Unwilling to Acquiesce – Part 38

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:34 AM

Anomen and Jaheira’s ministrations return Nalia to consciousness soon enough. As she regains her bearing, her companions relate what happened with the vampire ambush and the subsequent run in with Samia and her droogs.

“So you’ve just left them in the tomb to starve?” Nalia asks, trying to comprehend Samia’s fate.

“It’s not that bad,” explains Yoshimo with a smile. “There was no effective way to keep the tomb closed. A couple of good heaves and they’ll have the door open in no time.” Nalia nods, but is still thoughtful.

“Do not worry yourself for them,” urges Jaheira. Nalia shrugs and then takes her bow from Anomen’s outstretched hand.

Adamant reappears from around a bend in the corridor, moving slowly so as to not make too much noise, though he is by no means quiet. He smiles when he sees Nalia awake and standing. “I think you were right, Yoshimo,” he says quietly. “It certainly looks like there’s cells in that chamber. A regular dungeon, as nearly as I can tell.”

“Did you see the little girl?” asks Anomen. Adamant shakes his head.

“I couldn’t make out any prisoners in the cells, but there were noises and signs of movement from what I’m guessing are the guards.”

“So, the next question is, how do we do this?” asks Jaheira, summarising the thoughts of all.

“Shock and awe?” Anomen suggests with a shrug. Yoshimo and Jaheira nod. Adamant is more thoughtful.

“But with precision,” he adds. “We don’t want to harm prisoners by accident. Too much magic or an ill guided arrow could do as much harm as good.”

“We will all take care, Adamant,” Jaheira says. “Do you not trust us to do so?”

“I meant no slight,” replies Adamant with a grimace. “But a timely warning cannot be too oft repeated.”

“A true saying,” says Anomen, and Nalia also nods, concurring. “Shall we then prepare?”

The companions take time to make themselves ready, several of them drinking potions of power, enhancing their strength. With prayerful care, Adamant stirs the power of his father within him. Nalia invokes spells about herself, her skin becoming like stone and her form cloaked in an illusion that blurs her outline. Yoshimo checks the disposition of the arrows in his quiver and Jaheira uses magic to make her skin like hardwood bark.

When all are prepared, they form their lines and make haste to Firkraag’s prison cells. Foregoing stealth, they rush down the entry passage, the clink of armour echoing from the cut stone walls and ceiling. The flicker of torchlight through the doorway hints at defenders within, as shadows are thrown upon the passage walls. Then Adamant reaches the opening and the inside is laid bare.

The cell block is a long passage, with heavily barred cells down each side. The passage is easily ten feet wide and forty long. At the other end, the passage turns to the left and Adamant can see nothing of what is back there. Torches burn in rude iron sconces on the walls; on the floor near the doorway is a pile of pitch-soaked straw for making more. In the midst of the passage is a large table made of a heavy wood, battered with age and deeply soot-stained. To the left of the table stands a gnoll of heroic proportions, his doglike snout easily of a height with the torches, eight feet from the floor. His black eyes are bloodshot and his nose sniffs the air cautiously. In his hands he hefts a mighty halberd. The poorly kept leather armour on his body creaks with motion as he crouches, ready to receive the attackers.

Adamant charges towards the gnoll, noticing that behind, on the other side of the table, is an ogre hefting a club that looks like a whole small tree freshly torn from the ground. The gnoll swings his halberd at Adamant’s side in a powerful horizontal sweep. Adamant checks the haft with his Chaos Blade and then spins and ducks beneath the tall monster’s reach. He has time to ram his armoured elbow into the gnoll’s matted furry side before pushing forward down the corridor. Behind him he hears the sound of Anomen’s resonant voice as the priest calls his familiar battle cry.

The tree-clubbed ogre stands forth, seemingly ready to crush Adamant in a single blow. From the doorway comes the sound of bowstrings thrumming and the ogre recoils with Yoshimo and Nalia’s shafts protruding from its chest and face. Adamant slashes at the monster’s knee, hoping to sever tendons. The strike sends the ogre down by its force, but the cut is awry and does only superficial damage. Adamant is about to continue his assault when a third monster rounds the corner at the end of the cell block. Covered in heavy plate and of a height with the fallen ogre, the massively thewed newcomer carries a naked two handed sword in every way the twin of Adamant’s own. From within the spike festooned helmet a deep throaty chuckle echoes and Adamant realises the identity of his new opponent; “Tazok!?”

