Greetings and salutations

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:25 PM

Enjoy your time hosting, Winski! I'm sure you'll have fun.

I already do. I see that your story is up there awaiting.

Laska : Well done, friend Winski! Fight the power! Don't give in to stereotypes!

Er, thank you, I suppose. I just like uniform black better than robes and pointy hats.

Aribeth : That we're not stereotypical elves.

No, you are not. Peri is particularly bitter about that elven queen Ellesime I haven't had the displeasure of meeting.

#22 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:26 PM

It is a very good picture actually.

I am not used to attention drawn to my looks so these mentions of the picture feel a bit embarrassing, though somewhat... pleasant at the same time.

Well I'm more of a lurker around here really, mainly because I haven't got the time to write. But this is a very interesting topic and I am going to try my hardest to come up with a short on-topic story. I'm sure that I will be able to come up with something, particularly if Silver will let me borrow Kane. *laughs*

It would be a honor indeed if you found the time to write an on-topic story!

Have fun hosting!

I am already.

#23 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:30 PM

Hmm, something tells me I am going to post mostly on topic these weeks... Hopefully you find it entertaining at least.

Absolutely. Your story about Joneleth is one of our favourites. And of course I especially enjoy reading about magic.

Your new looks are appropriate. There is nothing wrong with 'not' wearing a pointy hat, although I have to admit I have a weak spot for these, since I am a big fan of a certain rough wizard who has WIZZARD embroidered with sequins on his. :wink:

Oh, him. I'd say that pointy hats and robes suit him very well, though what that tells about the garments in question I can't say.

"Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order because it is better organized."

I tend to agree with that one.

Terry Pratchett

#24 Anaviel

Posted 02 December 2002 - 09:26 PM

Hello there, Atticers. I think I'll order a potful of Kara-Turan green tea in order to honor my assignment as your host for the next two weeks. I would make a toast too, but I am afraid that alcohol and I don't mix.

Heh, toast goes alot better with coffee than alcohol :). Gah, I'm such a caffeinaholic..

I have read your stories with great interest whenever my scribe has give me the chance, and noticed that many of you have a great interest in philosophy and ethics. Thus I have hopes that you will find the topic interesting, though any story will be gladly received.

It's a great topic. It's a shame I'm not farther into 'The Long Road' because redemption doesn't become a major theme til near the end. I really need to start writing faster. But I do have an idea for an on topic story :P

Let us enjoy the talent of the writers.

Yes I can't wait to read all the new stories :).

...yes, I am really a wizard. Whoever decided that wizards should dress into robes, have long white beards and wear pointy hats (which I find, as my young friend Peri puts it, extremely 'dorky')? I do want to thank lady Ophidia for painting my portrait.

I really love the portrait. Definately better than the bright orange robes you wear in my reality :D.

#25 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:01 PM

Heh, toast goes alot better with coffee than alcohol :). Gah, I'm such a caffeinaholic..

I meant the kind of toast where you lift the glass and say cheers. But the other kind is excellent for breakfast, agreed.

It's a great topic. It's a shame I'm not farther into 'The Long Road' because redemption doesn't become a major theme til near the end. I really need to start writing faster. But I do have an idea for an on topic story :D

That is nice to hear!

I really love the portrait. Definately better than the bright orange robes you wear in my reality :).

Bright orange... bright orange!?!

#26 Anaviel

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:45 PM

I meant the kind of toast where you lift the glass and say cheers. But the other kind is excellent for breakfast, agreed.

Oh that kind of toast :). LOL I should really reading read things more carefully before replying. When I read it the first time I thought it said 'I'd bring toast..' which now that I think of it makes no sense. (This is what happens when Anaviel stays up all night writing a college admission essay and filling out college applications and then drinks tons of coffee. Not enough sleep and too much caffeine put Anaviel in a very silly mood :) )

Bright orange... bright orange!?!

