Photo

The Attic House-Warming Party!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Posted 20 November 2002 - 03:52 AM

Hello, folks!

How do you like the new place? I hope you're enjoying it. Care to join us for a house-warming party? :twisted: This weekend, exactly halfway through the quiz, we'll hold a party at the Attic NWN module. Sorry, the Neverwinter Nights game is required, but many of you probably have it anyway.

I'll host the session from Saturday evening EST (which is GMT - 5) through Sunday evening, so there should be a plenty of time for all of us scattered through the time zones over the globe. The exact details will follow later, but I already wanted to invite all of you. So mark your calendars for what hopefully will prove to be a fun and joyous occasion! :D

For any technical questions, feel free to PM or email any of the members of the Attic Module Developers usergroup (follow this link, which is also found at the top of the page: http://gamejag.com/phpBB2/groupcp.php). Any of us will be happy to help.

Leo

#2 Darkwolf Shadowwalker

Posted 20 November 2002 - 05:39 AM

Sounds like fun, considering I couldn't get to the last one.

When is everyone planning on being there? (I'd like try to get on when there are at least some other people :D

#3 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:04 AM

So, it's this Saturday, right? I know I want to join, considering the last time, there was something wrong (along with CHAw and another person). Perhaps I could get on THIS time. :D

Oh, yeah. I need to update the starfire conversation, so you can delete the one there. I'll send a copy to everyone who's working on the Attic module once I'm done (or gotten around to it).

And while I'm at that, could you guys tell me what BG items you have already created so I don't create a duplicate?

#4 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:14 AM

Leo, I recommend the same Saturday, 8 PM GMT that I used last time. Specifying a twenty-four-hour period is flexible and guarantees that everyone has a chance to go, but it also guarantees that you won't have any more than three people in there at any one time. We tried that, it doesn't work. If you can't host that early (3 PM in our time zone) I can host; it wasn't trouble last time.

We'll have the updated version of the module to you by Friday at the latest. The updated hak pak will be posted in the forum as well.

To everyone: If you have a custom portrait you want us all to see, post the five TGA files attached to the Custom Portrait Thread in the Attic Module forum, or post a link to where you downloaded them. Let's not run around crashing servers on Saturday :D

#5 Leo

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:23 AM

Leo, I recommend the same Saturday, 8 PM GMT that I used last time. Specifying a twenty-four-hour period is flexible and guarantees that everyone has a chance to go, but it also guarantees that you won't have any more than three people in there at any one time. We tried that, it doesn't work. If you can't host that early (3 PM in our time zone) I can host; it wasn't trouble last time.

Well, I won't be able to start the session until 6 or 7 pm EST (that is, 11 or 12 pm GMT). Now, when I'm saying I'm gonna be up for 24 hours (actually, more than that), I only mean that the server will be up and ready. It is still up to us to decide on which portion of that time interval to schedule for a gathering, or maybe two.

Leo

#6 Darkwolf Shadowwalker

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:25 AM

That set time also its a pain for those of us that can't make such a set time. I have to work on Saturdays, for example, and even when I don't the middle of the afternoon is a rarely open. *sigh*

#7 Leo

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:25 AM

Well, I won't be able to start the session until 6 or 7 pm EST (that is, 11 or 12 pm GMT). Now, when I'm saying I'm gonna be up for 24 hours (actually, more than that), I only mean that the server will be up and ready. It is still up to us to decide on which portion of that time interval to schedule for a gathering, or maybe two.

Actually, I won't be around for some parts of the day. The server will run unattended during such time.

Leo

#8 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:39 AM

Then 11 or 12 GMT is going to have to be it. That's as far as we can ask, for the Europeans to come and be able to stay for any appreciable length of time. Remember that the Western and Middle Europeans among our number outnumber the people living in all other time zones except EST combined - so we have to take them into account, and they're running on GMT or GMT+1.

I've coordinated things across time zones before, but for other games. I've seen what happens when a specific time isn't graven in stone far beforehand; people come, find no one there, leave. What looks like a giant window of opportunity to meet becomes only a few thirty-second glimpses every now and then, and no one person stays long enough to make it a meeting of any appreciable size. We have to fix a single time and make sure everyone knows.

So, my recommendation is 11 PM GMT; basically as early as you can make it. After all, we want as many Attic-goers as we can to meet...and that means we have to remember what time it is in England and Sweden.

#9 Leo

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:43 AM

Then 11 or 12 GMT is going to have to be it. That's as far as we can ask, for the Europeans to come and be able to stay for any appreciable length of time. Remember that the Western and Middle Europeans among our number outnumber the people living in all other time zones except EST combined - so we have to take them into account, and they're running on GMT or GMT+1.

