Baldur's Gate Summer

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yes, contrary to popular demand (actually, there was a lot of demand and I finally caved in), I bring you the Baldur's Gate beach episode. Remembering, this isn't just about seeing characters in bikinis; all this actually empowers women. Although if you really want to see Minsc or Edwin in a thong, I can arrange that as well, and likely will.

Anyway, here is Imoen looking hot... er, I mean, empowered:

Posted Image

As a natural redhead, Imoen tends to shrivel in the sun rather than get a healthy looking tan. But, it turns out wyvern venom is actually really good sunblock... got to apply it carefully though, and not very often.

Elves like Aerie here don't tan at all. She can get sunburn though, so keeps to the shade as much as possible:

Posted Image

(If you're wondering about her scars, well I'm sure could make them vanish if she wanted, even it's just an illusion. Basically, I've no idea how I would render them anyway).

Jaheira, however, loves the sun. Here she is taking a rare chance to just lay back and relax:

Posted Image

She'll probably start getting restless before long however, so try not to stare too much.

Viconia isn't a sun worshipper at all. In fact, she hates it. Stupid ball of gas is only out to blind, burn and eventually kill all with it's deadly rays; she respects that, but it's not for her.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Perish the thought of Minsc or Edwin in a thong. My eyes! :P (Or does that count an encouragement to do so?)

Imoen looks confident and like she's having fun in her normal colour scheme. :) To me her arms look a little too thin for her proportions, thinner than Aerie's below. But I'm no artist.

I like Aerie's Grecian sandals, although her top looks like it doesn't fit and is about to fall off. Either she needs shoulder straps or double-sided tape.

Why wouldn't Jaheira be a naturist down by the beach? :P A naturist who can turn into a giant naked bear.

Viconia moonbathing is fun. Nice post!

#3 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Baldur's Gate: Xtreme Beach Volleyball!

Yes, Haer'Dalis invites the girls to his island to take part in a .... ahh, who cares. They have bikinis.

In any case, Imoen challenges Jaheira to a game. Immy then volunteers Aerie to partner with her, making it a handicap match against the druid:

Posted Image

Still, not really fair though...

And, shocking everyone, Viccy decides to be helpful. Suffice to say, that doesn't last very long:

Posted Image

Poor Aerie often decides to try and give Viconia the benefit of the doubt... and every single time, the drow woman goes and proves what a relentlessly cruel, cold hearted, b***h she really is.

Next picture will be of Edwin... look forward to that.

#4 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Perish the thought of Minsc or Edwin in a thong. My eyes! :P (Or does that count an encouragement to do so?)

Maybe... but how could I forget Anomen? It would be perfect for him.

Imoen looks confident and like she's having fun in her normal colour scheme. :) To me her arms look a little too thin for her proportions, thinner than Aerie's below. But I'm no artist.

I like Aerie's Grecian sandals, although her top looks like it doesn't fit and is about to fall off. Either she needs shoulder straps or double-sided tape.

I made Aerie's arms a bit thicker a little while ago, so I might have to do the same for Imoen. And yeah, there's often a small gap between the bodies and the clothes... I have to be careful, as from some angles it is actually possible to see behind the cloth, especially in more extreme poses.

Why wouldn't Jaheira be a naturist down by the beach? :P A naturist who can turn into a giant naked bear.

So, one of the survivors must have been a druid... finally, Lost makes sense.

Viconia moonbathing is fun. Nice post!

I like to use cool colours in Vic pics.

Thanks. :)

#5 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Missing caption:

Viconia: "Yes! We defeated you for all time. You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!"

Edited by AlphaMonkey, 10 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#6 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Well, that's one way to celebrate the return of primary function to the Attic. Beach Volleyball, Coutelier edition.

Aerie, Viccy, and Imoen's suits are well done, but the leather pattern for Jaheira seems a little... overdone (although one has to wonder why she'd bother... but that's for another time.) How about something in a solid?

#7 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Missing caption:

Viconia: "Yes! We defeated you for all time. You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!"

Right actress I think... and Last Airbender quotes are probably a bit safer and cleaner than what I was thinking. Although, it does seem a whole lot more sinister coming from Viccy somehow...

Well, that's one way to celebrate the return of primary function to the Attic. Beach Volleyball, Coutelier edition.

Aerie, Viccy, and Imoen's suits are well done, but the leather pattern for Jaheira seems a little... overdone (although one has to wonder why she'd bother... but that's for another time.) How about something in a solid?

Yeah, I'm afraid I got a bit lazy when I did Jae's suit. I just reused the outfit from when she was fighting Faldorn again, just hiding the skirt. I've yet to go through my Poser stuff to see what suits I have... there's so much now that it's time I started organising it better. I've collected a lot through the years, so I'm sure I'll find something suitable.

Edited by Coutelier, 11 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#8 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Fun volleyball action. :) +10 points for the AtLA quote!

In the last one, Viconia's left leg looks like it's detaching itself from her body...or as if she's suddenly growing spider anatomy. I like the sand in her left hand although I'm not sure exactly what she's doing to Aerie.

#9 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

Fun volleyball action. :) +10 points for the AtLA quote!

