Arquel Tells A Bedtime Story

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 23 October 2002 - 04:05 AM

Arquel Tells A Bedtime Story
by Silrana

The little boy squirmed underneath the covers. “Daddy, would you tell me a story?”

Arquel smiled and tousled his son’s hair. “Of course, Quayle. What would you like to hear?”

“Something new. Something exciting.”

“New, hmmm? How about a story about a princess?”

“The one with the dragon?”

“No, this one is different. There once was a swordsman.…”

“A knight in shining armor?”

“No, though some of his friends were. No, this was a swordsman who was trying to save his sister from evil people, but that’s for another night. While the swordsman was looking for brave companions to help rescue his sister, he came across a circus that had been taken over by an evil wizard. He and his friends went inside the circus and found a huge ogre.”

“Did they kill it, Daddy?”

“Well, before they could attack it, the ogre began to speak in a beautiful voice, the voice of an angel.”

“That’s silly, ogres don’t talk with pretty voices.”

“Ah, but this one did. The ogre told them that she was a princess in disguise. Nothing in the circus was as it seemed, because everything was covered by illusions. The princess needed a key to free her from the chains that held her there.”

“What did the man do, Daddy?”

“He and his friends fought some bad monsters to get the magical key. They brought it back to the ogre, and when they gave her the key she turned into the most beautiful princess that the swordsman had ever seen. Her hair was long and golden, and her eyes were large and shining….”

“Is this going to be a mushy story?”

Arquel chuckled. “Only a little. The princess could use magic, and she offered to join the man and his friends to defeat the evil wizard who had taken over the circus. You see, the princess’ guardian was being held prisoner by the wizard, and she was very anxious to rescue him.”

“Who were the man’s friends, Daddy?”

“Well, at that time… I mean in the story his friends were a great warrior from a land far away, a lady druid, a brave priest, and a lady wizard. They were all very nice people, and helped the swordsman fight evil.”

“They sound fun.”

“Yes, they were. And brave and strong and good.” Arquel noticed the heavy droop to his son’s eyelids, and rushed along to finish the story. “The princess and the swordsman and his friends fought monsters like werewolves and shadow creatures, until at last they reached the evil wizard. The princess cast powerful spells at the wizard while the others fought the monsters that guarded him. At last they killed all the bad guys, and the princess’ guardian was safe.”

“Why did the bad wizard want the circus, Daddy?”

“He was very unhappy and thought the people were laughing at him. He felt he was different, and instead of being happy about what made him special, he became bitter and angry and wanted to hurt people.”

“I hope people never laugh at me.”

“If they ever do, just remember you are a very, very special little boy, and your mother and I love you very much.”

Quayle gave his father a drowsy smile, and rolled over on his stomach to sleep. Arquel stroked his son’s hair, and then smoothed out the feathers on his long white wings.

He kissed the top of the boy’s head and murmured, “Sleep well, son.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com