Tales of the Silver Wolf: part 8

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 09 May 2003 - 04:29 AM

Well, I’ve thought long n’ hard, and I’ve brought my first Bhaalspawn, H’kira the Wolf, silver werewolf and wizard-slayer extraordinaire. And her dark-elven mate, Rahasein Ta’ha’len, who is bonded to the dark-wolf, Shardul.

Tales of the Silver Wolf part 8?

Rahas knocked on the door.

“Come in,” H’kira yelled. He entered, H’kira and Jaheira were playing chess, and Viconia was reading a book.

“Come to see if the Zze’nil can deny her nature and win, after losing 5 games straight?” Viconia asked. H’kira shot Viconia a mock-offended look.

“Maybe I should take up checkers,” the werewolf commented, grinning, “Or some game Jaheira *isn’t* good at.”

The druid arched an eyebrow, “Good luck.”

Rahas chuckled and headed for the door, “Just making sure you were all alive up here.”

“For the time being,” H’kira remarked, studying the chessboard.

“Checkmate,” Jaheira said, smiling.

“Damn it all, how the hell do you do that?” the werewolf asked.

“If I told you, you might beat me,” Jaheira replied.

Nalia walked in and pulled up a chair, “Did she win yet?”

“No,” came the unanimous reply. H’kira hopped up, Nalia took her seat and she and Jaheira began a new game.

H’kira sighed and flopped down on the bed next to Viconia, “What’cha reading, Vic?”

The dark-elf smiled wickedly and passed her the book, Exotic secrets of a hundred races.

“Holy shit,” the werewolf said, “It’s even illustrated, hey Jaheira, look at this.”

She tossed Jaheira the book. The druid opened it and started to choke. H’kira and Viconia began laughing.

“What is it? A book of jokes?” Nalia asked. H’kira and Viconia promptly cracked up again. Jaheira rolled her eyes and handed it to the young noble. Nalia opened the book and turned a brilliant shade of red.

“Oh…my…” the noble stuttered.

“It’s a very good book,” Viconia remarked. H’kira snickered, then stopped suddenly.

Bond! There’s a man outside, spying, he’s armed

Thank you, my wolf

“Jaheira, Nalia, keep playing chess,” she said in a low voice, “There’s a man outside the window, I’m going to take him out.”

The druid nodded. All of a sudden, H’kira mid-shifted and jumped through the window, tackling the man. The silver werewolf pinned the man to the ground, snarling fiercely. He drove a serrated dagger into her side. She stood, staggering, and hauled him to his feet, wicked claws just inches from his throat. Jaheira, Viconia and Nalia rushed out the door a few seconds later.

“Same one that put poison in your drink, Jaheira,” the werewolf growled. H’kira shifted half-elven and threw the man in front of the druid.

“Baron Ployer,” Jaheira remarked.

“Harper bitch,” Ployer spat back.

“Looks like he remembers you, Jay,” H’kira mused, grinning. The werewolf grasped the hilt of the dagger in her ribs, and pulled it out.

Jaheira shot her a ‘why me’ look, then gasped and rushed over.

H’kira held up a hand, “Not silver, it’s healing, now just who is this psychopath?”

“Baron Ployer, Khalid and I got him for breeding slaves in Calimshan.”

“And now he wants revenge, typical nut job,” the werewolf turned to Ployer, “And don’t even think about running, there isn’t anything on two legs that can outrun the Wolf.”

H’kira searched the man.

“Jaheira, what would this wacko be doing with your hair?” the wizard slayer asked.

“I have no idea,” the puzzled druid replied.

“It could be used to curse someone,” Nalia suggested.

H’kira raised a questioning eyebrow and turned to Ployer, “You’ve got 5 seconds to tell us what you were planning, before you become prey.”

The wizard-slayer bared fangs in emphasis.

Ployer paled visibly, “I was going to ruin her, just like she ruined me, and I still will.”

He began to mutter something, presumably a sign for others. Wickedly sharp fangs tore out his throat, mages appearing just in time to see Ployer fall, dead. They looked up and saw a large silver wolf, Jaheira, Viconia and Nalia.

“Forgive us, it seems our business here is concluded,” the leader said, bowing before they teleported away.

H’kira shifted back half-elven, “That was interesting.”

