Photo

Quiz Description: Aspects of Affection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Posted 26 May 2003 - 02:56 AM

There are many of us. We live in every reality, each formed by a different world, each born to a different mother. Like snowflakes, there are no two alike. I am but one.

Allow me to introduce myself, then. I am Darvith, and some may know of me. To those who do, any introduction I might conceive would be redundant. To those who do not, any introduction would pointless. After all, we are not here to speak of me, but of you.

Aspects of Affection

I welcome you, my brethren, though you perhaps do not feel so warmly in return. Still, for this moment, we might try to get along, hm? Though separated by the thin fabric of realities, we are siblings, after all. Let us, then, get a bit closer, and perhaps learn more about one another.

Let us discuss, for a moment, the concept of love. We all love, do we not? Even inside the darkest hearts there lurks the spectre of sweet affection, or perhaps the threat of it. The weakness in the armor of even the hardest souls. We are born creatures of passion. Discouraged by circumstance, such strength of feeling can certainly weaken, but it can never be destroyed.

There are many sorts of affection as well. Love can be breathtaking, frustrating, painful, pleasurable, overwhelming, bittersweet, violent, gentle, passionate, tender or many different things simultaneously. It comes in waves or all at once, and may last for eternity or vanish inside the space of a breath. There is the love of a child for a parent or a parent for a child. There is the love of a sibling, or a lover. The love of priest for deity, warrior for battle, or of miser for money. The love of excitement, the love of vows, the love of freedom, or of death. There are loves obsessive or empty, requited and unrequited.

What are those things, then, my brethren, which take your breath away? The thoughts that steall your will and flood your voice with song, and your heart with joy? Those things you love most? Tell me your tales, fellow Children, and of course, our visitors as well.

I am told that it is customary to say here that deviations from topic are encouraged as well, and certainly I will not be a party to the repression of one's muse. I await your words, your tales, and your thoughts most eagerly.

Darvith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com