But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times
I never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head,
If not for me then you would be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground

-Kryptonite, Three Doors Down

“Is she gonna be alright?” Imoen asked, looking worriedly at the half-elf that Vexk was carrying. The black werewolf met her gaze, nodding curtly.

“She’s in shock,” Shanka explained, “Vexk is doing the best she can, Jae should be alright.”

Jaheira was shivering, despite the fact that she was wrapped in a woolen cloak, and nestled against the werewolf’s thick fur. Slowly the adventurers ascended, out of the dungeon and into a busy marketplace. A huge crater had been ripped into the cool stone, and at the bottom of the pit, battling with thieves, their captor.

Carefully, Vexk set the druid down, then leapt. Her claws dug into the loose stone as she scrambled down the incline to face her own personal tormenter. With a rattling snarl, she charged for him. The werewolf found herself lifted up into the air, then slammed into the ground. Shaking herself to clear her vision, she got back up and went for him again.

She stopped just short of the magical barrier he had raised about him, and crouched there, waiting for another chance. He turned to her, his cold blue eyes appraising the situation.

“So Bhaalspawn,” he mused, “You have escaped. For what purpose, I wonder?” a cold grin flashed upon his features, “How long do you think you have? How long before you kill your own comrades?”

A low growl was her reply.

“You only have so long, beast. It will be interesting to watch, who will you kill, I wonder. Who will be the first? The Rashemite, the thief? Or the druid?”

She went for him again, and this got her thrown farther. The werewolf hit the stone wall hard, falling dazed to the ground as her body began to repair the damage.

“No!” she heard Imoen shout, “You’re not going to hurt us anymore!”

Several spheres of magic crashed into Irenicus’ form, he barely flinched. He and Imoen promptly got into a shouting match, culminating in a group of gray-robed wizards appearing and taking them away. Vexk seethed as she climbed her way back up to where the others were.

“We’ll get her back, Wolfy,” Shanka promised, hugging her sister. The party moved on, to an inn in the Slums district. Vexk carried Jaheira upstairs and put her in bed, covering the druid with as many blankets as she could find. Then she shifted into full wolf form, curling up on the floor near the fireplace.

Shanka was downstairs with the others, drinking. The half-elven rogue was glad that they had somewhere to stay, but she missed Imoen terribly. So she sat at a table with Minsc and Yoshimo, talking and trying not to think about the dungeon.

“My lady, what brings you to this cesspool of corruption,” a voice interjected. She looked up to see a human man with a beard, dressed in full plate.

“Waiting…” she replied. He gave her a quizzical look.

“Waiting for my druidic friend to recover from seeing her dead husband torn into little pieces in a dungeon, where my twin sister burned his corpse so the mage couldn’t hurt him anymore, then carried the druid out of the dungeon because she was in shock, until we made it to the surface where she put her down and attacked the mage who tortured us, but he kidnapped our kid sister, well practically anyway, so then she picked her back up and came here, so we could rest and drink,” Shanka said, without taking a breath.

The man’s jaw dropped.

“Care to join us…” Shanka held out a hand.

“Anomen Delryn,” he replied.

“Shanka Nimayr,” she said, “And this is Minsc, and that’s Yoshimo, my new partner in crime.”

The Kara-Turan mock-bowed, a slight grin evident on his features. Minsc brandished his hamster in the man’s direction.

“To Minsc and Boo,” Shanka toasted, slamming down another tankard of ale.

“So, what are your plans?” Anomen asked.

“Well, I suppose we’ll find the mage and get Imoen back,” Shanka replied.

“Ah, a quest for a childhood friend,” Anomen mused, “Have you any need of a person such as myself, to aid you?”

The half-elf pondered that for a moment, “You’d have to ask Vexk, she’s the one that pulls the strings in this party. Until she comes back, you’re more than welcome to join us in commiserating.”

“That would be wonderful, my lady,” the human stated, bowing somewhat stiffly.

“The name’s Shanka,” she answered, “I’m not too keen on the whole ‘my lady’ thing.”

With that, she got up and headed for the bar.

“Is she always like that?” Anomen asked. Yoshimo shrugged, trying not to grin.

