About the history

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 04 October 2002 - 02:47 AM

In one point in the game, if you have Fall From Grace, she has diferent minidialogues with teh characters, one with Morte is something about The head of Vecna, and Morte is very reluctnant about it, anyone knows something.

Thank you oh, me brothers.

Peace.

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 05 October 2002 - 08:19 PM

Well actually Vecna can't be destroyed since he is an entity rather than a mere lich.

Vecnas servant never destroyed Vecna, he merely cut off his hand and managed to remove his eye too, Vecna didn't really care since his physical form was just an anchor to the world. Vecna then utterly destroyed Kas (his vampire servant)

There have never been an AD&D artifact named the head of Vecna;

It's Vecnas hand and eye.

The thing about Morte being the head of Vecna is nothing more than a hillarious joke

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 07 October 2002 - 02:11 AM

I have been searching too, now things seem more clearly, is good, since I think this very details is what makes PST afine game.

Thamks.

Peace

#4 Guest_Nemelle_*

Posted 18 June 2003 - 07:02 AM

The "Head of Vecna" comes from a notorious incident involving some really, really stupid players. The DM told them that a perfectly ordinary skull they found in a cave was the "Head of Vecna" and they fell for it. Now to use the Hand of Vecna, you have to cut off your left hand and replace it with the Hand, and for the Eye of Vecna you have to put out your left eye and replace it with the Eye. So, of course, you know what you'd have to do with the "Head of Vecna." Some poor schmuck in the group volunteered to be the one to use the Head, and of course nothing happened but the demise of said schmuck. Then, the players concluded that they must not have put the head on fast enough, and tried the next brave volunteer. Same story. They continued through the group until only one player was left, and there was no one to cut off his head. . .and the players didn't understand until then that it was a trick!

I heard this story from a gamer who's been playing D&D for twelve years and been to a million zillion conventions. He claims to know the DM involved in this little debacle.

-- Nemelle

#5 Guest_Platter_*

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:25 AM

http://www.cs.berkel...umor/vecna.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com