Child of Murder 18 - Shadow Puppets

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:29 PM

It's because he's a bad elf. Bad elf! But I know the feeling. :) I've been kicking Sanctity. 8's backside for a while now. :D

Kick that Sancticy. backside! Kick it!!! ;)

Yeah! Apparently I had no idea what I was talking about though, because I was actually trying to kick 11's backside. ;)

But I am happy! Why? CABLE MODEM! Oh yes! Speed IS mine! :D

I turned her... into Aerie! Bahahaha! (That was an evil laugh. :wink: ) Probably won't stay that way, but oh well. :lol:

LOL, actually, the thing is, I could see that. :)

I'm burnt out on Photoshop though, having just finished working on that painting. Gaaah...

Oooh... My husband wants to get me Photoshop or something like it, but I would have no idea how to use it. :)

What do you use now? :)

Hmm... I've been using Photoshop for about five years now (gaah) so I've forgotten how to learn. :D I think it basically came down to playing around and experimenting.

But the painting I was doing was NOT, thankfully, the terrible one I posted with Sanctity. 8. It was a big Cythandria painting, and I actually *like* it. It doesn't resemble Yoda at ALL! :D

-Nyx

#22 Guest_Kendis_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:37 PM

Yeah! Apparently I had no idea what I was talking about though, because I was actually trying to kick 11's backside. :lol:

See, it's that sleep deprivation thing! :D

But I am happy! Why? CABLE MODEM! Oh yes! Speed IS mine! :D

Woohoo! :D I... have never had anything but a boring old slow modem, so.... Woohoo! ;)

LOL, actually, the thing is, I could see that. :)

*groan* You, too? I was looking at it and thinking "This looks nothing like Arien... But it looks a little like...." And then I started playing with it, and... Argh! :D

Of course, I did always think that with all the attention that Aerie gets from the guys, she deserved to be a bit prettier than her portrait let on. :wink: I'll have to send it to you sometime! :D

What do you use now? :)

Umm... Number two pencils. :D That's pretty much it! ;) Although I did fix the eyes on that sketch with the computer. Just boring old Microsoft Paint! :D

Hmm... I've been using Photoshop for about five years now (gaah) so I've forgotten how to learn. :) I think it basically came down to playing around and experimenting.

That's often the best way! :)

But the painting I was doing was NOT, thankfully, the terrible one I posted with Sanctity. 8. It was a big Cythandria painting, and I actually *like* it. It doesn't resemble Yoda at ALL! :P

I am so excited!!! :D (And it wasn't terrible, LOL!)

-Kendis

#23 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:50 PM

See, it's that sleep deprivation thing! :D

No kidding. :) My own fault for staying up til 3am. :D

Woohoo! :D I... have never had anything but a boring old slow modem, so.... Woohoo! ;)

It's all the downloading! I am into the Sims, you see, and so I must constantly download Sim furniture. :D

*groan* You, too? I was looking at it and thinking "This looks nothing like Arien... But it looks a little like...." And then I started playing with it, and... Argh! :D

LOL! Well, what does Arien look like, anyway? :)

Of course, I did always think that with all the attention that Aerie gets from the guys, she deserved to be a bit prettier than her portrait let on. :lol: I'll have to send it to you sometime! :D

Please do! And eh, she really only gets attention from the PC and Haer'Dalis. Although I suppose that's rather a lot comparitively; Jaheira gets no attention at all, except if she's in the romance. :D But Viconia and Mazzy both get attention... especially Viconia. :wink:

Umm... Number two pencils. :P That's pretty much it! ;) Although I did fix the eyes on that sketch with the computer. Just boring old Microsoft Paint! :D

::falls over:: Paint? :D

Hmm, maybe try Paint Shop Pro?

I am so excited!!! :D (And it wasn't terrible, LOL!)

Yes it was! Come on! Yooooooooooooooda!! :)

You can be honest. :) It only took me three or four hours after all (VERY SHORT, Cythandria took 12 or more.)

Speaking of Cythandria though, here's a preview (tiny piece of the larger image!)

...I sort of need to fix her eyes, but otherwise I'm cool.