Yes bright orange. I think it's how you appeared in the game if I remember right. *Laughs* That description was written almost two years ago... maybe someday I'll come up with something better. :D

#27 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:54 PM

Oh that kind of toast :). LOL I should really reading read things more carefully before replying. When I read it the first time I thought it said 'I'd bring toast..' which now that I think of it makes no sense. (This is what happens when Anaviel stays up all night writing a college admission essay and filling out college applications and then drinks tons of coffee. Not enough sleep and too much caffeine put Anaviel in a very silly mood :) )

Well, I do hope you will get into a college of your liking.

Yes bright orange. I think it's how you appeared in the game if I remember right. *Laughs* That description was written almost two years ago... maybe someday I'll come up with something better. :D

Oh my. I have almost forgotten about the game already.

#28 Guest_Nemelle_*

Posted 03 December 2002 - 01:05 AM

Interest in philosophy and ethics? Redemption and retribution?

Dude, this quiz is PERFECT for me, and for Justice.

#29 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:45 AM

Hello there, Atticers. I think I'll order a potful of Kara-Turan green tea in order to honor my assignment as your host for the next two weeks. I would make a toast too, but I am afraid that alcohol and I don't mix.

Greetings to you, glorious host!

Robert Chu: Greetings, sire. Likewise. I try to stay away from alcohol. Bars just aren't for me...yet, I seem to be easily convinced to come along.

Boilir: Oy! De whole purpose o' go'n ta a bar is ta be drink'n, lad!

Robert: I think hitting my head against the wall is better...

I have read your stories with great interest whenever my scribe has give me the chance, and noticed that many of you have a great interest in philosophy and ethics. Thus I have hopes that you will find the topic interesting, though any story will be gladly received.

I believe I may have some ideas, though they will be spoilers to my Legends story. :wink:

This is the Attic. Is there anything else to do other then that?

...yes, I am really a wizard. Whoever decided that wizards should dress into robes, have long white beards and wear pointy hats (which I find, as my young friend Peri puts it, extremely 'dorky')? I do want to thank lady Ophidia for painting my portrait.

Kellrill Silverylight: Hey! Who said they have to have robes and hats and such? Bloody heck, I won't wear 'em!

Robert: Uh...nothing to see here, folks! We're...uh...practicing for a part in a play. That's all...

Relsi Trenth: Some play.

Robert: Be quiet.

Enjoy your time hosting, great Winski Perorate!

#30 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:05 AM

Interest in philosophy and ethics? Redemption and retribution?

Dude, this quiz is PERFECT for me, and for Justice.

'Dude'... how refreshing. Sounds like a Peri word. But I am happy to hear that the quiz suits you well.

#31 Guest_Winski Perorate_*

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:09 AM

Robert Chu: Greetings, sire. Likewise. I try to stay away from alcohol. Bars just aren't for me...yet, I seem to be easily convinced to come along.

Hmm, unless a signifigant detail of my past has slipped my knowledge, I think you mean 'sir'. As for alcohol... I really had no two choices about leaving it completely.

I believe I may have some ideas, though they will be spoilers to my Legends story. :wink:

Well, just write whatever you feel like writing.

This is the Attic. Is there anything else to do other then that?

I suppose we could start the dreaded alignment argument or a so-called fluff discussion about toenails... but perhaps we'd better not.

Kellrill Silverylight: Hey! Who said they have to have robes and hats and such? Bloody heck, I won't wear 'em!

That's the spirit!

Enjoy your time hosting, great Winski Perorate!

'Great'? *chuckle* Now this is getting downright embarrassing. But thank you nevertheless.

#32 Guest_Nyx_*

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:38 AM

Yes bright orange. I think it's how you appeared in the game if I remember right. *Laughs* That description was written almost two years ago... maybe someday I'll come up with something better. :wink:

O_O

Good gods, bright orange? HIDE from wizards in bright orange.

Much scarier than an archmage in nice calm neutral tones...

(my own Winski favors dark colors and resembles Gorion, but that's for symbolic reasons. I am terrified at the idea of even thinking to put that poor man in bright orange. He'd smack me around with the Staff of the Magi or something.)

-Nyx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com