Photo

Quiz Description: Staring Into The Abyss

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Posted 26 May 2003 - 02:30 AM

Oh, you want to know some things about me, then? Well, I'm an elf... A moon-elf at that. I have auburn hair and green eyes. My greatest loves are my tattoos and I enjoy drinking, as well as a good fight any day. That's basically it, really. Oh, and people say I am quick to anger, but that is an exaggeration, I can assure you! *grin*

Staring into the Abyss

You might be wondering what am I doing here. Well, I'm here to pose a question to you good people. You see, there comes a time in every person's life where he or she has to perform a deed which is not in agreement with that person's beliefs. And what effect will this have on this persons' psyche, how does one mentally deal with...

Oh, sod it! I'm sorry, but I always tend to get a bit philosophical when I've had a few pints. Basically, the question I'm asking is this: People tend to put themselves and those around them in pigeonholes, which are clearly labeled and ordered. But you and I both know the real world doesn't work that way. There is sometimes no avoiding the grey area between good and evil.

How does, for example, a Paladin deal with the choice between the lesser of two evils to further his or her goals and what goes through his mind as he or she does so? Would an evil Necromancer throw coins in a beggar's hat and what would go through his mind as he or she does so? How does such a person keep from crossing the line between good and evil? As one Bhaalspawn to another, we all know how our companions react to our actions, but what do we think of ourselves after such a deed?

Anyway, write what you wish, on-topic or otherwise! I am on holidays of a sort, so I'll be happy to sit back in the chair to read your stories, while sipping my drink with my free hand...

Laska

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com