The Nether Scroll Disaster: Part 11

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 25 July 2003 - 05:29 PM

I thought that I was never going to get this part done but I managed it in the end. :shock: I'll be back to catch up on commenting later.

The Nether Scroll Disaster: Part 11

After several nights of sleeping alone, the first thing Kane was aware of when he awoke was Edwina in his arms. The wizard’s back was pressed against his chest and her long hair was tickling his cheek. The Bhaalspawn smiled fondly as he let his hand wonder upwards slightly so it brushed against one of her breasts. It felt good to be with his lover again, to be able to hold her, touch her and kiss her, even if it was a little strange now that she was a woman.

They had spent a lot of time kissing and touching before Edwina had relaxed enough to let Kane make love to her. But she had still been very nervous and Kane had had to give her constant reassurance that he loved her as both a male and a female, although he hadn’t minded in the slightest. It had felt rather odd for them both, but it had still been an incredibly loving experience. It didn’t really matter that Edwina was a woman, then being together still felt right.

“Good morning, my love,” he whispered as the wizard stirred in his arms. “Did you sleep well?”

Edwina mumbled something and pressed against him, not opening her eyes. However, she did bring her hand up to cover Kane’s, which was still resting on her chest. There was silence for a while, before Edwina finally spoke.

“Kane?” she asked quietly, turning slightly so she could look at him. “I’ve been thinking recently and I wondered…do you ever think about the future?”

“Not really,” her lover said finally. “Sometimes briefly, but as a Bhaalspawn and an adventurer, thinking about the future seems rather pointless. Tomorrow I could die, I don’t know. And then of course sooner or later the time will come for me to take my father’s place and then the future will be irrelevant anyway. I prefer to take things as they come…but I do hope that we’ll be together until the end, whenever the end may be. It might sound stupid, but I can’t imagine being without you now.”

“Neither can I,” Edwina gently squeezed his fingers. “But I am sure we’ll be fine. After all, I don’t plan to let you go that easily.”

“I should hope not!” Kane laughed lightly and kissed her shoulder. “After everything we’ve been through together, I’d be rather upset if you just gave up on me.”

“It would never happen,” the wizard promised. “We may not be too good at this relationship business, but we’ve been apart before and things have always worked out for us in the end. I suppose you’re right, we should just enjoy the time we’ve got together.” She turned her head and gave him a quick kiss. “But just imagine that we are definitely going to have years together, how would you want things to turn out in the end?”

“When you put it like that…” Kane kissed her nose and then brushed his mouth against hers. “When everything is over, with Irenicus, I would really like us to take a trip to Thay, just for a very brief visit so I could see your homeland. And I’d like…like to meet your parents…”

“You would?” Edwina sounded surprised and Kane could understand why. He was a little shocked that he’d said it too, but he really had meant it. It was something that he’d been thinking a lot about in the past few days and, although he was unsure if it would ever happen, if the chance came up it was something he wanted to do for his lover.

“I’d like to meet your parents,” he repeated, “even if it is just so I can stand in front of them and tell them exactly how much I love you and that I won’t ever let them come between us. I’d still want to travel a bit, adventuring is in my blood after all, but maybe not quite as much. It might be nice to stay in one place for while, somewhere small like Beregost or Imnesvale.”

“That sounds perfect,” she agreed, turning over completely so that they were face to face, wanting to be even closer to him. Kane seemed to sense what she wanted and tightened his hold on her, pulling her against his chest. His grip was firm, but pleasantly so, and Edwina allowed him to give her one more kiss before resting her head against her shoulder and closing her eyes. “We’ll have to get a tower somewhere, because all powerful wizards have towers. I’ll have my own body back by then, we will both be even more powerful than we are now and everyone will fear us. There will be no more of these irritating peasants asking us to run petty errands for them, we will be able to do whatever we want.”

“Sounds wonderful,” Kane whispered. “I hope things really do turn out that way. I’d want Benny to stay with us though, not that he’d leave even if we ordered him to. And while we’re talking about the future, I really hope that I’ll have the chance to be reunited with Imoen one day too…”

“Imoen?” Edwina asked, suddenly tense. “Who is Imoen?”

“Don’t go getting all upset on me,” the warrior warned him. “Have I never told you about Imoen? She’s my younger sister, we both have Bhaal as a father.”

