Black Wyrm Lair is at it again!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Ipsissimus_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

I cannot believe that BWL has somehow gotten WORSE. This is the IE modding site that flames newbies, randomly deletes posts, and bans users for suggesting that Improved Anvil could be better.

They are selling mods.

Half the forums are now "non-public." All I can say is, good thing their mods suck, because now most gamers can't so much as post bug reports. This is extortion, pure and simple.

More than that, it isn't even legal. They're forcing people to pay for unofficial mods for BioWare's game. I seriously hope that this comes up at some point. When will those lobotomized gibberlings understand that--or do they think that American BioWare won't catch an eastern European modding community?

What the hell, BWL?! And after the Dragon's Hoard mirroring fiasco, at that. It's bad enough to mirror others' mods without even asking permission, but they just stole the relevant information from the IEGMC mirror site. And I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse after that moron Sikret started paying people to help with Degenerate Hammer--sorry, "Improved" Anvil.

Some people think that modding politics are ridiculous, and that modders should just cooperate. I say good riddance to bad rubbish, and I suspect that very few will miss BWL.

Rant over. Somehow, this feels much better.

#2 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

More than that, it isn't even legal. They're forcing people to pay for unofficial mods for BioWare's game. I seriously hope that this comes up at some point.

Unfortunately, this is something that doesn't usually get defended.

Same thing happens for Sims 2 fan-made content. It is technically illegal to charge for fan-made custom content for Sims 2. (which a number of sites do). Unfortunately, this has never -actually- been challenged and upheld in court.

But it just means that most people will either pirate it or not use it, and I bet the same holds true for this, too. *shrug*

Rant over. Somehow, this feels much better.

It usually does. No worries. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com