In the last one, Viconia's left leg looks like it's detaching itself from her body...or as if she's suddenly growing spider anatomy. I like the sand in her left hand although I'm not sure exactly what she's doing to Aerie.

I used a much lower focal length than normal, which tends to make things come forward/move back more (wheras high focal lengths tend to 'flatten' the image)... good for some action scenes if you want something to look it's jumping or kicking out of the page. In this case, it was mianly just to fit them both in the picture.

She was supposed to be rubbing something on Aerie's back; which she does, just a bit more roughly than Aerie was expecting.

Edited by Coutelier, 10 July 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#10 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Edwin's mirror was clearly faulty as it wasn't showing him his true godly physique (should have known better than to buy on WizBid), carefully honed over years of sampling only the finest meats and wines and not causing damage to his bodily tissues by going out and doing too much exercise. After lots of painstaking tentation, he's finally satisfied that the image shown is accurate and appropriately statuesque:

Posted Image

Anyway, Imoen's had her sexuality confirmed. Time to go find Aerie and make it official between them.

Edited by Coutelier, 11 July 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#11 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

*shudders*

*pours bleach into eyes*

Edwin's facial hair makes him look rather like Anomen in this one. The mirror differences in his physique are very funny. I would expect Edwin to have the sort of build resulting from enjoying the finest meats and wines and refraining from strenuous exercise, indeed. I don't blame Imoen at all! :)

#12 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

*shudders*

*pours bleach into eyes*

Sorry... I realise I should have given more of warning for the trauma and blindness that could be caused by seeing Edwin's mostly nude body. Should have described in excruciating detail his skinny limbs, man boobs, hairy beer belly, love handles and the small mole on his left arm, for the benefit of those who could be disturbed by that kind of thing.

Ah, well. I'm afraid you've seen it now. You can't unsee it. Ever.

Imoen: (sniff) W-why? (sniff) There is no god... there can't be. P-please, just... kill me... please...

Edwin's facial hair makes him look rather like Anomen in this one. The mirror differences in his physique are very funny. I would expect Edwin to have the sort of build resulting from enjoying the finest meats and wines and refraining from strenuous exercise, indeed. I don't blame Imoen at all! :)

I have made a few changes to Edwin since last he appeared in a render. Mainly his cheeks are a bit more sunken, but you can't really see it well in this pic. I decided to follow his BG1 portrait more, although he's got a Ming the Merciless moustache there, whereas I've decided to stick to simple short hair and goatee.

Edited by Coutelier, 12 July 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#13 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Skie: Yah, real funny Ten. You mind digging me out now?

Skie: Ten? You there? It's getting kind of hard to breathe now, so could you... oh... oh there's something coming out of the ocean... oh... oh my... they're really quite large, aren't they? Ten?! Getting real uncomfortable here, now... the crabs are... they're getting nippy... Tenya!

Posted Image

#14 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

:D Very dramatic! Those crabs look surreal and scary. I like the oblique angle around Skie's head buried in the sand. Good choice of characters.

#15 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

:D Very dramatic! Those crabs look surreal and scary. I like the oblique angle around Skie's head buried in the sand. Good choice of characters.

Maybe next time Skie will just buy her the ice cream she asks for.

Anyway, next up, gold and silver -- shield... or, Nalia and Skie:

Posted Image

#16 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

Extremely pretty! A very similar style of bikni--I suppose it's the current fashion in magery... I like that you're using your computer software to give all the female characters different body types.

Edited by Blue-Inked_Frost, 13 July 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#17 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Extremely pretty! A very similar style of bikni--I suppose it's the current fashion in magery... I like that you're using your computer software to give all the female characters different body types.

They went shopping together, I guess... as far as bodies go, I try to set the body morphing dials roughly according to stats and on how I perceive their characters. Jaheira is the most difficult; trying to make her look athletic and quite muscular while still somewhat slender. Nalia is quite strong too, although it's less obvious; she's just a bit thicker than most of the others. While Viccy is 'voluptuous'.

#18 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

The most recent additions have been quite entertaining - although Edwin's self portraiture is more than a little disturbing.

The crab picture was great - both the subject and the composition.

One thing though, and it could be me - Nalia's head looks a little too small. It might be the way the hair is hanging - I'm not sure but her head seems small, especially in comparison to her neck.

#19 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

The most recent additions have been quite entertaining - although Edwin's self portraiture is more than a little disturbing.

Imoen: You weren't there, man! Gawds... no man should have so many wobbly bits... I don't wanna live...

One thing though, and it could be me - Nalia's head looks a little too small. It might be the way the hair is hanging - I'm not sure but her head seems small, especially in comparison to her neck.

Her head is definitely the same scale as all the others. It might be the thickness of her neck, or maybe just that her head is tilted back so her chin is forward more, whereas Skie is pretty much looking straight at the camera.

#20 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

The knights arrive and, after digging out Skie, Keldorn decides to, er, 'treat' the young ladies to the legendary cooking skills he learnt as a dashing young man in the order.

Lucky there's a dumb animal around who will scoff up just about anything... Keldorn brought along the new family dog, too:

Posted Image

Edited by Coutelier, 13 July 2012 - 10:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com