“We meet again, Bhaal-brat!” says Tazok. “So you ended up with your brother’s pig-sticker did ya? Got one them for me’self now!”

----

The enchantment on her club helps guide Jaheira’s strike with great force, cracking the fingers of the gnoll’s right hand and causing it to lose grip of the halberd’s haft. Anomen uses his shield to exploit the opening and then rips the Flail of Ages upward to score heavy strikes against the beast’s jaw. Feeling confident that the monster will soon be finished, Jahiera looks across to the ogre, trying to rise under deadly arrow fire. Then she hears the sound of Tazok’s chuckle.

“Oh no,” she breathes. “Not you monster!”

Unable to get past Anomen and his opponent and unwilling to risk coming between the two archers and their target, Jaheira is forced to watch as Adamant falls to deadly battle with Tazok the half-ogre, murderous slaver and former lieutenant of Adamant’s fallen brother Sarevok.

Tazok is fully two feet taller than Adamant, so large that he wields his Chaos Blade in hand and a half fashion. He towers over his paladin opponent and the sound of his blows against Adamant’s armour are like the hammer strikes of a smithy at the forge. For all his might though, Tazok is a common brawler, relying on brute force and size to win his battles. Adamant is far more expert, and though the half ogre lays some hits, the young paladin has the measure of his foe.

Both of the Chaos Blades sings its hideous keening, their anarchic magic thrilling in the unbridled conflict. The sound of them is like the screaming of innocents turned into music and the clash of the two blades is a cacophony of war and death. The very air ripples with the alien duet and Jaheira wonders if Adamant will be made deaf by being so near to its source. Fearing for his safety, from the blades as much as from Tazok, Jaheira lays down her shillelagh and draws her sling from her belt. Nocking a carefully chosen stone to the leather cup, she whips the bullet expertly down the corridor. The stone deflects off one of the spikes on Tazok’s helmet. Although the glancing blow does virtually no damage, it provides a telling distraction and, as the half ogre’s guard slips, Adamant punishes him with a combination of fatal cuts. The final blow cracks the gorget of Tazok’s armour and slashes his jugular vein. With gurgling breaths, the man-monster sinks to his knees, his magical sword held limply by his side.

Standing over the dying Tazok, Adamant draws back the Chaos Blade, ready to sever the half ogre’s neck. But the blow does not fall. Instead, with the sounds of battle fading behind him, Adamant simply watches as Tazok’s lifeblood tumbles down his armoured chest. Jaheira and Anomen join him quietly, then Nalia and Yoshimo approach as well.

“You said you’d kill him when you next met,” says Jaheira reflectively. Adamant nods, but does not speak. The quiet moment is disturbed by the sound of a young voice.

“Please, help me.”

#2 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:26 AM

“It’s not that bad,” explains Yoshimo with a smile. “There was no effective way to keep the tomb closed. A couple of good heaves and they’ll have the door open in no time.” Nalia nods, but is still thoughtful.

Hmm, I still think they should have killed them. They've got enough to worry about in this dungeon without having to watch their backs because they left live enemies behind them.

“Did you see the little girl?” asks Anomen. Adamant shakes his head.

:) Hope she's ok.

“Shock and awe?” Anomen suggests with a shrug. Yoshimo and Jaheira nod. Adamant is more thoughtful.

Personally I think you should drop the 'shock and awe' reference - it takes away from the atmosphere of the story to be suddenly reminded of the real world like that.

The cell block is a long passage, with heavily barred cells down each side. The passage is easily ten feet wide and forty long. At the other end, the passage turns to the left and Adamant can see nothing of what is back there. Torches burn in rude iron sconces on the walls; on the floor near the doorway is a pile of pitch-soaked straw for making more. In the midst of the passage is a large table made of a heavy wood, battered with age and deeply soot-stained. To the left of the table stands a gnoll of heroic proportions, his doglike snout easily of a height with the torches, eight feet from the floor. His black eyes are bloodshot and his nose sniffs the air cautiously. In his hands he hefts a mighty halberd. The poorly kept leather armour on his body creaks with motion as he crouches, ready to receive the attackers.

