Served Cold

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 03:49 AM

Hello "The Attic"! I've stumbled onto this nice site and thought I would post my very first story here. There are some parts I'm not pleased with, but I will post anyway because I need guidance. I can't learn anything otherwise.

Short bio: I am an extremely busy college student who spends way too much time procrastinating by writing fanfiction. ;) Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soft twilight, after the sun had set, disappeared quickly for hardened grimy night. Lank rags on thin bodies swayed from tired women who offered themselves to the few who passed by. I wondered as I watched them, whether they were looking for coin or looking for warmth. Which was more important? When the cold winds from the Dale up North eventually reached us in Amn in the south, perhaps they looked for both.

Anomen had left us some time ago. His bitterness over the Test consumed him like a festering wound, gathering hate-filled poison when left untreated. I was no healer though, despite my Bhaalspawn gifts, and even Jaheira and Aerie did not know what could heal his mind. The knights were right to deny him. All I expected was action to be taken on Saerk alone and perhaps a new beginning with his father. I wanted to help find justice for his sister since I had yet to find my own for Imoen. Then, he killed without mercy, an innocent girl.

What are you saying? You..you have abandoned me, Jehaine!

I let him go. Still, one month after his departure, my own conscience carried the heavy burden of guilt and regret. If he had never met me, perhaps he would have become the knight he wanted to be. Chaos and murder left in my wake, indeed.

Aerie had also lost Haer'Dalis, the silver-tongued actor. The fickle tiefling just left one day, leaving only a small note explaining his absence. “You knew this would come at an end,” he wrote, “all things must as they should and this sparrow cannot give what you ask for. It saddens this bard to leave you now, but eventually your love for me, too, will end. That is the way it shall and should be, my mourning dove.” She would not speak after that for many days.

So all of us were alone without men in our lives, with the exception, of course, for Minsc. The great Rasheman ranger never would dote on anyone more devotedly than his little pet hamster. He had gone off with Boo perched on his shoulder to meditate more on his dejemma training.

The pain of the break-up and loss was new and filled our hearts. Jaheira and Mazzy had also lost their loved ones not too long ago. Although they tried to hide it, their hearts sometimes filled, too. They had a distant, faraway smile as if remembering and then a painful twinge would cross their face as the present met up with the past. They joined us at our table, not wanting to be alone on this Night of the Red Rose, where lovers renewed their vows of devotion to each other. We dulled our memories with the finest of what the cellars of the Copper Coronet had to offer. I hoped that even then, the morning after, our headaches would be too overwhelming to remember a hint of what had caused us to drink bottles of cheap alcohol.

We were together now, a group of women who through their broken hearts felt sisterhood. I thought so, anyway. I remembered my other sister, Imoen, whose light heart and laughter lifted my spirits when they were as low as they were tonight. Where was she now? Only the Shadow Thieves had that answer, apparently. I counted the coins in my purse everyday. Soon, little sister, soon.

“Don't look now,” said Mazzy in a soft voice, “but you know who is coming this way.” Aerie gulped nervously, twirling her wine glass. A dark scowl formed on Jaheira's face.

“What?” I said as I waved my hand to dry the last words in my journal. When I looked behind me, I groaned and glanced around for Minsc. Unfortunately, he was still conspicuously absent. Where was a hero of butt-kicking when you needed him?

“Oh, great Goddess of Fortune and Goddess of Love, surely you have both smiled upon me this day! Here I see a bevy of beauteous maids who are apparently without the benefit of a dashing, handsome suitor to buy them drinks?”

“That's because we wish to buy our own drinks, fool,” Jaheira growled. “so I suggest you review your prayers with the Goddesses of Back Off and Get Lost.”

“You wound me, my honey-colored goddess, “ said Salvanas, holding a hand over his heart. “I only wish to be near the blinding light of your beauty, ALL of your beauty.” He made a grand sweeping gesture toward the rest of us, halting briefly to offer Aerie a suggestive leer. Mazzy glared at him, fingering Avoreen's bow. I noticed Aerie taking a rather large gulp of her wine, shivering a little. Concerned, I slid my chair more towards her side, watching.

“Ah, my little chestnut, I see you staring at my form. Does it please you? Does your heart pound with desire? I see your eyes darkening with lust, my darling.”

“What are you babbling about, you foolish elf? If you wish to see something darken, I can happily comply with a bruise to your head!” Mazzy held up her own mug threateningly.

“Alas, this poor elf cannot hope to capture your hearts, no matter how many times he has tried and on Red Rose Night, too! He must strive alone, unwanted and unloved. I shall jump off the highest bridge in the Bridge District and end my poor sad and lonely existence altogether. Farewell my goddesses!” He turned away, dragging his feet with very slow steps.

