The Littlest Bhaalspawn 6

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:02 PM

Hey all. Here’s the next littlest Bhaalspawn. Hope ya like it. I’ll be posting more When Wolves Cry soon, too.

“Where is going?” Karnat asked as they walked down the road.

“Trademeet,” Jaheira replied.

“Is big?” the kobold queried, patting Darkstar on the shoulder. The big cat purred.

“It’s good sized, Karnat, not as big as Athkatla, though,” the druid continued.

“Why going?” he asked, grinning widely when Jaheira looked at him in exasperation.

“They’re having problems with the druids,” the druid replied, ruffling his ears, “Any more questions?”

“Will really be going blind if looks at tin-man’s armor when sun shining?” the kobold continued.

Anomen’s eyes widened and he looked more than a little offended.

“Who told you that?” Jaheira queried, trying and failing to hide a smile.

This elicited an even larger grin from the tiny kobold, “S’ not tellin’.”

She couldn’t help but chuckle as Karnat skipped off toward Viconia. The drow waited until the druid wasn’t looking to give Karnat a good-sized chocolate-chip cookie.

“Tanks, Silly Vic!” the kobold said as he trotted back up to the front of the group.

A few minutes later, it happened.

“Karnat, what do you have?” Jaheira questioned, suspiciously. The kobold looked to either side of him and did the only thing he could think of…stuffed the entire cookie in his mouth.

Karnat grinned at Jaheira, chocolate and crumbs all over his face and teeth, “Th’nuffin, pree laey…”

The first skirmish in Trademeet proved to be…interesting to say the least. By the time they had finished off most of the invading wildlife, the guards had begun to attack both Karnat and Darkstar. This notion was swiftly brought to an end by a hulking Rashemite Berserker who threatened to connect his boot to the guardsmens posteriors. The whole thing started all over again when they realized Jaheira was a druid.

One of the young guardsmen made the mistake of taking a swing at the half-elf.

“Soppit!!!” Karnat shouted, baring all his tiny fangs and whacking the man in the knees with his shortspear, “Karnat not be helping shiny-men so shiny-men be killing pretty lady!”

Several of the guards stopped and looked at the tiny kobold. One, a blonde woman in full-plate, peered down at him curiously. The little gray-furred creature smiled widely and waved at her, “Hi, is Karnat.”

“Nice to meet you, Karnat,” she replied, “I am Arian.”

“A…Arrrr…Arrrriiiaaa…” Karnat sounded out, then stopped, shaking his head, “Nice Ari, be a’right?”

“Yes, that’ll be fine,” the woman replied, smiling.

“Not be hurting Karnat’s friends n’more, right?” the kobold continued, looking nervously to where Jaheira and Khalid were conversing with the captain of the guard.

“No, we won’t hurt them,” Arian answered, ruffling the kobold’s ears and smiling.

“Women,” one of her comrade’s grumbled incredulously.

“What was that, Fareen?” Arian asked, glaring daggers at the human man.

“Is jealous cuz not being cute n’ furry like Karnat,” the kobold said rather cheekily before running across the courtyard and jumping into a fountain. Just for the sheer fun of it, of course. There was all sorts of fun to be had in this place, he thought as he paddled around in the water.

“Karnat?” Jaheira shouted, more than a little worried with the kobold’s absence.

“Is being here, pretty lady,” she looked in the direction of the voice to see a pair of mirthful green eyes and a pair of soggy gray ears above the edge of the fountain, “Got in, now can’t be getting out. Karnat thinks is stuck.”

The druid chuckled and fished the tiny kobold out of the water, wrapping him in a spare cloak to keep him warm.

Karnat fell asleep sprawled out in Jaheira’s lap during the party’s meeting with Lord Corprith. The druid smiled and stroked his fur as he slept, half-listening to Trademeet’s ruler as she did so. When they were done with Lord Corprith, she carried him to the inn and tucked him into bed. He stirred as she headed for the door.

Those tiny green eyes opened a bit, “G’night, pretty lady.”

“Goodnight, Karnat,” Jaheira whispered and exited the room, making her way to her own bedroom.

