Phoenix, Part One

Imoen Aerie Skie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

I keep wanting to write a story taking characters through the events of Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2. But, despite planning and considering many small plot twists and changes, I’m afraid I do find it very hard to maintain my interest in telling what is still essentially the same story everyone already knows from the games.

So, as far as Baldur’s Gate fic goes, I’ll carry on writing short stories depicting oriiginal adventures of the characters. And due to demand, might do some more Back to Reality and Wings. And speaking of Wings, this first new episode I’ve written is more or less a sequel to it, so may contain some spoilers since that story isn’t yet finished. Still, nothing too shocking. It’s loosely based on how I would liked a proper quest for Aerie to have gone in the game.

First, some background info:

Most of Shadows of Amn played out more or less as it does in the game, with the default party of Bhaalspawn, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc and Yoshimo, who were soon joined by Aerie, with the final party slot kept for all the other NPC's to rotate around in. But after defeating Irenicus, Imoen decided to step out of the shadow of her sibling and returned to Athkatla with Minsc and Aerie to take over the guild.

Meanwhile, in Baldur's Gate, Eldoth Kron seemed to have suddenly come into some money. The young Umberlant, Tenya, whose time in the Sea Queen's house seemed to have taken a turn for the worse (the exact details of what happened in there are still known only to her), happened to be seeking Imoen when she accidentally discovered that Eldoth had sold out all of his former companions, who were now in Amn. The bard then infuriated her enough that she decided to spare his life, and instead deliver him to the people he had betrayed. With the help of Skie Silvershield, who was now starting to see what an abusive, manipulative piece of slime Eldoth really was, they recruited several other old companions (the ones whose wherabouts aren't already explained or known in the games) to keep Eldoth from escaping while they transported him south.

By the time they arrived, Imoen had already been rescued from Spellhold and the Bhaalspawn were on their way to face Bodhi. Eldoth did manage to escape shortly after, but was soon found again and, cornered and desperate, threw himself from a cliff.

And that more or less brings us up to the present.  From now on, most of my short stories will be set around this continuum.

Phoenix, Part One

~*~

Another glorious morning in the city of coin. The sun was up, with it’s rays breaking through the fluffy white clouds like a picture of heaven. The birds were up too, calling, guiding and singing their songs, and so was Aerie. Not singing, exactly, but humming. She could hum very well. And the reason for her happy hum was that she’d had the best night’s sleep since… well, since she could remember. Also, she had helped rescue Imoen, defeat Irenicus and save a whole city destruction, and in the process come to realise something about herself that she may have occasionally suspected before, but for some reason had never been able to accept; that she was actually a quite good witch.

There was a definite spring in her step, blonde hair bouncing as she skipped down the stairs of Imoen’s Guild. But upon reaching the first landing, she stopped, her pointed elven ears standing up as she looked about. There was Skie Silvershield, leaning by the window at the end of the hall. Aerie thought she’d heard sobbing.

“Are you okay?” The elf asked, approaching softly.

Skie turned to face her, lower lip folded and red rings clearly visible under her eyes. “No, Aerie. I am not okay,” she informed the blonde. “I am the complete opposite of okay. I’m worthless.”

Aerie shook her head and arched an eyebrow. “I… don’t believe anyone is worthless. W-why would you think that?”

“You know, I used to have men lined up for me. Well… my father lined them up for me. I’m sure most of them just wanted to inherit his land and money when he died, but at least some I think were actually good and decent people,” the duke’s daughter sighed as she reminisced. “Those were the ones I always thought were too safe… too boring.”

Of course; this was about Eldoth, again. “We all… make mistakes,” Aerie tried to assure her.

“Eldoth was more than just a mistake… it was sheer stupidity. Could you have fallen for a man like that?”

“I don’t know,” Aerie answered honestly. She supposed toward the end of her time in the circus, when she’d been always restless and wanted nothing more than to leave that place behind, she supposed if the wrong person had come along and offered her a hand then, then she might have taken it without asking too many questions. “Maybe…”

But Skie didn’t seem to believe the elf, if she was even really listening at all. “Imoen always said he was slimy… that he had slime oozing out of every pore in his skin. Why couldn’t I see that?”

“You… thought you were in love?”

“I… I knew he was bad. I guess I thought that was exciting, and that maybe I could change him somehow. All stupid, childish fantasies. And now, I have nothing. And no one wants me.”

