Thicker than Water 17

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bibbi_*

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:51 PM

as you will recall, i split this section up in the last chapter. so to mitigate confusion, i start with the last paragraph of last section. if it still doesn't make sense, part 16 is just down the page. and i have a feeling that this won't be a popular chapter even though we see a character we haven't seen for a while...and whom we'll see again. but i don't want to spoil the surprise, you'll find out for yourself...enjoy (if you can :twisted: )

and btw, i may not post for a little while because i'm going to philadelphia before heading off to college, so if i have a chance during my stay in philly, i'll post, otherwise the next part will be after i'm back at school (wheee! :wink: )

They left the Harper building without another word. A tension had settled among the group, leaving them with nothing to say to one another save harsh words. They worked their way back to the Five Flagons Inn where the rest of the group recovered and where they themselves would get some needed rest before searching the sewers for a lost bard.

An arrow darted from the shadows of an alley and thudded into Minsc’s shoulder. He howled in pain and ripped it free as the others readied themselves for attack. Ajantis recognized the signs of street thugs and narrowed his eyes. Such scum deserved death, no question about it.

But their attackers were not mere thugs. Six figures surrounded them from all side, clearly expecting their arrival. Several of them looked familiar to Ajantis but he could not remember why.

An elegant woman in flowing red robes stepped to the front, smiling nastily. “At last I have found you. The gnome thought himself most clever to hide the scroll this way, but no one can challenge my superior intellect! (Not that any of them come close, filthy monkeys.) Hand over the scroll and we will kill you painlessly. Refuse and face the fury of a woman scorned. (What am I saying? I meant to say my unholy wrath! Yes, that sounds intimidating.)”

“Edwin, how good to see you again. Did you do something different with your hair? Or is it the robe? You’ve changed since I last saw you.” Jaheira tapped a finger to her lips as she pretended to think. “Oh, that’s right, last time I saw you you were a man, loosely speaking.”

“Silence, woman! I will not suffer your taunts!” the woman screamed shrilly. She turned to the gathered attackers and glared. “And don’t think I can’t hear your infantile giggling! (They all mock me with their eyes. They will all die.)”

Ajantis regarded the woman’s compatriots but did not detect any hint of mirth in their countenances. The woman was clearly insane.

“That scroll cost me my manhood!” the red robed woman continued in agony. “And it tampered with my magic! Now I don’t know whether the fireball I cast will work or if it will turn into a falling cow! (That only happened once, thank the Gods.) You will return the scroll now or suffer for the rest of your short lives! (I knew I couldn’t trust that Neb to retrieve the scroll for me! If you want something done right, burn it until it’s dead!)”

Jaheira smirked throughout this tirade. “I am sorry, Edwin, but we do not have your scroll. It is, ah, in a safe place right now. And I don’t think I would be willing to give it to you even if I had it on me. The best I can do is offer to take you to it.” Ajantis wondered why she would offer this before remembering the bewitched elf, Xan, who had also suffered from the scroll. If this Edwin new a way to reverse the effects, perhaps she—he—whatever, could cure Xan.

“No deal, Harper!” Edwin snarled. “No doubt another painfully obvious trap that your kind are fond of making (and I only fell for one once. How was I to know it wasn’t a real dragon’s egg?)”

“If you don’t mind,” a lazy voice said from the side, “might we finish this soon? I have better things to do than watch a pack of smelly adventurers squabble like children.” The man who spoke held a bow at the ready, the initial attacker who had hit Minsc.

“Eldoth!” Tybalt cried. “I thought you looked familiar! Why are you working with this madman…woman…whatever!”

Eldoth smiled casually, as if he weren’t in the middle of a life-threatening argument. “How kind of you to take an interest in me! You weren’t nearly this charitable when we met in Cloakwood, I’m afraid.”

“We do not condone kidnapping,” Jaheira reminded him with a snarl.