“W-wait!” said Aerie and all of us jumped in surprise.

Salvanas stopped. He grinned at the floor. He hoped she would respond, that golden-haired lovely with a soft heart…mmm, and probably softer body. Resuming his forlorn expression, he turned around with sad puppy-dog eyes. Ah, yes, Salvanas, your best performance, yet. You've come to the Copper Coronet as a boy, but after you pluck this innocent flower, you'll return home to Suldenesslar as a man.

“P-please don't go,” said Aerie. “I wish you to stay.”

“You do?” all of us said incredulously. Nearby, Salvanas preened with pride.

“You have saved me from certain death, my lovely! My heart sings in joy that you wish me to stay, but uh…” he saw all of us moving our seats closer to Aerie, leaving no room for him to sit or come nearby. “perhaps, I can talk to you in a more private area?”

“Y-yes. Jehaine, the room key?” Salvanas's lustful grin stretched from ear to pointy ear.

“Uh, Aerie, are you sure about this? Whatever's wrong we can talk,” said Mazzy.

“N-n-nothing's w-w-rong, I am just going to..*hic*...t-talk with Salvanas.” She stood up hastily from her chair and swooned back down again, “Ohhhh!”

I caught her quickly before she knocked herself senseless on the back of the chair, I saw Salvanas approach but I glared at him frostily, daring him to move any closer. Wisely, he stepped back, …then winked at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at my apparently drunken companion.

“Aerie, “ I whispered in her ear, “how many glasses of elven wine did you have? If it's about Haer'Dalis, we can all go to my room and talk. It's been a few weeks and you've still not over him…”

“NO!”

Her shrill scream echoed throughout the common room, stunning the normally rowdy Copper Coronet into surprised silence. “I'm a big girl,” announced Aerie to the suddenly attentive audience, “I can take care of myself. I don't need you or anyone! Just…Just leave me alone! Just…give… me… the… DAMN… key!”

“Oh, alright, Aerie. Here.” Reluctantly, I handed her the iron key.

“Think, child, of what you're doing,” whispered Jaheria into her other ear, “you're obviously not well, and I know what it is to lose someone-“

“Shut up, Jaheira! Just all of you, go away. I want to be alone with Salvanas!”

All three of us exchanged looks of worry and concern as Aerie unsteadily got to her feet again. Jaheira and I assisted when we could, although Aerie roughly shoved us away. Soon, Salvanas was there to take her from us, murmuring more romantic drivel into her ear while Aerie leaned on him for support, eyes staring straight ahead. Before they went up the stairs, he passed all of us a look of triumph and carried Aerie to our suite of rooms. I could hear them enter her room with a soft, firm click of a door being shut and locked. I took a large gulp from my own ale, wondering if I had made a mistake.

A few hours later, as we thought about going upstairs to check if everything was alright, I heard a piercing shriek followed by a mournful wail. “You w-wretch, y-you…you…d-demon, what have you done to me?!” cried out a high-pitched voice. Instantly, I jumped up but Mazzy, although small with even smaller legs, was already at the foot of the stairs with sword out, climbing them with haste. Jaheira and I followed, not far behind.

The door opened before any of us arrived there. We paused. Then, Aerie stepped out, the corners of her mouth twitching in an unusual way, her eyes shining in the dimly lit hallway. “Aerie? Is everything alright?” I ventured.

“Oh, everything is just fine, (tee hee hee!). I-I- (giggle) I'M fine. I think Salvanas is fine, too.” Tears were streaming down her face now, interjected with hiccoughs and chuckles. She held her sides, shaking with suppressed laughter. The door was open slightly. Curious, I looked in.

There, on her bed, was a weeping woman, dressed in a male elf's tunic and trousers that were clearly too big for her now. Lustrous strawberry gold curls spilled down her back. The loose tunic was shifted to the side to show a pale alabaster shoulder and the curve of a voluptuous breast.

Aerie followed us in, calmer, but at the same time trying to retain self-control by taking deep breaths mixed with tiny bursts of barely concealed giggles. She hid her failing composure by rummaging through her closet with shaking hands. “Here, *mmphthttt*… Silvana, I think you can fit into this quite nicely.” She held up a red mage robe that looked all too familiar, low cut, slit up the side, and embroidered with gold around the hem.

The woman looked up, then. For a while, no further sound came from her because she was staring at it in open horror, mouth gaped open. She gazed on the red dress, her lower lip trembling, emerald green eyes growing wider as they traveled up and down the risqué garment. Finally, she threw back her head and howled, “NNoooOOOOooOOOO!”

