Baldur's Gate In 3D

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Okay, so I've been working on redesigns for my Poser characters, and some new ones (Nalia, Anomen, Viconia, Edwin).

First up, here is the all new Aerie:

Posted ImagePosted Image

That's right; she has a new haircut :D I've also darkened her brows/lashes a bit.

#2 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Here is Imoen dressed like a thief because, well, she is one:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I thought it would be a good Shadow Armor, although it's not actually black, it's dark brown as you can see. I find you can't really do things that are properly black because all you'll see is a shape with no texture. That said, you can also see that the brown outfit is much better camouflage anyway... at least where she is there.

#3 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Imoen and Aerie doing what they do, playing games, annoying each other, cuddling etc:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Imoen demonstrating her amazing, in fact God like, strength:

Posted Image

(Okay, so if Aerie were human she and Imoen would weigh about the same. But since she's Avariel she's probably only about half what Imoen weighs... so not that impressive really. In fact it's not impressive even if she were human).

#4 Guest_Athkatya_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Those two are far too cute. They really do seem to belong together (in a platonic way of course.)

If you look at the greatest partnerships of all time:

Holmes and Watson
Jeeves and Wooster
Abbott and Costello
Tango and Cash

And honestly, I think we now have to add Aerie and Imoen to that list :D

#5 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Those two are far too cute. They really do seem to belong together (in a platonic way of course.)

I've always likened them to Kirk & Spock, minus the potential for any sort of slash fiction to be written about them, obviously.

You know how Spock is constantly hassled to be more in touch with his human side and emotions, Imoen hassles Aerie the same way. Not to be more emotional, that's not a problem Aerie has, but to basically be more of a brat, having fun and enjoying life more. Imoen suspects that before her capture Aerie was more of rebel, and she wants to bring that spirited little girl back.

#6 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

Ooh, purty!

*eagerly awaits Viconia.*

#7 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Here's a couple more of Imoen and a rather less pretty Aerie:

Posted ImagePosted Image

More characters tomorrow, hopefully.

#8 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Jaheiiirrr-ra-ra-ra... again:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Coutelier,

Again with the brilliant art.

Spider Imoen is probably the best so far, but I do like the Jaheira. I am curious as to her weapon... and also if you're going for a younger looking Jaheira. Something in the expression makes this look like pre BG Jah.

VH

#10 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Spider Imoen is probably the best so far, but I do like the Jaheira. I am curious as to her weapon... and also if you're going for a younger looking Jaheira. Something in the expression makes this look like pre BG Jah.

Her weapon there is just a spear (I know the game won't let you equip a spear with a shield but the Greeks did it all the time). As for how old she is... not pre-BG. I've always had her around 40-50, or about the equivalent of 30, were she fully human. But I think her elven features, smoother skin and narrow chin etc, probably would make her look a bit younger than that.

#11 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Oooh. . pretty. . .

I do like your Imoen. :twisted:

I'm surprised to see Jaheira with a shield though. I suppose it's just my mental image of her -- I always see her with a quarterstaff. :)

It looks really good though. You've given Jaheira a good sense of motion in the last one.

I have to admit, you've got me waiting to see what you do with other characters. (I do want to see your Viconia and Anomen :oops: )

#12 Guest_Ipsissimus_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

I agree. "Spider-Imoen" looks very cool :twisted: And Jaheira with a spear and shield seems very druid-y. I don't know why, but for some reason, a spear seems more fitting than a staff for her. Plus, her boots look great.

#13 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

I'm surprised to see Jaheira with a shield though. I suppose it's just my mental image of her -- I always see her with a quarterstaff. :oops:

Originally I was just going to give her a staff or a spear, but when I realised I wanted that pose I stuck the shield on her other hand.

I have to admit, you've got me waiting to see what you do with other characters. (I do want to see your Viconia and Anomen :twisted: )

Viconia still gives me grief... no matter what I try I can never quite get her skin to look right. Still I've got quite a few Drow textures to try now.

#14 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

I agree. "Spider-Imoen" looks very cool :twisted: And Jaheira with a spear and shield seems very druid-y. I don't know why, but for some reason, a spear seems more fitting than a staff for her. Plus, her boots look great.

A spear is more of a hunter's weapon, I guess. Glad you like the boots :oops:

#15 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

A few more of Jae:

Posted ImagePosted Image

In this one we see that from the side Jaheira looks even younger than she does from the front:

Posted Image

#16 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Viconia (or Vi-cone-nia, as Aerie insists on pronouncing it), version 1. Dressed for some Sharran ceremony obviously:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:42 AM

Viccy and fr-... er, some people she's met:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#18 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

I'm personally picturing Viconia as slightly smaller than even Aerie because she's a drow with a lousy Strength score. Admittedly, she doesn't always give the impression otherwise.

(Oh, great work on these, as usual.)

#19 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

I'm personally picturing Viconia as slightly smaller than even Aerie because she's a drow with a lousy Strength score. Admittedly, she doesn't always give the impression otherwise.

Their stats are very similar. Viconia's CON is just 8; actually slightly worse than Aerie's, although in terms of hit points, which is how I usually measure fitness, Vic's way in the lead, and so I wanted Vic to look tougher. I pictured Vic as being a little taller and more 'voluptuous' (and she is, by about 0.16 on the body morph dial). I must admit though I didn't realise how skinny Aerie's arms were until I saw her next to Vic.

#20 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

Their stats are very similar.

You're right, now that I check. I had the wrong idea about that.

Viconia's CON is just 8; actually slightly worse than Aerie's, although in terms of hit points, which is how I usually measure fitness, Vic's way in the lead, and so I wanted Vic to look tougher.

I don't really agree with that. I mean, Con really does mean fitness. Hit points go up all the time, more quickly for warriors, so they obviously reflect skill in combat (not getting hit badly) more than anything. Even if you mean hit points per level, which I would guess you do, that's still a combination of Con in its own right and factors reflecting combat expertise (type of class).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com