The School Of Baldur's Gate

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

I often get requests to have characters in various types of costume/uniform, presumably from anime fans who want more bunnies and maid dresses etc. But I recently saw an old thread about Baldur's Gate characters going to school, so I decided I'd have a go at it ,myself with various NPC's.

First up, Imoen and Aerie, who I always start with of course because they're both great. Any suggestions for what other NPC's might be doing in this AU would be welcome too :D (I'm thinking of Minsc smashing people aside in american football, ball in one hand, Boo in the other):

Posted Image

Imoen causes her teachers a lot of headaches - she's very intelligent, but she has a carefree, laid back attitude to life and doesn't achieve the high grades everyone knows she's capable of getting. That, and she tends to loosen pipes in the bathrooms, leave itching powder in changing rooms and laxatives in the kitchen.

Despite all this, she is kind and good natured. She has befriended Aerie, an introverted girl with few other friends, and gotten the blonde to come out of her shell a bit. Perhaps Aerie can prove a good influence on Imoen too, and convince her to start taking studies seriously.

Posted Image

Aerie is a shy, introspective girl who spends most of her time studying the library, possibly to avoid bullies like Viconia. She has only a small circle of friends whom she talks to regularly, but she is very close to all of them. Her best friend is Imoen, who seems to have had some success getting Aerie to come out of her shell, although there remains a risk that the carefree, laidback redhead might drag Aerie down with her if they're not watched. Haer'Dalis seems to have a thing for her too, but to his chagrin Aerie keeps mistaking his advances for simple kindness.

As it stands, Aerie studies hard and always gives 100% to whatever task is set for her. Consequently she has some of the best grades in the school, particularly in science and philosophy.

Edited by Coutelier, 14 February 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

I think we need Minsc the Linebacker. I mean, there is no other position better suited to dear Minsc than that of Linebacker. Especially with a helmeted Boo at his side, setting the edge and keeping containment on those pesky running backs.

To borrow from Farscape ---

Aeryn: I’m sure your world has no force so ruthless, so disciplined.
Crichton: Oh, we call them linebackers. Or serial killers, depends on if they’re... professional or amateur.

And good renders Coutelier.

#3 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

I remember the old topic and the brilliant suggestions people were coming up with! I like your pictures and your Aerie with her glasses. :D

Here are some of my favourites partly gacked from the other thread, a long list across games (I do really like talking about AUs like this):

Shar-Teel: Captain of the girls' soccer team.

Skie: Shy and naive cheerleader, dancer, and languages/history nerd who just happens to share a surname with the school's newest and most expensive building donated by a local political figure.

Eldoth: Leader of a garage band and the person to go to for illicit substances. Has had a lot of girlfriends and is the one most parents hope their daughters won't come home with.

Xzar: Landed in special ed despite being a genius in certain subjects. Once bit Edwin's ear halfway off in the playground when they were six (later fixed by plastic surgery).

Montaron: Son of one of the special ed teachers who wants to be regarded as a fearsome thug on the school grounds. Has worked with Xzar. (Devart.!)

Keldorn: Principal.

Edwin: Overprivileged child with all the latest technological gadgets who tries to bully others from less wealthy families and regards all beneath him, especially the teachers. Vice president of the class.

Branwen: Member of the girls' soccer team. Very aggressive on the field, but nice away from it. Wants to be an EMT.

Dynaheir: Hardworking, brainy, and commanding class president who tries to achieve what's best for the school. Edwin is bitter because he thinks it should have been him.

Mazzy: Ambitious and hard-working secretary on the student council. Edwin thinks she's trying to backstab him. Involved in about a million extracurricular activities on top of her hard work in school.

Xan: Emo corner. Hangs out with gothy 'I am Death' Nimbul.

Jaheira: Environmental activist.

Khalid: Extremely shy environmental activist and hardworking boy doing quite well in all his classes.

Faldorn: Scarily hardcore environmental activist who goes on hunger strikes and is trying to raise a native wolf pup as a pet.

Alora: Chipper and popular and young for her grade and also a kleptomaniac, but nobody knows she's responsible for the disappearance and reappearance of many people's shiny possessions.