“Oh… t-that’s not true. We’re all happy that you’ve decided to stay here these last few months… a-and eaten all of our olives…”

“Sorry… I suppose I have been a burden…”

“N-no,” Aerie sighed. The elf only had her own limited amount of experience to draw from, but it occurred to her then that perhaps it was useful here. “Look, I-I thought I was worthless, once… when they cut off my wings. If Quayle hadn’t taken me in, t-then I’d have probably just been thrown in a ditch and left there to die. But, even if you’ve lost everything, you can get better again and make a new life for yourself.”

“So, you’re saying to keep moving forward?”

“I… suppose.”

“I don’t know… maybe you’re right,” Skie said, shaking herself. “Oh, listen to me go on; like some poor lost puppy in need of love and attention.”

Aerie smiled, sweetly. “It’s alright.”

The brunette stared through the window, her eyes coming to focus on some object in the middle distance. “What about that dock worker who comes in sometimes? The one with the curls… he seems nice.”

The elf, a little puzzled by the sudden turn, went to the window and followed Skie’s stare. “Leo?”

“Leo,” Skie sighed. “He’s rather cute, isn’t he?”

“He’s very nice,” Aerie agreed. Then when she read the expression on the human woman’s face, she couldn’t help but smile. “Oh, but… I-I think you’re barking up the wrong tree.”

“What do you mean?”

“I-I mean that… look more closely. A-at the way he’s holding hands with that blacksmith. Greg, I believe is his name…”

“Oh,” Skie sagged slightly. “I didn’t spot that either… I am useless…” Her head hung for a moment, but then suddenly lifted back up. “What about Renal Bloodscalp? He’s single, right?”

Aerie looked disgusted. “You really need a lot of help… a-anyway, you don’t need a man to make you feel good.”

“How would you know?”

“I… just think you’ll only really start to feel better about yourself when you start to do things on your own,” Aerie explained, then repeated the last few lines of the conversation over again in her head. “I… hope that’s not misinterpreted. I-I mean you should follow your own goals.”

“I know, but… I don’t have any goals. The only thing I cared about was Eldoth… and now he’s gone, and ruined my entire life in the process.”

“Don’t… d-don’t dwell so much on the past. I-I know it’s impossible to ever forget where you’ve been, but think of all the places you can go if you choose to.”

“Where can I go?”

“A-as I understand it, had you stayed where you were, you would have been forced, eventually, to marry, a-and to allow your husband to keep you and take over running all your business and property. But now… you can do whatever you want. I-Imoen said you were interested in history… maybe you could be an archaeologist?”

Skie scoffed. “Me? Digging through dirt and dusting off ancient stone tablets? I…” she paused suddenly, tilting her head. “No… no, it’s silly…”

“It doesn’t have to be that; it could be anything. Maybe… m-maybe you could start your own business, and work to get back the things you had before.”

“I… no, you… you have to know a lot to do things like that. And be very smart. And I’m… I’m not smart. I’m dumb. Dumber than a big dumb dog that was voted dumbest dog on show, when three of the other dogs competing were dead and stuffed.”

Aerie sighed a little resignedly. “I’m sorry… I-I think I’ve said just about all I can. It’s up to you; you can carry on berating yourself, or you can at least try to do something else. You say Eldoth caused you to lose everything, but… I think, if you keep letting the memory of him dominate your entire life, then you’ll never regain anything. You’ll have let him win.”

Moments later, Aerie was down the next flight of stairs, through the kitchen, and found Imoen having breakfast in the dining room.

“Morning Aerrers,” the redhead said without looking up. Imoen claimed she could identify every one of her friends by the sound of their footsteps. Minsc had big, heavy steps, of course… Aerie’s was a soft padding. But then, Imoen had also once claimed that pound for pound, she was stronger than Shar-Teel. When the warrior woman found out, she made Aerie shrink her so that she could then set the redhead right.

As the avariel sat down, Imoen continued to prod a sticky green blob on her plate with a fork. “What do you suppose that is?”

Aerie peered at the blob, examining it from several different angles. “It’s… some kind of vegetable?”

“I knew it… that cook’s trying to kill me! He knows I’m allergic to vegetables…”

“It’s green… so, maybe it’s good for you…”

“Think so? Would you eat an Orc?”

“No… t-that would be wrong on so many levels…”

“So not everything green is good for you, is it?”