Posted Image

-Nyx

#24 Guest_Kendis_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 07:03 PM

No kidding. :) My own fault for staying up til 3am. :D

Well, I was up until 1, so I can't say much.... :)

It's all the downloading! I am into the Sims, you see, and so I must constantly download Sim furniture. :D

Of course! :D

LOL! Well, what does Arien look like, anyway? :D

*laughs* That's a very good question! ;)

Please do! And eh, she really only gets attention from the PC and Haer'Dalis. Although I suppose that's rather a lot comparitively; Jaheira gets no attention at all, except if she's in the romance. :D But Viconia and Mazzy both get attention... especially Viconia. :wink:

I'll have to play with it some more. :D The tattoo is still looking rather flat, and I was thinking of adding some of the other details....

It seems to be that she gets quite a bit of attention in stories, one way or the other. :D She's either really attractive, or really annoying. :P And I find her official portrait to be a bit of the latter, so.... :lol:

::falls over:: Paint? :D

*grins sheepishly* Yeah, I'm poor. I think I have an old copy of CorelDraw around here somewhere, but....

Hmm, maybe try Paint Shop Pro?

Definitely something to think about! :D

Yes it was! Come on! Yooooooooooooooda!! :)

Noooo! :D Hey, some of us can't even draw Yoda on the computer! ;)

You can be honest. :) It only took me three or four hours after all (VERY SHORT, Cythandria took 12 or more.)

That sketch took me probably 4-6 hours (off and on) to get to where I was happy with it! Argh! :D And it was a pencil sketch!

Speaking of Cythandria though, here's a preview (tiny piece of the larger image!)

...I sort of need to fix her eyes, but otherwise I'm cool.

Yay! :D Gorgeous, as always!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

-K

#25 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 07:24 PM

Well, I was up until 1, so I can't say much.... :)

Argh! Nightowls are we! :D

Of course! :D

And yet... I never actually play. How weird is that?!

LOL! Well, what does Arien look like, anyway? :)

*laughs* That's a very good question! :lol:

LOL! I guess you were going for a feel, maybe? I remember that the first chapter had a description of contrasts, basically, between her and Deheriana, but it wasn't a look at her looks exactly...

I'll have to play with it some more. :) The tattoo is still looking rather flat, and I was thinking of adding some of the other details....

Feathers! Beads! What's with Amnish fashion, anyway?

It seems to be that she gets quite a bit of attention in stories, one way or the other. :) She's either really attractive, or really annoying. :D And I find her official portrait to be a bit of the latter, so.... :wink:

LOL! Well, stories and game aren't always the same, really, and on a personal level when I think of a character I think of the game character. Which isn't to say that I don't appreciate different interpretations, just that I can't form an opinion of a character based on other people's visions; I have to go back to the source, and unless I'm talking about a specific version I'm always thinking of the canon one.

...I think her portrait is bizarre looking, by the way. ;) She looks a bit drugged and her face is assymmetrical. :P

I often wonder which characters were intended to be attractive and which weren't. As far as I know, the only ones who were specifically labeled good looking were Viconia, Sarevok and Safana.

*grins sheepishly* Yeah, I'm poor. I think I have an old copy of CorelDraw around here somewhere, but....

Paint Shop Pro! Paint Shop Pro! Seriously, it's shareware, but as far as I remember the only thing not paying does is annoy you with a popup screen. Do you use a mouse or a tablet?

That sketch took me probably 4-6 hours (off and on) to get to where I was happy with it! Argh! :D And it was a pencil sketch!

LOL, that's okay. I think the original pencil Cythandria took about that long. ;)

Yay! :D Gorgeous, as always!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Aww, thank you. :D

You know the worst part of drawing, to me? Noses!

-Nyx

#26 Guest_Kendis_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:32 PM

Argh! Nightowls are we! :D

Hoot! :shock:

LOL! I guess you were going for a feel, maybe? I remember that the first chapter had a description of contrasts, basically, between her and Deheriana, but it wasn't a look at her looks exactly...

