Enielle's Disappearance: Chapter 19 & 20 (COMPLETE)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:37 PM

Chapter 19: Redemption

Lord Anomen Delryn laid weakly in Enielle's arms. All that was left of his attacker was a burnt corpse lying some distance away from them, its flesh still burning the effects of a casted FlameStrike.

Anomen looked at Enielle, he had longed to be near her again and to feel her touch. He knew that his time had come and he felt nothing but remorse at his foolishness and quick temper. Once again, he had fallen victim to his black heart and had not only ended up hurting himself, but his most beloved one as well.

Enielle looked fondly at him. Her golden hair was glittering in the moonlight and her eyes were wet with held back tears. She spoke into him and his thoughts spoke for him. At this instant where Lord Anomen was near his time, she no longer needed words to hear what he said.

My love, the time has come. Will you come with me as my chosen knight once again? To know that I will love you always and we will be together again as I promised you before?

Anomen smiled, he had wished for nothing more than that. He wanted to go with her, to tell her he was sorry. He should have been stronger, been braver and been wiser. If he had been any of that, he would not have fallen victim to Yusef's cruel revenge.

Nay my love. I'm equally responsible for your plight. I should not have let you kill Saerk. I had destroyed your dreams when I did not stop you.

The goddess signed. It was one of her many regrets in her mortal years. In fact, it was a terrible mistake that had come at a cost that had destroyed her knight and almost herself. She was a lonely Goddess, she had thought that being a Goddess, she would be free of mortal pain and mortal emotions and she chose to ascend when given the choice to. She did not want to lead a lonely mortal life. She was afterall, a moon elf, and moon elves have long life spans.

She conveyed her regrets in thoughts to Anomen who winced at her pain.

"You chose Godhood because of me? Enielle, I had not thought of myself worthy of that sacrifice. I.... " he coughed violently and choking on his blood. Enielle did her best, she was not to heal him, but she did her best to reduce his pain.

Don't think of that, my love. Now you know I have never betray you. Will you come with me? Do you repent your misdeeds, my love? Repent and fate may be kind to you yet.

Anomen nodded, he felt his body weakened. "I love you Enielle... I.. had.. never.. stop.. loving you.. Take me.. with you." tears of regret flowed from his eyes, his dark hair wet with perspiration. He looked at his Goddess in the eyes, and he felt relieved and his dark soul brightened when he saw forgiveness and love in them.

It was known that people see things they did in the past, before they die and he saw scenes of blood, battles and tortures past by, misdeeds he had committed in his quest for revenge. Enielle smiled as her hand wiped the tickle of blood off the corner of his mouth. With her godly abilities, she willed his dark amour disappeared, to be replaced with the shining armor he wore when he went for his knight test. The armor bore the crest of the Most Noble Order of Radiant Heart and the holy symbol of his God. She took him back to Atklanta, where he stood before his father Lord Cor.

"Nay Father. I suggest the lawful way." He heard himself said to his father and felt a moment of calm, calmness he had never felt and always yearned to feel.

"Thank you, my love. I feel ..free.." Anomen smiled his last smile as he closed his eyes for his final rest. Enielle held his body and kissed his lips.

Goodbye my love..You are free.

#2 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:44 PM

Chapter 20: Justice Prevailed

Imoen stared at Enielle and the lifeless body of Lord Anomen. She approached Enielle, her eyes looking at Kelsey for a brief moment. She saw Enielle rose over Anomen and blessed his body. A golden light engulfed Anomen's body and Imoen could see a spirit rose from Anomen.

The spirit took the form of Anomen as it gained shape. It bowed to Enielle and walked towards her.

"What's that?" Imoen asked softly as Anomen took his place besides the Goddess.

Enielle turned towards Imoen and signalled her to approach.

"I have saved his soul, he will leave with me. We will be together once again, Imoen. Thank you." She spoke gently, her eyes looking at Kelseym bading him to approach her as well.

"Don't blame yourself Kelsey. This is not your fault. My love, he is at peace now. You and Imoen belong together." the Goddess smiled at him warmly, Kelsey nodded, he could feel his guilt lifting its weight off his shoulders. He could see Anomen smiling at him. He knew she was right, he was now at peace.

"Immy. Will you forgive me? It was a foolish mistake, I didn't have you then. I.. Please forgive me.." Kelsey held Imoen's hand and looked into her eyes.

Forgive and forget, my sister. It was not him who took me away. Do not deny your yearning heart.

Imoen felt confused, she wanted to forgive Kelsey especially when she saw how sorry he looked but she had doubts. She was not sure if Kelsey still loved Enielle. She looked at Anomen's spirit and his body, he looked at peace with himself, his aura of darkness gone.

"Immy.. please immy. I cannot live with hurting you. I didn't mean to.." Kelsey held on to Imoen's hand and forced her to look into his eyes. "I love you Immy. I really do... "

Imoen let out a sign. She could not say no to Kelsey, not when he's pleading with her with genuine sincerity. She squeezed Kelsey's hand and Kelsey's eyes lit up with hope.

"I forgive you Kelsey if Enielle forgives you... You did not do me wrong, you did her and Anomen wrong.. I lost my sister to Godhood, I do not wish to lose you as well." Imoen whispered. Kelsey looked at Enielle, her words were clear to them.

Go then, my sister with your true love. Find happiness for I have found mine.

Her eyes looked at Anomen who smiled warmly in returned. He held her hand and brought it to his lips.

Before we go, Immy. Know that I'll watch over you and Kelsey always.

She turned to Kelsey. "Kelsey, my friend. Promise me that you will take care of my sister. In many ways, she's still a child but her heart is pure and true to you."

"Of course, Enielle. I promise gladly."

"One last favor. Will you bury Anomen's body in Atkarla?"

"Yes. Of course. I will see that he will have a proper burial."

With a final smile, Enielle and Anomen vanished before the couple's eyes. The moon shine brightly and two figures holding hand in hand stood still for a while enjoying each other's comfort.

When morning comes, Lady Finn and Sir Alan returned at the bidding of the Goddess. The lovers were gone and they took Lord Anomen's body with them to Atkarla. The battlefield was quiet.

Behind Sir Alan, a new group of knights approached.

"Let's give the dead a proper burial, the wronged have been righted" Sir Alan ordered. Lady Finn nodded and smiled.

Indeed, the wronged had been righted.
======================

That's it, whole fanfic is now complete, thanks for reading.

#3 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 17 August 2003 - 01:26 PM

That's it, whole fanfic is now complete, thanks for reading.

Wow, this was very good. I read all the chapters without pause. It's even beliveable.

But couldn't you have posted it over a few days, 5 at least? You would have gotten more comments that way!

I visited your website. It looks intersting.

Hunter

#4 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:34 AM

thanks Hunter

For some unknown reasons, gamejag is v slow for me even though I'm on broadband. To post this reply, I had to try 10 times *grumbles* so I thought since I've already completed this fic, might as well post all of it up. :cry:

thanks for your feedback. This is the first fic of any kind I wrote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com