I like the description here :shock:

“You said you’d kill him when you next met,” says Jaheira reflectively. Adamant nods, but does not speak.

He didn't get much choice really anyway, as it turned out.

Nice chapter :)

#3 Guest_argan_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:28 AM

Good chapter :shock:

#4 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:01 AM

Hmm, I still think they should have killed them. They've got enough to worry about in this dungeon without having to watch their backs because they left live enemies behind them.

Yes, and no - after all, Samia and her allies could create trouble for Firkraag's troops as well. And of course summary execution doesn't sit well with a paladin.

Personally I think you should drop the 'shock and awe' reference - it takes away from the atmosphere of the story to be suddenly reminded of the real world like that.

I see your point. I guess that I just like the poetry of the phrase (not its meaning, just the phrase).

I like the description here :shock:

Thank you. :)

“You said you’d kill him when you next met,” says Jaheira reflectively. Adamant nods, but does not speak.

He didn't get much choice really anyway, as it turned out.

Not this time.

Nice chapter :)

Thanks. :)

#5 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:03 AM

Good chapter :shock:

Thank you. :)

#6 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:11 AM

“So you’ve just left them in the tomb to starve?” Nalia asks, trying to comprehend Samia’s fate.

Yep, I had mixed emotions about that decision, myself. :shock:

“But with precision,” he adds. “We don’t want to harm prisoners by accident. Too much magic or an ill guided arrow could do as much harm as good.”

“I meant no slight,” replies Adamant with a grimace. “But a timely warning cannot be too oft repeated.”

This was a pretty amusing exchange - actually it seems as though Jaheira and Adamant have switched places with Jaheira being on the receiving end of a friendly advice... Usually it's her doing the admonishing :)

Lovely descriptions, but if you wanted to make that gnoll seem ferocious and intimidating - you failed... after all, it is only a gnoll...

The tree-clubbed ogre stands forth, seemingly ready to crush Adamant in a single blow. From the doorway comes the sound of bowstrings thrumming and the ogre recoils with Yoshimo and Nalia’s shafts protruding from its chest and face. Adamant slashes at the monster’s knee, hoping to sever tendons. The strike sends the ogre down by its force, but the cut is awry and does only superficial damage. Adamant is about to continue his assault when a third monster rounds the corner at the end of the cell block. Covered in heavy plate and of a height with the fallen ogre, the massively thewed newcomer carries a naked two handed sword in every way the twin of Adamant’s own. From within the spike festooned helmet a deep throaty chuckle echoes and Adamant realises the identity of his new opponent; “Tazok!?”

“We meet again, Bhaal-brat!” says Tazok. “So you ended up with your brother’s pig-sticker did ya? Got one them for me’self now!”

I still think that Taz would have made a fine joinable NPC. Ok, not for Adamant's party, but still...

Tazok is fully two feet taller than Adamant, so large that he wields his Chaos Blade in hand and a half fashion. He towers over his paladin opponent and the sound of his blows against Adamant’s armour are like the hammer strikes of a smithy at the forge. For all his might though, Tazok is a common brawler, relying on brute force and size to win his battles. Adamant is far more expert, and though the half ogre lays some hits, the young paladin has the measure of his foe.

Rousing fight stuff, only I have the impression that while everyone is engaged in fighting, Jaheira is standing around and looking at how Adamant and Tazok are tossing it out.

Both of the Chaos Blades sings its hideous keening, their anarchic magic thrilling in the unbridled conflict. The sound of them is like the screaming of innocents turned into music and the clash of the two blades is a cacophony of war and death. The very air ripples with the alien duet and Jaheira wonders if Adamant will be made deaf by being so near to its source. Fearing for his safety, from the blades as much as from Tazok, Jaheira lays down her shillelagh and draws her sling from her belt. Nocking a carefully chosen stone to the leather cup, she whips the bullet expertly down the corridor. The stone deflects off one of the spikes on Tazok’s helmet. Although the glancing blow does virtually no damage, it provides a telling distraction and, as the half ogre’s guard slips, Adamant punishes him with a combination of fatal cuts. The final blow cracks the gorget of Tazok’s armour and slashes his jugular vein. With gurgling breaths, the man-monster sinks to his knees, his magical sword held limply by his side.

