Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 48

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 13 August 2003 - 04:29 AM

The genies had set up their embargo of Trademeet just outside the town fences, in a tent so brilliantly blue it hurt to look at it.

Inside, Khan Zaraa and two attendants floated with serene arrogance just above the dusty floor. Their thoughts were directed inwards, on the Plane of Air, which this miserable mudball was nothing like.

Only one guard was outside, and he didn't seem very wary either.

"What supreme arrogance," Adrian said, with more amazement than anything else.

The party was crouched some twenty feet away, behind a small hillock. The three Rakshassa formed a loose triangular formation around the party.

Ilfhateer, the lead Raskhassa's name, was both suprised and pleased at such a reasonable human to work with. The genies, he told them, would grant themselves immunity to all weapons as soon as struck. Then they would prevent any counterspells by turning invisible at will.

So Viconia called upon Shar for hte power to see with the eyes of the night--true sight, it was called.

Then they attacked. Adrian and Jan fired their crossbows, but the guard genie was not stunned as he raised his defenses, he ws shocked to find them imediately lowered--Edwin had started chanting at the same moment as himself' and Viconia had seen 5to it that he could not hide.

So Korgan and Anomen closed with the Genie and attacked. To his credit, he fought well; Korgan lost a hank of hair and Anomen got a nasty cut under one eye. Then the genie was down.

------

Khan Zaraa raised his head, frowning as his meditations were disrupted.

"Did you hear something?" He asked his attendants.

"No, great Khan," they answered as one.

"Go and check on Kelmundi, he should--"

One of Jan's Bruiser Mates flew through the tent entrance and exploded. The three Genies were all caught completely unawares; both attendants were stunned, and the Khan himself was distracted and did not cast defensively.

This allowed Adrian and Ilfahteer to charge right at him. His broad scimitar parried Adrian's strike, but not Ilfahteer's low cut. Grunting in pain, he tried to raise his defences....and Tree's staff, thrown like a javelin, connected with his skull.

Crack.

Now he was stunned. Adrian finished him easily.

"We shall not forget this," Ilfahteer promised.

"See that you don't," Adrian agreed. "It would be.....unfortunate, if you drew attention to yourselves."

"I will do you better than that," the Rakshassa said, baring it's fangs in a grin. "We intend to remain hidden in the Grove. Should you need assistance, contact us."

Adrian nodded. "I'll remember that."

-------

"You have freed the town!" Lord Logan was far too jubliant, it seemed to Adrian. "We shall make you Heroes of Trademeet! Your statues shall adorn our public fountain!"

"We'd settle for gold," Korgan grunted.

"Gold you shal have, but you must truly be praised for this. Accolades shall be given! Your names shall become renown! I must arrange this!"

Viconia stared at him. "Immortalize a Drow as a hero, are you mad?!?"

"Not at all, it's happened before with that Drizzt fellow! I must set this up, a feast and ceremony for tomorrow!" The mayor bustled off.

Adrian and Edwin stared at each other for a long moment. Then, almost as one, they buried their faces in their hands and groaned.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:03 AM

Heh, nice twist on the Trademeet Genies quest. And I do hope we'll get to see the adv... mercenaries reactions to their new status as 'heroes of Trademeet'

#3 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:45 AM

Haha! Nice joke at the end, esp. with Drizzt..oh, the statues...

Loved the genie-killing of course, both for the scene and the twist..

#4 Guest_bobby23_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:52 AM

finaly the new adrian bit short for my taist but good never did like those guys

and adrian and co as heros of trademeet lol bet none of them seen that comeing! still wonder if, well maybe not if but who`s side you`1ll take in the cape caper?

so tigerfaces are going to stay in the gove uh? well i`ll bet our friend will find some way to make them useful! (ether with the elfs or later)

plz plz plz i know they woudn`t get along at all but do something with mazzy the korgan mazzy banter was some of the funnyest stuff i seen in a game!!

same with keldorn i know adrian doesn`t like paladins and well keldorn hate drow and edwin has something agains paledins too

but keldy is somewhat more practical then most paledins (did i spell this right?)

anyway musing and wishes aside great story (think i allready said that tomany tiems now) keep it up

#5 Guest_Conrack_*

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:41 PM

Yay!

Adrian is back!! :)
A nice "evil" way of dealing with the arrogant genies.

BTW. I have been re-reading the first chapters, and i have noticed that you often write 'Korgan' instead of 'Kagain'

Just thought you might like to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com