Prologue: Painful memories Part 2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_glAssbOy_*

Posted 25 April 2003 - 03:14 PM

Prlogue: Painful memories Part 2

My best friend now became my lover…

Much has changed when that happened. Her pranks became less and less frequent, until one day it just stopped. Her boisterous voice that echoed through the fortress’s halls slowly faded. The fortress it seems is going back to its normal quiet, gloomy, lifeless, boring self…

However, for the two of us…It did not matter, for we had each other…

Our plans for each other were simple. First, we finish our studies, then we use the knowledge we learned to make a living, get married, have a family and just like in fairy tales, we will live happily ever after…

Those plans never happened. For in one night…I found out, that the world is not that simple as I thought. Though it pains me to name the people and places that were most dear to me, I will endure that pain for the sake of my story.

“Here is the continuation of my story…”

“C’mon Romar hurry up! What’s taking you so long?”

“Keep your voice down Imoen! Somebody might hear us or worst, see us!”

“Well hurry up!”

“Are you not even nervous Imoen? This is the first time we will be doing it in the library.”

“Candlekeep is one damn library! And I heard that you and Gorion will be leaving for a few days, so I thought I it would be best to do it now or never! Now let me help you with those damn pants of yours!”

“Imoen…wait…”

I was never that hesitant to rip off her clothes when we made love, if we were in the sanctity of our rooms. Imoen however was very adventurous; she would dare me to do it in the most dangerous of places, the garden, kitchen, classrooms and even sometimes the forest, with many people touring it. Nevertheless, I loved her for I knew that she loved me too and our love would not just end in simple sex.

Just a few more years and we could finally fulfill our dreams. Until the night that altered, our whole lives came…

“RUN! And don’t look back child! RUN!”

Those were Gorion’s last words to me before his head separated from his body. I ran as fast and as hard as I could, I ran so hard that I felt my heart would explode, so fast that my legs felt numb, I only stopped when I saw a dark figure in the crossroads. I drew my long sword and prepared myself for any combat.

“Show yourself!” I said, while tightening the grip on my sword.

“It’s only me Romar,” the figure stepped into the moonlight and her identity was revealed to me.”

“Imoen what are you doing here?” I asked her as I sheathed my sword back to its rightful place.

“I followed you and I saw everything, that man killing Gorion, you running so fast, I saw it all. You ran so fast that I could almost not follow, but I found a shortcut and-“

“Alright that would be enough Imoen, first we have to get to the inn Gorion told me to go to.”

“Why? What for?” she asked probingly.

“He said his friends there will tell me the truth I need to know.”

“T-t-truth?” she stuttered.

“Yes, is there something wrong Imoen?”

“N-nothing lets just go…” She answered in a somewhat disturbed manner.

We met Gorion’s friends when we got there. They were a half-elven couple by the name of Khalid and Jaheira, whom we gladly accepted to our group. However, they were not able to give me the truth I sought. The next were Dynaheir and her protectors, Minsc the berserker and the hamster Boo. The seven of us traveled together and we searched everywhere for Gorion’s murderer. We did quests, explored dungeons; we searched clues and pieces to the puzzle of Gorion’s murder. Moreover, during those times we traveled, Imoen and I did not made love that much. However, Imoen understood that I was still grieving Gorion’s death. At last, we found the man we were looking for…

His name is Sarevok, and he is my half-brother. He revealed to me the truth that I sought, not only of Gorion’s murder but also about my origin. He said that the two of us were just few of the countless children of Bhaal, the god of murder; he also told what his true plans for me were. It was so simple; he was just going to kill me and after that, he would wage war against Amn and finally proclaim himself as the new god of murder. Gorion had no part in all this, it just so happened that he was there at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I became mad at the “truth” he offered me. We fought each other; we fought with all the hatred we had in our hearts. Sarevok was the best swordsman I have ever encountered; unlike the many minions and assassins that he sent and died by my blade. The clashes of our swords lasted like forever. Finally, my blade found home in his body. He fell and I felt his essence escaped him and carried the foul taint he possessed back to Bhaal.

We celebrated after that event: not only did I avenge Gorion’s death but also because I was able to stop a bloodlust-driven massacre. We stayed in an inn and made love. We were hungry for each other. It felt like it has been eternity since our bodies last touched.

“It’s been quite some time since we did this huh?” Imoen said with satisfaction.

“Yeah” I answered tiredly.

“Romar…” Imoen sighed as she wearily placed her head on my chest.

“Yeah.” I said as I slowly cuddled her.

“Let us go back to Candlekeep,” she said while planting kisses on my neck.

“Don’t you know that some people still regard me as a sign of danger?”

Imoen gave a deep sigh of frustration, “Oh to hell with them! We saved them and everything and they are still being stupid.”

“We cannot blame them Imoen. People are always afraid of what they can’t understand.”

“It’s not fair Romar! Why do you stand for this? We can just run away and disappear for good!” she cried.

“Running away will not solve anything Imoen.”

“Then let’s just go back…we just have to go back Romar we just have to go back.” Imoen sadly said.

“Alright I promise we will go back to Candlekeep.”

Yes, I did become the hero of Baldur’s Gate; however, some people still were skeptic of me. They believed that since I was also a child of murder I would follow the steps of Sarevok.

Imoen did not care. She wanted the two of us to return to Candlekeep and continue the plans we had. However, it never came to completion.

I could not deny the facts that fear were gnawing me. I was afraid for Imoen; I do not want her to suffer much longer. I came up with a decision. I am going to leave and go somewhere that nobody knows who I am. I just hoped and prayed that she does not follow. After making sure she was in deep sleep, I rose from bed and hurriedly got dressed. I wrote a letter for her that I gave to the innkeeper for her to find in the morning.

So, I left her. However, little did I know that fate had other plans for the two of us…”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com