Tales from the Dragon Age

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Heya all!

So here are my various Dragon Age pieces.

Hope you enjoy!

#2 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

First Snowfall

Arti's breath smoked in front of her as she stared into the fire. Even at night, the sky seemed like such a big place. The moon gave enough light to read by even through the clouds; it shone so big and bright tonight. . . it was so strange. It was hard to think that there wasn't anything overtop of her, that she wouldn't just fall off the surface of Thedas.

And then there had been the weather.

Snow. Frozen water coming from the sky! Such a thing had only been legend in Orzamaar, told of by the surfacers. She remembered her sister telling stories of the rain that fell from the sky to feed the underground rivers, but never in a hundred years would have thought about -frozen- water falling from the sky.

It clumped on her hand like fluff. It looked like fluff, but it was cold, and melted into a puddle of water on the palm of her hand.

Laughter came from behind her. She turned, her face narrowing into the beginnings of a scowl. The water on her hand was completely forgotten as she put her hand to the hilt of her blade.

There was Alistair; a smile on his face. He had been -laughing- at her!

“What?” Her hand dropped from the hilt of her blade. He was annoying, in a cute kind of way, but hardly a threat.

“You – you remind me of a small child seeing their first winter.” There was laughter behind his voice.

“That is because this -is- her first winter, you fool.” The colder female voice made the young dwarf turn. There was Morrigan, the mysterious Witch of the Wilds. Snow was caught in the witch's long dark hair. How is she so quiet? Arti sighed. It looked like she was going to get caught in another batch of arguments between the two humans.

“Well, yes.” She had to admit the truth in Morrigan's words. It was her first winter, in a lot of ways.

“Then learn from it.” Morrigan gave her a long gaze, and Arti wasn't sure what the human Witch was getting at. That happened a lot, though. Maybe it was a thing with humans.

“I will.” Her response seemed to at least appease the Witch, who nodded and went back to her position by the fire.

“Uh. . “ She looked back to Alistair, who was still standing there. “I – I wasn't trying to be rude, or anything, I just --” He broke away, blushing a little. “You looked cute.”

Arti burst out laughing. Alistair had always been a strange human, but now he was just being cute himself. “I look cute,” she said through laughter, “you should see yourself right now!”

“Cute? Me? Never.” He was grinning now too, the blush fading now that she had gotten him back to their more familiar war of words. “Intimidating and fierce, yes, but cute? Never.”

“Children,” Morrigan's voice came, “if you are not going to sleep, at least allow me to do the same.” Funny, her voice didn't sound quite as annoyed.

“Oh, ok, fine.” Arti came and sat by the fire, motioning Alistair to join her.

Morrigan retreated to her own tent. “I shall see you in the morning, assuming you are both not exhausted from your exertions, that is.”

Both of them blushed, but she was already gone before Arti could manage a response.

“She's annoying, you know.” Alistair sat down on an old wooden stump and looked into the fire.

“She did save our lives, though.” Arti wasn't about to let a debt go unpaid, so she couldn't refuse Morrigan's assistance. Or, at least, didn't feel right about doing so.

“I know. .. it's just -” he caught a snowflake on his gloved hand. “It really is your first winter, isn't it?”

She let him change the conversation. “Yes. Not literally, but I've never seen it before.”

“Ah.” He stood up and knelt down in the snow that covered the ground. “Then I shall have to introduce you to a grand Ferelden tradition.” She couldn't see his hands, they were hidden behind the stump, but there was a mischievous grin to his face that lead Arti to believe impending disaster was coming.

“What are you --” A large lump of packed together snow hit her right in the face. She brushed it aside, sputtering for breath. “I didn't know it could do that!”

Alistair was laughing now. “Now you know.” He was already making a second snowball; and she copied him, packing the snow together with her hands.

Hey, it flies pretty well. Her first shot caught Alistair in the shoulder, he laughed and flung snow right back. It was like flinging mud, but it stuck together better.

So engrossed in the mock fight were they both that neither of them noticed Morrigan come out of her tent. “I am trying to sleep.” She raised her staff and both of them were enveloped in snow. “Now, perhaps, we can have some peace and quiet?”

As Arti dug herself out of the snowpile, she could have sworn she saw a smile on the Witch's face.

Alistair's voice was muffled by the snow in her ears “She's really annoying. It's going to take me forever to get my gloves to dry out.”

“Weren't they already wet?” Alistair's sense of logic sometimes eluded her.

“Yes, but that's not the point!”

“Oh, shut up!” A well placed snowball underscored her point, and left him spluttering.

Well, at least the two humans aren't arguing any more. She grinned and started forming another snowball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com