“Very,” Nalia added. They all went back upstairs.

Rahasein entered to find all four of them sitting on the bed, reading Viconia’s book.

“I heard crashing up here,” he stated.

“Some moron tried to kill Jaheira,” his lover answered flippantly.

“H’kira.”

She grinned, “Alright an ex-slaver with a grudge tried to curse her. I killed him, happy now?”

“Yes,” the drow replied, “What are you reading?”

“A very naughty book,” the werewolf replied.

“She’s awfully flippant tonight isn’t she?” Rahas queried. Nalia, Viconia, and Jaheira chuckled. H’kira peered at him curiously, he raised his eyebrows.

“I’m off to bed,” she explained, “See you tomorrow.”

When they reached their room, Rahas stopped her.

“I…I…” he blushed, “I got you something.” The drow fastened a thin silver chain with a tiny wolf on it about her neck.

“Rahas, this is beautiful, thank you,” H’kira whispered.

He grinned mischievously, “What, I don’t get a kiss?”

H’kira put her arms around his neck and leaned in close. Her deep amber eyes flashed yellow with amusement, and a wicked grin lit up her face.

“If you can catch me,” his lover teased. A flash of silver and she was gone. The dark-elf stood dumb-founded for a moment, then he shifted. A black-furred wolf soon chased after the silver.

The Silver Wolf’s paws tore into the cold earth, she ran as fast as she could. A group of nobles scattered as the sleek hunting creature dashed by. The Wolf let loose an eerie howl, an answering keen sounded from somewhere behind her.

Nearly an hour later, the Silver Wolf trotted cautiously through the enshrouded woodland outside Athkatla. She raised her muzzle, sniffing the air tentatively. Shardul, Rahas’ wolf form, was near. The Wolf shifted half-elven, into H’kira, and began to climb the nearest tree. A loud bark sounded and she slipped. Rahas caught her.

“So where’s my kiss?” the dark-elf asked, setting her on her feet.

“Oh, I don’t know,” H’kira replied, grinning, “I might be able to do better than that.”

He arched an eyebrow, “Really?”

In answer, she pulled him down to the forest floor.

A dusky blue-gray wolf trotted through the woods. It has been a long time, he thought, My Kira will be happy to see me. He stopped and sniffed the air, then continued on his way. The blue-gray wolf soon found her.

He laughed as he walked into view, it was his Kira alright, sleeping under a blanket, curled up against her mate’s chest. The dark packbrother had returned from his caves, he noted. He had helped the dark one, Rahasein, save her from her despair.

Specter, son of Ghost and Raksha, hunter of the pack of Candlekeep wood, student of the Silver Wolf, and Guardian of the Tomb of Ages, where H’kira had laid to rest her troll-slain pack, strode forward. He nuzzled H’kira’s neck, her amber eyes opened.

“Specter?” H’kira grinned. She wrapped the blanket about herself and stood. Rahas jumped.

“Holy hell, it’s cold!” Rahas yelled.

“Put on some clothes then, dear,” H’kira shot back, chuckling.

How have you been, packsister?

Fairly well, and you, cubling?

Oh, my Kira, I am no longer a cubling.

A Hunter then, eh?

One of two.

Who is the other, Specter?

Tayan.

And how are your parents?

Quite well,
Specter grinned, I see your mate has returned to you.

H’kira cast Rahas a sly look.

Yeah, it was quite a surprise.

I bet it was…I remember that cabin you had in the woods…
Specter chuckled.

Wretch.

That would be me.

Are you going to travel with us?

I would be delighted to, my Kira.

The wizard slayer smiled, It will be good to have you with us.

It will be good to be back.

Do me a favor, Specter?

What?

Turn around.

The wolf did, H’kira shed her blanket and pulled on some clothes.

You two legs and your obsession with clothing.

H’kira rolled her eyes.

“Rahas!’

“Yes, love?” the dark-elf queried.

She kissed him, “You all set?”

“Yes,” Rahas replied.

“Well, we’d best be going then, it’s early afternoon and I bet Jaheira’s having a conniption,” the werewolf said, smiling, “I love doing that.”

They headed off.

Well if ya don’t like it, I’ll keep it up, if ya don’t I won’t.

See ya’ll later dudes!

H’kira n’ the Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com