“I… guess not,” Aerie lowered herself across the table, so that she could see Imoen’s face. “You look tired.”

Imoen looked around to make sure the room was otherwise, then leant forward and spoke to her friend in a hushed tone. “I… had a dream last night.”

“Oh… was it… was it about Bhaal?”

“No… no rivers of blood or anything like that. I dreamt I was attacked by a swarm of thousands of little pieces of paper that kept cutting my skin, and then surrounded and smothered me… then I woke up and realised that it wasn’t a dream. Running a guild is more complicated than I thought.”

Aerie stared at her for a moment. It was hard to look at Imoen and not just see a young woman much like herself, if a little more laid back and carefree, or had been. But Imoen’s brother had been quite honest about who he was when she’d joined him to rescue her; a child of Bhaal. Of course, he hadn’t realised that the girl he’d grown up around was also a child of the ex-God of murder. And as for Aerie, she’d never thought much about it. She’d just wanted so badly to escape from the circus, and they were just people, people who had helped her. That was how she saw them, at least until actually being on the dead God’s plane made the whole thing start to seem more real…

But that was something to worry about another time. She trusted that Imoen was a good person, basically. Someone who always tried and wanted to do the right thing.

“How so?” The elf asked.

“Gotta keep track of all the money coming in and going out. Make sure there’s always enough to pay Renal Bloodscalp his rent, and buy our food and equipment… and it turns out I have to actually pay all the people who work for me.”

“Really?” Aerie arched an eyebrow. “You’ve… never paid me anything…”

“Sure I have, kid. I just… I keep your share of the money safe for you.”

“Okay… could I see it, at least?”

“Now why would you need to see it? Don’t you trust me?”

“I… suppose,” although when it came to money or anything shiny, Aerie wasn’t sure how far she would trust Imoen.

“Then don’t worry about it; I’m just looking out for ya,” Imoen said, taking a bite of her breakfast which she immediately spat out again. “Pfeh… on top of everything else, the food here is awful.”

Obviously another thing that would have to wait a little while… “I-I thought you going to get a new cook?”

“I was… but, how do you even do stuff like that? Where do you go, who do talk to? I don’t know.”

“It… sounds like you need help…”

“You know anything about running a guild?”

“No. Nothing.”

“Didn’t think so,” Imoen said, rubbing her temples. “I tried asking Nalia about it, but she’s always too busy. ‘Sides, I think she’s still mad about her race horse… which is silly, right? I’m not responsible for nature.”

“No, but… y-you were responsible for turning it into a mouse…”

“I was gonna turn it back… if that owl hadn’t eaten it… anyway, that thing was beast; it would have probably killed her, eventually. I saved her life.”

“Maybe,” Aerie sighed. She realised there wasn’t much point in arguing about it now; Imoen had had a long time to think up justifications for what she’d done. But, maybe she could help solve a few other problems, now. “W-why don’t you ask Skie to help run the place?”

Imoen arched a brow. “Skie?”

“Her family owned and ran several businesses, didn’t they? I’m sure she could help.”

“Hm… I don’t know, kid. She’s done nothing but mope around these last few months… you really think she could take on a big job like this? It’s a lotta ‘sponsibility.”

“I think… I-I think it’s important for her to feel useful, and wanted.”

“And why’s that matter to you?”

“I’m just trying to help someone… both of you, really.”

Imoen leant back a little, making a pyramid with her hands as she looked across at the elf. “Alright,” she sighed, “I’ll ask her. But remember; if Renal Bloodscalp decides to have us all murdered for not paying rent, it’ll be your fault.”

“Thank you,” Aerie grinned happily. “Um… a-about my money…”

“Told you; it’s safe.”

“C-could I at least see it?”

“Why would you need to see it? Thought you said you trusted me.”

“I’m just curious to know how much I have…”

“Got that written down on a bit of paper upstairs… might be lost in the pile though. Take a while to find it…”

“What… w-what if I do want to take some of it?”

“Now what would you need money for?”

“Books, spell components, new boots…”

“I can get you all that.”

“I-I’d rather be able to do it myself…”

“Aerie… kid. You are someone who knows the value of everything, but the price of nothing. There are a lot of greedy merchants out there who can talk and talk rings around you, ‘til you give in and hand it all over for a magic turnip or something…”

Aerie folded her arms, huffing a little, then mumblrd, “I… can’t help feeling something similar may already be happening…”

“Aww… look,” Imoen reached out and patted the elf on the shoulder. “Don’t be so sensitive. You know how much I love ‘ya, really. That’s why I’m protecting you. “

“I… don’t want to be protected all the time. I want to learn to do things myself.”

