Quiz Ideas Needed!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_xenzen_*

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

Phobias.

Arachnophobia (here's looking at you, Viconia!), agoraphobia, claustrophobia, other phobias I don't know the Latin for, like fear of heights, etc. Different enough from the Fear quiz, I think, since it's not really about Boo! Gotcha! kind of fear.

On the other side of the coin, there's fetishes. Heh. We hear about the famous love of feet and shoes, people with a certain hair color - dark or light hearted - dressing as a certain person or class (hello, harem girl fantasy!).

What think ye?

#22 Guest_nazlan_*

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

[quote name="xenzen"]Phobias.

Arachnophobia (here's looking at you, Viconia!), agoraphobia, claustrophobia, other phobias I don't know the Latin for, like fear of heights, etc. Different enough from the Fear quiz, I think, since it's not really about Boo! Gotcha! kind of fear.[quote]

I like this one a lot - it could be fun to pit Our Heroes against their own fears, especially ones as deep-seated (and occasionally irrational) as real phobias can be.

[quote]On the other side of the coin, there's fetishes. Heh. We hear about the famous love of feet and shoes, people with a certain hair color - dark or light hearted - dressing as a certain person or class (hello, harem girl fantasy!).[/quote]

I...could actually do something with this one. Sort of. Viga probably knows what I'm referring to and is laughing already. :)

#23 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

I am now oddly compelled to write a piece about a dwarf with claustrophobia. :)

#24 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:47 AM

Or an agoraphobic elf?

#25 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

Sounds good. Here's a list of phobia names: http://en.wikipedia....List_of_phobias

Not sure if I should look for a corresponding page on fetishes...

#26 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

[quote name="nazlan"][quote]Phobias.
[/quote]

[quote]
Arachnophobia (here's looking at you, Viconia!), agoraphobia, claustrophobia, other phobias I don't know the Latin for, like fear of heights, etc. Different enough from the Fear quiz, I think, since it's not really about Boo! Gotcha! kind of fear.[quote]

I like this one a lot - it could be fun to pit Our Heroes against their own fears, especially ones as deep-seated (and occasionally irrational) as real phobias can be.
[/quote]

Definitely an interesting topic... Lots of room to play with there. :)

[quote]
[quote]On the other side of the coin, there's fetishes. Heh. We hear about the famous love of feet and shoes, people with a certain hair color - dark or light hearted - dressing as a certain person or class (hello, harem girl fantasy!).[/quote]

I...could actually do something with this one. Sort of. Viga probably knows what I'm referring to and is laughing already. :)[/quote]

Me? *cackles* Oh why would I ever laugh at that? *cackles some more*

#27 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Um, this is gonna sound dumb, but I am the one who suggested the "Mary Sue" Quiz way back in the day. Ah, the though was, how well would we, the writers, do in our own fantasy worlds? So, Self-Insertion, another well-hated fanfiction no-no. Or, barring that, how would they do in our world? Or both?

Did I miss this one? It sounds like fun. :) I already have ideas for this. :)

#28 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Another shout out to my fellow Atticers, we need quiz topics! MOAR QUIZ TOPICS!

I will also entertain a simple prompt system if people have ideas.

#29 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

You still looking for quiz topics?

Because I've got a thought: How would our characters respond if they knew they were in a video game?

#30 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

I think I've seen that one before, but I'm willing to do that one again. Why the heck not? :)

#31 Guest_nazlan_*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

My only problem with that is that mine would be incredibly short.

Maera: "Huh." *chews on her thumb for a moment* "...That would explain a lot, actually."

#32 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Well, that would only be if you made her overly genre savvy. I think the fun would come from playing with the various degrees of genre-savviness. :)

Though I suppose a lot of video game cliches are still essentially the same as movie cliches or, really, any kind of story cliches, so the gang might still be prepared for a lot of them. Think it would be fun regardless.

#33 Guest_Blue-Inked_Frost_*

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

With the recent revival of the Athans MST, what about:

Abdel Adrian. The characters of choice encounter a situation he faces and deals with it in (of course) a cleverer, more rational, and naturally more generally dashing manner; your characters encounter the Beshabaspawn (apologies to Beshaba) (it/)himself; your characters engage in rebuilding or mockery of hackneyed tropes employed in the noble tale. For those of us privileg...unfortunate enough not to possess the tome, the MST thread has a list.

