That you and I were one
We would always be together
You were my moon, you were my sun.

Once upon a time you said
That you could love just me
Foolish one, yes I believed
My blind eyes couldn't see.

- Poem abstract borrowed from Debbie. http://www.angelfire...l/onceupon.html

Anomen stormed down the corridor, he was angry with himself. One moment he would hate Enielle's guts and the next moment he would melt against her beauty.

Damn you. Enielle. Why must you torment me so? Why am I destined to play around your feet..

How he wished for the times when Enielle was kind and loving to him. She would take soup to him when he was sea sick in that Saemon's ship. He would wake up warm each morning with his love besides him. She would buff him up with her spells before letting him into battle even though he could do the same for himself.

She would do so many things for him, her actions clearly of love. Why, then, why did she betray him?

Let's not meet again, Anomen. Good-bye

She sounded so cold, so heartless. How could she when he had given up all his dreams for her, his dreams of knighthood, his family all gone and he had died for him many times in battles to save her, to complete her quest. How could she betray him in such a cold-blooded way?

Damn you Enielle. I would never forgive you, Enielle. Never.

------------

"Lord Anomen, our spy reported that a huge army camped just 10 miles from the fortress. What is to be done?" Squire Enmion reported, he bowed respectfully.

"Who is leading the army?"

"A paladin, Sir Devin Velin and ... " Squire Enmion hesitated. He wasn't sure if what he was going to say would pleased his master.

"Spit it out and be quick about it if you value your life!" Anomen was impatience and he did not like surprises especially in battles.

"There was a lady, a mage of some sort with them. Very powerful too. She alone had distintegrated several of our spies within mere moments. The paladins seems to respect her very much and follow her leadership."

"Hmmm.. its unlike those tin men to let a female lead them. Go find out who she is. Wait till nightfall, then release the golems for the first assault. Those scums should fall under the might of our adamantile golems."

"Yes my lord. It will be done as your command." the squire bowed and left.

Lead by a lady, huh? Hmmm.. Interesting...

#2 Guest_celestine_*

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

Chapter 14: I will Remember You

I'm so afraid to love you, but more afraid to loose
Clinging to a past that doesn't let me choose
Once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

- Lyrics by Sarah McLachlan from the song "I will Remember You".

Anomen woke up from a restless night, he had been praying the entire night for Enielle's safety. When he had finally fallen asleep from exhaustion, he rest uneasily, Enielle's safety weighted heavily on his mind.

At the crack of dawn, he was up. He washed his face quickly, and went to the Inn for breakfast. He did not feel like eating but he knew he must eat, especially when he would need his strength to save his bride. His beautiful elven bride.

Enielle...

Her name lingered on his lips. He had dreamt about Enielle the night before. That he sat besides Enielle brushing her silky locks beneath the silver moonlight besides the lake. She was smiling at him, hymming a sweet tune in her melodious voice. Anomen smiled contently, her voice comforts him. As he reached forward to touch her locks, she vanished like a ripples on the lake. He had reached for her, his fingers grasped her fading locks but when he opened his hand, there was nothing. He had shouted her name and woke up to nothing. Nothing but a feeling of emptiness in him. He was incomplete without her. She was the light, the beacon in his world, lightning up the darkness and shadows.

Anomen fiddled with his broth and finally gave up convincing himself to down the broth. With a heavy heart, he started for the library.
--------

"Imoen?? Is it ready?"

"No." He had been asking this question for the past two days and had always get the same reply back from his bride's sister.

"Anomen? Are you alright?" Imoen was worried, she knew that her future brother-in-law was not resting well and that Enielle's fate weight heavily upon his heart and soul.

Anomen turned and faced Imoen. She looked intently at him, her lips twitching as though she wanted to say something.

"I'm alright... We must not tarry. Is there something that I do not know?" Anomen felt a moment of dread, he suspected that Imoen might be withholding news from him. Bad news like Enielle's safety. He shivered at the thought of it. He wasn't sure if he could take any more bad news on Enielle.

What if.. what if.. my love is gone.. from me.. I.. can't live...

"Oh no. Kelsey and I ran into some problems obtaining a onyx mirror for the ritual. He had gone to the nearest town to buy. Just a few more days.. I'm sorry." Imoen quickly assured him, sensing his anxiety from his pained expression. Imoen reached for Anomen's hand and squeezed it tightly, hoping that her gesture could assured his anxiety.

Anomen let out a sigh. "I'll be at the temple praying." and he left, much to the relief of Imoen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com