“Nor do I,” Eldoth confessed. “At least, not after that bitch Skie ran away with some other bard, a lad named Garrick, I believe. It took me several days to track them down and…admonish them for leaving me.” He sighed grandly. “Sadly, neither of them seemed to appreciate my suggestions and I was forced to employ other tactics.” He smiled at the memory. “They screamed for hours before I finally cut their throats,” he recalled.

The only woman of the enemy group growled in disgust. “What’s the matter, Shar-Teel? Do you find my stories not to your liking?”

“I find you not to my liking! You’re the worst excuse for a man I’ve ever seen! If it wasn’t for Edwin, here-”

“If it wasn’t for me, you would all be rotting in a jail here or there,” Edwin interrupted imperiously. “(Monkeys, all of them. If I had my true form I would not need their help.) Kagain, you were charged with smuggling and extortion and sentenced to death.”

The surly dwarf shrugged.

“Tiax, you little megalomaniac fool, you were to be put in an asylum for your rantings.”

“One day,” the ugly gnome warned under his breath. “Bam! Then Tiax will rule all. Maybe keep Red Wizard as concubine, if she’s good.”

Edwin pretended not to hear this disturbing news. “Shar-Teel, you were arrested for brawling.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” the woman protested angrily.

“Unless the man you’re fighting winds up with a sword in his intestines,” Edwin amended.

Shar-Teel scowled but held her tongue.

“Korgan, you were found in a gutter not far from here with no friends or money to your name.”

“Har har, yer making me blush, bag of tricks!”

“Eldoth, without my help you would have hanged for the murder of the daughter of a duke of Baldur’s Gate.”

“Technically he was already dead so she wasn’t royalty any longer,” Eldoth explained embarrassedly.

“I brought you all out of your miserable lives to finish our common goal: to kill Tybalt and avenge ourselves from the trouble he’s caused!”

“Actually,” Korgan raised his hand, “that not be entirely true. I have no problem with the long-legs, I’m just in it for the loot. He can live or die, I nae care.”

“Fine, fine. But you get the idea! (Ruin a perfectly good exposition, dwarf, see if I care!)” Edwin muttered.

“What did I do?” Tybalt asked in confusion. “I’ve met you all once, maybe twice at the most.”

“Ah, but without your guidance we were forced to follow our own instincts and do what we did best,” Eldoth explained.

“Become annoying recurring minor villains with petty vendettas?” Jaheira guessed.

“Exactly!” Edwin crowed in triumph. “Enough narration; give me the scroll and your deaths will be relatively painless!”

“I thought you said we could torture them?” Shar-Teel challenged.

“Shut up, woman! (Mental note: do not share details with minions unless absolutely necessary.)”

“I don’t think so,” Tybalt countered defiantly. “The most you deserve is a swift execution.” He drew his sword and charged the wizard.

“Fine! Die, then! (These monkeys are more stupider than I thought. I mean-)”

Ajantis cried an oath to Helm and clashed with one of the dwarves. He heard Aerie cry out from behind him but was preoccupied with blocking axe swings to his face.

Outnumbered and already wearied from the battle with the Harpers, the group fought valiantly but with diminishing strength. They fell back against the seasoned mercenaries’ onslaught, only managing to stay one step ahead of the sword or axe thrust at them.

Tybalt had just escaped Kagain’s hammer and delivered a crippling blow to the dwarf when a bolt of energy struck his side. He turned and faced Edwin.

The Red Wizard looked just as surprised as Tybalt. “(I wanted stoneskin and all I get is a lousy magic missile?) Prepare to die, monkey!” The woman grandiosely waved her arms at him and he flinched, fearing another burst of random magic. When nothing hit him, he opened his eyes and watched the wizard.

But the woman had vanished. In her place, a thin, seedy looking man wore a robe too wide around the chest and hips and an expression of bafflement. “What went wrong this time?” he wondered aloud. “I must learn to control these surges. (I must also take better care of my body, I seem to be catching a cold. Wait a minute.)” The man paused, looked down at his form, and cried out jubilantly. “I’m normal again! (No, wait, the rash is still there. Bah, I’ll fix that later.)” He shot a triumphant grin at Tybalt. “Now I am restored to my full glory. Now you will taste my true power.”

