Of Sorcery and Ale: Chapter 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Deathmage_*

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:32 PM

Hmm...never thought I'd have posted what I've written up in one day. Was going for those reserved approach...ah, well. As Kita puts it so aptly, "What the hell".

I realize there's a big chunk in the middle, but that's can't really be seperated.

---------------
--Chapter Ten--
--Betrayal and stuff--

Yoshimo was awake.
It was around midnight, and he was sure everyone was asleep. He drew his magical katana from its sheathe on the table. He haven't been planning to sleep tonight, but he must have dozed off. He donned his armor, and took a few tranquilizer darts with him. He may need it.
Quietly as a cat, he crept to Kita's room, and pressed his ears on the door. Kita was snoring gently, and Yoshimo opened the door carefully, and drew his katana.

Kita was still asleep as he crept towards her bed, ever so carefully.
Still as quiet as ever, Yoshimo took out a tranquilizer dart and poked Kita with it. Now, he was sure she would be asleep for a while. He wrapped Kita up in her blanket, and had intended to carry her into the library...before he stood on something and slipped over, taking Kita with him. Unfortunatly for Yoshimo, he crashed into a bookcase, and books started to fell from it, and several hit Kita, who woke up, very surprised at the situation.
Yoshimo swore a Kara-Turan word as he jumped up from the bookshelf, his mind racing on how to explain this..before Kita punched him full, on the nose. He staggered back, and somersaulted into the air, and hit the desk on his way down. Swearing again, he still raced out of the room, encountering a very surprised Kyron.

Yoshimo took a few slashes at the pyjamed sorcerer, and then raced forward down the hallway, and leapt out of the window.
It was two stories high.
Yoshimo was lucky, and landed on a bush which more or less broke his fall. Nonetheless, his legs still hurted like hell as he ran towards the stables, jumped on a horse, and galloped back to Athkatla to inform his contact.
"Well, that was random." Kyron noted, staring out from the window Yoshimo leapt off.

"So Yoshimo wanted to kidnap me, it seems." Kita concluded from their discussion. They were in Nalia's room because Kita wanted to annoy Nalia. It was the next morning, and Korgan's calmed down, because Jan has found the lid for his decanter: it turned out to be the thing Yoshimo had stepped on initially. The gnome's now outside, getting a tan, and calling orders to Korgan and his soldiers from his seat on the walls. This was Korgan's first day at being a leader, and he was inspring the soldiers with a speech about money, ales, killing and women. Right now, he's talking about how bearded women is supreior to any other, much to the soldier's disguist.

Back in the keep...
"My Lord!" a man said, interrupting their conversation. "Lady." he said, bowing to Nalia slightly, who nodded. "There is a merchant who wishes to see you, my Lord."
"Alright, send him in." Kyron said, and the three of them followed the man, who is Major Domo, down the stairs. Major Domo was a man in his thirties, and was recommended by Nalia. He seems rather capable, and has already dealed with all the land issues and paperwork Kyron had been too lazy to do himself. However, as Kita pointed out, his favourite suit seems to be...pink.

In the courtroom stood indeed a merchant, who looked rather angry.
"You! You there! Are you the one who has replaced Lord de'Arnise in this land?! I demand immediate restitution for this... this outrage!" the merchant cried upon seeing Kyron.
"Mister Bendalia, please!" Major Domo said. "Now, I suggest you calm yourself and explain to Lord Kyron what is wrong."
"Pfaw! As if you did not know!" the merchant continued. "I am well aware that this land was overrun by those filthsome trolls... but that business is now over with and done!"
"Indeed, it is." Kyron said carefully.
"Well, bandits have invaded the passes in the southern reaches of your land! Bandits! I have had my caravans traveling through this area for the past ten years and I have never heard of bandits here!"
"Bandits?! Really?!" Nalia said, from behind Kyron.
"Of course, am I a liar?! You're responsible for the safety of this area...these fiends burned my caravan and took all my goods! I demand restitution, and a guarantee that these bandits will be eliminated as soon as possible! If you do not...if you ignore me, I swear that not only shall I not travel through these lands again, but that I shall foreclose on every farmhold I hold a debt for! I swear I shall!!"
"Calm down, please!" Kyron said. "How much are your goods?"
"I'd say about 1000GP." Bendalia said angrily. "I demand to be payed that amount!"
Kyron turned around and conversed with Major Domo and Nalia for a while, then spun back around.
"Fine, I'll pay you." he said, then counted out 1000GP and paid Bendalia, who looked quite a bit calmer. "And the bandits?"
"I'll deal with that-Kita, could you go fetch Korgan?"
"Ooh, bossing me about, is it?" Kita said, but still went and fetched CAPTAIN Korgan. The dwarf stood besides Kyron. "What is it?!" he demanded.
"There's bandits in this area, Korgan." Kyron told him. "Mister Bendalia, where exactly are those bandits?"
"To the south west." the merchant admitted. "They have several camps."
"An' what does ye want me ta do? Go an' kill 'em all?!" the dwarf asked. "I'm busy right now, trainin' those recruits. Can't even hold a sword properly."
"No, no, here's 500GP..." Kyron gave him that amount. "Could you go and hire some mercenaries? You're bound to know at least some of them."
"Aye, that I can do." the dwarf grunted, took the money, and headed upstairs...Bendalia looked now rather pleased.
"Ah, excellant, my Lord." Bendalia said. "I'll be sure to return here and trade with your people."
"Excellent, then." Kyron said. "Send him out!"

"That was done rather nicely." Nalia told Kyron as the three of them headed outside to sit around and develop a tan.
"I do my best." Kyron admitted.
"Well, hey there, Kyles, Nali, Kit." Jan greeted them with their pet names. "So I heard that Bonvolio guy was taken care of? Seemed to be rather angry when he walked in, didn't even answer my offer of a turnip."
"I wonder why." Kyron said as they sat down next to him in comfortable chairs.

#2 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:59 PM

[quote]
Yoshimo took a few slashes at the pyjamed sorcerer, and then raced forward down the hallway, and leapt out of the window.
It was two stories high.

YAHOoooooo......

[quote]
Back in the keep...
"My Lord!" a man said, interrupting their conversation. "Lady." he said, bowing to Nalia slightly, who nodded. "There is a merchant who wishes to see you, my Lord."
"Alright, send him in." Kyron said, and the three of them followed the man, who is Major Domo, down the stairs. Major Domo was a man in his thirties, and was recommended by Nalia. He seems rather capable, and has already dealed with all the land issues and paperwork Kyron had been too lazy to do himself. However, as Kita pointed out, his favourite suit seems to be...pink.
[/quote]

Must be ralated to imoen.

please don't post so many chapters at one

#3 Guest_Deathmage_*

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:29 AM

Eheheh, sorry. I guess I forgot my own rule: "Never do anything important past midnight".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com