Karnat woke sometime in the night to find his beloved panther looking at him like it wanted to eat him. Darkstar lashed out a paw, catching the tiny kobold’s muzzle with her wicked claws. Karnat whimpered, but did not cry out, rather, he darted across the room and picked up his shortspear. His green eyes narrowed, his big kitty had never hurt him before. Pretty Lady had used a spell, to stop animals attacking them. Perhaps…perhaps someone else was doing the same. Problems with druids, he recalled.

The tiny kobold strapped his shortspear to his back, still moving slowly. He dropped to all fours, something he rarely did, but he needed the speed at this point. Karnat dashed across the room and out the door, the panther in swift pursuit. They raced through the inn, past Viconia, and out into the night.

Karnat used his sole advantage, his size. He could weave through the brush and the trees more easily than the cat. He didn’t want to hurt it, he loved his cat.

Some time later, the kobold’s breath came hard. He spotted his salvation, a pile of fallen boulders and rocks. Karnat dove, squirming his way into a hollow in the rubble, where the panther could not reach. Not that it didn’t try.

Karnat used his moment of relative peace to rip a piece of cloth from his tunic and wrap it around his paw, which he had cut on the rocks. He waited. Perhaps his cat would stop, come to its senses, like some of the animals Pretty Lady spelled.

Every once in a while, he saw the eerie amber flash that was Darkstar’s eyes.

“Karnat?” the voice rang through the woods. The kobold’s heart constricted with fear as he saw Viconia walking into sight, mace in hand. He saw the panther’s gaze fall on her.

“NO!” the tiny kobold screamed, “Run, Silla VIC!”

She looked at him, crammed in a crevice in the rocks, rather than the shadowy form that emerged from the brush. The cat pounced, claws rending, fangs tearing. It was Viconia’s turn to scream. She tried to fight it, but the cat was determined. Karnat’s blood boiled when he saw the angry red lines on the drow’s face, where the panther had slapped her.

He tore free of his hiding place, spear in hand. Darkstar lowered her muzzle to the drow’s neck, teeth glistening in the moonlight. The panther was intent on the prone dark-elf’s death.

Karnat ran forward, tears in his eyes as he drove his shortspear through the panther’s shoulders. The great cat’s eyes as its mind was restored by some outside force, the pain and anguish reflected in those amber orbs tore the kobold’s heart in half.

Mewling, the panther dragged itself back into the woodlands, leaving the kobold and the drow.

“Silly Vic,” Karnat said, shaking the drow’s shoulders. Her eyes remained closed, her breathing shallow. Blood soaked her tunic where Darkstar had torn into her. The kobold got up, he had passed a group of people earlier, they hadn’t seen him. Silly Vic needed help, he would get it.

Aer’Daeliarran Ruayr sat at the fire with the rest of his fellows. He didn’t fit in, neither did he care. Of the group, he was the only one that had mixed blood. The only elf, among humans. It didn’t bother him overmuch, not even half as bad as the last season he had spent with their ‘order’. The paladins he was with were intent on forming a base in Trademeet, another place to spread the light of the Radiant Heart.

Most of them served one of three deities, Tyr, Torm, or Helm. The Helmites were by far the hardest to get along with. Aer’Daeliarran followed Ilmater, the Broken god. He had found the Crying god close to his heart, though he acknowledged the Seldarine as well.

He knew he was an oddity. An elven ranger with paladine tendencies. But he was true to what he believed, and no one would take him from his path. Ilmater had given him liberties, because he was as close to being a paladin as he was going to get. He tolerated his companions. Though, he had to admit, the never-ending conversations about armor-polish and smiting were getting on his nerves.

Aer’Daeliarran had the typical elvish good looks. His hair was shaggy and blonde, his almond-shaped eyes a light blue. The holy-symbol of Ilmater was tattooed on the back of his neck, a pair of hands bound with red cord. He was slender, but well-muscled for an elf. His armor was elven-cut leather, plate or chain simply didn’t allow for quick enough movement. His blade was also elven, an elaborately made longsword with runes scripted into the side, though he much preferred his longbow in combat.

“Aer’Daeliarran!” one of his fellows shouted, Bartak, that was the human’s name.

“Please, Bartak,” the elf replied, “Call me Daeli. It’s easier to pronounce.”

And it will stop you from butchering my name, He left unsaid.

“Daeli,” Bartak yelled, “Get your beast out of the food supply!”