Well, that was nice teamwork. :)

“You said you’d kill him when you next met,” says Jaheira reflectively. Adamant nods, but does not speak. The quiet moment is disturbed by the sound of a young voice.

Eh, I do believe they should just finish him and be done with it. I suppose next part will feature Firk himself? Good!

#7 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 01:16 PM

Adamant reappears from around a bend in the corridor, moving slowly so as to not make too much noise, though he is by no means quiet. He smiles when he sees Nalia awake and standing. “I think you were right, Yoshimo,” he says quietly. “It certainly looks like there’s cells in that chamber. A regular dungeon, as nearly as I can tell.”

And it's well guarded.

“So, the next question is, how do we do this?” asks Jaheira, summarising the thoughts of all.

:shock: :) :) .

Even better.

Yes it can.

Unable to get past Anomen and his opponent and unwilling to risk coming between the two archers and their target, Jaheira is forced to watch as Adamant falls to deadly battle with Tazok the half-ogre, murderous slaver and former lieutenant of Adamant’s fallen brother Sarevok.

You can't keep an evil villain down. :)

He seems pretty dead to me

good story

Hunter

#8 Guest_Broken Phoenix_*

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:01 PM

A couple of good heaves and they’ll have the door open in no time.” Nalia nods, but is still thoughtful.

And if they have any sense left in them they should run for it.

Adamant reappears from around a bend in the corridor, moving slowly so as to not make too much noise, though he is by no means quiet.

A paladin in heavy armor? Trying to sneak? :shock:

“Shock and awe?” Anomen suggests with a shrug.

LOL! Standard Ano tactic, I bet :)

From the doorway comes the sound of bowstrings thrumming and the ogre recoils with Yoshimo and Nalia’s shafts protruding from its chest and face.

The only advantage of facing an ogre is that he is well, easy to um, face. Hard to miss anyway.

How the hell did he do that? Is there an online shop for those? :)

Uh-oh. And he has gained much since he was but a bandit leader...

Both of the Chaos Blades sings its hideous keening

their? Not sure though.

Instead, with the sounds of battle fading behind him, Adamant simply watches as Tazok’s lifeblood tumbles down his armoured chest. Jaheira and Anomen join him quietly, then Nalia and Yoshimo approach as well.

I cannot say if that is a good or a bad sign...

The quiet moment is disturbed by the sound of a young voice.

“Please, help me.”

Well, that's why they have come, haven't they...

In private though I keep wondering what would happen if Adamant indeed would meet Sarevok... but that's a different story, I know.
And it's good to see that Jaheira had a part in the battle with Tazok as well-- be it a small one.

Hmmm, now I remember-- I killed him several times, in fact, just for the fun of it and to ensure the bastard stays dead this time. I wonder, would that be the taint of Bhaal? :)

#9 Arcalian

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:32 PM

The Dread Pirate Roberts....

Ah yes, the rematch with Tazok. Well played.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#10 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:34 AM

Yep, I had mixed emotions about that decision, myself. :wink:

Not me. :P But I'm not the characters. When I play I'm afraid I see Samia and her party as just an excellent source of magic items.

This was a pretty amusing exchange - actually it seems as though Jaheira and Adamant have switched places with Jaheira being on the receiving end of a friendly advice... Usually it's her doing the admonishing :)

Jaheira has lost the anchor to her world and is being drawn into an emotional relationship she's not ready for - she's not her usual self. And this is combat, Adamant's forte.

Lovely descriptions, but if you wanted to make that gnoll seem ferocious and intimidating - you failed... after all, it is only a gnoll...

I was looking for ugly and repugnant, actually. And maybe it's just me, but this fight in the game always does way more damage than I'd like.

I still think that Taz would have made a fine joinable NPC. Ok, not for Adamant's party, but still...

No, perhaps not for Adamant's party - but it is an excellent idea! :shock:

Rousing fight stuff, only I have the impression that while everyone is engaged in fighting, Jaheira is standing around and looking at how Adamant and Tazok are tossing it out.

She is towards the end, but that's only about thirty seconds worth of combat.