“Oh child,” marveled Jaheira, “this is bad… this is, of course, unnatural.” She smiled a sly grin, “However, I must say it is a definite improvement.”

“I won't wear it. I refuse to! I-I-'ll get all of you for this! I swear to it! I'll …I'll,” Silvana choked back a sob, her face falling into her delicate hands.

“Nonsense,” said Mazzy, her eyes glinting merrily, “I think red complements your hair and eyes. You can't go around in those current clothes. It'd be too indecent.”

“I-Indecent! How is t-that much better?!”

“Your bosom is spilling out of your tunic for one,” said Mazzy matter-of-factly, “and your trousers might drop at the most inopportune time to the floor. You might draw interest that you may not want, desire, or wish for. I believe you are familiar with what sort of interest I mean.” She arched an eyebrow at Silvana.

The woman only took one more look at the dress and shuddered.

She did not wear the red mage robe. Thayvian mage attire is not allowed to be worn by outsiders on pain of mutilating death. We couldn't be that cruel. We eventually settled on a simple brown wool tunic dress, one of Jaheria's old dresses. At least it covered what counted most, until Silvana became used to her new form.

Aerie never was drunk on that night. From her time with Haer'Dalis, she really did learn a thing or two about play-acting. She had obtained the faulty Nether Scroll from Edwin, who was suspicious at first, but once he learned of her plan he gladly gave it freely. Obviously, he still remembered Salvanas's amorous advances from his time as Edwina. As a bonus, he gave the robe, too.

“Aerie,” I laughed, “you are full of surprises! You had us all fooled!”

She blushed. “I-I was scared the whole time. I had to drink a little to give me the courage to go through it at all, but not enough to ruin the whole play.” She became quiet. Softer, she said, “I-I-think Haer'Dalis would have been proud.”

I did not know what to say. I simply looked at her helplessly. Silence passed between us awhile before she spoke again, “I know he's not coming back. I-I-sort of wish that he did, only so that I could've turned the spell on HIM. Then…Then, he would beg for my forgiveness and I-I would say no…and…and…” Her body trembled, tears spilling from her clear blue eyes.

“Shhh, it's alright,” I said, pulling her to the warmth of my embrace. Aerie cried into my shoulder. “It's alright, little sister,” I whispered.

Indeed, Salvanas never bothered us again. However, the woman known as Silvana eventually became the most popular tavern wench in the Copper Coronet. Evidently, the shameless pick up lines and failed flirtations that never worked on women fared far better when directed toward men.

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 04:11 AM

lol! How fitting.

Nice story. Sounds like your party is one big sisterhood ;)

#3 Requiem

Posted 30 November 2001 - 04:19 AM

> Hello "The Attic"! I've stumbled onto this nice site and thought

> I would post my very first story here. There are some parts I'm not

> pleased with, but I will post anyway because I need guidance. I can't

> learn anything otherwise.

Good story! I'm not a big Aerie fan, but I did enjoy your take on her. I felt a little sorry for Haery though -- poor guy, so misunderstood! ;)

If you want more specific feedback, you might want to consider having the story beta read.

Welcome to The Attic! Glad you showed up (but be careful...it's addicting).

j.

#4 Guest_Aoewyn_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 05:23 AM

Welcome to the Attic, Two-Socks. Great story. If that's just Aerie acting then I wonder what she'd be like when she's sloshed.

I will say that the irritating elf did get what he deserved. (I usually just disintegrated him.)

Daedalus

#5 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 05:59 AM

> Anomen had left us some time ago. His bitterness over the Test consumed

> him like a festering wound, gathering hate-filled poison when left

> untreated.

> What are you saying? You..you have abandoned me, Jehaine!

awww... poor Ano :(

> A few hours later, as we thought about going upstairs to check if

> everything was alright, I heard a piercing shriek followed by a mournful

> wail. “You w-wretch, y-you…you…d-demon, what have you done to me?!”

hmmm.. interesting development... i wonder what Aerie's up to

> There, on her bed, was a weeping woman, dressed in a male elf's tunic and

> trousers that were clearly too big for her now. Lustrous strawberry gold

> curls spilled down her back. The loose tunic was shifted to the side to

> show a pale alabaster shoulder and the curve of a voluptuous breast.

ROTFL :D i never knew the girl had it in her :D

you go sister!!! ;)

well, i though your story is really good!! (sorry i suck at this comment stuff... and yet i do it anyway, go figures)can't wait to hear more :)

#6 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 06:18 AM

Hehehe!

Funny story, and served him/her right. Another story where I almost like Aerie.

#7 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:12 PM

> lol! How fitting.