“I don’t think you’ve mentioned her before,” the wizard couldn’t help but feel a little hurt. There was still so much about Kane’s past that she wanted to know and yet he wouldn’t tell her. “Maybe briefly, but I don’t recall…” she trailed off and shook her head. “Why not?”

“I don’t like talking about her,” Kane admitted. “The same reason I don’t like talking about Lucie, the memories can be a little too painful. I haven’t seen her for years, not since I left Candlekeep. She was Gorion’s foster daughter, she was training to be a wizard like him and she was a right troublemaker too, always getting into mischief. We…we got on well most of the time, I scared her now and again with my mood swings and she could be annoying cheerful most of time, but I did love her. Gorion and Ulraunt…they wouldn’t let us spend a lot of time together, they said I’d be a bad influence on her because of my background, but we still managed to spend time together. We were close but I…I ruined that all that. I really hurt her in the end…”

“How?” Edwina asked gently, noticing that his lover was beginning to sound upset. “What happened? Will you tell me?”

“She was really worried that I was going to leave Candlekeep, leave her alone,” the warrior explained, after taking a moment to calm himself. “Because I never got on with anyone there apart from her. So when I eventually decided that I had to go, that I couldn’t stand being trapped there any more, she was understandably upset. She wanted to come with me, but I managed to convince her that it wasn’t a good idea just then. But I did swear to her that I’d come back for her as soon as I could. Then I left Candlekeep…and never saw her again. I was too busy travelling, enjoying my freedom again and I didn’t think about her much. She was better off there, with people who cared about her and I’ve always known that. And yet…I made a promise and I broke it, I let her down. Sometimes I wonder if she’s still there, waiting for me and hoping that I’m going to come back or if she thinks I’ve given up on her. She must hate me, and no one could blame her…”

“The life you were leading was not the sort of life you wanted for her,” his lover told him, absently rubbing his back and feeling pleased that he seemed willing to open up a little. “I won’t lie to you, she probably does feel hurt that you didn’t go back, but you did what you thought was best for her. No one can blame you for that.”

“Maybe, maybe not. I do want to see her again though, just to tell her that I’m sorry and I really do care for her…and make sure that she’s all right. That’s the hardest thing, knowing that I have a sister but not knowing exactly where she is or how she’s coping. She was the only one who really understood what it was like to be a Bhaalspawn and she always said that talking to me helped her deal with father. I miss her.”

“When we’ve beaten this Irenicus, we’ll go and find her again,” Edwina promised him. “Maybe she could come and visit my family with us,” she looked up at him and smirked slightly. “We could invite all your other brothers and sisters too. Have one big family reunion.”

“I’m sure that your mother would be thrilled to have so many guests,” Kane couldn’t help but smile at his lover’s words. “Apparently there are many Bhaalspawn out there, although no one but Bhaal really knows how many. The only other one I knew was Sarevok and we always got on well, apart from him wanting to be the next God of Murder of course. I’m sad that I had to kill him, but it had to be done. You were with me then, you saw how he was. He was losing his mind; he was too far gone to be reasoned with. Killing him was the only option. But as far as meeting your parents goes, perhaps we should leave the other Bhaalspawn out of it, it will probably be bad enough with just me, Imoen and Benny. No offence, my love, but I can’t really see us all sitting around playing happy families.”

“Actually, neither can I,” the wizard admitted. “But we could always try, maybe if everyone was willing to give each other a chance…”

“I’d give them a chance because I know how important it is to you.” Kane kissed the top of her head, brushing his cheek against her soft hair. “Although I wouldn’t put up with being insulted…”

“I wouldn’t put up with you being insulted either!” Edwina said at once, reaching for his hand again. “Mother is…she speaks her mind a lot, says exactly what she thinks, and we both know that she most likely won’t think much of you at first. But I’m not going to just stand there and let the man I love be insulted, not even by her.”

Kane pulled away from her embrace a little and tilted her head up so he could kiss her again. “I really do love you, you know,” he told her when they finally drew apart. “It feels strange talking about the future, you know. I’d always accepted that I would probably settle down at some point, but there was never anyone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with until I met you.”

“Mother always wanted me to marry a nice woman and have a lot of children and I always assumed that I would eventually,” Edwina moved her mouth to her lover’s ear, biting it softly in the way she knew that he liked. “But being with you has made me realise that it isn’t what I want. You are all I want.”