The stone deflects off one of the spikes on Tazok’s helmet. Although the glancing blow does virtually no damage, it provides a telling distraction and, as the half ogre’s guard slips, Adamant punishes him with a combination of fatal cuts. The final blow cracks the gorget of Tazok’s armour and slashes his jugular vein. With gurgling breaths, the man-monster sinks to his knees, his magical sword held limply by his side.

Well, that was nice teamwork. :D

The only way to play :)

Eh, I do believe they should just finish him and be done with it. I suppose next part will feature Firk himself? Good!

He's dying, overkill is not in Adamant's character (that's his daddy's portfolio). And yes, next comes Lord Jierdan (the first time).

#11 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:37 AM

And it's well guarded.

Indeed.

:wink: :) :) .

I'm glad you liked it.

Yes it can.

:shrug: Not everyone like truisms.

You can't keep an evil villain down. :D

Well not easily at any rate. :P

He seems pretty dead to me

Finally.

good story
Hunter

#12 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:44 AM

A couple of good heaves and they’ll have the door open in no time.” Nalia nods, but is still thoughtful.

And if they have any sense left in them they should run for it.

Yes, it's about time for a bit of sense on Samia's part.

Adamant reappears from around a bend in the corridor, moving slowly so as to not make too much noise, though he is by no means quiet.

A paladin in heavy armor? Trying to sneak? :wink:

No one said he was any good! :)

“Shock and awe?” Anomen suggests with a shrug.

LOL! Standard Ano tactic, I bet :shock:

If only the enemy would just lie down and die. :shock:

From the doorway comes the sound of bowstrings thrumming and the ogre recoils with Yoshimo and Nalia’s shafts protruding from its chest and face.

The only advantage of facing an ogre is that he is well, easy to um, face. Hard to miss anyway.

'Side of a barn' style target!

How the hell did he do that? Is there an online shop for those? :shock:

"Evilmagicblades R Us"? - I've no idea how he gets one, he's just got it.

Uh-oh. And he has gained much since he was but a bandit leader...

And he's about to lose it all.

Both of the Chaos Blades sings its hideous keening

their? Not sure though.

Quite correct - shoddy grammar on my part.

The quiet moment is disturbed by the sound of a young voice.

“Please, help me.”

Well, that's why they have come, haven't they...

Finally - who knew this side quest would take so long? :)

In private though I keep wondering what would happen if Adamant indeed would meet Sarevok... but that's a different story, I know.
And it's good to see that Jaheira had a part in the battle with Tazok as well-- be it a small one.

Adamant and Sarevok may happen, if I persist with UtA long enough to get there.

Hmmm, now I remember-- I killed him several times, in fact, just for the fun of it and to ensure the bastard stays dead this time. I wonder, would that be the taint of Bhaal? :P

Dead is dead - this time we made sure (of course I was pretty sure at teh end of BGI as well :D ). Anyhoo - on to the dragon.

Thanks for commenting :shock:

#13 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:46 AM

The Dread Pirate Roberts....

"To the death!"

"No! To the pain!"

Ah yes, the rematch with Tazok. Well played.

Why thank you. :wink:

#14 Laufey

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:00 AM

Good point. This is a bit like Mae'Var's guild, where you can easily kill that poor prisoner by mistake.

The companions take time to make themselves ready, several of them drinking potions of power, enhancing their strength. With prayerful care, Adamant stirs the power of his father within him. Nalia invokes spells about herself, her skin becoming like stone and her form cloaked in an illusion that blurs her outline. Yoshimo checks the disposition of the arrows in his quiver and Jaheira uses magic to make her skin like hardwood bark.

Liked the description of careful preparation here, showing that the battle will be a hard one.

Another good descriptive passage here, I can almost smell that thing.

Nice battle scene, and I liked the symmetry of Tazok having a Chaos Blade of his own.

“Please, help me.”

Time to rescue the girl...and then Firkraag. I wonder if they'll fight the dragon now or come back for him later...
Rogues do it from behind.

#15 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:25 AM

Good point. This is a bit like Mae'Var's guild, where you can easily kill that poor prisoner by mistake.

Oy :roll: One misplaced fireball and they never let you forget it! :wink:

Liked the description of careful preparation here, showing that the battle will be a hard one.