> Nice story. Sounds like your party is one big sisterhood ;)

Thank you for reading! Well, just for now anyway. Remember, we used to all have boyfriends/husbands.

Minsc is still around though. :)

-- Two-Socks

#8 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:21 PM

> Good story! I'm not a big Aerie fan, but I did enjoy your take on her. I

> felt a little sorry for Haery though -- poor guy, so misunderstood! ;)

Thank you for reading! Actually, I like Haery, too. :) I'm finding out I like the authors' around here portray the NPC's of Baldur's Gate in many more interesting ways than the game. NPC's that I didn't like at first are viewed in a much more interesting light in stories.

> If you want more specific feedback, you might want to consider having the

> story beta read.

Ah, okay. I will post there.

> Welcome to The Attic! Glad you showed up (but be careful...it's

> addicting).

Oh dear. Well, I'll try!

#9 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:24 PM

> Welcome to the Attic, Two-Socks. Great story. If that's just Aerie acting

> then I wonder what she'd be like when she's sloshed.

Hmm, I wonder, too!

> I will say that the irritating elf did get what he deserved. (I usually

> just disintegrated him.)

LOL, well, sure that's one way. :)

> Daedalus

#10 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:27 PM

> awww... poor Ano ;)

> hmmm.. interesting development... i wonder what Aerie's up to

> ROTFL :) i never knew the girl had it in her :D

> you go sister!!! :)

> well, i though your story is really good!! (sorry i suck at this comment

> stuff... and yet i do it anyway, go figures)can't wait to hear more :)

Thank you for reading! Hey, it's always good to hear positive feedback nonetheless. I am working on another Jehaine story, too...once I finish my college work of course.

#11 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:29 PM

> Hehehe!

> Funny story, and served him/her right. Another story where I almost like

> Aerie.

Thank you for reading! :)

#12 Laufey

Posted 30 November 2001 - 01:14 PM

> Welcome to the Attic! :D Expect addiction!

> “Don't look now,” said Mazzy in a soft voice, “but you know who is coming

> this way.” Aerie gulped nervously, twirling her wine glass. A dark scowl

> formed on Jaheira's face.

Ah, Salvanas the Jerk. :)

> “You wound me, my honey-colored goddess, “ said Salvanas, holding a hand

> over his heart. “I only wish to be near the blinding light of your beauty,

> ALL of your beauty.”

I wonder where he comes up with these lines.

> “What are you babbling about, you foolish elf? If you wish to see

> something darken, I can happily comply with a bruise to your head!” Mazzy

> held up her own mug threateningly.

Good one! :D

> “Alas, this poor elf cannot hope to capture your hearts, no matter how

> many times he has tried and on Red Rose Night, too!

I haven't heard of Red Rose Night. Is it an established Realms concept? Otherwise it might have added to the story if you had elaborated a little.

He must strive alone,

> unwanted and unloved. I shall jump off the highest bridge in the Bridge

> District and end my poor sad and lonely existence altogether. Farewell my

> goddesses!” He turned away, dragging his feet with very slow steps.

He's a terrible actor, isn't he? :) Good description of the scene.

> “W-wait!” said Aerie and all of us jumped in surprise.

> Salvanas stopped. He grinned at the floor. He hoped she would respond,

> that golden-haired lovely with a soft heart…mmm, and probably softer body.

> Resuming his forlorn expression, he turned around with sad puppy-dog eyes.

> Ah, yes, Salvanas, your best performance, yet. You've come to the Copper

> Coronet as a boy, but after you pluck this innocent flower, you'll return

> home to Suldenesslar as a man.

> “P-please don't go,” said Aerie. “I wish you to stay.”

> “You do?” all of us said incredulously. Nearby, Salvanas preened with

> pride.

Here you switched point of view from your PC to Salvanas and back again. I think some sort of transition would have made it smoother, or that you should have stayed with the PC.

> “Y-yes. Jehaine, the room key?” Salvanas's lustful grin stretched from ear

> to pointy ear.

> “Uh, Aerie, are you sure about this? Whatever's wrong we can talk,” said

> Mazzy.

> “N-n-nothing's w-w-rong, I am just going to..*hic*...t-talk with

> Salvanas.” She stood up hastily from her chair and swooned back down

> again, “Ohhhh!”

Another good scene, very descriptive.

> I caught her quickly before she knocked herself senseless on the back of

> the chair, I saw Salvanas approach but I glared at him frostily, daring

> him to move any closer. Wisely, he stepped back, …then winked at me. I

> rolled my eyes and looked at my apparently drunken companion.

As is this one.

> “Aerie, “ I whispered in her ear, “how many glasses of elven wine did you

> have? If it's about Haer'Dalis, we can all go to my room and talk. It's

> been a few weeks and you've still not over him…”

> “NO!”