The elf gave a whistle and his animal companion, Ahyr, came running. Ahyr was a weasel, with bright beady little eyes and chestnut-brown fur. The little creature crawled up his arm and onto his shoulder, where it snapped its teeth dangerously close to his pointed ear.

Daeli pulled a bit of dried meat out of his pack and gave it to the creature, in exchange for keeping his ear intact. The weasel gobbled it down, then looked into the darkness and hissed a warning.

“I see it, Ahyr,” Daeli assured, “Thank you.”

“What is it?!” one of the paladins asked, making as if to prod the creature with his sword. Aer’Daeliarran swatted the blade away, and knelt down before what was obviously a kobold. The little beast looked terrified and was crying, tears running down its furred muzzle.

“Silly Vic be hurt, come be helping, please,” the kobold said, “Karnat begs.”

Karnat pulled on the elven man’s arm.

“Very well, Karnat,” Daeli assented, “Take me to Vic. I will try to help.”

“Are you crazy?” Bartak asked, “It could be a trap.”

“It very well could be,” the elf stated, “But Ahyr trusts the kobold, and I am not so stupid as to ignore my own animal companion.”

He ignored their protests and followed the tiny kobold into the forest.

Soon enough Karnat had led him to a prone form. Daeli drew nearer, finding the person to be a near-dead drow woman.

“Karnat be bringing help, Silly Vic,” the kobold said, “Be alright now.”

Daeli worked quickly, inspecting the numerous wounds. She was far gone. He did the only thing he could, knelt down, placed his hands on the woman’s ebon skin, and prayed. He prayed for what seemed like forever, for what seemed like hours on end, he prayed with all his heart and soul.

Eventually, he was brought back to the world by a sharp pain. His blue eyes snapped open and he saw the dark-elf was healed. The next thing he noticed was the fact that his darling animal companion had its teeth on his ear and was putting slight pressure on it. To an elf, it hurt like hell. The weasel let go when it was sure that its master was back with them, and nuzzled Daeli’s cheek apologetically.

“You’se be healing, Silly Vic,” Karnat exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear, “Tank you much, shiny man.”

“You are welcome, Karnat,” Daeli replied, smiling as well, “I’m going to take her back to our camp, so she can rest in a safe place.”

“Can…” the kobold faltered, “Can help big kitty, too?”

The elf followed Karnat over to the fallen panther, “I’m sorry, there is nothing I can do.”

Karnat sniffed, then brushed one paw over the dead cat. Over one of the long white scars that decorated his Darkstar’s midnight coat. It wiped off. The kobold’s green eyes widened, and he brushed at another white mark. It also came off.

“Dis not Karnat’s big kitty,” the kobold said aloud, then smiled, “Dis not Darkstar. Be hoping that kitty is safe with pretty lady.”

Daeli gathered Viconia up in his arms and the motley group walked back to the camp.

Faldorn cursed as she looked at them. She had been sure that her panther would be able to take down a simple kobold. And it would have hurt Jaheira, which had been her ultimate goal. She was going to kill the kobold, then the drow, and then the ranger, just for good measure. She was going to bring Jaheira to her knees, and show her the depths of sorrow.

A slow smile grew on the shadow-druid's feral features. Tomorrow was another day, and she had all the time in the world.

Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s. I was feeling evil. :twisted: Oh, and Aer’Daeliarran and Ahyr will be returning characters. Because I like them. Sorry about the lack of Karnat-hilarity in the second half, but he just shouldn’t be cheerful when Vic’s hurt. He'll be back in his full glory in the next story. :wink:

H’kira n’ the Wolf

#2 Guest_Likpok_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 12:14 AM

Yay Karnet! saving the poor Silly Vic

*gives Karnet Bag of Replenishing Cookies (now with 4 varieties in every bag!)

#3 Guest_Asuka_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 05:15 AM

Great stories!!!! I just read chapters 1-4 and cant find ch5. I must say that this story is so great because of the unusual main character. Wait does cookie bag have double chocolate in it???

#4 Guest_Likpok_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 05:23 AM

After doing a search, i realized that chappter five is chapter four, so thats the explaination

and as for teh bag, i think it has whatever teh owner wants in it, though only a choice of three (four?) types every time teh bag is opened (since its my magic item, i get to change it) Later versions may include pie/cake compatability and a candy dispenser

#5 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 02:19 PM

Ah. I almost forgot this one - and I used to like it a lot. Glad to see them make it as far as Trademeet. The plot with switched panther was quite ingenious - I was positive it was 'his' panther till the last moment.