Argh! It's so frustrating! :) I know what she looks like, but whenever I try to picture her clearly enough to draw her.... Argh! :roll:

I know!!! ;)

LOL! Well, stories and game aren't always the same, really, and on a personal level when I think of a character I think of the game character. Which isn't to say that I don't appreciate different interpretations, just that I can't form an opinion of a character based on other people's visions; I have to go back to the source, and unless I'm talking about a specific version I'm always thinking of the canon one.

That makes sense. :)

...I think her portrait is bizarre looking, by the way. :) She looks a bit drugged and her face is assymmetrical. :D

*smacks her forehead* That's exactly what I think!!! :D I mean, come on!

I often wonder which characters were intended to be attractive and which weren't. As far as I know, the only ones who were specifically labeled good looking were Viconia, Sarevok and Safana.

*thinks* True.... But all of them are up for interpretation! *grin*

Paint Shop Pro! Paint Shop Pro! Seriously, it's shareware, but as far as I remember the only thing not paying does is annoy you with a popup screen. Do you use a mouse or a tablet?

Mouse, actually. Shareware, you say? *evil grin* Okay, so I know what I'm going to be checking out this afternoon....

Aww, thank you. :D

Aww... You're welcome! :D

Noses!!! I completely agree! I always make them too long!!! That's the thing that bugs me the most about that sketch. Her nose is a bit too long and her hairline is a little low. Argh! :D

-K

#27 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:43 PM

Argh! It's so frustrating! :) I know what she looks like, but whenever I try to picture her clearly enough to draw her.... Argh! :shock:

Arrgh, I know that feeling! Just like I know the feeling of not being able to get down the vision in your head! My Darviths are never quite what I'm picturing (although sometimes they get fairly close, but never close enough...) and my main painting of Azura makes her look too short and a bit... vacuous. Cythandria's painting is better in the vacuousness department, but she's not as beautiful as she's supposed to be.

Grrrrrr!!!

I know!!! :roll:

And what's with the artist's tattoo and piercing obsession?! O_o

Argh! I always try to dress a character the way they'd want to dress, you know? I have trouble picturing Jaheira sitting down and filling her hair with beads, or Edwin getting a nosering (although Laufey hit that one well, hehe.) Oh well, might just be me. :)

...I think her portrait is bizarre looking, by the way. ;) She looks a bit drugged and her face is assymmetrical. :D

*smacks her forehead* That's exactly what I think!!! :D I mean, come on!

Plus, again, what's with the feathers and the tattoos?

*thinks* True.... But all of them are up for interpretation! *grin*

Oh yeah. The way I work is, if they're specifically labelled attractive, I assume they are actually attractive. If nothing is said either way, it just depends on how I envision the character. I think Edwin is adorable, and so is Anomen. :) Actually think Cernd and Keldorn are good eyecandy too, lol :D

Mouse, actually. Shareware, you say? *evil grin* Okay, so I know what I'm going to be checking out this afternoon....

Muahahahahaha!!!

Noses!!! I completely agree! I always make them too long!!! That's the thing that bugs me the most about that sketch. Her nose is a bit too long and her hairline is a little low. Argh! :D

Hee hee! Maybe we should be anime artists. They hardly draw noses at all... :D

-Nyx

#28 Guest_Kendis_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 09:16 PM

Arrgh, I know that feeling! Just like I know the feeling of not being able to get down the vision in your head! My Darviths are never quite what I'm picturing (although sometimes they get fairly close, but never close enough...) and my main painting of Azura makes her look too short and a bit... vacuous. Cythandria's painting is better in the vacuousness department, but she's not as beautiful as she's supposed to be.

Grrrrrr!!!

Grrrr, indeed! :D

And what's with the artist's tattoo and piercing obsession?! O_o

Excellent point! Now, some of them work all right, but some.... *blinks*

Argh! I always try to dress a character the way they'd want to dress, you know? I have trouble picturing Jaheira sitting down and filling her hair with beads, or Edwin getting a nosering (although Laufey hit that one well, hehe.) Oh well, might just be me. :)

Good point. :D That's one of the things I love about the drawings on your website. Imoen is in a normal shirt and pants. Which is how I had always pictured Imoen. And Jaheira looks like Jaheira, and Sarevok looks like Sarevok.... And The Kivan Picture....

