Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 36

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 28 June 2003 - 03:36 AM

Yoshimo blinked, and saw nothing but gray. He wondered if this was what it was like to be dead, It was nothing like what he had expected. But he was pretty sure he was dead.

"Ah, there's another one!" said a light, young cheerful voice. Yoshimo tried to sit up, but there was no ground to sit up on, so he sort of floated into a more or less upright position. Turning around was a similar chore.

Behind him, the mad mage Emirikol was sitting on nothing, massaging his temples. The other person, the one who had spoken, was a cheerful young blond man in leathers. He had a harp strapped to his back, so Yoshimo supposed he was a bard.

Behind Emirikol and the bard was an open archway in the nothingness. It opened on the strangest city Yoshimo had ever seen, East or West. But he rather suspeted it was neither.

Yoshimo stood awkwardly on nothing and bowed to the bard. "Where are we? And who are you?"

"Ah, a fair question, well put! I am Garrick, and like the pair of you, I was killed either by a powerful Bhaalspawn or in teh wake of one, in very unusual circumstances. Not all killed by powerful spawn or in their wake end up here, but a few. It is an afterlife, of sorts. Yon city is Sigil. We can never go back to where we were, but we can live on here."

Yoshimo nodded, and stepped forward. He looked back. "Are you coming, wizard?"

Emirikol thought on this for a second. "No. If this is the Astral plane, and I beleive it is, than I shall explore it; I hope to either find my master, or what lies beyond. In either case, farewell." And he swam away into the nothing, in a vaguely upward direction, and slowly shrunk to a point, and was gone.

Yoshimo and Garrick looked at each other and shrugged, and stepped into Sigil.

-----

Haer'Dalis saw Garrick lead Yoshimo into the city. "Another Bhaalspawn victim. I suppose we should count ourselves fortunate that only about one in ten of their victims finds their way here; the place is getting crowded as it is."

Raelis Shai tossed back her bright blue hair, her waxen green face reflected her concern. "We should not have come back here, Haer'Dalis."

"It is the last place the Baron would look for us, my raven. Besides, we needed to get off that spelljammer ship, before he tracked it."

"And now we are in his home territory, looking for a teleport crystal or a planar jewel. I don't like this."

"Nor I raven, nor I. But needs must."

-------

Adrian's strategy had worked, after a fashion. They had taken on each golem one at a time, using the weapons that each was vulnerable to. As Jan and Edwin had suspected, the other golems had stood silent, not aiding their fellows, each obeying it's instructions to guard the treasures of the room to the letter.

But that had not meant that they had escaped unscathed. None of them had any interest in leaving the room and going down into the dungeons just yet, save Viconia, who despite several bone bruises and blood in her mouth, insisted on taking the third flail head downstairs and attaching it at its magical forge to the rest fo the flail. She had returned exhausted but triumphant. Then all rested, for all were wounded and exhausted.

So it was that after a long sleep that Jan finally opened the other secret door, and they tramped down into the darkness.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Likpok_*

Posted 28 June 2003 - 03:51 AM

Great story!

Im glad that Yoshi got free of the geas (i know that was in the 5th or so, but...)

Stupid golems, i always tried invising all the party members and sending one to run the stuff out, until i realized that you could attack them.... :twisted:

oops... the first twisted wasnt supposed to be there :twisted:

#3 Laufey

Posted 28 June 2003 - 05:07 AM

"Ah, a fair question, well put! I am Garrick, and like the pair of you, I was killed either by a powerful Bhaalspawn or in teh wake of one, in very unusual circumstances. Not all killed by powerful spawn or in their wake end up here, but a few. It is an afterlife, of sorts. Yon city is Sigil. We can never go back to where we were, but we can live on here."

Oh, very nice! :twisted: I really liked this, it's good to know that Yoshi isn't suffering eternal torment or anything. Will we see more of him?

Haer'Dalis saw Garrick lead Yoshimo into the city. "Another Bhaalspawn victim. I suppose we should count ourselves fortunate that only about one in ten of their victims finds their way here; the place is getting crowded as it is."

Aha...so Haer'Dalis will be well prepared for who Adrian is.

Adrian's strategy had worked, after a fashion. They had taken on each golem one at a time, using the weapons that each was vulnerable to. As Jan and Edwin had suspected, the other golems had stood silent, not aiding their fellows, each obeying it's instructions to guard the treasures of the room to the letter.

That is *very* satisfying. :twisted:

So it was that after a long sleep that Jan finally opened the other secret door, and they tramped down into the darkness.

Time to deal with TorGal then!
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Arcalian

Posted 28 June 2003 - 02:26 PM

>Oh, very nice! :wink: I really liked this, it's good to know that Yoshi isn't suffering eternal torment or anything. Will we see more of him?<

Probably; I don't know. I didn't even know I was gonna write him in this chapter until about 20 minutes beforehand.

>Aha...so Haer'Dalis will be well prepared for who Adrian is. <

H'D will not be a permanent party member, but he will have some interesting things to do with the party at certain points in the narrative.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#5 Weyoun

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:14 PM

Yoshimo stood awkwardly on nothing and bowed to the bard. "Where are we? And who are you?"

LOL! Well, that's a cheerful place to spend eternity, I suppose...

LOL! Looks like the Bhaalies have been busy as bees. :wink:

And onto who knows? :)

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#6 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:29 AM

Nice.

Nice!

NICE!

The Sigilian afterlife for the Bhaalspawn victims is GREAT! You really are a maestro of villain / NPC cutscenes...the very epic, wide-lens style of the Adrian Saga is very much to my liking.

I also like the idea of the Bspawn victims accumulating...adding to the 'Highlander' feel of things. I *also* like it, and the Melissan cutscenes, because IMO it retains the proper focus of the saga; Irenicus is really just a side-jaunt (as the middle movements of trilogies often are).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com