Photo

Quiz Description: Choices

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Posted 26 May 2003 - 12:57 AM

You wish to know about me? Truth be told, I am not all that fond of discussing my past, but if that is what you want, then so be it. It may or may not surprise you to learn that though I have spent most of my life in Thay, I was born across the border, in the neighboring land of Rasheman, and under the rule of the Witches. Unfortunately, my obstinate tendency not to wish to be treated like prize cattle by those ladies led me into not only conflict, but exile as well. Still, in a way it was for the best, painful as those events were. In the land of the Red Wizards I have found not only new purpose as a professional assassin, but friendship and new family as well. And I would not do without those for anything.

Choices

Greetings, Attic-goers. Having enjoyed myself reading all your different stories in the past I thought it might be an interesting challenge to take up the mantle of hosting. Unfamiliar as the task may be, it should at least prove an interesting change from my regular duties, and I do like a challenge. Here then, is my proposed assignment for you.

It occurs to me that the choices we make play an important part in defining our lives, and making us the people we are. In my own case, one such extremely important choice lay in defying the rulers of my original homeland, and without that choice I would be a completely different person today. Not necessarily happier, but certainly different.

I would like to see you explore those life-changing choices, whether they be those of your Bhaalspawn, their companions, or somebody else altogether, both the events leading up to them and the effects.

For example, what made your character chose his or her particular profession? How did they make that fatal decision between godhood and mortality, and what was the result of that choice? How did they choose during their testing in Hell, and why? What of the character forced to make a choice in love? There are plenty of other potential subjects here as well.

Then there are your companions. Keldorn’s choice between honor and family, Jaheira’s between love and old loyalty, Anomen’s choice whether or not to slay his sister’s killer, Viconia’s to pull away from her lover for his own protection, and many, many more. I would like to see you jump into the heads of these people and show us their reasoning as well as their feelings about these matters. Another alternative is to explore what might have happened had they chosen the other way.

Off-topic stories will naturally be welcome as always. And what of the choices made by those living in other worlds, on different planes of existence? Choices are universal, as are their consequences.

You have two weeks to hand in your assignments. I am certain you will not disappoint me.

Vadrak Dekaras

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com