I liked your near-paladin elf too. Aer’Daeliarran was it? Hmm. He is a near impossibility among Helmites but somehow it does not make him any less 'alive' or likeable. :D Are these the same dudes who will be going after Big Bad Red? It will be an interesting twist.

Cheers!

#6 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 04:00 PM

Hey all. Here’s the next littlest Bhaalspawn. Hope ya like it. I’ll be posting more When Wolves Cry soon, too.

Uh, part 6? Oh... I think I got that missing part 5 in the archives. It ended with Khalid thrashing Isaea in Nalia's keep, is that correct or have I missed more parts? :roll:

“Will really be going blind if looks at tin-man’s armor when sun shining?” the kobold continued.

LOL! I almost feel like he's Khalid's and Jae's child... ok, so their child wouldn't be a kobold :) , but I am sure it would be as cute as Karnat...

“Karnat, what do you have?” Jaheira questioned, suspiciously. The kobold looked to either side of him and did the only thing he could think of…stuffed the entire cookie in his mouth.

Karnat grinned at Jaheira, chocolate and crumbs all over his face and teeth, “Th’nuffin, pree laey…”

Even Jaheira can't be mad at him... fluffy cuteness - the ultimate weapon against Jae's angry glaring :)

The first skirmish in Trademeet proved to be…interesting to say the least. By the time they had finished off most of the invading wildlife, the guards had begun to attack both Karnat and Darkstar. This notion was swiftly brought to an end by a hulking Rashemite Berserker who threatened to connect his boot to the guardsmens posteriors. The whole thing started all over again when they realized Jaheira was a druid.

Theo: *growls*... *then notices Khalid nearby and runs for the hills*

“A…Arrrr…Arrrriiiaaa…” Karnat sounded out, then stopped, shaking his head, “Nice Ari, be a’right?”

Ah, something as simple as Arian is still too hard for little Karnat? :(

Karnat woke sometime in the night to find his beloved panther looking at him like it wanted to eat him. Darkstar lashed out a paw, catching the tiny kobold’s muzzle with her wicked claws. Karnat whimpered, but did not cry out, rather, he darted across the room and picked up his shortspear. His green eyes narrowed, his big kitty had never hurt him before. Pretty Lady had used a spell, to stop animals attacking them. Perhaps…perhaps someone else was doing the same. Problems with druids, he recalled.

Awww... stupid Faldorn is controlling poor Darkstar?

She looked at him, crammed in a crevice in the rocks, rather than the shadowy form that emerged from the brush. The cat pounced, claws rending, fangs tearing. It was Viconia’s turn to scream. She tried to fight it, but the cat was determined. Karnat’s blood boiled when he saw the angry red lines on the drow’s face, where the panther had slapped her.

Ouch... poor Vic...

“Silly Vic,” Karnat said, shaking the drow’s shoulders. Her eyes remained closed, her breathing shallow. Blood soaked her tunic where Darkstar had torn into her. The kobold got up, he had passed a group of people earlier, they hadn’t seen him. Silly Vic needed help, he would get it.

:( He killed Darkstar to save Silly Vic?

He knew he was an oddity. An elven ranger with paladine tendencies. But he was true to what he believed, and no one would take him from his path. Ilmater had given him liberties, because he was as close to being a paladin as he was going to get. He tolerated his companions. Though, he had to admit, the never-ending conversations about armor-polish and smiting were getting on his nerves.

LOL! What a reasonable guy! I like him! :P

The elf gave a whistle and his animal companion, Ahyr, came running. Ahyr was a weasel, with bright beady little eyes and chestnut-brown fur. The little creature crawled up his arm and onto his shoulder, where it snapped its teeth dangerously close to his pointed ear.

A paladin and his weasel... I am not surprised if those other haughty stuc-ups would bully him for being different :(

Eventually, he was brought back to the world by a sharp pain. His blue eyes snapped open and he saw the dark-elf was healed. The next thing he noticed was the fact that his darling animal companion had its teeth on his ear and was putting slight pressure on it. To an elf, it hurt like hell. The weasel let go when it was sure that its master was back with them, and nuzzled Daeli’s cheek apologetically.