“Shanka may be small, but she administers a swift kick of JUSTICE to all nasty, evil, hamster-eating things in our way!” Minsc rambled on.

They heard a loud crash near the bar, and rose, to see what all the commotion was about.

“Salvanas, you old dog!”

Uh-oh, Yoshimo thought, she was already in trouble.

An elven man was on the floor, still in his chair, and Shanka was straddling his waist. Apparently she had pounced on him. None of the drunks nearby were paying them any attention.

“How’ve you been, Sal?” Shanka asked, a lopsided grin plastered across her face. The elf looked up at her, and began laughing. Yoshimo and Anomen simply stared at the two. Slowly, Shanka rose and helped the elven man up.

“It’s good to see you again, Shanks,” the elf greeted, “Where’s Fang?”

“Upstairs, making sure Jae’s alright.”

“You sure they’re not, you know…” Salvanas waggled his eyebrows.

Shanka slugged him in the arm, becoming serious in an instant, “Don’t even joke about that, Khalid’s dead.”

The man’s face fell, “Stutters is dead? How? What…”

“C’mon, Sal,” Shanka led him toward the table, “It’s a long story.”

Jaheira groaned as she woke. Her green eyes scanned her surroundings, stopping on the wolf next to the fire. The canine’s gray eyes snapped open under her scrutiny and it walked over, shifting back into the familiar form of Vexk.

“Hey, Jae,” Vexk murmured, “How are you feeling?”

“Fine,” the druid replied, sitting up and nodding, before hiding a wince.

“You are a liar,” the lycanthrope replied, “Hold still.”

Long, slender fingers ran across the druid’s scalp, stopping when they found a rather nasty bump. Strange words slipped over the half-elf’s lips, and pale blue energy enveloped her hands. The injury faded.

“Anywhere else?” Vexk asked.

“No.”

“Are you lying to me again?”

“Do you really want to push my buttons today?”

“Point taken,” the lycanthrope said, raising her hands in mock surrender, “I’m going downstairs, would you like anything?”

Jaheira shook her head, waited until Vexk had gone, then laid back down, staring at the ceiling. The tears came.

“VESHK!” Shanka greeted, as her sister walked over, getting up and attempting to hug her. Instead, she managed to stumble, trip and fall into her twin. Vexk caught her.

“How many?” she asked Salvanas.

“Too many, Fang,” he replied.

“Toooooo…many whatsh?” Shanka asked. Vexk rolled her eyes as her twin promptly passed out.

“The fun never ends, does it?” she asked no one in particular, before scooping her sister up and carrying her up the stairs. A few minutes later, she returned, sitting beside Salvanas. He was snickering.

“She didn’t say anything did she?” Vexk asked.

“She has some very interesting theories on the nature of your sex life,” Salvanas said, smirked.

“By the gods,” Vexk muttered, “Why wasn’t I an only child? Why?”

He patted her shoulder, a gesture meant to be comforting. It would have been if he had not hit the shoulder with bite-marks still in it. She hissed, her eyes watering.

“Do not do that,” she snarled.

“Whoa, I’m sorry, Vexk,” he removed his hand from her shoulder quickly, “Are you alright?”

“No,” she replied simply, stopping a passing waitress and ordering a drink.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” he asked.

“No.”

“Fine, be that way,” Salvanas retorted, “By the way, this is Anomen, Shanka wanted you to tell him whether or not he can come with you guys.”

The lycanthrope looked at the human, “Why not? Welcome aboard, Anomen.”

“A pleasure to meet you, my lady,” the man extended his hand, “I am Anomen Delryn, a priest in the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.”

“Vexk Nimayr,” she replied, “The local lycanthrope.”

“You…You’re a werebeast?” Anomen asked, looking a little nervous.

She nodded, “Werewolf, to be exact. Don’t worry, I’m not about to shift without knowing it and kill you all in your sleep.”

The repercussions of what she had just said seemed like a death knoll in her ears. She gave a fake smile, taking her drink from the serving-girl.

“Are you sure that consuming alcohol is a wise decision, in light of your sister’s reaction?” Anomen asked.

“It’s herbal tea,” Vexk said, taking a sip, “I don’t drink.”

