Enielle's Disappearance: Chapter 15 & 16

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:25 PM

Chapter 15: Battle Drums
Anomen woke up to the sounds of battle drums and fighting. The war drums sounded too near for his comfort. He got off the bed quickly and put on his armor. "Lord Anomen! The assault last night did not go well...." a squire ran in panting. His face was covered with soot, and there were blood on his amour indicating he had been fighting or was injured.

"We lost the golems to the catapult! It seems that they had buried the catapults only to unearth them at the sight of the golems. That's not all.." the squire stopped abruptly as he caught sight of the murder in his lord's eyes.

"WHAT?? Speak. Do not tarry or your head will roll!" Anomen barked.

"And the enemy is now 3 miles from the gates. Our army had engaged the enemy and the fighting is intense, my lord. Their leader, that mage lady. She.. she.." the squire hesitated, he raised his arms into the air and pointed outside the window.

Anomen looked at the direction where the squire had pointed, smoke was raising.

"There's where they are fighting. I fear our army is no match for their leader." the squire spoke timidly, he knew his lord did not like failures.

"What is known?" Anomen was surprisingly calm.

"Her name is Lady Finn. A mage, priestess of some sort... She has immense powers, she disintegrated some of our golems and her spells have proven to be fatal for several of our squires."

"Lady Finn hmmmm... Never heard of her. Retreat the army into the gates, send the lich to face her. Magic users best dealt with magic users. I will lead the remaining army. This fortress will not fall!"

The squire bowed and quickly left to carry out his orders. He had learnt not to tarry lest it incurred the wrath of his lord.

Anomen armed himself with his blade and filled his belt with potions. He past by Enielle's door, and decided to see Enielle before he went into the battlefield. He was shocked to find the door unlock and Enielle was not in the room.

"Damn that bitch! I'll have her head on a pike when I return. How dare she free my consort! SQUIRE ENMION!!!" Anomen shouted for his squire.

From afar, a small figure came ran towards Anomen.

"My lord, I am here. What are your orders?" Squire Enmion bowed respectfully before his lord.

"Go find that bitch, kill her and that sorcerer lover of hers. Bring me my consort, unharmed or your head roll! Is that UNDERSTOOD?"

"Yes my lord." the squire bowed.
----------------------

The moonlight shined brightly, the skies were cleared. The fighting had stopped for a few hours as the two sides retreated for rest.

Anomen's army stood in front of him, they looked tired and frightened. Several of them were wounded and the priests were trying their best to heal their wounds. Others stood at attention, waiting for orders from their lord. Behind Anomen, a swaying figure slowly approached Anomen. He wore a powerful mage robe, and on his face, a mask of evil that only the brave dared to look upon.

"The bitch's magic will be useless here, my lord." the lich assured Anomen. He smiled showing his yellow crooked teeth, his right hand swaying a mean looking staff with the an emerald stone bearing the sign of a skull on the top of the staff. On his left shoulders sit an undead black crow with the head of a crow skull.

Not many of Anomen's army dared to approach the lich or even be near him, for the mere presence of the undead struck fear into their hearts. Only Anomen looked at him expressionless. He eyed the lich as though he was just one of his many subordinates.

"Good, I see you are confident of handling the mage's meddling. Do not fail me, lich." he warned the undead in a low dangerous tone. The lich smiled and nodded.

"My army will handle those holy knights. They will not get a chance to unleash their holy powers on you. Fail me otherwise and I will let them burn you with their holy water." finishing the threat, he signaled the army to march towards the gate.

Soon, this will all end. Enielle...

Lord Anomen smiled to himself, he put on his helmet and mounted his waiting stallion, a huge black war horse. He drew his blade and swing it in the air.

"ONWARDS! TO FIGHT FOR THE FORTRESS OF DARKNESS! FOR THE ORDER OF BLACK KNIGHTS!!!! OPEN THE GATES!!" The order was issued and the war drums started again.

#2 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:27 PM

Chapter 16: The Arrival of The Knight

Immy's taking too long. She should be back by now. What if...

Kelsey shook his head. Immy was a nimble person, she would not be caught so easily.

I better get the preparations done. Time is running out. Immy will make it in time, she always do.

Kelsey meddled with the potions in front of him and scribbled on a piece of scroll he was holding. He was determined to finish the preparation as soon as he could, this place gave him the creeps and he had been imprisoned in the fortress far too long.

A puff of smoke appeared in the middle of the ritual room. Kelsey looked up in shock, it was far too early, the summoning had not yet begun.

A dimension door opened in the room, a tall man in shining full plate armor stepped out. He wore an equally shining helmet and carried a powerful enchanted war hammer at his right hand. On his left hand, he held a shield wearing the crest of his family.