“You’se be healing, Silly Vic,” Karnat exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear, “Tank you much, shiny man.”

Yes, well done paladin :P Vic has certainly taken a lot of beating in our stories, lately...

Karnat sniffed, then brushed one paw over the dead cat. Over one of the long white scars that decorated his Darkstar’s midnight coat. It wiped off. The kobold’s green eyes widened, and he brushed at another white mark. It also came off.

“Dis not Karnat’s big kitty,” the kobold said aloud, then smiled, “Dis not Darkstar. Be hoping that kitty is safe with pretty lady.”

Yay! Darkstar lives! :)

Faldorn cursed as she looked at them. She had been sure that her panther would be able to take down a simple kobold. And it would have hurt Jaheira, which had been her ultimate goal. She was going to kill the kobold, then the drow, and then the ranger, just for good measure. She was going to bring Jaheira to her knees, and show her the depths of sorrow.

GRRRR! Jaheira will slap you silly, Faldork!

Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s. I was feeling evil. :D Oh, and Aer’Daeliarran and Ahyr will be returning characters. Because I like them. Sorry about the lack of Karnat-hilarity in the second half, but he just shouldn’t be cheerful when Vic’s hurt. He'll be back in his full glory in the next story. :)

Cool, more, please, soon? :?

#7 Laufey

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:02 PM

“They’re having problems with the druids,” the druid replied, ruffling his ears, “Any more questions?”

Of course! :D

She couldn’t help but chuckle as Karnat skipped off toward Viconia. The drow waited until the druid wasn’t looking to give Karnat a good-sized chocolate-chip cookie.

LOL! Naughty Vic. :D

Awww! :D

“Is jealous cuz not being cute n’ furry like Karnat,” the kobold said rather cheekily before running across the courtyard and jumping into a fountain. Just for the sheer fun of it, of course. There was all sorts of fun to be had in this place, he thought as he paddled around in the water.

Insufferable: Yeah, Karnat! :D You've got the right idea, us cute and fluffy ones are *irresistible*!

“Is being here, pretty lady,” she looked in the direction of the voice to see a pair of mirthful green eyes and a pair of soggy gray ears above the edge of the fountain, “Got in, now can’t be getting out. Karnat thinks is stuck.”

He's so sweet. :D

Karnat ran forward, tears in his eyes as he drove his shortspear through the panther’s shoulders. The great cat’s eyes as its mind was restored by some outside force, the pain and anguish reflected in those amber orbs tore the kobold’s heart in half.

Oh no... :(

Most of them served one of three deities, Tyr, Torm, or Helm. The Helmites were by far the hardest to get along with. Aer’Daeliarran followed Ilmater, the Broken god. He had found the Crying god close to his heart, though he acknowledged the Seldarine as well.

Well, he seems like a nice guy. :D I like him already.

Daeli worked quickly, inspecting the numerous wounds. She was far gone. He did the only thing he could, knelt down, placed his hands on the woman’s ebon skin, and prayed. He prayed for what seemed like forever, for what seemed like hours on end, he prayed with all his heart and soul.

Yeah, I really like him.

The elf followed Karnat over to the fallen panther, “I’m sorry, there is nothing I can do.”

:D

Oh good! :D

Oh *her*. *snarl*

Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s. I was feeling evil. :D Oh, and Aer’Daeliarran and Ahyr will be returning characters. Because I like them. Sorry about the lack of Karnat-hilarity in the second half, but he just shouldn’t be cheerful when Vic’s hurt. He'll be back in his full glory in the next story. :P

I liked it all right! :D And Vic and the paladins should be....interesting. :D
Rogues do it from behind.

#8 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:42 PM

[quote]Hey all. Here’s the next littlest Bhaalspawn. Hope ya like it. I’ll be posting more When Wolves Cry soon, too.
[/quote]

It's been a while.

[quote]
[/quote]

Any city is too big for her.

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

AHA! So viconia has a nice side after all.

