Happily Ever After (A Solaufein-fic)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:35 AM

Chapter 1: The Wedding

"Congratulations, Sir Anomen."

Sir Anomen Delryn beamed brightly, his white armor shining brightly. It was the happiest day of his life and he had been smiling all day. His cheeks hurt a little from the stretching of his facial muscles and his hands hurt a little from the many well-wishers that had given him their blessings.

The whole Delryn estate was crowded with well-wishers and friends from all over Faerun. Rare faces of Drizzt, Elminster were among the crowd that gathered around the government district. Elves and Paladins of the Order mingled among the crowd, contributing to one of the rarest and grandest wedding in the history of Faerun.

It was Anomen and Rivian's wedding day.

The delryn estate had been fully renovated and given a fresh coat of paint. The servants ran about with their errands and fussed over the guests, Anomen stood proudly at the entrance of his estate, welcoming guests from all over faerun. Rivian was nowhere in sight, she was afterall the bride and brides were the last to make their appearances.

"Well done, Sir Anomen. The estate never look so well-maintained in my memory." Sir Keldorn Firecam greeted him, at his side with Lady Maria and his two daughters.

"Thank you teacher. Rivian deserved nothing but the best."

Sir Keldorn nodded his approval and allowed the butler to lead his family into the compound.

-------------------------
"You are here to celebrate the wedding of Sir Anomen Delryn and Lady Rivian. If there's anyone that think this couple should not wed, step out now or forever be silence." the solemn voice of Elminster echoed through the compound.

All was quiet. One dark figure moved towards the couple. His face hidden beneath his elven hood. He stopped a few steps away from the couple and lifted up his hood.

"Solaufein! I'm so glad you can make it." Rivian's melodious voice ranged and she smiled happily at her drow friend.

"Congratulations, Rivian and Anomen." Solaufein's eyes looked at the beautiful Rivian standing on the altar with her knight. He tried his best to smile happily at the newlyweds. He was happy for her but she did not know that his heart was breaking.

"Do you Rivian take Sir Anomen Delryn as your lawfully wedded husband and to love him till eternity?" Elminster continued the ceremony.

Rivian blushed, she wore a satin white gown with light blue ribbons at her back. Her veil was decorated with small white lilies to symbolize purity. Her golden hair done in buns with two long flowing locks free at the sides, she had white lilies in her hair. She had wanted this day since she sat her eyes on an arrogant squire in the local tavern, three years ago. She turned her eyes at the knight besides her, he looked at her with loving eyes.

Without any hesitation, she faced Elminster. "I do."

"Do you Sir Anomen Delryn, take Lady Rivian as your lawfully wedded wife and to love her till eternity?"

It was Anomen's turn to answer and without any hesitation, he said the words that he had been wanting to say for a long time. "I do."

"I now pronounced you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." Elminster concluded the ceremony and Anomen smiled at his new wife, his hand gently tilted her chin and he planted a kiss on her sweet lips.

Solaufein felt a sharp pain in his heart as the ceremony concluded, he saw how happy Rivian was, her eyes lit up with happiness and bliss. His eyes watered and tears threatened to flow out, he held them back painfully. It would be a taint on such a beautiful day for Rivian and he was determined not to let his sorrow leave a mark in Rivian's memory.

A hand cupped his shoulders, he turned around and found Jaheria staring at him in knowingly. She indicated him to follow her outside.

"I know, Solaufein. She is beautiful isn't she?" Jaheria spoke at last.

Solaufein turned to look into the estate, he could still see Rivian standing on the altar receiving blessings from well-wishers, she looked so radiant. He nodded at Jaheria's comments.

"Come back in sixty years time, Solaufein, if your heart truly desires her."

Jaheria's comments shocked Solaufein. He stared at her, speechlessly.

How did she know?

"She will need you then Solaufein. Rivian doesn't have many close elven friends. Her husband will not live forever and Rivian will still be barely two hundred years old then. I fear she would not be able to handle it, when Anomen left for his time."