Delryn

"Kelsey?? Is that you? I thought I'm already on the other plane.. " the man looked confused. "Helm's mercy! I AM on another plane." he swore, the look of confusion on his face clearing. Kelsey didn't know what to do, he wasn't sure if he should let go of that spell he had chanted.

"Are you Kelsey or not? Where's Imoen? Did you see Enielle?" The man approached Kelsey.

"Stand where you are! Who are you?"

"Its me, Anomen.. I've come to take Enielle home. Did you see her? Where's this place?"

Just as Kelsey was going to ask him more questions, the door to the room opened. Imoen stepped in, supporting the wounded Enielle into the room. She froze when she saw Anomen and drew her dagger from her belt.

"Enielle! My love... " Anomen ran towards Enielle when he caught sight of her, stopping only few steps away when he saw Imoen's dagger waving dangerously at him.

Enielle was barely conscious, her wound had been infected even though Lord Anomen healed her. She was having a fever and could hardly concentrate.

"Anomen?? Ohh.. I must be dreaming again..." Enielle whispered. She had been trying to comfort herself, telling herself that her knight would come for her eventually but when he did come, she was too weak to recognize him.

"Stop Lord Anomen. You are not keeping us here anymore. We are free, step aside." Imoen spat, her hand still waving the dagger at the confused man.

"What are you talking about? Immy? Enielle is hurt, let me heal her or she will die. Look at her, her face is so pale and..."

And she had lost so much weight...

He caught sight of her tattered robes and looked at Imoen in alarmed. "What happened to Enielle's clothes?" Without waiting for Imoen to answer, he stepped forward and knocked Imoen's dagger onto the ground. Imoen dropped her arm that was holding Enielle in surprised and Anomen caught her in his strong arms.

He kneeled down, resting Enielle's back against one strong arm and he touched Enielle's forehead with his other hand, only to shot back at the heat.

Two waves of golden light covered Enielle's face from his gloved hand.

"Anomen?" Enielle opened her eyes, she smiled at the man holding her. She was still dazed from the effects of her fever and wasn't sure if the sight in front of her was just another dream.

"My love, it is me. Don't you frighten me like that again. I've come to take you home. We will not part again."

"Am I dreaming? Is it really you? The other Anomen wants me too. I'm scared."

"What other Anomen? There's only one me. Silly girl.. Come drink this. You'll feel better." Anomen pressed the potion to Enielle's lips. She opened her mouth and emptied the contents, color returned to her face and she looked speechless at Anomen.

She stared at Anomen for a few moments, studying his features and mannerism until she was convinced she was not dreaming and that the handsome man in front of her was indeed her lover, Anomen. She threw herself at him, her hands over his shoulders and hugged him as tightly as she could. Tears of relief flowed down her eyes as she sobbed in the arms of her lover.

"Hush now, my love... I'm here... " Anomen stroked her hair trying to console his elven lover.

Kelsey had moved over to where Imoen stood, in his hand, he discarded the minute meteors he had summoned in defense. He reached for Imoen's hand and they both felt a moment of calm.

"BOOM!" the sound of another incoming from the catapults outside the fortress hitting. The room shook like an earthquake had hit, potions were toppled and glasses broke.

The two couples jumped. They looked at each other. Imoen was the first to speak. "We must get out of here. The ritual.." She pulled Kelsey over to the preparation table when she caught sight of the shattered glasses of the Onyx mirror.

"GODS NO! The mirror!!" Imoen cried out in dismay and ran to the wreckage. Kelsey followed her closely.

"Kelsey.. What is to be done now.... The mirror's gone.. No ritual.."

Anomen picked Enielle up and they both ran to the wreckage."Does this means, I can't go home?" Enielle dreaded the question.

Kelsey nodded his head. "Whats going to happen to us? Is there no other way?" It was Anomen's turn to ask. Kelsey and Imoen were silent, they looked at each other and finally Imoen broke the silence.

"We'll have to leave by the front gate. Once we escape from the fortress, we can find another onyx mirror to perform the ritual, as long as we have the key." Imoen took out Moira's ring from her pocket and placed the precious ring onto Enielle's hand. "Its yours, keep it."

"We must go. I fear the fortress is going to collapse." Kelsey walked towards the door, dragging Imoen with him.

Anomen took off his cloak and put it around Enielle's shoulders. Then he armed himself with his war hammer and held Enielle's hand. "Stay close to me, my love. We have to fight our way out and I will protect you." He smiled warmly at her. Enielle returned the smile, she knew without a doubt that this man was indeed her lover, her knight, her protector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com