He waved his hands again at Tybalt but the only result was a fizzle of sparks from his fingertips. “Damn! Not now! I am in the middle of something important, can’t you see that?” he yelled at his fingers. He raised his head and stared at Tybalt with loathing. “You may have escaped my wrath this time, but I would not sleep easy at night if I were you! (Though with his stench I cannot imagine ever sleeping well.)” Edwin signaled his followers to retreat and raced through the streets before Tybalt had a chance to stop him.

He made to follow but Jaheira called for him to wait. “Minsc has been hurt,” she said with concern clear in her voice.

Tybalt allowed the remaining group to flee reluctantly. Though he was weak and tired, he wanted to hunt down his attackers and rip their throats out for daring to think they could kill him. In frustration, he stabbed his sword into the prone Kagain’s body as he went to Minsc’s side, eliciting a short scream before the dwarf choked on his own blood and lay silent.

The situation appeared grim for the giant ranger. Several of Eldoth’s arrows were imbedded in his chest. Eldoth himself lay nearby, his eyes lifeless. At least Minsc had stopped the man’s deadly assault before collapsing from pain.

Jaheira and Aerie hovered over Minsc in an attempt to fix the damage, but their healing spells had been used up in Galvarey’s mock trial. They had no potions to give the giant, having left them with the recuperating members of the party at the inn.

Worse yet, the arrows’ wounds festered and decayed the flesh around them. “Poison,” Aerie confirmed gravely. “It’s amazing he could withstand all that he did before falling.” Her voice wavered with she refused to give up hope. “Maybe i-if we find a healer or a temple in time…”

“Child,” Jaheira whispered in pain, “look around. None of us are in any condition to carry Minsc any distance. We don’t even know where a healer could be in this area of the city.”

“I am not a child!” Aerie snapped. “I am older than you! So don’t try to coddle me or give excuses why you’re going to let him die!”

Jaheira met the elf’s eyes unflinchingly. “I will forgive you for that because I know he was your friend, too, but never question my willingness to help a friend in need. We have all done the best we can for Minsc. There is nothing more to be done, nor anything gained from squabbling amongst ourselves.”

Aerie’s large eyes filled with tears and she threw herself into Ajantis’ arms. She gasped something through her tears and Ajantis’ armor, but it was unintelligible.

Jaheira looked away and stood. “What are you looking at?” she snapped at Tybalt.

He backed away and held his hands up in innocence.

She whirled away and stood apart from the others.

Minsc suddenly stirred on the ground. “Did the nasty red woman get a good butt-kicking?” he asked weakly.

Tybalt knelt beside him and laid a hand on the giant’s shoulder. “Yes, Minsc. You can rest now; we’re all safe. Your witch is unharmed. You have done your duty, go find peace.”

Minsc looked at Aerie for a moment, then smiled. “You will take good care of little Aerie, yes? She is still very young, and I am not sure she should be without a chaperone.” He gave a pointed look at the paladin who comforted the girl.

“Chaperone?” Tybalt asked dubiously.

Minsc smiled proudly. “Boo has been teaching me vocabulary,” he confided. “He says I must talk smart to be smart.” The ranger had another thought flash across his mind. “Who will watch Boo, now?”

“Oh, Minsc!” Aerie sobbed even louder. She held out a shaky hand. “I w-will take care of h-him for you, my dear warrior.”

Minsc ceremoniously placed the small hamster on Aerie’s palm and stared at her gravely. “It is a great responsibility to care for a miniature giant space hamster,” he declared. “But Minsc knows you will do it well. Thank you, beautiful Aerie.” He waved at Boo. “Be good for Aerie, she will feed you and pet you and bathe you and burp you now.” Boo gave a mournful squeak but leaped from Aerie’s hand back to the ranger’s shoulder.

“Boo, did you not hear me? You must help Aerie now!” Minsc tried to adopt a stern face against the hamster but wound up merely looking pained. “I will be fine, you go with pretty Aerie.”

The tiny hamster squeaked defiantly and resolutely clung to the giant.