Solaufein could not believe his ears.

"What are you talking about? its Rivian's wedding, how could you say that?"

"I know, I love Rivian too, I know her too well, drow. I'm saying that she will kill herself when Anomen's time come. And if you are her friend, you better be there to watch her. I... I doubt I will still be around." Jaheria's eyes narrowed and her expression thoughtful.

Solaufein knew that Jaheria was a wise druid, and she was also very perceptive and there was wisdom in her words, inappropriate for the day but still the wisdom was there.

"What makes you think I'll be alive. There are many who hunt Drow and will not give me a chance."

"You are resourceful. You will survive. Think over my words, drow. " Jaheria left Solaufein to his thoughts and re-joined the crowd.

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 18 August 2003 - 01:32 PM

Well, that certainly was a very mushy stuff and exactly what I needed right now. :) It touches a very interesting subject and one of the reasons why I never played elven protagonists - watching your loved one aging and dying while you are still young should be very hard to take. Since I hate Aerie's guts, I have no reason whatsoever to play elves, even if I love that race.

Some minor nits, if you don't mind?

The whole Delryn estate was crowded with well-wishers and friends from all over Faerun. Rare faces of Drizzt, Elminster were among the crowd that gathered around the government district. Elves and Paladins of the Order mingled among the crowd, contributing to one of the rarest and grandest wedding in the history of Faerun.

This is not really important, but I think it is highly unlikely that the suspicious and wary elves would leave their hidden forest encampments en masse to visit Athkatla for a wedding... but it is quite inconsequential to the spirit of the story. :lol:

"I know, I love Rivian too, I know her too well, drow. I'm saying that she will kill herself when Anomen's time come. And if you are her friend, you better be there to watch her. I... I doubt I will still be around." Jaheria's eyes narrowed and her expression thoughtful.

First, her name is 'Jaheira' :D Second, she's a half-elf, so I think it is a pretty safe assumption that she will probably outlive Anomen by some hundred years or so... unless she meets an untimely end (I hope not).

Poor Solaufein, though... maybe he should take his chances with Jae instead? :)

#3 Weyoun

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

"Congratulations, Sir Anomen."

Sir Anomen Delryn beamed brightly, his white armor shining brightly. It was the happiest day of his life and he had been smiling all day. His cheeks hurt a little from the stretching of his facial muscles and his hands hurt a little from the many well-wishers that had given him their blessings.

It was Anomen and Rivian's wedding day.

Aww, sounds like a right bustling occasion, though. :(

Sir Keldorn nodded his approval and allowed the butler to lead his family into the compound.

-------------------------
"You are here to celebrate the wedding of Sir Anomen Delryn and Lady Rivian. If there's anyone that think this couple should not wed, step out now or forever be silence." the solemn voice of Elminster echoed through the compound.

Okay, now I bet something will happen at this point. It always does... especially when half the realms are invited and the rest are scrying in. :(

"Congratulations, Rivian and Anomen." Solaufein's eyes looked at the beautiful Rivian standing on the altar with her knight. He tried his best to smile happily at the newlyweds. He was happy for her but she did not know that his heart was breaking.

Aw. :)

It was Anomen's turn to answer and without any hesitation, he said the words that he had been wanting to say for a long time. "I do."

"I now pronounced you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." Elminster concluded the ceremony and Anomen smiled at his new wife, his hand gently tilted her chin and he planted a kiss on her sweet lips.

*scratches head* Does beardo actually has the authority to marry someone? :)

Solaufein turned to look into the estate, he could still see Rivian standing on the altar receiving blessings from well-wishers, she looked so radiant. He nodded at Jaheria's comments.

Oh, yeah, she's an elf! Heheheheheh, Solaufein can just wait until Ano is out of the picture. :wink: :( :(

Jaheria's comments shocked Solaufein. He stared at her, speechlessly.

How did she know?