Salvanas grinned, “She’s a little nature-girl. Flowers and trees and a few leaves short of a druid.”

Vexk growled at him, “So what are you doing in Athkatla?”

“Viconia and I came here after she ran into some…trouble in Beregost,” the elf replied.

Vexk nodded, then rose from her chair, “Don’t stay up too late, dear.”

“I’m touched,” Salvanas replied sarcastically. Vexk retrieved another mug of tea and a plate of food, heading upstairs.

She didn’t knock, but simply walked into Jaheira’s room, noting that the druid was asleep again, set the mug and the plate on the bedstand, and walked out. She walked into the room she and Shanka were sharing, and collapsed onto the bed.

She dreamt of a time when she ran the woods, and a smiling wild-elven druid who kissed her on Midsummer’s Night.

Hope ya liked it. Next will be a prequel of sorts about Sal and Vic's little problem in Beregost.

H'kira n' the Wolf

#2 Guest_Hunter_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 03:04 PM

[quote]
She stopped just short of the magical barrier he had raised about him, and crouched there, waiting for another chance. He turned to her, his cold blue eyes appraising the situation.
[/quote]

They eyes of a madman.

[quote]
“So Bhaalspawn,” he mused, “You have escaped. For what purpose, I wonder?” a cold grin flashed upon his features, “How long do you think you have? How long before you kill your own comrades?”
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

She heard the truth in his words.

[quote]
“My lady, what brings you to this cesspool of corruption,” a voice interjected. She looked up to see a human man with a beard, dressed in full plate.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

But not for him.

[quote]
“Waiting for my druidic friend to recover from seeing her dead husband torn into little pieces in a dungeon, where my twin sister burned his corpse so the mage couldn’t hurt him anymore, then carried the druid out of the dungeon because she was in shock, until we made it to the surface where she put her down and attacked the mage who tortured us, but he kidnapped our kid sister, well practically anyway, so then she picked her back up and came here, so we could rest and drink,” Shanka said, without taking a breath.
[/quote]

I bet that she's one of those who can say up to 300 words a minute.

[quote]
“Shanka Nimayr,” she said, “And this is Minsc, and that’s Yoshimo, my new partner in crime.”
[/quote]

How ironic.

[quote]
They heard a loud crash near the bar, and rose, to see what all the commotion was about.
[/quote]

[quote]
“Salvanas, you old dog!”
[/quote]

:) The skirt-chaser in action.

[quote]
[/quote]

Of course he would think that.

[quote]
Jaheira shook her head, waited until Vexk had gone, then laid back down, staring at the ceiling. The tears came.
[/quote]

;) He was such a nice man.

[quote]
“VESHK!” Shanka greeted, as her sister walked over, getting up and attempting to hug her. Instead, she managed to stumble, trip and fall into her twin. Vexk caught her.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Enough to knock a horse out cold.

[quote]
[/quote]

Understandable.

[quote]
[/quote]

And inher present condition, that's probably wise.

Salvanas grinned, “She’s a little nature-girl. Flowers and trees and a few leaves short of a druid.”
[/quote]

Flower power.

[quote]
Hope ya liked it. Next will be a prequel of sorts about Sal and Vic's little problem in Beregost.
[/quote]

I'm looking forward too it.

Hunter

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 26 June 2003 - 03:54 PM

Jaheira was shivering, despite the fact that she was wrapped in a woolen cloak, and nestled against the werewolf’s thick fur. Slowly the adventurers ascended, out of the dungeon and into a busy marketplace. A huge crater had been ripped into the cool stone, and at the bottom of the pit, battling with thieves, their captor.

Liked how you expanded on Jaheira's pain and suffering... I always though it rather sadistical that she would be easily killing those goblins in the dungeon minutes after finding Khalid... :wink:

So she's alrady facing that risk without even all this Slayer thingy...

“We’ll get her back, Wolfy,” Shanka promised, hugging her sister. The party moved on, to an inn in the Slums district. Vexk carried Jaheira upstairs and put her in bed, covering the druid with as many blankets as she could find. Then she shifted into full wolf form, curling up on the floor near the fireplace.

