Tales of the Silver Wolf: part 6

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H'kira the Wolf_*

Posted 09 May 2003 - 04:26 AM

Here comes the mysterious guest star…this is a bit on the romantic side, but who cares…I just have a hard time picturing my chaotic good prankster werewolf with Anomen or Haer’Dalis.

Chapter 6

Howls in the night. A dream, too real. H’kira, the proud half-elven wizard slayer, lay in a bed in de’Arnise keep. Dreaming of what once was.

Green eyes…green eyes would always haunt her. H’kira ran in her dream, the great silver wolf, paws tearing the cold earth. The green-eyed, black furred male at her side. They shifted back to normal. Her green-eyed love came closer, tilted his head as if to kiss her… and dissipated in a cloud of smoke.

Jaheira and Anomen watched over the sleeping half-elf, still worried about her condition, the wounds that Tor-gal had given her had healed, but she remained unconscious. Somewhere in the forest a wolf howled, there was something strange in it, Jaheira noted.

H’kira sat upright in bed.

“What’s wrong?” Jaheira queried.

“That howl…” the werewolf shook her head, “Rahas…my love has returned to the surface.” She bolted, grabbed her scimitars, and ran, faster than they had thought possible. In seconds she was gone.

“Her love has returned to the surface?” Anomen asked as he ran after her, Jaheira at his side.

“How the hells should I know?” the druid snapped. She did know… but how would the Helmite react?

H’kira’s legs pumped furiously, the wolf aided her, lengthening her stride, giving super-human endurance. She could scent him on the air, faster, she told her body, faster. Rahasein had returned. She threw her head back and howl, almost there.

Minsc and Boo were tracking the werewolf through the wood, with the help of Jaheira and Anomen. It was easy enough, with torn foliage everywhere. A resounding howl echoed from ahead. The group steeled themselves and ran as fast as they could.

H’kira skidded to a stop in front of a drow warrior, eyes blazing an unearthly yellow, fangs bared. Several others were attacking a single male.

*Rahasein*

*The dark wolf* the silver responded.

The warrior rushed her with a mace; H’kira whipped out her scimitars and parried the blow. The drow circled cautiously, then charged her. The werewolf responded with a flurry of offensive maneuvers that separated her foes head from his body. They were good… she was better.

H’kira wolfed it, pouncing on the back of one of the warriors attacking Rahasein and snapping it’s neck. She shifted back to half-elf. Rahas dispatched another enemy. The last ones’ eyes widened, a young male… little more than a boy. Something was different with this one, “Go,” she exclaimed. She turned to watch him run, may the gods have mercy on the poor child.

Rahas turned her about, looked into her amber eyes. The dark-elf pulled her into a tight embrace, “I’ve missed you H’kira.”

“And I you.” She replied.

Jaheira made it to the clearing first, and smiled to herself, so the werewolves were together again. They were good for each other. Rahasein’s green eyes were full of unshed tears. He released H’kira reluctantly and strode over to the druid.

“It is good to see you, Jaheira.”

“It is good to see you as well,” she replied.

H’kira looked at her love, he had not changed much, six feet tall, with skin as black as night, glittering green eyes, and a shock of shaggy white hair that fell just below his ears. Silver earrings ran up his entire left ear.

Minsc came next, “Rahas! Boo and I are glad to see our dark-skinned friend.”

“And I am glad to see you, Minsc, and you as well little brother,” Rahas slipped Boo some sunflower seeds. Minsc grinned and patted the tiny hamster affectionately.

Anomen came puffing into view, he saw the dark elf and freaked a little.

“Anomen, this is my friend,” H’kira said.

Rahas grinned roguishly.

“I…I guess I can deal with that,” the Helmite responded.

Rahas threw an arm about H’kira’s shoulders. “We’ve got a lot to catch up on,” the dark-elf remarked. They strolled off, back to the keep.

They sat at a table in the dining room. H’kira spoke up, “Did anything happen after Tor-gal?”

Jaheira answered, “We found Nalia’s father, he’s dead, and Nalia wants to speak with you of something.

*Where is Nalia, wolf?*

*Asleep*

*Thanks*

“So…How long are you staying this time, dark one,” H’kira asked, feigning indifference.

Rahas laughed, “As long as you’ll have me, love, I doubt I’ll ever return to the Underdark again.”

H’kira smiled, “Good…It will be nice to have you back.”

Nalia awoke and looked out her window, two wolves were splashing about in the rain. She recognized H’kira’s silver, but the other she did not. She headed downstairs to the dining room.

“Why is there another wolf?” She asked.

“Good morning, child,” Jaheira remarked, “the other wolf is a friend of H’kira’s.”

“I think I’m a bit more than a friend, though I could be mistaken,” Rahas said as he strode in. H’kira turned red and elbowed him in the side. Nalia’s jaw dropped.

“Rahasein Ta’ha’len,” the dark elf held out his hand. She shook it tentatively.

“Did you have fun playing in the rain, children?” Jaheira asked, smirking all the while.

H’kira nodded, she was soaking wet, “Poor druid…she never has any fun.”

“Yeah, well I’m not soaked either,” Jaheira retorted.

H’kira grinned wickedly, shifted wolf, and shook vigorously. Water spattered the druid from head to toe. The silver wolf ran back out into the rain. Jaheira swore mildly, morphed into a wolf and chased after the silver.

Nalia’s eyes widened again, “She’s a werewolf?” the young noble questioned.

“No,” Rahas replied, “She’s a druid, it’s different that way, she assumes the mere shape of the wolf…H’kira and I are partially wolf, we become the wolf and the wolf dwells within us…It’s complicated. Now if you’ll excuse me.”

The darkness took him and soon a wolf of the deepest black joined the others in the rain. Nalia followed and got H’kira to stop long enough to explain her predicament. Nalia didn’t want to marry a noble named Isaea and in order to get out of it she needed H’kira to take over as “Lord” of the keep. H’kira readily agreed and barely dodged a handful of mud thrown by Minsc.

Soon a mud war of enormous proportions was going on. Lady Delcia just about blew her stack when they came in, covered in mud, “These are the hooligans you’re giving the keep to? I consider this no better than when it was full of trolls.

The look on the nobles face when H’kira told her to stow it was priceless.

Well what’d ya think? I had to introduce a new character to be with H’kira…No offense to Anomen and Haer’Dalis lovers out there, but there was no way H’kira could have been with either one.

So…Enter Rahas…problem solved.

Hope you enjoyed

Thanks for reading…more for reviewing
H’kira n’ the Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com