She's Jaheira. :)

That's the trouble in mixed elven/human relationships, I suppose. :)

Solaufein knew that Jaheria was a wise druid, and she was also very perceptive and there was wisdom in her words, inappropriate for the day but still the wisdom was there.

"What makes you think I'll be alive. There are many who hunt Drow and will not give me a chance."

"You are resourceful. You will survive. Think over my words, drow. " Jaheria left Solaufein to his thoughts and re-joined the crowd.

Awww, great story,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#4 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:27 AM

thank you guys for the comments.

*scratches head* Does beardo actually has the authority to marry someone?

hmmm, in the epilogue, Elmister was the one who marry them so I just followed the epilogue. :lol:

She's Jaheira.

oops, I keep spelling her name wrong. Arg, corn head hairstyle just don't sit well with me. ;)

That's the trouble in mixed elven/human relationships, I suppose

yes, especially pure elf and human. half-elfs are already bad enough, elfs are worse. I mean their lifespans.

#5 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:31 PM

It finally happened.

That's not something that she should speculate on now.

Nice

Hunter

#6 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:49 PM

thanks Hunter.

#7 Guest_C'est Nedra_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:11 AM

Wow! This was quite a change from the normal series posted...I loved it! Solaufein has such heart-wrenching potential, considering all that he has gone through.

The scene with Jaheira and Sol made me think of the Two Towers, with Arwen contemplating Aragorn's limited lifespan compared to hers, I guess it is rather convenient in Solaufein's case.:cry:

I couldn't find any little corrections other than what has already been said, except that I that it was a bit awkward for Rivian to address Sol as he comes out of the shadows, seems a bit of an interruption of the ceremony...but that might just be me!

Good story!

#8 Guest_C'est Nedra_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:14 AM

Wow! This was quite a change from the normal series posted...I loved it! Solaufein has such heart-wrenching potential, considering all that he has gone through.

The scene with Jaheira and Sol made me think of the Two Towers, with Arwen contemplating Aragorn's limited lifespan compared to hers, I guess it is rather convenient in Solaufein's case.:cry:

I couldn't find any little corrections other than what has already been said, except that I that it was a bit awkward for Rivian to address Sol as he comes out of the shadows, seems a bit of an interruption of the ceremony...but that might just be me!

Good story!

#9 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:31 PM

thanks C'est Nedra. I noticed there aren't many Sola's fic around and he's such a great NPC, always have a place in my party. :twisted:

except that I that it was a bit awkward for Rivian to address Sol as he comes out of the shadows, seems a bit of an interruption of the ceremony...but that might just be me!

Ahh, flow of the fic, something that I need to work on more. :twisted: Thanks for pointing that out.

#10 Laufey

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:37 PM

Awww...Ano deserves some happiness. :twisted:

All was quiet. One dark figure moved towards the couple. His face hidden beneath his elven hood. He stopped a few steps away from the couple and lifted up his hood.

But somebody else is sad, I wager. I really should play the Sola mod one of these days, I think.

Poor man. :wink:

Rivian blushed, she wore a satin white gown with light blue ribbons at her back. Her veil was decorated with small white lilies to symbolize purity. Her golden hair done in buns with two long flowing locks free at the sides, she had white lilies in her hair. She had wanted this day since she sat her eyes on an arrogant squire in the local tavern, three years ago. She turned her eyes at the knight besides her, he looked at her with loving eyes.

Certainly sounds pretty. :twisted: What class is she, btw?

"She will need you then Solaufein. Rivian doesn't have many close elven friends. Her husband will not live forever and Rivian will still be barely two hundred years old then. I fear she would not be able to handle it, when Anomen left for his time."

Oh yes, good point. This is certainly something to take into consideration for an elf.
Rogues do it from behind.

#11 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:41 AM

Certainly sounds pretty. What class is she, btw?

Oops, I seem to forget to post her stats. She's a soceroress. :wink: thanks for the comments.

#12 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:43 AM

Certainly sounds pretty. What class is she, btw?

Oops, I seem to forget to post her stats. She's a soceroress. :wink: thanks for the comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com