“I am…pleased to hear it. Now how about we stop talking about the future for a while and concentrate on now? I think we still have a bit of time before everyone else gets up and I think we should make the most of it.”

“If you are thinking anything like what I’m thinking,” the wizard whispered, just before their mouths meet once again, “I think that’s a wonderful idea.”

Next Part: Back to Athkatla…where Renal asks a favour of Benny and there are one or two nasty surprises in store for the adventurers.

#2 Laufey

Posted 25 July 2003 - 05:41 PM

After several nights of sleeping alone, the first thing Kane was aware of when he awoke was Edwina in his arms. The wizard’s back was pressed against his chest and her long hair was tickling his cheek. The Bhaalspawn smiled fondly as he let his hand wonder upwards slightly so it brushed against one of her breasts. It felt good to be with his lover again, to be able to hold her, touch her and kiss her, even if it was a little strange now that she was a woman.

They had spent a lot of time kissing and touching before Edwina had relaxed enough to let Kane make love to her. But she had still been very nervous and Kane had had to give her constant reassurance that he loved her as both a male and a female, although he hadn’t minded in the slightest. It had felt rather odd for them both, but it had still been an incredibly loving experience. It didn’t really matter that Edwina was a woman, then being together still felt right.

Rini: Awwwww! *dreamy sigh* Yep, she's very, very cuddly, in either gender.

“Not really,” her lover said finally. “Sometimes briefly, but as a Bhaalspawn and an adventurer, thinking about the future seems rather pointless. Tomorrow I could die, I don’t know. And then of course sooner or later the time will come for me to take my father’s place and then the future will be irrelevant anyway. I prefer to take things as they come…but I do hope that we’ll be together until the end, whenever the end may be. It might sound stupid, but I can’t imagine being without you now.”

Nope, doesn't sound stupid at all. :)

“When you put it like that…” Kane kissed her nose and then brushed his mouth against hers. “When everything is over, with Irenicus, I would really like us to take a trip to Thay, just for a very brief visit so I could see your homeland. And I’d like…like to meet your parents…”

He would? :shock: (And this would probably be a bad moment to mention that he already met one of them...)

“That sounds perfect,” she agreed, turning over completely so that they were face to face, wanting to be even closer to him. Kane seemed to sense what she wanted and tightened his hold on her, pulling her against his chest. His grip was firm, but pleasantly so, and Edwina allowed him to give her one more kiss before resting her head against her shoulder and closing her eyes. “We’ll have to get a tower somewhere, because all powerful wizards have towers. I’ll have my own body back by then, we will both be even more powerful than we are now and everyone will fear us. There will be no more of these irritating peasants asking us to run petty errands for them, we will be able to do whatever we want.”

Of course. :)

“Sounds wonderful,” Kane whispered. “I hope things really do turn out that way. I’d want Benny to stay with us though, not that he’d leave even if we ordered him to. And while we’re talking about the future, I really hope that I’ll have the chance to be reunited with Imoen one day too…”

Rini: There we go with the jealousy again...

“Maybe, maybe not. I do want to see her again though, just to tell her that I’m sorry and I really do care for her…and make sure that she’s all right. That’s the hardest thing, knowing that I have a sister but not knowing exactly where she is or how she’s coping. She was the only one who really understood what it was like to be a Bhaalspawn and she always said that talking to me helped her deal with father. I miss her.”

So this Imoen knew all along about her heritage?

“When we’ve beaten this Irenicus, we’ll go and find her again,” Edwina promised him. “Maybe she could come and visit my family with us,” she looked up at him and smirked slightly. “We could invite all your other brothers and sisters too. Have one big family reunion.”

LOL! Now, if this Imoen should follow the example of mine and get a crush on Dekkie, that could get *very* interesting...

“I wouldn’t put up with you being insulted either!” Edwina said at once, reaching for his hand again. “Mother is…she speaks her mind a lot, says exactly what she thinks, and we both know that she most likely won’t think much of you at first. But I’m not going to just stand there and let the man I love be insulted, not even by her.”

That's one word for it. :)

“If you are thinking anything like what I’m thinking,” the wizard whispered, just before their mouths meet once again, “I think that’s a wonderful idea.”

Mmmmmm! :D

Next Part: Back to Athkatla…where Renal asks a favour of Benny and there are one or two nasty surprises in store for the adventurers.