“And you will,” Imoen seemed to think for a moment. “For now, why don’t you help me by going down the road to the smithy. Cromwell’s supposed to have some knives ready for us, so you can just pick ‘em up and bring ‘em back here.”

Aerie blinked. “T-the smithy?”

“Yes.”

“Hm… b-by myself?”

“Yes. You can do that, right?”

“I-I…” the elf hesitated a moment, but then pulled herself up straight. “Yes… I can do that.”

“Good. Then I trust you. Now, it’s already paid for, so all you’ve gotta do is show him this bit of paper and tell him I sent you.”

“Okay.”

“Just relax, kid; he’s a good fella.”

“Okay. I… I’ll go right away,” the elf said, taking the receipt and standing up.

Imoen called again, when her friend was halfway across the room. “Aerie…”

“Y-yes?”

“The front door is that way.”

Ir was a simple task, and for the most part went exactly as Imoen had said. It had taken Aerie a minute to actually step inside the forge once she got there, and then another minute before anyone noticed her and asked if she needed any help. But after that, she just showed them the paper and got the knives.

But, she was afraid she might have come across as rude when she hurriedly thanked the dwarf then rushed to leave. She hadn’t meant to, of course. It was just… the sight of all those red hot blades with steam hissing off them… it stirred things in her stomach, and her memory. She thought maybe she should apologise, but that would mean having to go back inside… but then, maybe she was worried about nothing. She would just have to wait and see. Cromwell was a ‘good fella’, but she didn’t know him well enough to want to explain that she’d once been dragged from a cage to a place where men were heating their blades in order to cut her wings from her.

It seemed lately she’d been very good at giving advice, but not so good at following it. But you couldn’t just forget where you’d been.

Sighing, she pushed herself away from the wall in order to make the short journey back to the guild. She should, perhaps, have opened her eyes first and avoided the collision.

“I-I’m sorry, sir!” She stammered after she fell. She expected an angry reply, ‘why the hell don’t you look where you’re going’, or something along those lines. And for once at least, it would have been justified since it really was her fault that they fell. But instead, she heard her name.

“Aerie,” the man said. Surprised, she looked up. He was already standing again, the young man. Brown hair, a little dirty and unshaven. She didn’t think she had ever met him before.

“Eh… e-excuse me?”

“Your name is Aerie,” he told her. His face seemed to have a little twitch. Several little twitches in face.

She thought about how to answer. In stories she’d read, the reply was often ‘depends on who’s asking’. But, assuming that many other people had read the same stories, she couldn’t see how such an answer did anything other than confirm you were who you were accused of being.

“Do I… know you?” She asked instead. There seemed little sense in denying anything.

The man shook his head. “No… you don’t. But, I have information for you. Information you might find interesting.”

“Information for me?” Aerie shook her head. “You… you must mean for Imoen, o-or Jaheira, maybe. I can pass it along…”

“Share it with your friends if you like, but the information is for you. Do you see that ship that arrived yesterday? The one flying the flag of Baldur’s Gate?”

Aerie turned her head toward the dock just enough to see it, and keep one eye on the stranger. “Yes.”

“You should take a look at what’s on board.”

“Why?”

“Like I said; I think you might find it interesting.”

“Okay,” the elf nodded. She took her eye off him for a second in order to gather the bags she’d dropped. “W-who…” but then he was gone, of course. It wasn’t a whole lot of information, was it? Much as Aerie appreciated the need to build suspense, surely in real life mysterious strangers could just say what was there before disappearing into thin air.

But then as she started to take very slow, very small steps back to the guild, she thought that maybe it was all the information she needed. She was sure she had never met that man, but anyone would only need to know a little of her past to guess where her sympathies might lie. She also remembered Nalia talking about a new treaty between Baldur’s Gate and Amn that the noblewoman wasn’t happy with; it meant that ships from the northern city were no longer allowed to be searched by the guards here. Which would provide various types of unscrupulous people perfect cover… on the other hand, this stranger might be expecting her to go tell the others, using her to lure everyone into some kind of trap. Or maybe all this pondering was completely pointless, as there was only one way she would ever know for sure.