The ranger let tears flow freely down his cheeks. “You would stay with Minsc until the end?” he quavered. “Boo, you don’t have to do this.” Another squeak followed. “You are right. What is Minsc without his Boo and what is Boo without his Minsc. We will see the fields of Rashemen together, then.”

Aerie laid a hand on Minsc’s shoulder. “I will never forget you, my brave protector. You have helped me more than you will ever know.”

Minsc smiled and patted her hand. “Tybalt,” he said after a long silence. “Make sure the evil wizard man does not get away with Dynaheir’s death. I go now to see my witch again and protect her in the spirit world. I will miss-” He gave a shuddering breath and lay still.

Tybalt closed the ranger’s eyes with an unsteady hand. “May you find the peace that escaped you here, great warrior,” he intoned.

He stood up and faced the others. “Let’s go,” he said coldly. His eyes remained distant from the scene as they hid the bodies until they could come back and properly bury them. Somewhere deep inside, a hideous voice began to laugh.

#2 Guest_argan_*

Posted 12 August 2003 - 10:18 PM

Sad :twisted:

Probably one of the first times I have seen Minsc die.

Great chapter, nevertheless.

#3 Guest_Bibbi_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:09 AM

Sad

Probably one of the first times I have seen Minsc die.

Great chapter, nevertheless.

yeah, i think that minsc presents a problem for some people (myself included)
his character is funny, at least for a while, but after i take him with me in several games i get tired of him. he's not realistic and he doesn't have much depth, so there's nothing to work with but some comic relief. plus, he has no in game quests and his banters with other members are relatively the same. so, he doesn't last too long, despite his uses in combat. my parties are a mix of good interactions between people and he just doesn't fit. of course, in my story there's no such thing as party limit, but the fact remains that he's not the best option for an adventuring group, especially with a bhaalspawn. it almost seems cruel how he's barely aware of his surroundings and yet we subject him to countless dangers for our sake. in a lot of stories, i see minsc dropped off somewhere where he can be happy or forget the painful memories of losing dynaheir, but i think that no matter what rengeance would be top on his small mind, so he's going to be unhappy until irenicus is dead. yet i don't want him in the party, so off he goes into the next life! :wink:
besides, without casualties, the danger in following tybalt wouldn't be as clear and the consequential risk would equate a reload in the actual game.

so yeah, that's why he got the boot, in a long speech :twisted:

thanks for reading!

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 06:43 AM

An elegant woman in flowing red robes stepped to the front, smiling nastily. “At last I have found you. The gnome thought himself most clever to hide the scroll this way, but no one can challenge my superior intellect! (Not that any of them come close, filthy monkeys.) Hand over the scroll and we will kill you painlessly. Refuse and face the fury of a woman scorned. (What am I saying? I meant to say my unholy wrath! Yes, that sounds intimidating.)”

Hehe, it's Edwina... and she's pretty cranky.

“Edwin, how good to see you again. Did you do something different with your hair? Or is it the robe? You’ve changed since I last saw you.” Jaheira tapped a finger to her lips as she pretended to think. “Oh, that’s right, last time I saw you you were a man, loosely speaking.”

Ooooooh, that's mean, Jaheira! :P

“That scroll cost me my manhood!” the red robed woman continued in agony. “And it tampered with my magic! Now I don’t know whether the fireball I cast will work or if it will turn into a falling cow! (That only happened once, thank the Gods.) You will return the scroll now or suffer for the rest of your short lives! (I knew I couldn’t trust that Neb to retrieve the scroll for me! If you want something done right, burn it until it’s dead!)”

I hope that falling cow dropped on Elminster's head.

Eldoth smiled casually, as if he weren’t in the middle of a life-threatening argument. “How kind of you to take an interest in me! You weren’t nearly this charitable when we met in Cloakwood, I’m afraid.”