You're forgetting about Sunday. On Saturday, I won't be able to start earlier than 11-12 GMT. But on Sunday, we can meet at, say, 8-9 GMT without any problem.

Leo

#10 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:44 AM

We'll have the updated version of the module to you by Friday at the latest. The updated hak pak will be posted in the forum as well.

Updated hak? *groans* What did you add? Wait, no, I don't want to know. Just send me the damned thing when you're ready with it so I can play around with the contents. *grumbles* At least the cursed things only need to be integrated once, and can be modified directly afterwards.

#11 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:47 AM

You're forgetting about Sunday. On Saturday, I won't be able to start earlier than 11-12 GMT. But on Sunday, we can meet at, say, 8-9 GMT without any problem.

Yes, but I'm leery of asking people to do such things on Sunday night, with work the next day....

#12 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:49 AM

So, it's this Saturday, right? I know I want to join, considering the last time, there was something wrong (along with CHAw and another person). Perhaps I could get on THIS time. :D

'Twas Laufey who also missed out. But don't get me started on that rant again.

Oh, yeah. I need to update the starfire conversation, so you can delete the one there. I'll send a copy to everyone who's working on the Attic module once I'm done (or gotten around to it).

Just send it directly to me. I'll send the lot of you the new version when it's done. Or you could just download it when it's posted.

And while I'm at that, could you guys tell me what BG items you have already created so I don't create a duplicate?

Just tell me what you want to do and I'll tell you if it's available.

#13 Laufey

Posted 20 November 2002 - 11:28 AM

Sure, I'm free this weekend I think, so I'll definitely try to come! :) Assuming I manage to log in this time of course. :)
Rogues do it from behind.

#14 Guest_Dark Siren Sally_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 12:32 PM

Ooh, ooh!! I hope my computer behaves and lets me join in this weekend! I'd be hosting all the time if I wasn't having this horrible computer problem that I don't have the money to solve yet. *sigh*

Either way, I'm enjoying the new board and the "housewarming" party sounds like a great idea! :) You've done a great job with everything, Leo!

#15 Leo

Posted 20 November 2002 - 05:11 PM

Yes, but I'm leery of asking people to do such things on Sunday night, with work the next day....

Do you think we could schedule something closer to the US morning, European daytime? It would still be good, by the way, to keep the server up before that, so the people could come by at their leisure and make themselves familiar with the module's layout. That would take some initial hassle off the actual event.

Leo

#16 Guest_Ophidia_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:29 PM

Excellent! I'll certainly be there, probably sunday evening for me, about midday EST.

Now I better go and work on my ridiculously munchkin'd armour again...

#17 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:42 PM

Do you think we could schedule something closer to the US morning, European daytime? It would still be good, by the way, to keep the server up before that, so the people could come by at their leisure and make themselves familiar with the module's layout. That would take some initial hassle off the actual event.

US morning, Euro daytime could be done. Early sunday, call it, oh, 5 PM GMT to give the furthest one of us in the States (Pacific Standard) a 9 AM start time. Of course, that comes out to three AM in Australia, but we can't please everyone.

As for "hassle"...Leo, ask anyone who went last time. 90% of the fun is in discovering the cool things about the place with other people around. Let people familiarize themselves beforehand and you drain that "neat" factor away.

#18 Guest_Slide_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 07:20 PM

As for "hassle"...Leo, ask anyone who went last time. 90% of the fun is in discovering the cool things about the place with other people around. Let people familiarize themselves beforehand and you drain that "neat" factor away.

Discovering the cool things, such as a roomful of Balors which got loose, etc. I'll be there, and this time with a hard-as-possible-yet-still-legal character. ;)

#19 Guest_Arietta_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 07:34 PM

Yeah...paaarty... ;)

I'm not an expert - but IIRC last time some ppl had troubles because of different version numbers.
Are we all on 1,26 now?

#20 Guest_Strange_Girl_*

Posted 20 November 2002 - 07:54 PM

US morning, Euro daytime could be done. Early sunday, call it, oh, 5 PM GMT to give the furthest one of us in the States (Pacific Standard) a 9 AM start time. Of course, that comes out to three AM in Australia, but we can't please everyone.

On my part, both late Saturday and daytime Sunday will be fine. I'll definitely be there (hopefully without that annoying level of lag I had last time :/).

Um... it really depends on what kind of the party it is, you know. If you want people to gather in one place, letting them discover first may be a good thing, otherwise everyone will be running around in each their area and do their own thing (whether that is drinking ale or getting stomped by balors ;)), which is fun, but maybe not what was intended?

Well, looking forward to it, no matter which way you deside to do it.

S_G, pondering what custom items she shall wear... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com