[quote]
[/quote]

The life of n adventurer is a hard one. :P

[quote]
“Not be hurting Karnat’s friends n’more, right?” the kobold continued, looking nervously to where Jaheira and Khalid were conversing with the captain of the guard.
[/quote]

[quote]
“No, we won’t hurt them,” Arian answered, ruffling the kobold’s ears and smiling.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

I hear you :D

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
“Karnat?” Jaheira shouted, more than a little worried with the kobold’s absence.
[/quote]

He'll get himself killed.

[quote]
[/quote]

grrrr :D

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Aer’Daeliarran had the typical elvish good looks. His hair was shaggy and blonde, his almond-shaped eyes a light blue. The holy-symbol of Ilmater was tattooed on the back of his neck, a pair of hands bound with red cord. He was slender, but well-muscled for an elf. His armor was elven-cut leather, plate or chain simply didn’t allow for quick enough movement. His blade was also elven, an elaborately made longsword with runes scripted into the side, though he much preferred his longbow in combat.
[/quote]

Future boy-friend for viconia?

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

weee. :D

[quote]
[/quote]

Her again.

[quote]
Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s.

Oh boy.

Nice

Hunter

#9 Guest_Broken Phoenix_*

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:08 PM

[quote]“Is big?” the kobold queried, patting Darkstar on the shoulder. The big cat purred. [/quote]
Oo!
*pets cat*
*pets Karnat*

[quote]“Will really be going blind if looks at tin-man’s armor when sun shining?” the kobold continued.

She couldn’t help but chuckle as Karnat skipped off toward Viconia. The drow waited until the druid wasn’t looking to give Karnat a good-sized chocolate-chip cookie. [/quote]
:shock:

[quote]Karnat fell asleep sprawled out in Jaheira’s lap during the party’s meeting with Lord Corprith. The druid smiled and stroked his fur as he slept, half-listening to Trademeet’s ruler as she did so. When they were done with Lord Corprith, she carried him to the inn and tucked him into bed. He stirred as she headed for the door.

Those tiny green eyes opened a bit, “G’night, pretty lady.” [/quote]
Ummm... this is not going to the Jaheira romance, is it? :oops:

[quote]Karnat ran forward, tears in his eyes as he drove his shortspear through the panther’s shoulders. The great cat’s eyes as its mind was restored by some outside force, the pain and anguish reflected in those amber orbs tore the kobold’s heart in half. [/quote]
:evil:
Now who said kobolds are cowardly...

[quote]Though, he had to admit, the never-ending conversations about armor-polish and smiting were getting on his nerves. [/quote]
Hell, they're paladins :D

[quote]“Please, Bartak,” the elf replied, “Call me Daeli. It’s easier to pronounce.”

And it will stop you from butchering my name, He left unsaid. [/quote]
Gee, how polite :twisted:

[quote]Ahyr was a weasel, with bright beady little eyes and chestnut-brown fur. The little creature crawled up his arm and onto his shoulder, where it snapped its teeth dangerously close to his pointed ear. [/quote]
A WEASEL!
*pets weasel*
*pulls back hand... quickly*

[quote]Daeli worked quickly, inspecting the numerous wounds. She was far gone. He did the only thing he could, knelt down, placed his hands on the woman’s ebon skin, and prayed. He prayed for what seemed like forever, for what seemed like hours on end, he prayed with all his heart and soul. [/quote]
And so quickly... doesn't he mind that she is drow at all? Or is that his Ilmatari vows kicking in?

[quote]“Tank you much, shiny man.” [/quote]
*snicker*
Well, at least here is a *real* shiny man.

[quote]Karnat sniffed, then brushed one paw over the dead cat. Over one of the long white scars that decorated his Darkstar’s midnight coat. [/quote]
Aww, not the big kitty!

[quote]Faldorn cursed as she looked at them. She had been sure that her panther would be able to take down a simple kobold. And it would have hurt Jaheira, which had been her ultimate goal. [quote]
Hmmm, I still not forgive her for killing the *other* panther, even if it wasn't Darkstar :twisted:

Oh, I liked it alright. I have this soft spot for kobolds... you played NWN with Deekin yet? :roll:

#10 Weyoun

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:53 PM

“Is big?” the kobold queried, patting Darkstar on the shoulder. The big cat purred.

Filled with many people... people who eat toast. :)

“Tanks, Silly Vic!” the kobold said as he trotted back up to the front of the group.