Garrick: Sweet but shy boy whose guitar playing isn't getting him the chances to date girls he hoped for.

Quayle: Annoying so-and-so who thinks he's smarter than the teachers. Friends with Aerie, who somehow likes him.

Tiax: Down there in special ed with Xzar.

Yeslick: The wise, though strongly religious, student counselor.

Yoshimo: Shady motorcycle-riding guy who may or may not be involved with local criminal organisations.

#4 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

I think we need Minsc the Linebacker. I mean, there is no other position better suited to dear Minsc than that of Linebacker. Especially with a helmeted Boo at his side, setting the edge and keeping containment on those pesky running backs.

You might as well be speaking Martian to me, but I do like the idea of a helmeted Boo :) I'm sure I've got all the football gear in my Poser files somewhere (and if not, I can't imagine they'd be hard to find), so I'll get on that next maybe.

#5 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

I remember the old topic and the brilliant suggestions people were coming up with! I like your pictures and your Aerie with her glasses. :D

My main reason for doing this was to see Aerie in glasses :D I'd imagined it before and thought she'd look cute. I imagine they'd be reading glasses.

Here are some of my favourites partly gacked from the other thread, a long list across games (I do really like talking about AUs like this):

I find that imagining characters in different can sometimes provide new insights and perspectives on them.

Keldorn: Principal.

Former Green Beret? Like Skinner in The Simpsons...

Lawyer: Principal Skinner, "The Happiest Place on Earth' is a registered Disneyland copyright.

Skinner: <chuckles> Well, gentlemen, it's just a small school carnival.

Lawyer: And it's heading for a great big lawsuit. You made a big mistake, Skinner.

Skinner: Well, so did you. You got an ex-Green Beret mad.

(little fight; one of the lawyers tries to run away but Skinner throws a briefcase which lands right on top of the lawyers head, knocking him out)

Skinner: Copyright expired.

Dynaheir: Hardworking, brainy, and commanding class president who tries to achieve what's best for the school. Edwin is bitter because he thinks it should have been him.

Class president... if she goes for student council president though she might come into conflict with Nalia.

Jaheira: Environmental activist.

Khalid: Extremely shy environmental activist and hardworking boy doing quite well in all his classes.

Quayle: Annoying so-and-so who thinks he's smarter than the teachers. Friends with Aerie, who somehow likes him.

I'd have seen these three as members of the faculty. Quayle teaches physics; obviously he's turned down positions with NASA and CERN in order to pass his knowledge on to the young people. They don't realise how lucky they are to have him there.

Not sure what Jaheira would teach, but she'd be the teacher many of the boys have a crush on.

#6 Guest_Clovis_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

Interestingly (or not), I have a half-finished story lying about somewhere themed around BG NPC's and high school. I fear I'm wasn't quite so kind to Aerie as you...though I was certainly nicer to her than Anomen (whom nobody should be nice to).

Lovely pictures, btw.

#7 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

Interestingly (or not), I have a half-finished story lying about somewhere themed around BG NPC's and high school. I fear I'm wasn't quite so kind to Aerie as you...though I was certainly nicer to her than Anomen (whom nobody should be nice to).

Well, I could talk at length about Aerie and how I see her, but suffice to say that none of the usual labels some people attach to her work for me at all.

Don't know about Anomen; some sort of caveman some students found frozen in ice and are trying to teach about the modern world :D ? Or seriously, he'd be a sporty type I expect. Captain of the football and/or wrestling teams maybe.

Lovely pictures, btw.

Thank you :D

#8 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Interestingly (or not), I have a half-finished story lying about somewhere themed around BG NPC's and high school.

Much as I regret that American high school stereotypes poison everything (cheerleading is freakishly sexist and ought to be considered an independent sport closer to gymnastics, popular people tend to be popular because they have social skills and are nice enough that others enjoy spending time with them)...I encourage the posting of BG High School AUs, unfinished or not. :)

I fear I'm wasn't quite so kind to Aerie as you...though I was certainly nicer to her than Anomen (whom nobody should be nice to).