*drools and goes a bit unfocused for a minute*

*snaps back*

Oh, where was I? :D

Plus, again, what's with the feathers and the tattoos?

It's the.... feather... and tattoo... thing. :)

Oh yeah. The way I work is, if they're specifically labelled attractive, I assume they are actually attractive. If nothing is said either way, it just depends on how I envision the character. I think Edwin is adorable, and so is Anomen. :D Actually think Cernd and Keldorn are good eyecandy too, lol :D

Good point. :D

(Keldorn is quite the sexy older man, isn't he?)

Muahahahahaha!!!

:shock: :roll: ;)

That's assuming, of course, that I can actually get off this board long enough to do anything else! *laughs*

*shudder* :)

-K

#29 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 09:34 PM

Grrrr, indeed! :)

Don't you just want to jump the Muse and sort of... yell at her? :D

Excellent point! Now, some of them work all right, but some.... *blinks*

Yeah! ::blinks:: is right! :D

At least he didn't give Jaheira a tattoo. If he had, I really would have been, you know... :shock:

Good point. :) That's one of the things I love about the drawings on your website. Imoen is in a normal shirt and pants. Which is how I had always pictured Imoen. And Jaheira looks like Jaheira, and Sarevok looks like Sarevok.... And The Kivan Picture....

Aww, thank you! :D The only thing is, I don't know how Viconia would dress, hehe. I suppose Anomen is a Plate Mail Guy. :D

*drools and goes a bit unfocused for a minute*

*snaps back*

Oh, where was I? :D

;)

I'm so glad you liked it! :D

(Keldorn is quite the sexy older man, isn't he?)

Oh yeah! He's all... Sean Connery. Except... not that much older. :D

That's assuming, of course, that I can actually get off this board long enough to do anything else! *laughs*

:) Empathy again! :D ::looks at her pitiful two paragraphs of Sanctity. 11::

*shudder* :roll:

LOL!!!! Aww, poor Anime. :D

(I almost typed Anomen. Is that a Freudian Slip or what?! :D)

-Nyx

#30 Anaviel

Posted 13 December 2002 - 10:17 PM

I'm full of new projects, hehe. It's just a question of whether or not I ever finish them. :shock:

Lol, yeah I always have a bad habit of not finishing things..

I have to get ahead! I'm doing two serii, and it's just too much, lol :) Especially now that CoM has almost caught up with itself...

And yes you do need to finish the next chapter! :D

One of these days I'll lock myself in my room and get the next couple of chapters done...then maybe I'll be ahead for once :D

...I wonder how many of us have original novel projects running in the background. :) I have one!

A lot I'd imagine :D...Maybe someday one of us will actually publish one. Of course at the rate I'm going, mine will probably never be finished nevermind published. :

No kidding. Funny how they always pick on the heavily armed and armored PCs. O_o Strange tastes. :D

They'd probably have better luck if they found some nobles to pick on :D

Probably some sputtering and mumbles about inbred northerners. ;)

hehehe, probably lol.

Katora: This woman apparently knows absolutely nothing about mages and if she didn't look so ridiculous I'd be tempeted to send a magic missle into her gut.

Darvith: Oh, do. You would be assailed by the Cowled Wizards of course, but I am more than willing to take care of them for you.

Katora: I would, but then I'd just be proving her point. Besides, it's hard to cast a spell when you're too busy laughing at your target.

ROFL! Or mine, when she's begging for Doritos. O_o

Hehehe, mine will beg for any sorta food :roll:

I'm really hoping it's symbolic. :) Really. ;D

I'd like to think that is, because it's just way to ridiculous to be taken at face value :D
Crazy? I used to be crazy. Then they put me in a white room. Then I died then they put me in a box with worms. Worms drive me crazy.
Crazy? I used to be crazy....

#31 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 10:28 PM

I'm full of new projects, hehe. It's just a question of whether or not I ever finish them. :roll:

Lol, yeah I always have a bad habit of not finishing things..

