Photo

Quiz Description: Twists

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Posted 26 May 2003 - 03:10 AM

Arelius is an avid gamer. Being put on the CRPG path many years ago, his first experience with the genre was Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Inception, followed quickly with Wasteland, and a plethora of others. Wasteland remains a favorite and a standard by which all games have been compared too due to the wide variety of game play offered by it. To think, it only required two floppies, yet provided a month or so of excellent, story driven, gamming, and still did things today's 'advanced', multi-CD, CRPG's can only dream of. Recently, though, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, has finally succeeded in replacing that old standard with it's exceptional in-party character development, something which seems so obvious, but has been missing from CRPG's to date. He also thoroughly enjoys the tactical side of gaming, preferring turn-based strategy. I think that comes from a strong desire to pause the game when spouse or child demand attention, or else.

In more normal pursuits, he has a day job as a lead systems engineer for a major military force, and an occasional night job as a keyboardist for a classic rock/blues band in the local music scene. He leads a software development team that rivals our own party formations at times, and sometimes, keeping them together and focused proves a tougher challenge than ours could ever provide. He has many years of experience in programming and systems design in the field of military simulations. In the future, he hopes to save the world through properly coded and documented objects. Either that, or just pick up a few extra bucks to support his gaming habit.

Twists

Twist (twist) 1. a sudden, unanticipated change of course, as of events. 2. a novel treatment, method, etc.

It’s time to give our NPC friends a break and let one of our own take the helm of the ship that bears the name ‘Attic’. Yes, we all know how I like it, with a twist. Once more I return to the Attic as host with the intentions of making you look outside the confines of the game. That is your assignment for this quiz, to find ways of making the story of Baldure’s Gate 2 unique to your own style. What would you do differently were the story in your hands? How would you have decided to use the various places, events, and items that exist in the game? Using the Rift Device to destroy Bodhi, turning the slayer into a pet for Imoen, making a hamster fly, are all examples of twists I have used in my stories. Now it’s your turn.

Explore for a time the many ways that items and events can be woven into different contexts. Enjoy, and have fun. I am an easy host, and will give full credit for the romances many of you are already working on that are with other NPC’s besides the ones given to you by the game. Surprise me. You know how I like it.

Arelius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com