Poor druid is not able to cope with it at all... understandably... :)

That's a pretty shocking summary :)

Er, what else? Of course, before that you will have to run countless little errands...

“Salvanas, you old dog!”

Ah, the slimy womanizer ;)

“How’ve you been, Sal?” Shanka asked, a lopsided grin plastered across her face. The elf looked up at her, and began laughing. Yoshimo and Anomen simply stared at the two. Slowly, Shanka rose and helped the elven man up.

Huh?

That man can only think about one thing...

Doesn't she do it daily? :)

Awww :) Somebody coddle the poor druid...

“She has some very interesting theories on the nature of your sex life,” Salvanas said, smirked.

Were there others after poor Yaera? :)

She nodded, “Werewolf, to be exact. Don’t worry, I’m not about to shift without knowing it and kill you all in your sleep.”

Hmm. :D

“Viconia and I came here after she ran into some…trouble in Beregost,” the elf replied.

Slimeball and Vicky - a couple???? :)

She dreamt of a time when she ran the woods, and a smiling wild-elven druid who kissed her on Midsummer’s Night.

Theo: Awww... and druids do it real good, do they not? :wink:

#4 Weyoun

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:16 PM

“Is she gonna be alright?” Imoen asked, looking worriedly at the half-elf that Vexk was carrying. The black werewolf met her gaze, nodding curtly.

“She’s in shock,” Shanka explained, “Vexk is doing the best she can, Jae should be alright.”

Laska : Oh, it's the sexy twins again!

Rose : *glowers at the twins, then drags Laska away by her braid* :roll:

Well, that answers that question. :roll:

The man’s jaw dropped.

Wow... Jan will fit in that party quite well. :(

Laska : Sleep with an elf, maybe? *winks*

Rose : *narrows eyes*

“Salvanas, you old dog!”

Laska : Err, I didn't mean THAT elf... :wink:

Rose : *quickly* He'll be perfect for them! Come, Las, let's go. :(

Rose : *looks back at Laska sitting in the corner* They'd BETTER be doing... you know. :lol:

Laska : Oh, do share!

Rose : Okay, shall I tell them about that cute whimper you make whenever I...

Laska : Never mind! *clams hand over Rose's mouth*

Rose : Laska'd be disappointed to hear that. GOOD! :)

Aw... :evil:

Great stuff,
---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#5 Laufey

Posted 27 June 2003 - 03:56 AM

Poor Jaheira. :(

“You only have so long, beast. It will be interesting to watch, who will you kill, I wonder. Who will be the first? The Rashemite, the thief? Or the druid?”

Surely this disease would be possible to cure, now that she's free?

Several spheres of magic crashed into Irenicus’ form, he barely flinched. He and Imoen promptly got into a shouting match, culminating in a group of gray-robed wizards appearing and taking them away. Vexk seethed as she climbed her way back up to where the others were.

I think it might be a good idea to elaborate just a little bit on this paragraph. True, we've all seen it lots of times, but your 'Imaginary Reader' may not have. :wink:

The man’s jaw dropped.

LOL! I can't blame Ano for being a little shocked.

“The name’s Shanka,” she answered, “I’m not too keen on the whole ‘my lady’ thing.”

I agree with her. :roll:

An elven man was on the floor, still in his chair, and Shanka was straddling his waist. Apparently she had pounced on him. None of the drunks nearby were paying them any attention.

A likable Salvanas? That should be an interesting change. :roll: Hope you won't mind what I'll eventually do to him too much...

Typical Jaheira.

She didn’t knock, but simply walked into Jaheira’s room, noting that the druid was asleep again, set the mug and the plate on the bedstand, and walked out. She walked into the room she and Shanka were sharing, and collapsed onto the bed.

Aww...both she and Jae have lost somebody they loved. Should give them plenty of common ground at least.
Rogues do it from behind.

#6 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:13 PM

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

They eyes of a madman.[/quote]

*nods*

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

She heard the truth in his words.[/quote]

And hated it.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

But not for him.[/quote]

LOL! Right! :wink:

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

I bet that she's one of those who can say up to 300 words a minute.[/quote]

She's very talkative :(

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

How ironic.[/quote]

Yep.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
“Salvanas, you old dog!”
[/quote]

:) The skirt-chaser in action.[/quote]

:D But of course...