Another good descriptive passage here, I can almost smell that thing.

That's good, I was aiming for nasty and repulsive. If Wizards picks up my Maiden of Pain manuscript you'll get to see my more noble version of a gnoll.

Nice battle scene, and I liked the symmetry of Tazok having a Chaos Blade of his own.

When I play the game that's what he's got - maybe it's from The Darkest Day mod.

“Please, help me.”

Time to rescue the girl...and then Firkraag. I wonder if they'll fight the dragon now or come back for him later...

Oh yes, this isn't the final showdown just yet. More like "Firkraag - the Prologue"

Thanks for commenting. :cry:

#16 Guest_Rose of Jericho_*

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:57 PM

Anomen and Jaheira’s ministrations return Nalia to consciousness soon enough. As she regains her bearing, her companions relate what happened with the vampire ambush and the subsequent run in with Samia and her droogs.

What's a droog? :shock: Is it like a goon?

It seems to me that giving them a clear means of escape just means that you're going to have to deal with them later. I understand why Adamant wouldn't just kill them, being a good guy and all. But I wonder what alignment "entirely practical and efficient" falls under, because it would be practical and save time later just to kill those folks now ...

Nooooooooooo! Not shock and awe!! *groan* How quick did that phrase become overused?

Adamant charges towards the gnoll, noticing that behind, on the other side of the table, is an ogre hefting a club that looks like a whole small tree freshly torn from the ground. The gnoll swings his halberd at Adamant’s side in a powerful horizontal sweep. Adamant checks the haft with his Chaos Blade and then spins and ducks beneath the tall monster’s reach. He has time to ram his armoured elbow into the gnoll’s matted furry side before pushing forward down the corridor. Behind him he hears the sound of Anomen’s resonant voice as the priest calls his familiar battle cry.

For Honor and Glory!!! :D Good description of the battle, especially Anomen's "familiar" battle cry. If you had actually written it, it might have been cheesy, whereas here you're drawing on the reader's familiarity to supply it.

Man, I'd like to see the DC on that move -- she *must* have taken the precise shot feat ... :) Seriously, though, that was nicely told.

Great installment!

Rose of Jericho

#17 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:49 AM

What's a droog? :) Is it like a goon?

Droog is what ALex DeLarge calls his followers in "A Clockwork Orange". It's derived from a Russian term (I don't know the exact root) and yes it is essentially interchangeable with goon.

It seems to me that giving them a clear means of escape just means that you're going to have to deal with them later. I understand why Adamant wouldn't just kill them, being a good guy and all. But I wonder what alignment "entirely practical and efficient" falls under, because it would be practical and save time later just to kill those folks now ...

Pure pragmatism would have to be - IMHO - True Neutral. Someone may have to deal with Samia et al later, but Adamant figures that it probably won't be his group. Samia is lucky to be a live and might just take that as a salient lesson - she might "seek life elsewhere". It's an honourable hope.

Nooooooooooo! Not shock and awe!! *groan* How quick did that phrase become overused?

You're not the first to object. :)

For Honor and Glory!!! :) Good description of the battle, especially Anomen's "familiar" battle cry. If you had actually written it, it might have been cheesy, whereas here you're drawing on the reader's familiarity to supply it.

Why thank you! :)

Man, I'd like to see the DC on that move -- she *must* have taken the precise shot feat ... :) Seriously, though, that was nicely told.

Hey, it's just a confirmed critical - eeeeaaasy! :)

Great installment!

Rose of Jericho

Thanks for commenting! :D

#18 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:26 AM

What's a droog? :twisted: Is it like a goon?

Droog is what ALex DeLarge calls his followers in "A Clockwork Orange". It's derived from a Russian term (I don't know the exact root) and yes it is essentially interchangeable with goon.

The exact Russian term from which the word is derived means simply - friend :twisted:

#19 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:29 AM

Droog is what Alex DeLarge calls his followers in "A Clockwork Orange". It's derived from a Russian term (I don't know the exact root) and yes it is essentially interchangeable with goon.

The exact Russian term from which the word is derived means simply - friend :twisted:

Thanks. Once you get past dasvedanya and tovarisch, my knowledge of Russian dries right up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com