Im & Aer: Talk About Eachother.

imoen aerie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just what the title says; Imoen and Aerie are 'interviewed', and each shares a few of their likes and dislikes about the other.

Im & Aer:

~*~

Eachother

Imoen:  Okay, so, the big headed fella’ere is sticking some kind of wand in my face n’telling me to say what I think ‘bout Aerrers… Aerie.  Right… sheesh, they knew who I meant… I mean the clues in the picture, right?  N’what’s wrong with the way I speak, ya’ blunderhead?  I get enough of that carp from that gripey termagant Nalia… I ain’t taking none of it from yous too… I am speaking common!

Fine.

So, what do I like most about Aerie?

Well, I guess I quite like how she can heal me when I’ve got a runny nose.  And she’s real, really, cuddly as well… it’s hard to choose which one is best.  I guess the cuddles, ‘cos you can do that whenever and it cheers us both up.  I also like how her cheeks go really red when she’s embarrassed or angry.  It’s real cute.

But as a person… she is very nice, and kind, and all that.  Even when she’s mad at me, she still makes a fuss and worries if I’m hurt.  It’s strange though, ‘cos she doesn’t really like being around people, like in a crowded inn or whatever, but she always wants to help them if she can.  I mean, she is very interested in people.  Whenever she can, she pesters everyone with questions about what they’re thinking, doing, why do they think that… I think she wouldn’t mind being a novelist, since she want’s to know everything about everyone’s character.  It’s just a lot people in once place makes her nervous, so acting was never really gonna happen.

But anyway, she doesn’t like people being bullied, abused or trapped, in any way whatsoever; that really riles her feathers... it’s alright; she’s gotten used to all that.

I think she’s braver than me, too.  So, if she sees any of that stuff going on, she’ll jump right in to stop it, putting herself in harm’s way.  I know, that’s kinda what got her stuck in a cage, but… she hasn’t let all that change her that much, really… she still cares.  She’s a lot tougher than I think most folk can understand… ‘cos, you know, getting all nasty and cynical ‘bout the world, that’s the very easy way.  Being nice in spite of all the crappy badness life throws at ‘ya; that’s real difficult.  But that’s who she is… she stumbles and falls down a lot, but she gets up and keeps trying her best and won’t let anything defeat her.

Oh… and she’s smart too.  Real smart.  I mean, most mages, like me and Nals and Eddie, we’re really good at reading a scroll, remembering it, and repeating it again and again.  And we can do numbers and stuff in her heads… but, I don’t think that’s real intelligence.  Like on your world, you’ve got your little blinking boxes that can do all that… ‘puters, right?  But they ain’t smart, ‘cos you gotta tell them how to do everything or they start bleeping and stop working, then when you push the button again, they’ve got the damn cheek to tell you it was your fault ‘cos you didn’t shut down properly, or saink… I dropped the one I was given out a window for being too damn cocky all the time…

But yeah, anyway… Aerie’s got that extra something.  Don’t know what it is.  Intuition, maybe?  I don’t know.  She can do numbers and remember and all that as well, put… she can see patterns where other people can’t, and she can sometimes put things together that no-one else had thought of putting like that before.  And she’s really good at lateral thinking puzzles, too.  Maybe it’s just that she sees the world a little differently, and she’s more amazed by stuff and looks at it more closely.

Any bad points?

She doesn’t really whine.  I know some buffleheads say she does, but no… she’s quiet around most people and just gets on with stuff.  Sometimes she talks to me about her problems, but we’re friends, so that’s alright.  And she worries about me just as much… it’s just, well… see I’m not very good at talking about, well, y’know… feelings and stuff.  So I tend to just make a joke of it, and she can take it the wrong way.  She can be very sensitive; that’s number one.  Not all the time; she jokes around sometimes as well, but, yeah…

She doesn’t get really angry very often, but when does… boy.  It’s like a fireball going off… not literally; she doesn’t try to physically hurt any of us.  Very rarely she does, anyway.  But she can get real nasty.  But at least, when she calms down, she always tries to make up for it.  Like, when she had that spat with Jaheira, when it had all settled down, Aerrers spent the next tenday bringing her breakfast, polishing her shield, cleaning her boots, even offered to do her hair… I think that all actually annoyed Jae more.  They get on now; Aerie kinda looks up to her, and Jae actually likes being yelled at sometimes.