> Her shrill scream echoed throughout the common room, stunning the normally

> rowdy Copper Coronet into surprised silence. “I'm a big girl,” announced

> Aerie to the suddenly attentive audience, “I can take care of myself. I

> don't need you or anyone! Just…Just leave me alone! Just…give… me… the…

> DAMN… key!”

And this one. Aerie's emotions really emerge.

ROFLMAO! Oh, that was excellent! ;) Couldn't have happened to a nicer elf... *smirk*

> Aerie followed us in, calmer, but at the same time trying to retain

> self-control by taking deep breaths mixed with tiny bursts of barely

> concealed giggles. She hid her failing composure by rummaging through her

> closet with shaking hands. “Here, *mmphthttt*… Silvana, I think you can

> fit into this quite nicely.” She held up a red mage robe that looked all

> too familiar, low cut, slit up the side, and embroidered with gold around

> the hem.

> The woman looked up, then. For a while, no further sound came from her

> because she was staring at it in open horror, mouth gaped open. She gazed

> on the red dress, her lower lip trembling, emerald green eyes growing

> wider as they traveled up and down the risqué garment. Finally, she threw

> back her head and howled, “NNoooOOOOooOOOO!”

Muahahaha! :)

> She did not wear the red mage robe. Thayvian mage attire is not allowed to

> be worn by outsiders on pain of mutilating death.

Awww... ;)

We couldn't be that

> cruel.

Edwin: Why ever not?

> Aerie never was drunk on that night. From her time with Haer'Dalis, she

> really did learn a thing or two about play-acting. She had obtained the

> faulty Nether Scroll from Edwin, who was suspicious at first, but once he

> learned of her plan he gladly gave it freely. Obviously, he still

> remembered Salvanas's amorous advances from his time as Edwina. As a

> bonus, he gave the robe, too.

Something tells me Eddie was very much amused. :)

> “Aerie,” I laughed, “you are full of surprises! You had us all fooled!”

> She blushed. “I-I was scared the whole time. I had to drink a little to

> give me the courage to go through it at all, but not enough to ruin the

> whole play.” She became quiet. Softer, she said, “I-I-think Haer'Dalis

> would have been proud.”

I like your version of Aerie.

> I did not know what to say. I simply looked at her helplessly. Silence

> passed between us awhile before she spoke again, “I know he's not coming

> back. I-I-sort of wish that he did, only so that I could've turned the

> spell on HIM. Then…Then, he would beg for my forgiveness and I-I would say

> no…and…and…” Her body trembled, tears spilling from her clear blue eyes.

> “Shhh, it's alright,” I said, pulling her to the warmth of my embrace.

> Aerie cried into my shoulder. “It's alright, little sister,” I whispered.

Sad and bitter-sweet scene, liked it a lot. Plenty of emotion.

> Indeed, Salvanas never bothered us again. However, the woman known as

> Silvana eventually became the most popular tavern wench in the Copper

> Coronet. Evidently, the shameless pick up lines and failed flirtations

> that never worked on women fared far better when directed toward men.

*grin* Do I detect a moral to the story?

Again, very welcome to the Attic and hope to see more of you in the future! :D

Rogues do it from behind.

#13 Weyoun

Posted 30 November 2001 - 08:30 PM

Mwahahahahahahhahahah! Ve ave captured anther subject! Ygor, get the instume... eRmmm, I mean... Welcome to the Attic!

> Short bio: I am an extremely busy college student who spends way too much

> time procrastinating by writing fanfiction. :D Thank you.

*grins* Trust me, I know the feeling... :)

> I let him go. Still, one month after his departure, my own conscience

> carried the heavy burden of guilt and regret. If he had never met me,

> perhaps he would have become the knight he wanted to be. Chaos and murder

> left in my wake, indeed.

Ah, a moment of self-crimination... Every good Bhaal-spawn must have these moments... ;)

> Aerie had also lost Haer'Dalis, the silver-tongued actor. The fickle

> tiefling just left one day, leaving only a small note explaining his

> absence. “You knew this would come at an end,” he wrote, “all things must

> as they should and this sparrow cannot give what you ask for. It saddens

> this bard to leave you now, but eventually your love for me, too, will

> end. That is the way it shall and should be, my mourning dove.” She would

> not speak after that for many days.

Geez... A dear Jane letter for Aerie. I may not like her all that much, but that was very low of H'd...