She decided, eventually, that maybe she didn’t have to go back to the guild right away. She could do a few other things on her own. Of course, she wouldn’t be so foolhardy as to try and storm the ship herself… but there was no harm in just looking around it and listening for clues. Before she knew it, she was stood by the ramp.

There didn’t seem to be much out of the ordinary. Sailors tying ropes, workers carrying crates on board… but then, she wasn’t really expecting to see anything outside. By casting invisibility on herself, she might be able to slip on board with no one noticing. But if the spell wore off while she was still on board, or if there were wards against illusions…

“Who are you?” She heard a woman ask.

Aerie spun about to answer… then stopped. Her blood went cold as her eyes widened. It was another elven woman that confronted, although a lot older than Aerie. The avariel knew that, because she had met the exact same woman before, when she was still a child. The black hair with the red band and that long, dark bow… she remembered them all too well.

“Have you no tongue?” The woman pressed, stepping closer. “I asked who you were…”

Even without the needlessly confrontational tone, Aerie’s body was tense. Thoughts of finally being able to exact some measure of revenge or justice after so many years flashed through her head… she was no longer a child; she had the power now to defend herself, and was more than capable of inflicting harm as well. But she remembered what others had taught her. The woman was presumably a part of the crew of this ship; a battle with so many people would be very destructive, and almost certainly attract the attention of the guards and cowled wizards. No; she had to go back to the others, and tell them.

“I-I… I’m no one, ma’am,” Aerie answered. The woman stepped even closer. The blonde found it very hard to keep meeting her gaze.

“Have I seen you somewhere before?” The woman asked. She might have sensed Aerie’s surprise and recognition. If she knew that Aerie knew she was a slaver, she would never let the blonde leave. But then, although the woman had stayed the same, Aerie had grown and changed a lot since they’d encountered each other. There was still a good chance she could get away without causing too much of a scene.

“I don’t think so, ma’am.”

“Are you certain? You look familiar, somehow.”

“Fairly certain,” Aerie glanced about nervously. “Erm… I-I seem to be somewhat lost. This isn’t the ship I’m looking for…”

“I would not have thought so, no.”

In Aerie’s favour, she guessed the woman probably wouldn’t want to attract much attention here either, considering what was likely being concealed below deck. “I… I guess I’ll ask those guards for help. E-excuse me…”

The woman stepped aside, allowing her to pass. But she kept watching Aerie, until the avariel had disappeared. One time Aerie looked back, she was sure she saw the woman with her hand in her quiver… fortunately, she thought better of it.

Had she been able to place the blonde, Aerie wouldn’t know… at least, not until she returned after dark. And she fully planned to return. The blonde rested, catching her breath near the guild, a twitch in her side reminding her of the arrow that had brought her crashing down to earth.

#2 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

This is an awesome beginning - Aerie, Imoen, and Skie, with character development just about to clock Skie across the head! :D I'm definitely looking forward to reading more.

Another glorious morning in the city of coin. The sun was up, with it’s rays breaking through the fluffy white clouds like a picture of heaven. The birds were up too, calling, guiding and singing their songs, and so was Aerie. Not singing, exactly, but humming. She could hum very well. And the reason for her happy hum was that she’d had the best night’s sleep since… well, since she could remember. Also, she had helped rescue Imoen, defeat Irenicus and save a whole city destruction, and in the process come to realise something about herself that she may have occasionally suspected before, but for some reason had never been able to accept; that she was actually a quite good witch.

Ask Minsc about that, Aerie. He may have received a few too many knocks to the head, but as a Rashemi warrior he is a witch expert!

Skie turned to face her, lower lip folded and red rings clearly visible under her eyes. “No, Aerie. I am not okay,” she informed the blonde. “I am the complete opposite of okay. I’m worthless.”

Aerie shook her head and arched an eyebrow. “I… don’t believe anyone is worthless. W-why would you think that?”

“You know, I used to have men lined up for me. Well… my father lined them up for me. I’m sure most of them just wanted to inherit his land and money when he died, but at least some I think were actually good and decent people,” the duke’s daughter sighed as she reminisced. “Those were the ones I always thought were too safe… too boring.”

They say that happy mediums work.

Of course; this was about Eldoth, again. “We all… make mistakes,” Aerie tried to assure her.

“Eldoth was more than just a mistake… it was sheer stupidity. Could you have fallen for a man like that?”

