Lectures and Questions: Parts 1-5

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:12 PM

Author's Note: In these dialogues, I've used the word Charname, rather than the game engine's insert-PC's-name-here formal tag < CHARNAME >, simply for ease of reading.

Dialogue #1.

1.Keldorn: Well, Charname, we have travelled but a short time together yet, and already I am amazed at the number of battles we have fought. This old knight has been on many campaigns, but rarely have they been quite so... busy.

A. My life has always been like this, Keldorn, ever since I fled Candlekeep. => 2

B. I revel in battle. Bloodshed makes me feel alive! => 3

C. I’ve never had much choice. Everywhere I go, it seems people want to attack me. => 4

D. It’s just the way things are. I don’t have time to discuss it right now. => 5

2. Keldorn: Candlekeep, you grew up there, yes? An odd place to raise a child, it seems to me. It must have left you ill prepared for the life you now lead.

A. I hated it there, and I was glad to leave. I prefer a life on the road, and battle glory. => 3

B. I have fond memories of Candlekeep. It was my home, and I’d like to see it again some day. I don’t think my present life will let that happen, though. => 4

3. Keldorn: I find statements like that exceedingly worrying. Perhaps your Bhaal taint is stronger than you realise, Charname. You must guard yourself unceasingly against its influence. I shall be watching you closely, for your sake, and for Faerun’s. (dialogue ends).

4. Keldorn: Such is the life of a Bhaalspawn in these dark times. I shall pray for you, and let us hope that our vigilance will protect your soul. (dialogue ends)

5. Keldorn: Very well. If I am to travel with you, though, surely I have a right to know something of your background and character. (dialogue ends).

Dialogue #2

1. Keldorn: The taint of Bhaal is a dangerous bedfellow, Charname. I hope you realise how tempting a target you make for those of evil intent. You should know as well that those of good intent will not be inclined to trust you.

A. Does that mean you don’t trust me, Keldorn? => 2

B. Great, what I really need right now is yet another lecture! => 3

C. (If Jaheira is in the party) Have you and Jaheira been working on a timetable to nag me?! =>4

D. No one is going to use me! => 5

2. Keldorn: Come now, we hardly know each other. Trust must surely be earned. I am sure you do not trust me yet. I would say that if you are prepared to accept my help, I am prepared to be your friend and guide.

A. You’re saying you don’t trust me, then. => 3

B. I’d like to be your friend too. I’m not sure about the guide bit, though. =>3

C. I’d be happy to listen to your advice. => 3

D. I’d rather eat live worms than listen to more of your pompous rants. => 3

3. Keldorn: You are young yet, and you would be a fool to turn away those who genuinely wish to concern themselves with your welfare. Those of us with more years have experiences that can greatly ease the burden your parentage may place you under. Whether you like it or not, I will try to help as best as I can. (dialogue ends)

4. Jaheira: Come now, child, would you turn away advice when it is obviously so needed? I credit you with more sense than that! => 3

5. Keldorn: I sense you are already aware of the dangers you must face. That is good to see. I would like to offer you help and guide you in these difficult times, if you can come to trust me. => 3

Dialogue #3

1. Keldorn: Your former home, Candlekeep. Can you tell me about it?

A. It was my home for much of my life. I find that the smell of books always takes me back there, to my little room overlooking the sea. => 2

B. (PC must not be mage class) It was a stuffy place, filled with boring books, and even more boring monks. How can anyone spend all day just reading? Yeuch! => 3

C. Why are you asking me? => 4

D. Can’t you just shut up? I’m thinking! => 5

2. Keldorn: Ah, it does sound enchanting. I greatly miss the Firecam library when on campaigns. Of course, my own private collections do not have the grandeur of Candlekeep. I wish my travels had taken me there at some point. Maybe I would have met you and Imena, hmm?

A. Her name is Imoen! => 6

B. Imena, heh. Be glad you’ve never met her. She’s a total brat. => 7

3. Keldorn: You greatly underestimate the value of knowledge, and those who hold knowledge. You may chose not to dedicate your life to study, but there are those in our party who do, and one day you may come to value their learning. I’m sure Imena would agree with me on the value of knowledge held in scrolls, hmm?

A. Her name is Imoen! => 6

B. Imena, heh. Be glad you’ve never met her. She’s a total brat. => 7

4. Keldorn: You are full of suspicions, Charname. I hold no sinister motives, though you may chose to believe otherwise. I am simply interested in learning a little about my current travelling companions .Is that not allowed?

A. No. => 5

B. Well, alright then. I miss Candlekeep so much. It was my home, but I guess I’d find it small now. I miss the sound of waves against the cliff beneath my room, though, and the peace and quiet of the library. => 2

C. (PC must not be mage) Oh, alright! I hated it, ok? I can’t stand spending all day looking at some dull scribblings by some boring monk! => 3

5. Keldorn: I see I have chosen a bad time to speak to you. Maybe later you will be a little more amenable, we shall see. (dialogue ends)

6. Keldorn: Ah, my apologies. Having never met the young lady, I think I can be excused my mistake. From your manner, I would say you were very fond of her.