> The pain of the break-up and loss was new and filled our hearts. Jaheira

> and Mazzy had also lost their loved ones not too long ago. Although they

> tried to hide it, their hearts sometimes filled, too. They had a distant,

> faraway smile as if remembering and then a painful twinge would cross

> their face as the present met up with the past. They joined us at our

> table, not wanting to be alone on this Night of the Red Rose, where lovers

> renewed their vows of devotion to each other. We dulled our memories with

> the finest of what the cellars of the Copper Coronet had to offer. I hoped

> that even then, the morning after, our headaches would be too overwhelming

> to remember a hint of what had caused us to drink bottles of cheap

> alcohol.

Laska : HEY! Now, we're talking! At least this group has some sense!

Weyoun : Quiet you!

> “Oh, great Goddess of Fortune and Goddess of Love, surely you have both

> smiled upon me this day! Here I see a bevy of beauteous maids who are

> apparently without the benefit of a dashing, handsome suitor to buy them

> drinks?”

LOL! Oh, he does know how to pick the right moments, no? :)

> “Ah, my little chestnut, I see you staring at my form. Does it please you?

> Does your heart pound with desire? I see your eyes darkening with lust, my

> darling.”

This guy doesn't realize how close he is to being viciously kicked in, ahum, various bodyparts... ;)

> that golden-haired lovely with a soft heart…mmm, and probably softer body.

> Ah, yes, Salvanas, your best performance, yet. You've come to the Copper

> Coronet as a boy, but after you pluck this innocent flower, you'll return

> “P-please don't go,” said Aerie. “I wish you to stay.”

Hmmm, Salvanas and Aerie... Makes sense somehow... :)

> The woman looked up, then. For a while, no further sound came from her

> because she was staring at it in open horror, mouth gaped open. She gazed

> on the red dress, her lower lip trembling, emerald green eyes growing

> wider as they traveled up and down the risqué garment. Finally, she threw

> back her head and howled, “NNoooOOOOooOOOO!”

ROTFL! TUrnabout is fair play, I guess! :D Loved this bit!

> “Nonsense,” said Mazzy, her eyes glinting merrily, “I think red

> complements your hair and eyes. You can't go around in those current

> clothes. It'd be too indecent.”

Rubbing salt in the wound! How very un-paladine (but bloody funny!)

> “Shhh, it's alright,” I said, pulling her to the warmth of my embrace.

> Aerie cried into my shoulder. “It's alright, little sister,” I whispered.

Poor kid... She and H'D were definately no match... :D

LOL! I bet they would...

Great debut! I hope to see more of your work...

---Weyoun

TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#14 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 10:33 PM

> Ah, Salvanas the Jerk. :)

> I wonder where he comes up with these lines.

Maybe Salvanas and Biff the Understudy compare notes at night. :)

> I haven't heard of Red Rose Night. Is it an established Realms concept?

> Otherwise it might have added to the story if you had elaborated a little.

I was trying to make up a holiday (St. Valentine's Day/Sweetest Day). I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with Forgotten Realms. ;) If there is an equivalent holiday according to Realms lore, I'll probably change it.

> Here you switched point of view from your PC to Salvanas and back again. I

> think some sort of transition would have made it smoother, or that you

> should have stayed with the PC.

I agree with you. Here, I tried to cheat/try something. :) I guess cheaters never win. *sigh*

>

> ROFLMAO! Oh, that was excellent! :D Couldn't have happened to a nicer

> elf... *smirk*

Hey, it's better than getting disintegrated as Daedalus suggested! (or is it?)

> We couldn't be that

> Edwin: Why ever not?

*giggle*

> *grin* Do I detect a moral to the story?

Hooo....maybe.

> Again, very welcome to the Attic and hope to see more of you in the

> future! :D

Thank you for your comments! They were very helpful!

#15 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 10:42 PM

> Mwahahahahahahhahahah! Ve ave captured anther subject! Ygor, get the

> instume... eRmmm, I mean... Welcome to the Attic!

Umm... Thanks?

> Geez... A dear Jane letter for Aerie. I may not like her all that much,

> but that was very low of H'd...

I'll have to confess...I didn't see the whole Aerie/Haer'Dalis romance happen so I don't quite know what went on at the end. From what I read on the boards though, I think it didn't last very long. So, I created something from that information.

> Hmmm, Salvanas and Aerie... Makes sense somehow... :)

That's what Salvanas thought, too. O:)

> ROTFL! TUrnabout is fair play, I guess! :) Loved this bit!

> Rubbing salt in the wound! How very un-paladine (but bloody funny!)

Well, Avoreen is probably a forgiving sort. ;)

> Great debut! I hope to see more of your work...

Thank you for reading! Glad you enjoyed it!

#16 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 11:01 PM

> I would post my very first story here.