LOL! Silly Indeed! :)

Laska : *grins*

In the words of the legendary Odo : "I've found that humanoids often react favorably to fuzzy creatures. Especially if they make pleasing sounds..." :)

Karnat fell asleep sprawled out in Jaheira’s lap during the party’s meeting with Lord Corprith. The druid smiled and stroked his fur as he slept, half-listening to Trademeet’s ruler as she did so. When they were done with Lord Corprith, she carried him to the inn and tucked him into bed. He stirred as she headed for the door.

“Goodnight, Karnat,” Jaheira whispered and exited the room, making her way to her own bedroom.

Awww, how cute. I'm getting a suger OD. :)

Aww... ;)

A slow smile grew on the shadow-druid's feral features. Tomorrow was another day, and she had all the time in the world.

Arghh! Druid must die! :D

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#11 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:42 PM

Yay Karnet! saving the poor Silly Vic

*gives Karnet Bag of Replenishing Cookies (now with 4 varieties in every bag!)

Karnat: *grins* Tanks much! *starts snarfing down cookies*

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#12 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:47 PM

Great stories!!!! I just read chapters 1-4 and cant find ch5. I must say that this story is so great because of the unusual main character. Wait does cookie bag have double chocolate in it???

Thanks, Asuka. I checked my stories and accidentally posted them wrong. I'll put up the real #4 shortly.

Karnat: *waves* COOKIES!

Thanks again,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#13 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:53 PM

Ah. I almost forgot this one - and I used to like it a lot. Glad to see them make it as far as Trademeet. The plot with switched panther was quite ingenious - I was positive it was 'his' panther till the last moment.

I liked your near-paladin elf too. Aer’Daeliarran was it? Hmm. He is a near impossibility among Helmites but somehow it does not make him any less 'alive' or likeable. :) Are these the same dudes who will be going after Big Bad Red? It will be an interesting twist.

Cheers!

Thank you very much :) Daeli's with 'em so they don't get lost. These are more of the Lawful Stupid variety of paladins :) And they just might go after Red...

Karnat: *grins* Not tellin'

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#14 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:00 PM

[quote name="Theodur"][quote]Hey all. Here’s the next littlest Bhaalspawn. Hope ya like it. I’ll be posting more When Wolves Cry soon, too.
[/quote]

[quote]Uh, part 6? Oh... I think I got that missing part 5 in the archives. It ended with Khalid thrashing Isaea in Nalia's keep, is that correct or have I missed more parts? :)[/quote]

Yeah, I messed up my posts.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

LOL! I almost feel like he's Khalid's and Jae's child... ok, so their child wouldn't be a kobold :) , but I am sure it would be as cute as Karnat... [/quote]

Karnat: *grins* Cute like Karnat...hop'ly not furry though...

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Even Jaheira can't be mad at him... fluffy cuteness - the ultimate weapon against Jae's angry glaring :) [/quote]

hehehe...

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Theo: *growls*... *then notices Khalid nearby and runs for the hills* [/quote]

LOL! Poor Theo...

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Ah, something as simple as Arian is still too hard for little Karnat? :D [/quote]

*nods* He's an odd little fellow isn't he?

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Awww... stupid Faldorn is controlling poor Darkstar? [/quote]

Maybe :D

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Ouch... poor Vic... [/quote]

Yep.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

:D He killed Darkstar to save Silly Vic? [/quote]

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

LOL! What a reasonable guy! I like him! :D [/quote]

*grins* glad ya do!

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

A paladin and his weasel... I am not surprised if those other haughty stuc-ups would bully him for being different :D [/quote]

*evil grin* But if they bully him, Ahyr will bite their ears off.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Yes, well done paladin :D Vic has certainly taken a lot of beating in our stories, lately... [/quote]

Yeah, she has. Vico needs a vacation. :)

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Yay! Darkstar lives! :D [/quote]

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

GRRRR! Jaheira will slap you silly, Faldork! [/quote]

LOL! Right on!

[quote][quote]
Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s. I was feeling evil. :) Oh, and Aer’Daeliarran and Ahyr will be returning characters. Because I like them. Sorry about the lack of Karnat-hilarity in the second half, but he just shouldn’t be cheerful when Vic’s hurt. He'll be back in his full glory in the next story. :(
[/quote]

Cool, more, please, soon? :D[/quote]

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#15 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:12 PM

Of course! :D

Karnat: *wandering around with his eyes closed, bumping into things*

LOL! Naughty Vic. :(

Isn't she wonderful? :D

Awww! :D

Thanks...