Ah, the wonder of shared vices. For me, it's mostly pictures; stories get posted, and then I feel sort of obligated to continue them. At least I'm assuming that's why I keep up with the writing, and I'm probably right, given that I can't finish my novel, but I've already written something like 110,000 words of CoM and 50,000 or so of Sanctity. My own story reached... like 27,000 and then stalled like an old car. :)

One of these days I'll lock myself in my room and get the next couple of chapters done...then maybe I'll be ahead for once :D

Hehe, wouldn't that feel good? :D I'm thinking about Tenebrous who, last I heard, was something like 25 chapters ahead. :shock: I can't quite get up to five!

A lot I'd imagine :D...Maybe someday one of us will actually publish one. Of course at the rate I'm going, mine will probably never be finished nevermind published. :

Same here. :) Especially if new story ideas keep popping into my head and killing the glamour of the old ones. :)

Darvith: Oh, do. You would be assailed by the Cowled Wizards of course, but I am more than willing to take care of them for you.

Katora: I would, but then I'd just be proving her point. Besides, it's hard to cast a spell when you're too busy laughing at your target.

Darvith: Mmm... well yes, there is that. Perhaps I could impale her. That doesn't take nearly as much concentration.

Nyx: Bad Darvith! No cookie!

I'm really hoping it's symbolic. ;) Really. ;D

I'd like to think that is, because it's just way to ridiculous to be taken at face value :D

What, you can't take the image of Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal sitting down and playing knucklebones (after the bowling thing didn't work out :D) for divine portfolios seriously? Hehehehe. :D

-Nyx

#32 Anaviel

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:20 PM

Ah, the wonder of shared vices. For me, it's mostly pictures; stories get posted, and then I feel sort of obligated to continue them. At least I'm assuming that's why I keep up with the writing, and I'm probably right, given that I can't finish my novel, but I've already written something like 110,000 words of CoM and 50,000 or so of Sanctity. My own story reached... like 27,000 and then stalled like an old car. :lol:

Heh, mine is only about 21,000 words long. "The Long Road" is catching up though...For me it's probably that no one actually gets to read my original work so I don't have much motivation for finishing it. Plus I have a bad habit of procastinating. :lol:

Hehe, wouldn't that feel good? :) I'm thinking about Tenebrous who, last I heard, was something like 25 chapters ahead. :) I can't quite get up to five!

Neither can I. I envy people who can get that far ahead..

Same here. :lol: Especially if new story ideas keep popping into my head and killing the glamour of the old ones. :lol:

Heh, that's always happening to me...it's almost a miracle that I get anything finished :lol:

Darvith: Mmm... well yes, there is that. Perhaps I could impale her. That doesn't take nearly as much concentration.

Katora: It'd serve her right, I think. Though it's probably not worth the effort. Anyway, I don't usually approve of killing 'innocents' even if they are ignorant nobles who don't know what they're talking about.

What, you can't take the image of Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal sitting down and playing knucklebones (after the bowling thing didn't work out :D) for divine portfolios seriously? Hehehehe. :D

Not really LOL :lol:
Crazy? I used to be crazy. Then they put me in a white room. Then I died then they put me in a box with worms. Worms drive me crazy.
Crazy? I used to be crazy....

#33 Guest_Kendis_*

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:27 PM

Don't you just want to jump the Muse and sort of... yell at her? :)

On so many levels!!! :lol:

Yeah! ::blinks:: is right! :D

At least he didn't give Jaheira a tattoo. If he had, I really would have been, you know... :lol:

I totally cannot see Jaheira ever having a tattoo....

Aww, thank you! :D The only thing is, I don't know how Viconia would dress, hehe. I suppose Anomen is a Plate Mail Guy. :D

Oooh, now Viconia would be fun.... :lol:

I'm so glad you liked it! :D

"Like it" isn't the term.... :)

Oh yeah! He's all... Sean Connery. Except... not that much older. :D

Sean Connery.... *goes all dreamy-eyed*

:lol: Empathy again! :D ::looks at her pitiful two paragraphs of Sanctity. 11::

*looks at her... absolutely no paragraphs of Im Suular and goes nuts*

:lol:

LOL!!!! Aww, poor Anime. :D

(I almost typed Anomen. Is that a Freudian Slip or what?! :D)

*snicker* I can completely understand that. :lol: Except he has a nose! *grin*

-K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com