You tell him, Jae! Kick that slimeball, where it hurts most! :)

“Nor do I,” Eldoth confessed. “At least, not after that bitch Skie ran away with some other bard, a lad named Garrick, I believe. It took me several days to track them down and…admonish them for leaving me.” He sighed grandly. “Sadly, neither of them seemed to appreciate my suggestions and I was forced to employ other tactics.” He smiled at the memory. “They screamed for hours before I finally cut their throats,” he recalled.

Hey... now that was really bad... I love Skie and Garrick was a decent guy too. Now I really want to see Eldoth being killed really painfully... like a sharpened stake protruded through his a*** so that it comes out through is mouth together with all his innards... (yes, that should suffice :? )

“Exactly!” Edwin crowed in triumph. “Enough narration; give me the scroll and your deaths will be relatively painless!”

“Shut up, woman! (Mental note: do not share details with minions unless absolutely necessary.)”

LOL! I think he learned this leasson a touch too late. Wonderful, you have amassed all the disgusting creeps of BG1 in one bunch (though I still love Eddie, no matter how mean he is :P) - that should make this a very tough fight for Tybalt and Co.

But the woman had vanished. In her place, a thin, seedy looking man wore a robe too wide around the chest and hips and an expression of bafflement. “What went wrong this time?” he wondered aloud. “I must learn to control these surges. (I must also take better care of my body, I seem to be catching a cold. Wait a minute.)” The man paused, looked down at his form, and cried out jubilantly. “I’m normal again! (No, wait, the rash is still there. Bah, I’ll fix that later.)” He shot a triumphant grin at Tybalt. “Now I am restored to my full glory. Now you will taste my true power.”

Eh, Eddie, you got what you wanted now get out of there... never mind your lackeys, let them die.

He waved his hands again at Tybalt but the only result was a fizzle of sparks from his fingertips. “Damn! Not now! I am in the middle of something important, can’t you see that?” he yelled at his fingers. He raised his head and stared at Tybalt with loathing. “You may have escaped my wrath this time, but I would not sleep easy at night if I were you! (Though with his stench I cannot imagine ever sleeping well.)” Edwin signaled his followers to retreat and raced through the streets before Tybalt had a chance to stop him.

No killing Eldoth??? That's unjust... please say you'll get him! :D

The situation appeared grim for the giant ranger. Several of Eldoth’s arrows were imbedded in his chest. Eldoth himself lay nearby, his eyes lifeless. At least Minsc had stopped the man’s deadly assault before collapsing from pain.

Argh... that bastard... revive Eldoth, torture him and kill him painfully... :D

“Child,” Jaheira whispered in pain, “look around. None of us are in any condition to carry Minsc any distance. We don’t even know where a healer could be in this area of the city.”

“I am not a child!” Aerie snapped. “I am older than you! So don’t try to coddle me or give excuses why you’re going to let him die!”

Whoa! If you know how to save him, brat, then speak up, but don't yell at Jaheira.

Minsc ceremoniously placed the small hamster on Aerie’s palm and stared at her gravely. “It is a great responsibility to care for a miniature giant space hamster,” he declared. “But Minsc knows you will do it well. Thank you, beautiful Aerie.” He waved at Boo. “Be good for Aerie, she will feed you and pet you and bathe you and burp you now.” Boo gave a mournful squeak but leaped from Aerie’s hand back to the ranger’s shoulder.

Awww. :wink:

Minsc smiled and patted her hand. “Tybalt,” he said after a long silence. “Make sure the evil wizard man does not get away with Dynaheir’s death. I go now to see my witch again and protect her in the spirit world. I will miss-” He gave a shuddering breath and lay still.

Tybalt closed the ranger’s eyes with an unsteady hand. “May you find the peace that escaped you here, great warrior,” he intoned.