“I don’t know,” Aerie answered honestly. She supposed toward the end of her time in the circus, when she’d been always restless and wanted nothing more than to leave that place behind, she supposed if the wrong person had come along and offered her a hand then, then she might have taken it without asking too many questions. “Maybe…”

If he were a Bhaalspawn and said all the right things, definitely.

“He’s very nice,” Aerie agreed. Then when she read the expression on the human woman’s face, she couldn’t help but smile. “Oh, but… I-I think you’re barking up the wrong tree.”

“What do you mean?”

“I-I mean that… look more closely. A-at the way he’s holding hands with that blacksmith. Greg, I believe is his name…”

Sounds like a cute couple! Aerie, yaoi fan. :)

“Oh,” Skie sagged slightly. “I didn’t spot that either… I am useless…” Her head hung for a moment, but then suddenly lifted back up. “What about Renal Bloodscalp? He’s single, right?”

*snicker* No matter how dreadful his dandruff problem, he's probably not as bad as Eldoth! :D

“A-as I understand it, had you stayed where you were, you would have been forced, eventually, to marry, a-and to allow your husband to keep you and take over running all your business and property. But now… you can do whatever you want. I-Imoen said you were interested in history… maybe you could be an archaeologist?”

Skie scoffed. “Me? Digging through dirt and dusting off ancient stone tablets? I…” she paused suddenly, tilting her head. “No… no, it’s silly…”

She does like history and languages a lot. (Or maybe she could be the Jackie Chan type of archaeologist!)

“Morning Aerrers,” the redhead said without looking up. Imoen claimed she could identify every one of her friends by the sound of their footsteps. Minsc had big, heavy steps, of course… Aerie’s was a soft padding. But then, Imoen had also once claimed that pound for pound, she was stronger than Shar-Teel. When the warrior woman found out, she made Aerie shrink her so that she could then set the redhead right.

You set the record straight, Shar-Teel.  ^_^

“Didn’t think so,” Imoen said, rubbing her temples. “I tried asking Nalia about it, but she’s always too busy. ‘Sides, I think she’s still mad about her race horse… which is silly, right? I’m not responsible for nature.”

“No, but… y-you were responsible for turning it into a mouse…”

“I was gonna turn it back… if that owl hadn’t eaten it… anyway, that thing was beast; it would have probably killed her, eventually. I saved her life.”

I liked your Aerie/Imoen banter.

Had she been able to place the blonde, Aerie wouldn’t know… at least, not until she returned after dark. And she fully planned to return. The blonde rested, catching her breath near the guild, a twitch in her side reminding her of the arrow that had brought her crashing down to earth.

I really liked Aerie's adventure here - the mysterious stranger, the encounter from her capture, the elven slaver with the bow. This looks like it's leading to some fantastic places. Very lovely introduction to the story here!

#3 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

This is an awesome beginning - Aerie, Imoen, and Skie, with character development just about to clock Skie across the head! :D I'm definitely looking forward to reading more.

Ask Minsc about that, Aerie. He may have received a few too many knocks to the head, but as a Rashemi warrior he is a witch expert!

Indeed, Minsc is very wise, although not so wise as Boo, and Aerie was his first choice to succeed Dynaheir.

They say that happy mediums work.

So, someone who leads an otherwise normal life with a steady job, but is just addicted to a little shoplifting? 

If he were a Bhaalspawn and said all the right things, definitely.

Just gotta be nice to her (but not let her start to suspect that you might just be using her or anyone else).

“What do you mean?”

Sounds like a cute couple! Aerie, yaoi fan. :)

She is a fairy, and just being a bit more observant than Skie, here. :) 

*snicker* No matter how dreadful his dandruff problem, he's probably not as bad as Eldoth! :D

An ogre with a severe head injury wouldn't be as bad as Eldoth.

She does like history and languages a lot. (Or maybe she could be the Jackie Chan type of archaeologist!)

Or don the special archaeologist short-shorts that they all get after qualifying, and become the Faerunian Lara Croft.

You set the record straight, Shar-Teel.   ^_^

Im should have thought more carefully about that one.

I really liked Aerie's adventure here - the mysterious stranger, the encounter from her capture, the elven slaver with the bow. This looks like it's leading to some fantastic places. Very lovely introduction to the story here!

Thank you! Next time it's... well it's a big fight, basically.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imoen, Aerie, Skie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com