Prequel: The Bond part 3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 01:24 AM

The Bond Chapter 3

H’kira woke, yawned and slowly got out of bed. Her love, Rahas, was still asleep. She threw on some clothes and quietly left the room. Specter had gotten in the cabin somehow and the young wolf was waiting for her in the kitchen.

*Did you have fun last night, Kira?*

*As a matter of fact, yes*

*You two are a good match*

*Thanks*

*I brought you some food*

Specter dropped a pair of rabbits on the floor.

*Thanks again, Specter*

*Will you do me a favor, Kira?*

*What?*

*Let someone else cook it, your male isn’t ready to die yet.*

H’kira managed to look indignant, though she was holding in laughter. The wolf was right, her cooking was awful.

*Thanks for the warning, Specter* Rahas sent, walking into the room and wrapping his arms around H’kira, “Morning, love.”

“Morning.”

He leant in and kissed her. Specter wrinkled his muzzle.

*That’s disgusting*

*Maybe you should leave then*

*Way ahead of you Kira*

Specter trotted out the door.

H’kira and Rahas had a light breakfast of bread and went out for a walk in the forest.

*Rahas, What would you think of meeting my father? Well my foster-father.*

*What would he think of your involvement with a dark-elf?*

*I don’t know, he’s understanding though and if all else failed we could always just stay with the pack.*

*All right, when shall we go?*

*Tonight I think*

*Sounds good to me*

They shifted wolf and raced back to the cabin.

Gorion set out early in the morning. He was going to the cabin. His foster-daughter had been gone far too long and he wished to finally uncover the truth about her dead pack. He set out into the forest, today was the day.

H’kira and Rahas had set up a makeshift sparring ring in the clearing.

*Afraid, love?* H’kira queried as she drew her scimitars.

*Hardly,* the dark elf grinned and whirled his long swords.

Specter barked for them to begin, soon the wood echoed with the sound of sword on sword. The wolf cubs watched in amazement as their strange packmates whirled and dodged, slashing at each other with weaponry.

Rahasein was surprised, his love was good, better than many drow he had encountered. Their techniques differed though, he noticed, he fought with dark-elven tactics and skills learned while surviving the perils of the Underdark. She fought with a combination of Wizard-Slayer skills and wolven hunting techniques. Still, neither of them landed a blow on the other.

Gorion walked into the clearing to find his daughter locked in fierce combat with a drow. The two didn’t even notice him. He began casting, he had to protect his daughter.

H’kira was starting to feel a dull ache in her arm. Ah, she couldn’t give up, she took pride in her sword work. Specter shouted in mind-speak, *My Kira, a mage!* They stopped their duel just in time to see Gorion set off a fire arrow spell. H’kira shoved Rahas out of the way and took the arrow in her side. She collapsed.

Rahas shouted out as she fell and rushed to her side. The mage approached and raised a hand as if to fire a spell directly into him. H’kira shook her head faintly and choked out a few words, “No, father.” Rahas pulled the arrow from her side, pressing a hand down hard on the wound to staunch the blood flow. He looked up at Gorion, “There are potions in the cabinet above the sink.” The mage ran for the cabin.

Rahas held his love carefully, there was a charred hole in her side. She coughed up blood.

*Hold on, H’kira, hold on.*

*I am dammit*

*Just don’t die on me, wolves mate for life you know.*

She grinned weakly.

*I’m looking forward to it.*

He picked her up and ran to the cabin. He set her on the bed, just as Gorion found the potion. After he had gotten her to drink it she fell into a deep sleep. Rahas pulled up a chair and sat next to her.

Gorion shot him a look, “What is she to you dark elf?”

“Savior, friend, packmate, lover,” Rahas brushed a lock of long raven hued hair out of H’kira’s face. Gorion choked on the last word, What in the Nine Hells had been going on here for the last few weeks? A blue-gray wolf loped in, nuzzled H’kira fondly and curled up at the foot of the bed.

*Will she heal, dark one?*

*Yes, Specter, she will wake in a few hours.*

When H’kira finally woke she heard Gorion and Rahas talking in hushed tones. Specter looked up as she levered herself into a sitting position.

*Are you well, my Kira?*

*A little sore, but better.*

Rahas rushed to her side, “Hey there, how you feeling?”

“Like a horse ran over me,” she remarked, smiling.

“Your father is coming to terms with the fact that his daughter is involved with a dark elf, he seems to be taking it well.”

“Hmmm…this meeting didn’t exactly turn out the way I was hoping.”

“It’s not that bad, love”

She stood up and slowly walked to the door.

“Father,” She started.

“It’s alright, H’kira, I understand, well sort of, the pain in your eyes is gone though and that’s enough for me.”

“Thanks,” She hugged him, “Next time check the surroundings before you shoot.”

“Next time don’t spar with a dark elf where people might see you, you never know when some fool hero could barge in and rain on your parade.”

“Deal,” she hugged him again.

“I’m going back to Candlekeep, have fun kids.”

H’kira grinned wickedly as Rahas approached.

“What was it you said about wolves earlier?” she asked mischievously.

He raised an eyebrow.

Specter ran for the door.

Eventually Rahas had to go back to the Underdark, he wished to convert some of his people to Mielikki. He met up with his werewolf lover on the road briefly during her first adventures and was introduced to her friends who were remarkably accepting (Khalid stuttered for a while, but what’s new?). Sadly he returned to his people once again. Finally in the time H’kira spent at De’Arnise Keep he returned, for good this time. (And for all those wondering, the priestess w/the whip in part 2, bought him as a slave and was “hunting” that’s why she brought her handy dandy silver whip of doom) And their adventure continues in Chapter somethin’-or-other (whatever one’s next) of H’kira: Tales of the Silver Wolf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com