I've seen a couple of stories involving Abduh, and perhaps a quiz already covered it, but kicking bad writing around might be fun.

#34 Guest_Ipsissimus_*

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

I am TOTALLY NOT stealing these from the Spellhold Studios fanart challenge. Nooo, not in the least...
Comedy, tragedy, poetry, drama, a specific class/race/NPC.
Or something about how CHARNAME changed in their journey from Candlekeep to the Throne.
Beginnings or endings.
Greed, hate, envy, jealousy.
After Boss Battle number whatever--Firkraag, Sarevok, Melissan, etc.
Or before the beginning--elaborate on the early lives of various characters, before the BG saga.
Bhaalspawn dreams
Bhaal in general--how could we forget Daddy dearest?
Disguises
Lies--or what happens when they surface.
And since I cribbed almost all of these from the SHS fanart challenge (despite what I wrote above) and I've just run out, I'll stop here.

#35 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

Here's another idea that occured to me today: how about those 'skin-of-the-teeth' moments? The really close calls, the dumb luck. . .

That sort of stuff.

#36 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:12 AM

I like the idea of writing about daddy Bhaal. In fact I think I have an idea…gotta go write now

#37 Guest_Ipsissimus_*

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

Woo...more ideas.

As there was a "morning after" challenge, what about "the night before"?
Some fourth-wall-breaking thing. Characters from some other game/book/whatever showing up, self-insertion, etc.
Bodhi and Irenicus
There seem to have been several romance-related challenges already, but what about NPC romances? Or... hmm... Unrequited love, contesting for the lord/lady's hand, doomed love, or losing [love interest].
What should have happened
The end celebration
Utter tactlessness--find the humor in a tragedy, or vice versa.
Corruption/redemption

Stealing from the Pocketplane Group's Iron Mod competition
The last [fill in the blank]
Broken promises
Apologizing--or not
Going out with a bang
The oldest trick in the book
A kiss before dying
A hero for all the wrong reasons
Some of my best friends are slimes

#38 Guest_Ipsissimus_*

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Some people have plot bunnies and Muses. I have an Imp wielding a Plot Hammer: "Write! Think! You lazy human, you!" *bambambam*
Hence another list of quiz ideas.

*In the spirit of the current Firelight quiz, weather/scenery of some sort. Rain or sunrise in particular could be interesting.
*Home--whatever it is. Something post-TOB, Candlekeep, the Pocket Plane.
*Friends
*Betrayal and Trust
*Behind the scenes--who's to say that Ao didn't somehow convince Melissan to seize power and begin the end of the Bhaalspawn wars? Maybe Ellesime is a priestess of Shar, who sicced Irenicus on Suldenessellar to cement her own reputation.
*Ancestry--a tiefling or aasimar would certainly have an interesting story
*Alianna--rather, the Bhaalspawn's mother. The "priestess of Bhaal" story is all very well, but it gets a bit boring after you've seen it a couple times.
*Time of Troubles and before
*Your Bhaalspawn/original character/preferred party meets Abdel Adrian
*The battered ones--take pity on the often-bashed characters
*Missing links--Character X has vanished, and their quest with them. What now?
*Alternate universes--Imoen takes Sarevok's place. Ellesime had Irenicus and Bodhi killed. Gorion somehow survived.
*The party from the abyss. The Harpers and the Zhents, or Minsc, Edwin, and Dynaheir. In other words, one more likely to self-destruct than to defeat the antagonist.
*And, just for kicks, odd NPC pairings. The most disturbing by far: Xan and Edwin, because it had pictures--WARNING! VIEW AT OWN RISK!! link 1, pic 1 and pic 2

#39 Guest_Ipsissimus_*

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

More quiz ideas. I have a plot bunny farm--they breed like rabbits. :)

-Yoshimo and/or Tamoko.
-Mentors--Gorion, Winski, or whoever else comes to mind
-Politics. A constant annoyance in the life of any Bhaalspawn, be it the Grand Dukes or the Cowled Wizards.
-EYE OF ARGON challenge. 'Nuff said.
-Coming full circle. Character X's past catches up with them, going home again...
-Chaos. "Things fall apart, the center cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loos'd upon the world." What happens when everything goes wrong?

#40 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

An idea I already have something for that I might get around to finishing if it were the topic: It seems most of us have an idea (or a few) about which and by extension what kind of character we want to write into the story when we're telling ones inspired by the games. This topic would be about writing about someone different and seeing how the story would go then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com