Lovely pictures, btw.

Old-fashioned Anomen-bashing! To my knowledge of the archives still online this appears to have been largely confined to the paleofandom days of the early 00s and superseded by Aerie as target du jour. I vote Yeslick next! I hope that you do share. XD

Class president... if she goes for student council president though she might come into conflict with Nalia.

I'd probably like most of Nalia's policies, but Dynaheir gets my vote for being more mature and level-headed. :D This may or may not be settled by mage battle in the cafeteria.

#9 Guest_Lily M Green_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

You might as well be speaking Martian to me, but I do like the idea of a helmeted Boo :) I'm sure I've got all the football gear in my Poser files somewhere (and if not, I can't imagine they'd be hard to find), so I'll get on that next maybe.

Heh, same here, mostly. I think in Rugby (Union) terms he'd be a second row. Prop's the obvious choice but he's very tall and they do have kickers in the second row (and we know how fond Minsc is of kicking!)

Anomen: *Shakes head* You just know that he's the weedy kid that gets picked on constantly.

He's only at BG High because 1. Cor couldn't afford the fees for Athkatla Prep, and 2. he wasn't smart enough to win a scholarship. Consequently, he's teased about being posh, about being poor, about having an embarrassing dad, about being a skinny, whiny little runt. He lives in constant fear of The Wedgie and being stuffed into his locker by the other kids.

Eventually, however, he gets sick of being picked on and beaten up, bulks up, and manages to get onto the rugby (Football) team. Not that his woes end there. His teammates are particularly fond of making him a target in tackling practise, and making him the butt of locker room practical jokes.

On the pitch he spends rather a lot of time getting clattered by the opposition, which in turn leads to him spending rather a lot of time in the sin bin for loosing his temper and retaliating. In one particularly dark incident he manages to earn himself a lengthy ban for breaking an opponents jaw.

There is hope for him though. He's actually rather good at rugby (football) and an excellent playmaker when he's given enouch space. And Minsc, being the big hearted soul that he is, does his best to include Anomen. Still doesn't guarentee him a date for the prom, though.

ETA: Oh, and it's a good job his little sister loves him, because even though all the boys fancy Moira, not one of them dares to ask her out for fear of getting on the wrong side of Ano's temper.

Nalia: Unlike Anomen, Nalia insisted on going to Baldur's Gate High because she wanted a different perspective on her privillaged existence. I see her as the Rachel from Glee type. Rather bossy and used to getting her own way, she likes to think she's a team player and considerate of others, but there is usually something in it for her. Captain of the debating society. Cheerleader material, but I think she thinks she's above such things.

Edited by Lily M Green, 15 February 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#10 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Heh, same here, mostly. I think in Rugby (Union) terms he'd be a second row. Prop's the obvious choice but he's very tall and they do have kickers in the second row (and we know how fond Minsc is of kicking!)

I'm pretty sure Minsc doesn't really understand American Football either... but who's going to try and tell him he's doing something wrong?

Posted Image

(having a bit of trouble posing the uniform, especially the shoulder pads.)

#11 Guest_Lily M Green_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

:lol: Brilliant!

I must stop reading this thread in work (I'm 'multi-slacking' Work in one browser window, not work in another). I had to stifle the giggles. Loved Minsc's style of play, and Boo is just genius!

And the uniform looks fine to me.

#12 Guest_Clovis_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

Well, I could talk at length about Aerie and how I see her, but suffice to say that none of the usual labels some people attach to her work for me at all.

Interestingly (or still not), I generally take a very sympathetic/positive view of Aerie in most of my fanfics, especially my (permanently stalled) serial. I always felt the game developers missed an opportunity with her. There's a grace to the character that just never felt completely developed (all IMHO, of course). I just happened in a snarky mood the day I wrote the particular piece I mentioned, and didn't spare much of anyone.

#13 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Here is Nalia campaigning for Presidency:

Posted Image

She'll probably be saying something about equality and how in her world she'd do away with names and titles and everyone will just have a number... she'd be number one, of course.