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Of course he would think that.[/quote]

He's quite a character.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

;) He was such a nice man.[/quote]

*nods* :)

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Enough to knock a horse out cold.[/quote]

hehehe...

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Understandable.[/quote]

*grins* They seem to have that affect on people.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

And inher present condition, that's probably wise.[/quote]

True. Can you imagine a drunk mad werewolf?

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Flower power.[/quote]

Now all she needs is a pair of bellbottoms.

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

I'm looking forward too it.

Hunter[/quote][/quote]

H'kira n' the Wolf

#7 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:21 PM

Liked how you expanded on Jaheira's pain and suffering... I always though it rather sadistical that she would be easily killing those goblins in the dungeon minutes after finding Khalid... :(

Know what ya mean...and I thought it weird that she could just walk away from all of that too...

So she's alrady facing that risk without even all this Slayer thingy...

*nods* Sucks to be her...

Poor druid is not able to cope with it at all... understandably... :(

I always feel so bad for Jae... :cry:

That's a pretty shocking summary :(

Yep...

Er, what else? Of course, before that you will have to run countless little errands...

Shanks isn't too good with the whole "big picture" thing.

“Salvanas, you old dog!”

Ah, the slimy womanizer :wink:

hehehe...

Huh?

In my story, they've met. In fact they traveled through BG1 together :( Evil!

That man can only think about one thing...

;)

Doesn't she do it daily? :D

Vexk: *grins* Of course.

Awww :( Somebody coddle the poor druid...

Where's Theo when ya need him?

Were there others after poor Yaera? :)

No. But Jae's next in line :( :)

Hmm. :D

She needs to think before she speaks.

Slimeball and Vicky - a couple???? :)

*evil grin* Wonderful isn't it?

Theo: Awww... and druids do it real good, do they not? :D

Vexk: *nods* Very good.

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#8 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:28 PM

Laska : Oh, it's the sexy twins again!

Rose : *glowers at the twins, then drags Laska away by her braid* :)

Vexk: *grins*

Shanka: *turns bright red*

Well, that answers that question. :(

Don't you think? :wink:

The man’s jaw dropped.

Wow... Jan will fit in that party quite well. :D

LOL! I bet he would...

Laska : Sleep with an elf, maybe? *winks*

Rose : *narrows eyes*

Vexk: *sly grin* Not a bad idea...

Shanka: *turns red again* *covers her face with her hands*

“Salvanas, you old dog!”

Laska : Err, I didn't mean THAT elf... :)

Rose : *quickly* He'll be perfect for them! Come, Las, let's go. :)

I love Rose...she's very clever... ;)

Rose : *looks back at Laska sitting in the corner* They'd BETTER be doing... you know. :D

ROFLMAO! Poor poor Laska...

Laska : Oh, do share!

Rose : Okay, shall I tell them about that cute whimper you make whenever I...

Laska : Never mind! *clams hand over Rose's mouth*

hehehe...

Vexk: *grins* Do tell...

Rose : Laska'd be disappointed to hear that. GOOD! :D

hehehe...

Aw... :(

Great stuff,
---Weyoun

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

#9 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:33 PM

Poor Jaheira. :(

Surely this disease would be possible to cure, now that she's free?

Eventually... Vexk doesn't think there *is* a cure, so she's resigned to her eventual death at this point.

I think it might be a good idea to elaborate just a little bit on this paragraph. True, we've all seen it lots of times, but your 'Imaginary Reader' may not have. ;)

*grins* Thanks, Laufey. I'll work on that.

The man’s jaw dropped.

LOL! I can't blame Ano for being a little shocked.

No ya can't :wink:

I agree with her. :)

Rather annoying, isn't it?

A likable Salvanas? That should be an interesting change. :) Hope you won't mind what I'll eventually do to him too much...

It will be interesting. And I look forward to seeing what you've got planned :D

Typical Jaheira.

Trying to be invincible for the kiddies.

Aww...both she and Jae have lost somebody they loved. Should give them plenty of common ground at least.

Yeah.

Thanks,
H'kira n' the Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com