Ahh! Fresh meat! Welcome. :)

> All I expected was action to be taken on Saerk alone and perhaps a new

> beginning with his father. I wanted to help find justice for his sister since

> I had yet to find my own for Imoen.

You might want to clarify whose father and sister you're talking about in these two sentences, because "his" could be misread as Saerk's, not Anomen's.

> What are you saying? You..you have abandoned me, Jehaine!

Lovely name ... what is she?

> Aerie had also lost Haer'Dalis, the silver-tongued actor.

And good riddance, too!

> So all of us were alone without men in our lives,

So what are you upset about, girls? :)

*grins, ducks and runs*

> The great Rasheman ranger never would dote on anyone more devotedly than his

> little pet hamster.

According to my FRCS, it's "Rashemi".

> He had gone off with Boo perched on his shoulder to meditate more on his

> dejemma training.

dajemma

> I remembered my other sister, Imoen, whose light heart and laughter lifted my

> spirits when they were as low as they were tonight. Where was she now? Only

> the Shadow Thieves had that answer, apparently. I counted the coins in my

> purse everyday. Soon, little sister, soon.

*sniff*

Poor little Immy. She really gets more than her fair share of abuse in SoA. ;)

> smiled upon me this day!

Argh! Him! Kill, kill, kill!

> Mazzy glared at him, fingering Avoreen's bow.

Arvoreen's

Go ahead, Mazzy ... do every woman on Faerûn a favor and put an arrow in his dangly bits! :D

> You've come to the Copper Coronet as a boy, but after you pluck this innocent

> flower, you'll return home to Suldenesslar as a man.

Suldanessellar

> “Y-yes. Jehaine, the room key?” Salvanas's lustful grin stretched from ear

> to pointy ear.

This looks as if Salvanas was the one asking for the room key.

Oh my ... Aerie! You didn't?!

*falls off chair laughing*

That's what I call an unexpected twist.

> “Your bosom is spilling out of your tunic for one,” said Mazzy

> matter-of-factly,

The way you described that robe, "Salvana's" curves will probably spill out of it, too! :D

> She did not wear the red mage robe. Thayvian

I know the game doesn't agree, but my FRCS claims it should be "Thayan".

> mage attire is not allowed to be worn by outsiders on pain of mutilating

> death. We couldn't be that cruel.

No? Why not? :)

> Aerie never was drunk on that night. From her time with Haer'Dalis, she

> remembered Salvanas's amorous advances from his time as Edwina. As a

Hee hee hee. You GO, Aerie! It's good to see a different side of hers.

ROFL! This is so evil! I love it. >:D

#17 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 30 November 2001 - 11:16 PM

Hiya! ^-^

> Soft twilight, after the sun had set, disappeared quickly for hardened

> grimy night. Lank rags on thin bodies swayed from tired women who offered

> themselves to the few who passed by. I wondered as I watched them, whether

> they were looking for coin or looking for warmth. Which was more

> important? When the cold winds from the Dale up North eventually reached

> us in Amn in the south, perhaps they looked for both.

Ooh, I like the opening a lot!

> Aerie had also lost Haer'Dalis, the silver-tongued actor. The fickle

> tiefling just left one day, leaving only a small note explaining his

> absence. “You knew this would come at an end,” he wrote, “all things must

> as they should and this sparrow cannot give what you ask for. It saddens

> this bard to leave you now, but eventually your love for me, too, will

> end. That is the way it shall and should be, my mourning dove.” She would

> not speak after that for many days.

Wh-what?! Haer'Dalis has...left?! NOOOO!!!!! *cries* HAERY COME BACK!

> So all of us were alone without men in our lives, with the exception, of

> course, for Minsc. The great Rasheman ranger never would dote on anyone

> more devotedly than his little pet hamster. He had gone off with Boo

> perched on his shoulder to meditate more on his dejemma training.

*sniffle* Bye Boo...

> We were together now, a group of women who through their broken hearts

> felt sisterhood. I thought so, anyway.

Girls rule! No questions asked!

> smiled upon me this day! Here I see a bevy of beauteous maids who are

> apparently without the benefit of a dashing, handsome suitor to buy them

> drinks?”

He sounds familiar...that cheesy pick-up line does ring a bell O.o

> “You wound me, my honey-colored goddess, “ said Salvanas, holding a hand

> over his heart.

SALVANAS! I *knew* it!

> “N-n-nothing's w-w-rong, I am just going to..*hic*...t-talk with

> Salvanas.” She stood up hastily from her chair and swooned back down

> again, “Ohhhh!”

Uh-oh! She's gotten drunk!

