Hero 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fantysm_*

Posted 03 July 2003 - 03:26 PM

It's been so long, I don't remember if I posted part two or not. Well, the first part can be read in my short stories section. And without further ado, the story of Pavel and Axelia continues.

Cheers from Fantysm!
---------
"Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me."

~Five for Fighting, "Superman"

The next morning, Axelia woke to find her things packed, her daily clothes set out on a chair, and her kama set ever so carefully on the dresser. She couldn't remember doing these things the night before. Her thoughts were still dwelling on dreams. As her thoughts gradually spiraled back in time, the recurring dream surfaced in her consciousness.

She was a little girl, a tiny quarter-elf with barely any point to her ears. A Kara-Turan woman was standing beside her, holding her hand, and she could smell the spicy scent her mother always wore. They were standing before the city that became their home. Neverwinter.

The dream always ended the same way --- they entered their house, and as her mother turned her back to the dark corners to light a lantern, the invisible horror took her, and Axelia was left alone. That was the worst part.

The monk shook the dark thoughts out of her head as she hurried to get dressed and head to the graduation chamber, where she would spend her last day at the academy. Aribeth was to speak to her class today.

She shouldered her backpack and picked up her kama. She was ready.

---

"I greet you, students," Aribeth began in her regal voice.

Axelia looked around at her classmates. There was Naiad, the half-elven rogue who had put itching powder in Zarn's breeches in their first week. Now Zarn was standing tall next to his lover in his first suit of real armor. He certainly did look the part of a knight.

"Today is a tremendous achievement for all of you," Aribeth continued. The elven sorceress Kiki was standing in a corner, snickering behind her hand as her dwarven wizardess friend, Deelin, wondered why everyone was laughing. A nearly hysterical halfling warrior named Fonlim was pointing at the sign on the dwarf's back that read, 'Dwarves think with their weapons.' Axelia held back a smile. Deelin was known not to carry any weapons.

Axelia scanned the room once more, and came to the same conclusion: Pavel was not present. Perhaps he's just ill, she thought. I'll look in on him in his quarters after the ceremony.

"This truly is a momentous day," Aribeth said. "As graduates of the academy, you will be ready to face the challenges of Faerun with courage, conviction, and determination. You shall ---"

A tremendous crash shook the building, and a few of the less balanced people in attendance fell down.

"We are under attack!" Axelia heard Aribeth shout over the sudden, utter pandemonium. Several bolted for the door, and those who stayed charged towards the mysterious black-robed mages who had just appeared.

Pedri had pounded the virtues of concentration into her head, but for once, Axelia had lost hers. The battle was over in a matter of seconds, and she vaguely remembered being hit with a spell before she had killed the mage with her kama. The majority of the graduating students had escaped before the terror began, and only five others remained. Zarn and Naiad were grievously injured, holding each other and huddling in a corner. Deelin and Fonlim were staring incredulously at the mostly empty room. Kiki was dead.

"You there!" Aribeth called. "I must speak with you!"

Axelia turned to see the paladin pointing at her. She approached and bowed as she had been taught.

"I am Axelia, Lady," she introduced herself. "What do you ask of me?"

"This is no random attack," Aribeth said. "The entire Academy has been ambushed. I fear only a handful will escape with their lives. You know of the Waterdhavian creatures, correct?"

"I've . . . I've heard only rumors, my Lady," Axelia said. "They've been brought here to find a cure for the plague sweeping over the city."

"You know enough," Aribeth decided. "Go Axelia, find the Waterdhavian creatures. Do not let them come to harm!"

Axelia could see the fear and fiercely burning determination in Aribeth's green-blue eyes. She ran through the massive doors of the graduation chamber and didn't look back.

#2 Laufey

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:44 PM

It's been so long, I don't remember if I posted part two or not. Well, the first part can be read in my short stories section. And without further ado, the story of Pavel and Axelia continues.

I think you posted it before, it felt familiar. :wink: Then again, I've started NWN quite a few times. :twisted:

She was a little girl, a tiny quarter-elf with barely any point to her ears. A Kara-Turan woman was standing beside her, holding her hand, and she could smell the spicy scent her mother always wore. They were standing before the city that became their home. Neverwinter.

The dream always ended the same way --- they entered their house, and as her mother turned her back to the dark corners to light a lantern, the invisible horror took her, and Axelia was left alone. That was the worst part.

Will we learn more about this eventually?

Pedri had pounded the virtues of concentration into her head, but for once, Axelia had lost hers. The battle was over in a matter of seconds, and she vaguely remembered being hit with a spell before she had killed the mage with her kama. The majority of the graduating students had escaped before the terror began, and only five others remained. Zarn and Naiad were grievously injured, holding each other and huddling in a corner. Deelin and Fonlim were staring incredulously at the mostly empty room. Kiki was dead.

I imagine this feeling of chaos and confusion is very realistic under the circumstances.

"You know enough," Aribeth decided. "Go Axelia, find the Waterdhavian creatures. Do not let them come to harm!"

Axelia could see the fear and fiercely burning determination in Aribeth's green-blue eyes. She ran through the massive doors of the graduation chamber and didn't look back.

Now go hunt some goblins. :twisted:
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 04 July 2003 - 06:36 AM

The next morning, Axelia woke to find her things packed, her daily clothes set out on a chair, and her kama set ever so carefully on the dresser. She couldn't remember doing these things the night before. Her thoughts were still dwelling on dreams. As her thoughts gradually spiraled back in time, the recurring dream surfaced in her consciousness.

I don't remember this story at all.

The monk shook the dark thoughts out of her head as she hurried to get dressed and head to the graduation chamber, where she would spend her last day at the academy. Aribeth was to speak to her class today.

Ahh, it's about neverwinter nights. i'm afraid i can't read any further then, i still haven't played the game.

Hunter

#4 Weyoun

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:55 PM

Cute image...

Axelia looked around at her classmates. There was Naiad, the half-elven rogue who had put itching powder in Zarn's breeches in their first week. Now Zarn was standing tall next to his lover in his first suit of real armor. He certainly did look the part of a knight.

Iching powder? Wow... :evil:

"We are under attack!" Axelia heard Aribeth shout over the sudden, utter pandemonium. Several bolted for the door, and those who stayed charged towards the mysterious black-robed mages who had just appeared.

Aw. :lol:

"I've . . . I've heard only rumors, my Lady," Axelia said. "They've been brought here to find a cure for the plague sweeping over the city."

And so it begins...

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com