Oh dear...
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 25 July 2003 - 06:03 PM

Scribe: Ain't that sweet... just look at them, how cuddly... Theo, imagine what if Jaheira was to switch gender, would you still be able to love her physically?

Theo: *turns slightly green in the face* Er... uh..... yes... yes, I would.

Scribe: Well, isn't love beautiful?

Theo: You... you aren't planning something like that, are you? Please...

Scribe: If you behave... :)

“Neither can I,” Edwina gently squeezed his fingers. “But I am sure we’ll be fine. After all, I don’t plan to let you go that easily.”

Wouldn't Kane's plans to take over his father's throne scare Edwina?

No... kidding? :twisted:

“I’d like to meet your parents,” he repeated, “even if it is just so I can stand in front of them and tell them exactly how much I love you and that I won’t ever let them come between us. I’d still want to travel a bit, adventuring is in my blood after all, but maybe not quite as much. It might be nice to stay in one place for while, somewhere small like Beregost or Imnesvale.”

I thought Kane preferred larger cities, he grew up in Athkatla dodn't he?

Heh, maybe she's suffering in Spellhold as he speaks...

“She was really worried that I was going to leave Candlekeep, leave her alone,” the warrior explained, after taking a moment to calm himself. “Because I never got on with anyone there apart from her. So when I eventually decided that I had to go, that I couldn’t stand being trapped there any more, she was understandably upset. She wanted to come with me, but I managed to convince her that it wasn’t a good idea just then. But I did swear to her that I’d come back for her as soon as I could. Then I left Candlekeep…and never saw her again. I was too busy travelling, enjoying my freedom again and I didn’t think about her much. She was better off there, with people who cared about her and I’ve always known that. And yet…I made a promise and I broke it, I let her down. Sometimes I wonder if she’s still there, waiting for me and hoping that I’m going to come back or if she thinks I’ve given up on her. She must hate me, and no one could blame her…”

Well, perhaps the chance to make amends will present itself at some point...

“I’d give them a chance because I know how important it is to you.” Kane kissed the top of her head, brushing his cheek against her soft hair. “Although I wouldn’t put up with being insulted…”

Don't think it will be avoidable in presence of Elvira.

“I am…pleased to hear it. Now how about we stop talking about the future for a while and concentrate on now? I think we still have a bit of time before everyone else gets up and I think we should make the most of it.”

Awwww. Enjoy Edwina while it (she?) lasts... but I bet he longs for Edwin, deep inside :twisted:

#4 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 25 July 2003 - 10:53 PM

Awww. I'm sure edwina is still very anxious to change back to her usual self, though.

LOL! I loved that speech - it's very edwin.

Huh? I hadn't even realised immy existed in this reality. Is this the first time she's been mentioned, or am I just being slow?

She's kane's long lost love, eddie, whom he has been secretly yearning after ever since she left him... :)

LOL!

Kane pulled away from her embrace a little and tilted her head up so he could kiss her again. “I really do love you, you know,” he told her when they finally drew apart. “It feels strange talking about the future, you know. I’d always accepted that I would probably settle down at some point, but there was never anyone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with until I met you.”

Aww.

:twisted: Nice to see them happy.

#5 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 26 July 2003 - 12:53 AM

Rini: Awwwww! *dreamy sigh* Yep, she's very, very cuddly, in either gender.

Kane: She certainly is...although it was a little less awkward when she was a man. Her breasts keep getting in the way now...

Nope, doesn't sound stupid at all. :lol:

*grins* Of course not. It's just sweet.

He would? :D (And this would probably be a bad moment to mention that he already met one of them...)

He did mean it, although he would be perfectly happy if it never happened. It would be interesting to see though. And yes, it would be a very bad moment to mention anything to do with Dekaras. But then again, I'm not sure that there will ever be a good moment.

Rini: There we go with the jealousy again...

She can get pretty jealous at times, but then so can Kane when he's got reason to be.

So this Imoen knew all along about her heritage?

Yeah she did.

LOL! Now, if this Imoen should follow the example of mine and get a crush on Dekkie, that could get *very* interesting...

Oh it would certainly be interesting...although it would just give Kane *another* reason to hate Dekkie and I don't think anyone needs that. She could well get a crush on Benny though and Cory is just her kind of guy. We'll see what happens. :lol:

Mmmmmm! ;)

*grins*

Oh dear...

*nods* You could say that. Thanks for commenting. :lol:

Silver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com