Aww, that's really sad. :( But I tend to agree with your arguments - I find him a bit one-dimensional myself. True, many of us here have managed to give more debth to him, but still... he's a bit shallow. I never wrote him myself, probably never will - Edwin polymorphed him and Dyna into squirrels in my story... :lol:

#5 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 01:45 PM

[quote]
They left the Harper building without another word. A tension had settled among the group, leaving them with nothing to say to one another save harsh words. They worked their way back to the Five Flagons Inn where the rest of the group recovered and where they themselves would get some needed rest before searching the sewers for a lost bard.
[/quote]

[quote]
An arrow darted from the shadows of an alley and thudded into Minsc’s shoulder. He howled in pain and ripped it free as the others readied themselves for attack. Ajantis recognized the signs of street thugs and narrowed his eyes. Such scum deserved death, no question about it.
[/quote]

I have a feeling that they will get that very soon.

[quote]
[/quote]

I thought that it sounded wonderful.

[quote]
[/quote]

Grinding a knife in an open wound.

[quote]
“That scroll cost me my manhood!” the red robed woman continued in agony. “And it tampered with my magic! Now I don’t know whether the fireball I cast will work or if it will turn into a falling cow! (That only happened once, thank the Gods.)

cowkill!

[quote]
“No deal, Harper!” Edwin snarled. “No doubt another painfully obvious trap that your kind are fond of making (and I only fell for one once. How was I to know it wasn’t a real dragon’s egg?)”
[/quote]

That sou8nds like an interesting story.

[quote]
[/quote]

He killed garrick! that bastard.

[quote]
Edwin pretended not to hear this disturbing news. “Shar-Teel, you were arrested for brawling.”
[/quote]

Sounds like her.

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
“Unless the man you’re fighting winds up with a sword in his intestines,” Edwin amended.
[/quote]

Details, details. :cry:

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
“I don’t think so,” Tybalt countered defiantly. “The most you deserve is a swift execution.” He drew his sword and charged the wizard.
[/quote]

Kill edwin, kill edwin, YES! YES!

[quote]
The Red Wizard looked just as surprised as Tybalt. “(I wanted stoneskin and all I get is a lousy magic missile?) Prepare to die, monkey!” The woman grandiosely waved her arms at him and he flinched, fearing another burst of random magic. When nothing hit him, he opened his eyes and watched the wizard.
[/quote]

He's been turned into a wild mage?

[quote]
She whirled away and stood apart from the others.
[/quote]

[quote]
Minsc suddenly stirred on the ground. “Did the nasty red woman get a good butt-kicking?” he asked weakly.
[/quote]

[quote]
Tybalt knelt beside him and laid a hand on the giant’s shoulder. “Yes, Minsc. You can rest now; we’re all safe. Your witch is unharmed. You have done your duty, go find peace.”
[/quote]

:)

[quote]
[/quote]

Waaaaahh :D :) :cry:

[quote]
He stood up and faced the others. “Let’s go,” he said coldly. His eyes remained distant from the scene as they hid the bodies until they could come back and properly bury them. Somewhere deep inside, a hideous voice began to laugh.[/quote]

can't they ressurect him.

#6 Guest_Bibbi_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:48 PM

Quote:

Hehe, it's Edwina... and she's pretty cranky.

and she has good reason, even if it's her own fault. not that her mood is going to improve the encounter...

Quote:

Ooooooh, that's mean, Jaheira!

i see great comic potential between the two, but alas, it wasn't meant to be :cry:

Quote:

I hope that falling cow dropped on Elminster's head.

not a bad idea...

Quote:

Quote:

You tell him, Jae! Kick that slimeball, where it hurts most!

one of my least favorite npcs from BG1. too bad, since bards are one of my favorite classes

Quote:

Hey... now that was really bad... I love Skie and Garrick was a decent guy too. Now I really want to see Eldoth being killed really painfully... like a sharpened stake protruded through his a*** so that it comes out through is mouth together with all his innards... (yes, that should suffice )

:D :) he'll get what's coming to him, don't worry.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL! I think he learned this leasson a touch too late. Wonderful, you have amassed all the disgusting creeps of BG1 in one bunch (though I still love Eddie, no matter how mean he is ) - that should make this a very tough fight for Tybalt and Co.

this group may prove more annoying than deadly, though they aren't without a bite...still, they provide comic relief up to a point. and it was just too much temptation to leave them out and provide generic mercenaries

Quote:

Eh, Eddie, you got what you wanted now get out of there... never mind your lackeys, let them die.

basically his thoughts, though he's insightful enough to realize they will be of later use to him; he does have plans after this, you know :)

Quote:

No killing Eldoth??? That's unjust... please say you'll get him!

wait for it...