Insufferable: Yeah, Karnat! :D You've got the right idea, us cute and fluffy ones are *irresistible*!

Karnat: Dat's right. Monkey much smart.

He's so sweet. :D

Oh no... :D

:)

Well, he seems like a nice guy. :D I like him already.

Glad ya do :D

Yeah, I really like him.

Oh good! :D

*smiles*

Oh *her*. *snarl*

Jae n' Faldorn are going to have a little...conversation...

Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s. I was feeling evil. :) Oh, and Aer’Daeliarran and Ahyr will be returning characters. Because I like them. Sorry about the lack of Karnat-hilarity in the second half, but he just shouldn’t be cheerful when Vic’s hurt. He'll be back in his full glory in the next story. :)

I liked it all right! :D And Vic and the paladins should be....interesting. :)

Interesting...is a good word for it *grins*

They'll have fun...

H'kira n' the Wolf

#16 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:29 PM

It's been a while.

Yep.

Any city is too big for her.

*nods*

AHA! So viconia has a nice side after all.

Vic's the best :)

The life of n adventurer is a hard one. :(

*grins* Of course...but anything else'd be boring

I hear you :D

Hey! :D

He'll get himself killed.

That's why he had so many caretakers

grrrr :)

Karnat: *snarls*

Future boy-friend for viconia?

We have a winner!

Karnat: *gives Hunter a cookie*

weee. :D

Evil aren't I?

Her again.

*nods*

Hope ya liked it. Next one will be pretty interesting with Vic in a party of paladin’s.

Oh boy.

Nice

Hunter

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#17 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:48 PM

Oo!
*pets cat*
*pets Karnat*

Karnat: *smiles*

Darkstar: *purrs*

hehehe...

Ummm... this is not going to the Jaheira romance, is it? :(

*snickers* I think Khalid would object :D

Now who said kobolds are cowardly...

Certainly wasn't me

Though, he had to admit, the never-ending conversations about armor-polish and smiting were getting on his nerves.

Hell, they're paladins :)

Karnat: *makes a face* Paladins...

“Please, Bartak,” the elf replied, “Call me Daeli. It’s easier to pronounce.”

And it will stop you from butchering my name, He left unsaid.

Gee, how polite :)

Ahyr was a weasel, with bright beady little eyes and chestnut-brown fur. The little creature crawled up his arm and onto his shoulder, where it snapped its teeth dangerously close to his pointed ear.

A WEASEL!
*pets weasel*
*pulls back hand... quickly*

Ahyr: *grins, showing many sharp little teeth*

And so quickly... doesn't he mind that she is drow at all? Or is that his Ilmatari vows kicking in?

“Tank you much, shiny man.”

*snicker*
Well, at least here is a *real* shiny man.

Karnat sniffed, then brushed one paw over the dead cat. Over one of the long white scars that decorated his Darkstar’s midnight coat.

Aww, not the big kitty!

*grins*

Faldorn cursed as she looked at them. She had been sure that her panther would be able to take down a simple kobold. And it would have hurt Jaheira, which had been her ultimate goal.

Hmmm, I still not forgive her for killing the *other* panther, even if it wasn't Darkstar :)

Oh, I liked it alright. I have this soft spot for kobolds... you played NWN with Deekin yet? :D

No...

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#18 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:04 PM

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Filled with many people... people who eat toast. :)[/quote]

Karnat: Toast be Evil! *starts looking for people with toast*

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

LOL! Silly Indeed! :)[/quote]

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Laska : *grins*[/quote]

Karnat: *waves* Hi Laska! *hands her a cookie*

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

In the words of the legendary Odo : "I've found that humanoids often react favorably to fuzzy creatures. Especially if they make pleasing sounds..." :D[/quote]

hehehe...and it's true, too.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Awww, how cute. I'm getting a suger OD. :)[/quote]

? :D

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Aww... :([/quote]

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Arghh! Druid must die! :)

Great stuff,
---Weyoun[/quote][/quote]

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#19 Guest_argan_*

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:47 PM

Nice story :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com