Photo

Quiz Description: Fancy Meeting You Here!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Posted 26 May 2003 - 01:10 AM

What to say, what to say? I’m a happily married stay-at-home mom who lives in the Northwestern United States. I’ve been writing since about age 9, when I was given a school assignment in which I was supposed to write a one-page story on a dream that I had. Mine soon turned into a twelve-page tale about a beautiful laser-pistol carrying heroine who rescues the handsome ship’s captain from the evil alien prison and saves the universe in the process. Hard to believe you can tell a story like that in twelve pages, but that’s how it started, and I’ve never looked back.

Let’s see, if I were a Baldur’s Gate character? Well, that’s interesting, actually. According to my real life stats, I should be a mage of some pretty serious power, but I always seem to find my game self whacking evil with a couple of long swords and a wicked grin. I guess that’s why they call it fantasy, hmm? *grin*

Fancy Meeting You Here!

/Images/Kaelis.jpgWhen I first proposed the idea of the now-infamous Chapter 28 of Journey to the North, I had no idea how tremendous the response was going to be! The idea of writing Bhaalspawn characters from other Attic stories into my own seemed to strike a chord with you, and I received e-mail after e-mail from other writers, asking if their Bhaalspawn characters could be included. I was thrilled! Writing Chapter 28 has been a long process, and the chapter itself is much longer than anything I had expected, but it’s been a lot of fun. And I hope, well worth the wait.

When Domi approached Leo and myself with the idea that Chapter 28 would be a great topic for a quiz, I was very excited and flattered. Even more so when it was suggested that I might host, and possibly even open up the quiz with the highly anticipated "guest appearances." So here I am! Hosting the Attic for the first time, ready to post Chapter 28 (finally!), and once again "Calling All Bhaalspawn!"

What we’re looking for this quiz are stories in which Bhaalspawn characters from different stories meet and interact. For example, the way that your Bhaalspawn have come to the aid of Anomen and Kaelis when they are in front of the Council. Or how "Dark Elven Mother" and "Thayvian Matriarch" have been communicating via e-mail, and discussing the habits of their wayward children, among other things.

This can be done through co-authoring, ongoing conversations, or even just writing a guest appearance into your own tale. I would ask that however you decide to do it, please get the permission of the other character’s author first. Not only is it the polite thing to do, but it can help immensely in making sure that any "guest" characters retain that unique personality and flavor that make them who they are. I don’t think I could have written Chapter 28 without all of your wonderful suggestions and corrections. Thank you!

So get mingling and meeting, and I can hardly wait to see the results!

Kendis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com