Quote:

Argh... that bastard... revive Eldoth, torture him and kill him painfully...

there we go! :) yay, the bad man's dead! o wait, not the happiest thing, but still...at least minsc got his vengeance. and if you like, you can imagine the death was as painful as you wish :cry:

Quote:

Quote:

Whoa! If you know how to save him, brat, then speak up, but don't yell at Jaheira.

stress time for everyone, even the nice ones. this is going to put some strain on the group, i think :lol:

Quote:

Awww.

i was going to have boo go with them but i realized he wouldn't want to leave his ranger companion, he's too loyal :D

Quote:

Quote:

Aww, that's really sad. But I tend to agree with your arguments - I find him a bit one-dimensional myself. True, many of us here have managed to give more debth to him, but still... he's a bit shallow. I never wrote him myself, probably never will - Edwin polymorphed him and Dyna into squirrels in my story...

yeah, and i think he gets old to read or write after a while. and in this story, there ain't no easy or peaceful way out! :)

thanks for reading

#7 Guest_Bibbi_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:40 PM

[quote]Quote:

I have a feeling that they will get that very soon. [/quote]

some, yes. the offending archer, yes. but expect to see some of these guys again. they're like a bad rash, they just won't leave :D

[quote]Quote:

I thought that it sounded wonderful. [/quote]

eddie's trying to adjust to being a woman and is finding a woman's point of view is taking over, much to his dismay. i think turning into a woman was one of the best ways to REALLY tick him off; i don't know if the game meant for the nether scroll to turn anyone into a woman or simply transform the reader into something they would hate to be. this is why i let xan have a go as a dwraf for a while :cry:

[quote]Quote:

Grinding a knife in an open wound. [/quote]

something jaheira's good at hehe :D

[quote][quote]
“That scroll cost me my manhood!” the red robed woman continued in agony. “And it tampered with my magic! Now I don’t know whether the fireball I cast will work or if it will turn into a falling cow! (That only happened once, thank the Gods.)

cowkill! [/quote]

one of the funnier easter eggs of the game. and part of what makes wild mages so much fun! you can bet this'll come into play later on! :)

[quote]Quote:

That sounds like an interesting story. [/quote]

our favorite red wizard can get himself into some serious- and quirky- scrapes. no doubt his heightened temper only makes the situations worse

[quote]Quote:

He killed garrick! that bastard. [/quote]

yes, while eldoth might be a better bard, i liked garrick a whole lot more. eldoth was too creepy and slimy for my taste, i can't imagine how skie even thought she could like him.

[quote]Quote:

Sounds like her.

Quote:

Quote:

Details, details. [/quote]

meh. it's the minor things in life which catch up to us eventually :lol: and to shar-teel this would definately be something below notice

[quote]Quote:

Kill edwin, kill edwin, YES! YES! [/quote]

heheh. while i really do like edwin in the games (at least the second one) i wanted to put a spin on the more popular version floating around on the attic and have him live up to his LE alignment and be truly EVIL. while he may still have humor, he's more deadly and less likely to be lenient if given a chance. he has that possibility in the games, but since he's following charname he doesn't have many options.

[quote]Quote:

He's been turned into a wild mage? [/quote]

interesting side effect of tampering with unknown magic. and should bring some amusement later on, or at least some annoyance :)

[quote]Quote:

Waaaaahh [/quote]

still sad even though (imho) neccessary. minsc was a good friend, one who would stand by you till the end. i like to think that he'll be happier wherever he ends up, though, since his life after meeting the bhaalspawn couldn't have been the best.