And the other thing is, she’s convinced she can beat me.  Sparring, racing, chess, buckaroo… you name it.  Doesn’t matter how many times I thrash her at all those things, she still thinks she’s close, and the next time’ll be different.  She thinks I cheat, but she hasn’t been able to prove nothing… heh; she never quits though.  And obviously I can’t let her win, ‘cos she would know and would never forgive me, and I think it’s good for her to have a goal… even if it is way out of her reach.  She’ll keep trying and getting better.  And so will I, see?

~*~

Aerie: Y-you… you want me to talk into… i-into this?  But, I-I don’t really know what to say… I’m not really much of a public speaker.  I-I don’t even sing when I’m alone in the bath… o-okay… I’ll try my best.

What do I like about Imoen?

That’s… that’s a good question.  C-can I have some time to think about it?  No?  Oh.

W-well, then, I suppose… she’s quite funny, sometimes.  She enjoys being her own person and doesn’t seem to care too much what other people think… s-she’s just so carefree, and enjoys life, and doesn’t seem to want to waste a moment of it.   I-I guess she reminds me a little of me, when I was her age.

And, s-she doesn’t talk down to me like some others do.  I mean, s-she does call me kid sometimes, even though I’m older… but then she says you’re only as old as you feel, w-which I know is a cliché but I guess is sort of true.  And she does jump on me, sometimes, a-and tweak my nose and my ears, pinches things, steals my diary… but, she doesn’t treat me differently to anyone else.

No; she doesn’t bully me.  I mean, i-it’s nice of you to be concerned but, honestly, I-I’m not the pushover people think I am.  If I really didn’t like, or thought she was doing any of those things to be nasty, I-I wouldn’t put up with them.  And she never hurts me, or anything like that, so…

Yes… anyway.  Imoen is kind.  Usually, if she sees me or anyone looking sad, s-she’ll tell a joke or tell a game to take your mind off it.  She says I think too much, sometimes, a-and make myself all anxious and sad, so she’s always trying to distract me.  Although I think she does it as much to distract herself as me.

Of course, she does get sad, sometimes, yes.  A-and I think sometimes she feels very lonely, e-even with all her siblings around.  Because, s-she’s always trying to be cheerful and make it so that they don’t worry about her… but really, she’s gets very scared and confused sometimes, a-and I don’t think she knows how to tell anybody.  And that’s why she does dumb things.  She’s not good at talking about any feelings; like, w-when a young man, who I knew she liked, tried to kiss her once, she just blew a raspberry and ran away with his wallet.

She’s very childish.  I-I guess we sometimes all think she should grow up, but then… i-its part of her charm, I suppose.  And s-she is clever, she just doesn't take things seriously or always a-apply herself as much as she should... i-if she did, she would be dazzling, and I've have no chance of ever catching her...

Bad points?

Well, l-like I said; she’s childish.  Sometimes, she can a bit inconsiderate, a-and doesn’t always realize that even though something is fun for her, it might be ruining the fun for other people.  And she doesn’t understand concepts like property or privacy… y-you just get used to that.

Honestly, she just doesn’t think much beyond what’s happening around her, or consider that there might be negative consequences for people far away or in the future.  Like she lives in her own world that’s shielded and separate from the other world outside…

But, I-I don’t know.  I guess I like being part of Imoen’s World, sometimes… it’s fun and there’s nothing there is ever malicious.

Edited by Coutelier, 09 January 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#2 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

This was fun. :)

I get enough of that carp from that gripey termagant Nalia

Especially the mental image of Nalia slapping Imoen around with a big ol' fish... sorry. XD  I enjoyed the other parts of it too, honest.

I like the girls' friendship!  Imoen came across as a very strong Aerie fangirl to me, though, whereas Aerie spent more time talking about Imoen's flaws. But Imoen's world is definitely a fun place to be.

#3 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

This was fun. :)

I get enough of that carp from that gripey termagant Nalia

Especially the mental image of Nalia slapping Imoen around with a big ol' fish... sorry. XD  I enjoyed the other parts of it too, honest.

Well, carping is some old slang word meaning nagging... she basically just uses a string of words that mean the same thing.

I like the girls' friendship!  Imoen came across as a very strong Aerie fangirl to me, though, whereas Aerie spent more time talking about Imoen's flaws. But Imoen's world is definitely a fun place to be.

Naturally they are fangirls of each other.  I think it's just that Aerie is less wordy than Im, and has fewer digressions... she really just wants to get it over with quick.  But Immy though just loves talking about her friends... and just chatting away in general.  :)

And, to be honest, there's more material to work with when Im is talking about Aerie, whereas Immy is just an unusually intelligent child trapped in a grown up body. :P

Edited by Coutelier, 09 January 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imoen, aerie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com