> Aerie followed us in, calmer, but at the same time trying to retain

> self-control by taking deep breaths mixed with tiny bursts of barely

> concealed giggles. She hid her failing composure by rummaging through her

> closet with shaking hands. “Here, *mmphthttt*… Silvana, I think you can

> fit into this quite nicely.” She held up a red mage robe that looked all

> too familiar, low cut, slit up the side, and embroidered with gold around

> the hem.

O.o Silvana...? Oh my goodness...

> “Your bosom is spilling out of your tunic for one,” said Mazzy

> matter-of-factly, “and your trousers might drop at the most inopportune

> time to the floor. You might draw interest that you may not want, desire,

> or wish for. I believe you are familiar with what sort of interest I

> mean.” She arched an eyebrow at Silvana.

Hehe, we have a FASHION EMERGENCY HERE!

> She blushed. “I-I was scared the whole time. I had to drink a little to

> give me the courage to go through it at all, but not enough to ruin the

> whole play.” She became quiet. Softer, she said, “I-I-think Haer'Dalis

> would have been proud.”

Haer'Dalis wouldn't have let Aerie go back there in the first place, I think!

Of course they'd work on men...hehe ^o~

Cool story! It was really interesting to read. It reminds me of when I played BG2 with an all girls party! That was fun! I look forward to reading more of your writing ^-^

Byee!

Laurali

#18 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 01 December 2001 - 12:01 AM

Ho, there, traveller! Leave yer sword, boots and stuff at the door and come have a drink...Welcome to your DOOM... :) Nah, welcome to the Attic, always good to have new blood here...And it took you a few weeks, eh? Heh, I myself, did, in act of daring, almost post it right away...Although, my first story was not AT ALL as good as this little gem...*Shivers* or as disturbing... :)

A great, great little story, methinks...and, a most fitting ending for one such as he...now, the only problem is, that you can't do such things in Real Life, eh? ;) I hope to see more like this soon...Afain, great story! Thumbs up! :)

Daedel Tay...

#19 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 01 December 2001 - 01:40 AM

This is true :)

You might want to elaborate on what you think you need help with when you post your stories. Do you want to know if we believe in the characters, or do you want us to check your grammer or...?

> Short bio: I am an extremely busy college student who spends way too much

> time procrastinating by writing fanfiction. :) Thank you.

Hmmm, me too.

> that golden-haired lovely with a soft heart?mmm, and probably softer body.

> Ah, yes, Salvanas, your best performance, yet. You?ve come to the Copper

> Coronet as a boy, but after you pluck this innocent flower, you?ll return

People have already noted that you jump heads here. It especially jars when you write in the first person, as you are doing. The tradeoff for the immediacy and intimacy of the first person is that you are basically stuck in the head of the narrator. One of the few ways to make a jump like this work is "I thought I could see him thinking about plucking this innocent flower as he ran his eyes over her body..." - that is, report what the narrator suspects of him,

> Aerie never was drunk on that night. From her time with Haer?Dalis, she

> remembered Salvanas?s amorous advances from his time as Edwina. As a

You might want to tell this some other way, that is, have Aerie tell it to the group or have the narrator say "We found out later..." Another penalty of the first person is that you can't say anything that the narrator doesn't know.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the story (and your use of the first person, which I find really difficult to do myself). I particularly admired the way that you have established a distinct narrative tone for your narrator and the group of NPCs you have set up. You have also done a great job outlining the relationships between the various group members, using only a few lines of dialogue each time!

Hope to see more,

-Meg.

Darkstar

#20 Guest_Two-Socks_*

Posted 01 December 2001 - 03:50 AM

> Ahh! Fresh meat! Welcome. :)

> You might want to clarify whose father and sister you're talking about in

> these two sentences, because "his" could be misread as Saerk's,

> not Anomen's.

Oops, good point.

> Lovely name ... what is she?

I played Jehaine as a Kensai/Mage main character. She went through the Anomen romance...and messed up. ;)

> So what are you upset about, girls? :(

> *grins, ducks and runs*

LOL

> According to my FRCS, it's "Rashemi".

> dajemma

Hey, thanks for the spelling corrections! I'll remember those next time. ;)

> Argh! Him! Kill, kill, kill!

LOL! Poor Salvanas, can't get a break from anyone here. ;)

> This looks as if Salvanas was the one asking for the room key.

Hmm, you're right. I think I shoud've made it separate lines.

> The way you described that robe, "Salvana's" curves will

> probably spill out of it, too! :)

True enough!

> I know the game doesn't agree, but my FRCS claims it should be

> "Thayan".

> Hee hee hee. You GO, Aerie! It's good to see a different side of hers.

> ROFL! This is so evil! I love it. >:D

Thank you for telling me about the correct spellings. I am glad you enjoyed it. :)

-- Two-Socks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com