[quote]Quote:

He stood up and faced the others. “Let’s go,” he said coldly. His eyes remained distant from the scene as they hid the bodies until they could come back and properly bury them. Somewhere deep inside, a hideous voice began to laugh.

can't they ressurect him.[/quote]

nah, in this version, raising the dead isn't as easy as donating to a powerful church and getting a spell. it takes something really special to bring life back, which makes dying more serious than in the game (with aerie wondering to jaheira why they can't just get raised all the time and quit worrying). to me, this makes the story more realistic.

anyway, thanks for reading! next chapter shouldn't be such a downer :cry:

#8 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:53 PM

[quote]
[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
cowkill! [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
one of the funnier easter eggs of the game. and part of what makes wild mages so much fun! you can bet this'll come into play later on! :)
[/quote]

There actually is a cowkill spell? I thought that that was just a joke! How does it work?

[quote]
Kill edwin, kill edwin, YES! YES! [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
heheh. while i really do like edwin in the games (at least the second one) i wanted to put a spin on the more popular version floating around on the attic and have him live up to his LE alignment and be truly EVIL. while he may still have humor, he's more deadly and less likely to be lenient if given a chance. he has that possibility in the games, but since he's following charname he doesn't have many options.
[/quote]

Just mash him into the ground.

[quote]
Waaaaahh [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
still sad even though (imho) neccessary. minsc was a good friend, one who would stand by you till the end. i like to think that he'll be happier wherever he ends up, though, since his life after meeting the bhaalspawn couldn't have been the best.
[/quote]

A sad, sad moment.

[quote]
nah, in this version, raising the dead isn't as easy as donating to a powerful church and getting a spell. it takes something really special to bring life back, which makes dying more serious than in the game (with aerie wondering to jaheira why they can't just get raised all the time and quit worrying). to me, this makes the story more realistic.
[/quote]

Ok.

#9 Guest_Bibbi_*

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:00 AM

[quote]Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

cowkill!

Quote:

one of the funnier easter eggs of the game. and part of what makes wild mages so much fun! you can bet this'll come into play later on!

There actually is a cowkill spell? I thought that that was just a joke! How does it work? [/quote]

let's see how many quotes we can quote! :) yeah, there is a spell animation where a cow falls from the sky and does damage to a target- i think it's a wild magic surge you might randomly get, and you can also edit the spell into your spellbook, though i don't think there's any real way of using it in the game except for wild magic. pretty funny, and decent in battle!

[quote]Quote:

Kill edwin, kill edwin, YES! YES!

Quote:

Just mash him into the ground. [/quote]

should i assume you don't like edwin or just this version of him? i kind of enjoy him here as the remorseless villain who plagues the party from time to time; he's not all powerful like jon, but a more equal foe who is more approachable and accessible. and when it comes down to it, poor eddie'll be mashed all right, though whether by his own failed schemes or the group, we'll have to see...

[quote]Quote:

Waaaaahh

[/quote]

Quote:

A sad, sad moment. [/quote]

:D i feel kind of guilty killing him off...but life goes on, and there'll be someone else coming in soon (which i know everyone dreads :cry: )

[quote]Quote:

Ok.[/quote]

there will of course be some exceptions to this, but don't expect dead people to be walking the streets, here. no rods of resurrection or anything. if i don't want a character dead, they're not going to accidentaly make some stupid mistake and misfire a spell to hurt themselves. we'll assume that power word: reload has come into play until we get the surviving, accurate version of the story :)

#10 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:46 AM

[quote]
let's see how many quotes we can quote! :P yeah, there is a spell animation where a cow falls from the sky and does damage to a target- i think it's a wild magic surge you might randomly get, and you can also edit the spell into your spellbook, though i don't think there's any real way of using it in the game except for wild magic. pretty funny, and decent in battle!
[/quote]

Hilarious. ;)

[quote]
Just mash him into the ground. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
should i assume you don't like edwin or just this version of him? i kind of enjoy him here as the remorseless villain who plagues the party from time to time; he's not all powerful like jon, but a more equal foe who is more approachable and accessible. and when it comes down to it, poor eddie'll be mashed all right, though whether by his own failed schemes or the group, we'll have to see...
[/quote]

i just want to see edwin decked, oh yes, nothing to do with your version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com