An Interview with Nalia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 23 October 2002 - 04:37 AM

An Interview with Nalia
by Ryan Brady

Ryan: Welcome to the Attic’s first ever, exclusive Shadows of Amn NPC interview! Today we are joined by the lovely and talented Nalia De’Arnise. Welcome, Nalia, and thanks for stopping by.

Nalia: No problem, Ryan. Glad to be here. Hi, everyone!

Ryan: Why don’t we begin by talking about how you got started in acting.

Nalia: Well, my first gig was as a body double for Tori Spelling on Beverly Hills 90210.

Ryan: Tori Spelling needed a body double?

Nalia: Well, Tori is a bit of a prude, you see, so whenever they had a scene where her character needed to be in an intimate situation, I filled in for her. As you can imagine, it wasn’t the most rewarding experience, so once the series got canceled I left the acting scene for a few years until I signed on with Bioware to do Shadows of Amn.

Ryan: So, how did you find out about Bioware?

Nalia: Actually, it was Imoen who turned me on to them. She and I have been friends for years. We went to the same high school and we did cheerleading and gymnastics together. Anyway, she came out to visit me in Los Angeles in the summer of ‘99 and told me about how the company she was working for—Bioware—was looking for an attractive, young girl to play the role of a noble’s daughter in the sequel to Baldur’s Gate, and she thought I’d be great for the part. I was working as a waitress at this sleazy diner in south Riverside at the time, so her timing couldn’t have been better. I flew up to Edmonton, Canada that weekend for an interview with Ray and Greg and the next thing I knew I was on the project.

Ryan: You were announced as one of the NPCs very early in the project, well before production actually began. What did you do in the mean time?

Nalia: The guys at Bioware subcontracted me out to Black Isle Studios to help them with Icewind Dale.

Ryan: I didn’t realize you were in Icewind Dale.

Nalia: Most people don’t. I played Yxunomei.

Ryan: You were Yxunomei?!

Nalia: Sure was. It’s amazing what a little makeup and some dark lighting can do. Oh, and a Polymorph spell. I was a little leery of the part at first, seeing as how I had to go topless, ‘cause I usually don’t play those kinds of roles. But once I found out that I’d be morphed into the form of a greater tanar’ri it didn’t seem quite so bad.

Ryan: So, then it was on to Shadows of Amn. What was it like working with the other NPCs?

Nalia: Oh, it was an absolute blast! Everyone was so supportive. Korgan has a lot of stage and theater experience, and he would put together acting workshops on the weekends for some of us younger cast members. He really helped me to capture my character’s true personality and bring out some of her subtle quirks and nuances.

Ryan: So all the cast members got along pretty well?

Nalia: Definitely. During the game some of us fight and argue, but off stage we all get along famously. Take Edwin, for example. In the game he’s an absolute jerk, but in real life he’s totally cool. I baby-sit his kids sometimes. They’re such cute little angels.

Ryan: Now that the project is done, what are the other cast members doing?

Nalia: Well, I haven’t really kept up with everyone, but last I heard Minsc was going back to school to finish his doctoral degree in quantum metaphysics, Jan was filming an Infomercial on the Home Shopping Network for his TurniPeeler 2000, Cernd and Jaheira were putting together a documentary on the mating habits of the anhkeg for Animal Planet, Yoshimo and Imoen were doing a Tae-Bo aerobic fitness video, and Aerie...uh, well we really don’t like to talk about Aerie.

Ryan: I heard she’s fallen in with a bad crowd since leaving the project.

Nalia: That’s certainly putting it mildly. Last time I saw her she was doing the rave scene in east L.A. and was totally whacked out on ecstasy.

Ryan: That seems to be happening more and more these days with those child actresses.

Nalia: Yeah, too much money and too much time on her hands. It’s really a shame.

Ryan: Well, I wouldn’t go too hard on her. I heard that you had a little problem with black lotus a few years back.

Nalia: Oh, please! I tried it ONCE when I was fifteen. I was young and stupid, but I certainly didn’t have a “problem.” Besides, I never inhaled.

Ryan: Right. So, anyway, what have you been up to now that the project’s finished?

Nalia: Well, like most of the crew I’ve been getting ready to start filming the expansion pa...oh, wait! I’m not supposed to be talking about that yet! Can we strike that last statement from the record?

Ryan: Uh, sure. (he-he)

Nalia: Thanks. So...um, I’ve been getting ready to work on another project that will soon be announced.

Ryan: Sounds exciting. So, any truth to the rumors about you and Joey Fatone of N’Sync being an item?

Nalia: Yeah, right. Look, we hooked up once at this night club in New York, but that was it. I hardly think that qualifies us as an item.

Ryan: I’ve also heard some rumors about you and Dak’kon of Planescape: Torment fame being seen together on a rather frequent basis.

Nalia: Um...no comment on that one.

Ryan: Ah, so you’re into the older gentlemen then, are you?

Nalia: Ahem! I said ‘no comment’!

Ryan: Dak is, what, a hundred and seventy five years old? Doesn’t the age difference make for a slight problem in your relationship?

Nalia: Have I mentioned that Polymorph Other is one of my favorite spells? And that Minsc has been looking for a companion for Boo?

Ryan: Err, after careful consideration I have decided to withdraw my last three questions and quickly change the subject.

Nalia: Smart move.

Ryan: Well, that’s about all the time we have for now, Nalia. Thanks again for taking time out of your busy schedule to stop by and talk with us.

Nalia: Hey, it was my pleasure. You guys have some really talented authors here at the Attic, and I always enjoy reading their stories.

Ryan: Until next time, this is Ryan Brady wishing everyone farewell and goodnight.

Nalia: Bye, everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com