A. Yes, we were like brother and sister. I miss her a lot. => 8

B. Not at all, I never quite figured out a way to stop her following me around, that’s all. => 9

7. Keldorn: Odd that you should spend so much time trying to find her if she was so disagreeable, then.

A. I’m not interested in finding her, I want my revenge on the wizard who tortured me! => 10

B. I don’t let people become imprisoned because of me, no matter how I feel about them. => 11

8. Keldorn: Be of good heart and don’t become despondent. With Torm and righteousness on our side, we are sure to find her, safe and sound. My purpose in life is to fight evil, and uphold honour, and I see plenty of opportunities for that here. (dialogue ends)

9. Keldorn: Perhaps you wanted her to follow you around, whether that was your conscious wish or not. I am sure we will find her, safe and sound. With Torm and righteousness on our side, how can we possibly fail? (dialogue ends)

10. Keldorn: Vengeance is satisfying for a second, Charname, but forgiveness satisfies for life. Perhaps it is time you put your ugly past behind you. In your position, I would consider myself honour bound to find Imena, not Irenicus, or die in the attempt. (dialogue ends)

11. Keldorn: I see you despise the wrongful imprisonment of others as much as I do, Charname. We shall free Imena, or die in the attempt! (dialogue ends)

Dialogue #4

1. Keldorn: I have been pondering on your situation, and your story, the other day, of your life in Candlekeep makes me greatly concerned for your safety. You and Imena seem poorly suited for this life.

A. Imoen! Her name is Imoen! => 2

B. I was thrown into the life of an adventurer, but I like it. The travel, the fresh air... => 3

C. Do you think I’m still seven years old, or something? I can handle myself! => 4

D. There’s a phrase I learnt from a dwarf that seems appropriate here: Shut yer yap! => 5

2. Keldorn: My apologies, I seem to have a blind spot for the lady’s name. Still, Imoen is not the main issue I wish to speak to you about. => 4

3. Keldorn: ...the daily risk of injury or death, the loss of close friends, the lack of any security. I think you have proven my point. => 4

4. Keldorn: The greatest battles you may face are not those that can be fought with a sword or a spell, but those battles that are fought in the battleground of your heart. You may think you are prepared, but I assure you, you are not. There was a time when I...but I see I am boring you. Perhaps it would be better to remain silent for now. (dialogue ends)

5. Keldorn: Why must you constantly push away those who only wish to concern themselves with your welfare? If you continue to do so, you shall surely be doomed. (dialogue ends, romance ends)

Dialogue #5

1. Keldorn: I think that perhaps I have been a little unfair to you in the past, Charname. Allow me to offer my apologies.

A. Thanks. Er, what are you apologising for? => 2

B. About time too! => 2

C. No, I think you were right, I’m not that suited to this life. Am I? => 2

2. Keldorn: I feel I have perhaps judged you too harshly. I have looked at your age, not your abilities. Perhaps it is in my nature to be a little overprotective of those younger than my ancient self.

If PC is mage => 3

If PC is bard => 4

If PC is thief => 5

If PC is warrior => 6

If PC is cleric => 7

3. Keldorn: Though I know little of the Art myself, I recognise a capable battle mage when I see one. You have certainly proven yourself capable of casting the correct spells at the correct moments, even in the heat of battle. I feel that you will eventually triumph over evil, and the taint in your soul, and I hope I will be standing next to you on that glorious day.

A. I don’t think I’ve ever heard you compliment anyone before! => 8

B. Thank you. I want you to be there with me- you’ve been a great friend so far. => 9

C. About time you recognised your betters! => 10

4. Keldorn: Although I realise your talents are not suited for the front line, your support and song is greatly appreciated by those of us who do face the enemy hand-to-hand. I feel sure you will eventually face your greatest foe, the taint in your soul, and become victorious. I would hope to be at your side on that glorious day.

B. Thank you. I want you to be there with me- you’ve been a great friend so far. => 9

5. Keldorn: Some of your talents are ones I find hard to appreciate, but I cannot deny the usefulness of your traps and trap detection. I doubt this party would be able to function without you. One day, you will face the taint in your soul, and you will be victorious. I hope to be with you when that happens.

6. Keldorn: Like myself, you are a veteran of the front lines, a wielder of steel. I have seen many squires and knights on the battlefield, and your skill is noteworthy. Your battle will eventually be face-to-face with your greatest foe, the taint in your soul, and you will be victorious. I hope you will let this old knight stand by your side when that day comes.

7. Keldorn: You are more than a capable healer and priest, you are always reliable and ready with your spells, be they a cure for poison, or the simplest heal. One day, you will face down the taint in your soul, and your faith shall be a great comfort to you. You will be victorious on that day, and I hope you will allow me to stand beside you.

8. Keldorn: Compliments beget complacency, Charname. However, I feel I have been unfairly harsh on you, and therefore my honour demands I make restitution. It is my calling not to let injustices happen, and one must judge one’s own actions first of all. Torm knows I have fought the battle against unfairness all my life, and I intend to continue to do so. (dialogue ends)

9. Keldorn: I...I thank you, Charname. I am honoured you would choose me as a friend, especially after I have lectured you time after time, it seems. Truly, you must have great reserves of patience. I have been unfairly harsh on you, and therefore my honour demands I make restitution. Torm knows I have fought the battle against unfairness all my life, and I intend to continue to do so. Well, my friend, shall we continue on our way now? (dialogue ends)

10. Keldorn: Hmm. Though I stand by my previous comments, I feel you could use a lesson in humility. We are all equal in Torm’s eye, you should remember that. I did, however, treat you unfairly, and therefore my honour demands I make restitution. It is my calling not to let injustices happen, and one must judge one’s own actions as well as those of others. Torm knows I have fought that battle all my life, and I intend to continue to do so. (dialogue ends)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com