BG/O - The Cliff Notes - Ch 11-20

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:14 AM

Not classical at least, but could be an interesting character. For example, Tenebrous wrote a very good story about a paladin who was multiclass rogue.

Yeah, I've been reading ATG, and saw the backstab (and the grandmasteries!) on the char sheet he posted a looong time ago. Not sure if he's used it yet.

But Ajantis and throwing daggers. No. :wink:

It shows...I'm playing a game right now where I have both Keldorn and Viconia. That little uncertainty on whether he'll suddenly decide to cut her head off really adds a certain something.

Is it random, or does it always happen?

Well, there are two 'warning' dialogues first, and I've triggered those with Ctrl-I. After that, it seems that if I use Ctrl-I it always happens, but it has only happened once without it. So yes, I think it's random, and that the high Char of my paladin is keeping it from happening naturally. I almost always have high Char, since I like having mixed alignment parties and don't want my NPC:s killing each other.

heehee

Wand of Fireball. You'll hardly need anything else, except for Haste and some Magic Missiles.

Oooh yeah. Even with Dynaheir, I did most of her spellcasting from wands. All the best L4-5 spells are enchantment, summoning *grumble*

That's why Eddie is supreme. :roll: Well actually, it's also a matter of him being the cutest. :cry:

Yeah..once you've been through the game once, you don't need to ID most stuff. And that's the only important divination spell in BG1, so he has de facto the best specialization. And normally I prefer DEX to CON, but for mages, those HP are so precious. For my current Evil party, Kagain gets the DEX gauntlets, Ed stays the hells away from anything unless casting anyway (gotta love his 20+ ranged THAC0 before L6...), and Jade, Monty, Shar-Teel, and Viconia have DEX 17+.

Then there's his amulet, but with the metaspell amulet and the rings of wizardry that gets others up to 12 L1 slots anyway, it matters not so much...but still, it's a plus.

#22 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 01 August 2003 - 06:20 AM

The US gov't is criticized by its own citizens (and others) for spending too much money on the War on Drugs while other crime rates, such as homicide, remain high (although, despite a popular misconception, Europe is higher for thievery). Of course, much of other crimes are drug-related, but....most people here, regardless of opinions on drug use, agree the Drug War is being done ineffectively.

I don't know about the drug traffic, but you're probably right that thievery is more common in europe. At least in this country that's probably due to a situation that is similar in some ways to the american one. Petty thievery is not prioritized very high by the government or the police, but crimes that physically hurt people is. Hence almost 95% of all killers are caught, but theives who plunder your home have almost free hunting grounds here.

Gladiators, we salute you!

No! Not that show

Ok. I'm not up on the details of intra-European rivalries, but some states here have the same thing....mostly centered around either politics or football.

The grass is always greener...

It means that diamonds are unstable on the surface. But unable to change into a more stable form.

Interesting. I'm surprised to hear they're unstable, since they're so damn hard, and 'are forever'.

It's an old joke among geologists.When on the surface, diamonds vill eventually turn into worthless graphite. It's also quite ironic that diamonds can be crushed by using a coomon hand-held hammer.

#23 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:11 AM

The US gov't is criticized by its own citizens (and others) for spending too much money on the War on Drugs while other crime rates, such as homicide, remain high (although, despite a popular misconception, Europe is higher for thievery). Of course, much of other crimes are drug-related, but....most people here, regardless of opinions on drug use, agree the Drug War is being done ineffectively.

I don't know about the drug traffic, but you're probably right that thievery is more common in europe. At least in this country that's probably due to a situation that is similar in some ways to the american one. Petty thievery is not prioritized very high by the government or the police, but crimes that physically hurt people is. Hence almost 95% of all killers are caught, but theives who plunder your home have almost free hunting grounds here.

Sounds like here. Except our murder-capture rate is probably still not very good.

Gladiators, we salute you!

No! Not that show

Ok. I'm not up on the details of intra-European rivalries, but some states here have the same thing....mostly centered around either politics or football.

The grass is always greener...

It means that diamonds are unstable on the surface. But unable to change into a more stable form.

Interesting. I'm surprised to hear they're unstable, since they're so damn hard, and 'are forever'.

It's an old joke among geologists.When on the surface, diamonds vill eventually turn into worthless graphite. It's also quite ironic that diamonds can be crushed by using a coomon hand-held hammer.

LOL!! I guess they're NOT forever then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com