Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 2.41.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 06:51 AM

Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 2.41.

Copper Coronet is as always filled with various sorts of lowlifes and surface scum, as Viconia loves to call them. There are no free tables to sit at, so we are forced to clear one table from a sleeping trio of drunkards, but they do not mind being unceremoniously tossed on the floor. Probably due to our intimidating looks, everybody around seems to ignore us and both Jaheira and Viconia receive only a couple of dirty propositions. Not that it would severely damage their self-confidence, mind you…

As I take a look around, I notice that the man behind the counter is not Bernard, but some scraggy looking man, Jan explains that his name is Lehtinan and he is the owner of this place. Bernard is nowhere to be seen, of course. I also notice the young squire, who I saw at my first visit here – Anomen Delryn was his name, if I recall correctly. He pretends to be looking at the plafonds, but when I turn my eyes away from him, I feel that he is continuing to scrutiny my companions and me.

“Eh, my Worship, there is something I need to tell you,” Jan speaks up as the ale has finally been brought to us and I enjoy the first sip of the sparkling liquid, “the state of affairs is such that I will not be able to leave the city to go to this Spellhold with you…”

“How come, Jan?” I ask, surprised, “don’t tell me that you take Vicky’s threats seriously…”

“He should,” Viconia hisses.

“No, nothing as silly as that…” Jan chuckles, “eh, you know… family matters… I have this wee little problem you see – an old girlfriend of mine, you heard her name being mentioned, Lissa… she’s married to an evil, disgusting man who is constantly beating her and their little daughter…”

“She run away from him recently and sought refuge with my family… that’s why I was called back home. Little Jaella was beaten very badly and it will take some time until she recovers completely,” Jan sighs, “meanwhile Lissa and she are staying with my family, but it is not a safe place. Vaelag, her husband, has ties and contacts amongst the Shadow Thieves - it’s only a matter of time until they sniff us out… As soon as Jaella is ready for traveling we will leave Athkatla.”

“I understand, Jan. It creates a problem for us, but I’m sure we will get around it… When do you think you will leave and where will the three of you go?” I ask him.

“I have some relatives of mine nearby, in Riatavin,” Jan replies, “but I don’t think we will be very safe there, perhaps it would be safer to move further away where Shadow Thieves do not have a lot of saying… Sembia, or perhaps Cormyr? Who knows?”

“I am sorry to hear it, Jan,” Jaheira says sincerely, “the thought of getting rid of your incessant prattle is comforting, but still I would wish that our parting would occur under happier circumstances.”

“Awww, it warms this gnome’s heart to hear something like that from our resident grouchy druid,” Jan laughs, “I knew you won’t be mad at me, after all you both did… I mean… the subject of an ill-fated marriage has been quite popular as of late… oh! I was supposed to go and gather some information, was I not?”

Jan quickly disappears in the crowd of people, leaving us sitting in contemplation.

“I have hard time coping with that already, yet it seems our companions are inclined to remind me about it whenever the chance presents itself,” Jaheira speaks, irritated, “and do not even say whatever you wanted to add, drow.”

“As far as I’m concerned you are sulking over nothing,” Viconia replies, “but if you are so determined to torture yourself, I might as well have a little fun by making it harder on you…”

“Your insults mean nothing to me, Viconia,” Jaheira snorts before turning her attention to me, “I have been wondering… what will Imoen say, seeing us both together?”

I shudder from the thought, but I quickly push these thoughts away and put my hand over Jaheira’s palm and stroke it to calm her down. “I’m sure she will understand, you should not worry about that. She really likes you and will not reprimand neither you nor me,” I say.

“These recent developments mean that we have to gather the money quickly, while we still have Jan’s services at hand,” I try to change the topic, “and that means that getting Nalia back now becomes essential. So we need a lot of money and quickly.”