#14 Guest_Lily M Green_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

I wonder who number two & number six are, then? ;)

How about Tenya? I think she might fit the mould the upstart brat who's skipped two years (grades) because she's some sort of prodigy. However, she was homeschooled for all her life prior to arriving at Baldur's Gate High, meaning that she's got no idea how to interact with the other kids and challenges the teachers on everything.* because she's far smarter than them, obviously.

I suspect that she's a member of the chess club because future evil overlords should definitely know the finer points of strategically outmanuvouring an opponent, and she knows she can humiliate all comers.

*This characterisation may or may not have been pilfered from Waterloo Road (Seriously highbrow telly).

#15 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Nice artwork of Minsc and Nalia, Coutelier! I like Nalia's face and expression there. :)

#16 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

How about Tenya? I think she might fit the mould the upstart brat who's skipped two years (grades) because she's some sort of prodigy. However, she was homeschooled for all her life prior to arriving at Baldur's Gate High, meaning that she's got no idea how to interact with the other kids and challenges the teachers on everything.* because she's far smarter than them, obviously.

*This characterisation may or may not have been pilfered from Waterloo Road (Seriously highbrow telly).

I watched the first few series of that; I just remember there was this english teacher who seemed to put a curse on women... every one he got involved with ended up dead somehow.

Nice artwork of Minsc and Nalia, Coutelier! I like Nalia's face and expression there. :)

She's very serious, as usual, taking questions about her policies. The quality of the tea and coffee in the cafeteria is a constant concern for everyone.

Anyway, up next is Yoshimo, real american bad-ass:

Posted Image

Yoshimo was kicked out of the school months ago when he was caught gambling, and has since grown the moustache presumably so that he can fool people into thinking he's much older than he actually is. But he keeps hanging around the school for some reason... possibly related to his business.

He says he won the motorbike in a bet.

#17 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Really? Yoshimo on an American-made hog?

I always figured he'd be one of those guys on a riceburner/hairdryer bike. Carrying a sword on his bike, riding with a street gang and knocking over fruit stands on street corners. That kind of thing. :)

Also, Jaheira probably teaches bio. C'mon, having her teach an anatomy class? Golden. :D

Edited by AlphaMonkey, 16 February 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#18 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Really? Yoshimo on an American-made hog?

Well, like they say, when in Rome do as the Romans do... posion yourself with lead and have an orgy, I guess.

I always figured he'd be one of those guys on a riceburner/hairdryer bike. Carrying a sword on his bike, riding with a street gang and knocking over fruit stands on street corners. That kind of thing. :)

Those were my first thoughts, but, well... this is the only bike I have at the moment. My guess is some hairy biker started shooting his mouth off about Japanese people, and Yoshimo taught him some Japanese politeness and manners, then took the bike as payment for his services. I'm sure he does carry a sword on it.

Also, Jaheira probably teaches bio. C'mon, having her teach an anatomy class? Golden. :D

Again, biology was my thought as well. We'll see :)

Edited by Coutelier, 16 February 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#19 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

Ming The Merciless! Oh, sorry... it's Edwin. He'd have liked a red blazer of course, but even he has to adher to the dress code.

He's not going to be outdone by upstarts like Nalia either; here he is giving his campaign speech:

Posted Image

Somehow I don't think many people will vote for him...

He gets teased at home too; he's sporting his first ever beard and moustache, and rumour has it that it took him six weeks to grow it. That's not a real man.

#20 Guest_Lily M Green_*

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

:lol: Oh, I don't know. I think he'd get a few votes even if they're only protest votes!

I'm not sure if you've got models for these two but... I think Garrick and Haer'Dalis could be leading lights and fierce rivals in the performing arts department. The competition between the two of them to land the lead in this term's production of Romeo & Juliet is intense to say the least, especially as Haery believes that Romeo is a role he was born to play. Hells! He'd even settle for playing Juliet and continue the grand Shakespearean tradition of males playing female leads, just so long as Madame Raelis comes to her senses and rethinks her decision to cast Anomen as Paris. The arguement that physically he fits the bill and can grow a better beard than both Garrick & Haery put together just doesn't wash!

Edited by Lily M Green, 17 February 2011 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com