Meanwhile, I notice with the corner of my eye that a shifty looking elf has been moving closer to our table and without any invitation he sits down in Jan’s empty chair. His leering towards both Viconia and Jaheira make me want to slap him in the face, too bad that he sits at the opposite side of the table.

“Ah, I sense you have an earthy wisdom about you, my sweet elf,” he finally addresses Jaheira in a sweet, sugary voice, “I find that most sensual.”

“Would you find me cutting off your tongue with my scimitar sensual as well?” Jaheira hisses, “Because that is about to happen…”

“Ah, such passion! You set me on fire with your words...and with your lovely body, as well...” the elf ignores the threat and continues with his cheap flattery.

“You are threading on a thin line, you disgusting elf,” I speak angrily, “her fire and passion would be too much to handle for such a wimpy slime like you.”

“Ah, I understand…” luckily the elf realizes what I mean, but he is too stupid for his own good when he decides to try his chances with Viconia, instead of leaving, “I always love a dark, brooding woman. I sense that you have a sensuous nature, my elven beauty...”

“Hmmm, you don’t really have anything that could interest a woman like me,” Viconia mocks the poor idiot, “you are short, skinny, not particularly good looking either… I’m sure any woman agreeing to spend a night of pleasure with a man like you, would do so only out of pity…”

The elf is about to protest when Viconia cuts him off, “Speaking of pity… how about we give him what he has been asking for, druid?”

WHAT? I would never…” Jaheira’s expression slowly changes from irritation to a malicious smile and she rises from the chair, saying, “very well, drow… let’s give it to him.”

“What the hell do y…?” I ask her surprised as she makes her way around the table to stand behind the elf, but the mischievous look in her eyes tells me that I should not be worried. Swiftly she grabs the unfortunate elf by the neck and yanks him upright, he is struggling to get loose from Jaheira’s iron grip, but without much success.

“As much as I appreciate the closeness of your lovely body, this is not a comfortable situation if you want to experience the pleasures that only Salvanas is capable to offer…” the elf is having trouble speaking as Jaheira holds him by the neck, yet still he manages to try flattery even at this moment.

Viconia slowly rises from her chair, nasty smile gracing her lips. Slowly she walks over to where Jaheira is holding the struggling Salvanas and playfully wraps her hands around the elf’s waist. The whole tavern has gone quiet, watching the spectacle…

Viconia leans closer as if to kiss Salvanas, but then quickly lifts her leg and knocks him in testicles with full force of her knee… The screams that are coming from the top of the elf’s lungs are very exquisite indeed and generate a wave of cheering from the crowd. Poor elf looks like he would have collapsed on the floor if not for Jaheira holding him in her clutches.

“There, there, did Viconia hurt her poor, little baby,” Viconia teases him, “let me make up for it, you poor, poor thing…”

Viconia leans closer to Salvanas and kisses him on the lips and much to my dismay through all the pain showing in his face, I can clearly see the sugary smile reappearing on his lips.

“Does Viconia’s little baby want some more?” Vic plays with the unsuspecting fool, but I know what is going to happen next.

“Yes, please, my dark beauty,” Salvanas manages to squeeze out…

“As you wish,” Viconia snarls and knees him in the testicles for the second time drawing even wilder cheers from the crowd and making the poor elf go completely limp in Jaheira’s arms…

“He’s all yours druid,” Viconia smiles.

“I have no need of this filth,” Jaheira replies and lets Salvanas drop on the floor, where he stays bent down and weeping over his damaged family treasures. As he is about to rise and crawl away to weep in some more secluded place, Jaheira kicks him in the backside and he crashes into nearby table and knocks it over. The four mean looking dwarves, whose ale has been spilled, do not look particularly pleased and they quickly grab poor Salvanas and drag him outside of the tavern.

“I didn’t know you had it in you,” I look at Jaheira with admiration.

“It is good that I can still surprise you,” she smiles just before leaning across the table to kiss me, “that bodes well for the future…”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com