Quiz Ideas Needed!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:04 AM

Hello everyone, your friendly neighborhood quizmaster here, making an official request for new quiz ideas. If you have one, please let me know and we can get you a slot as an Honorary Quizmaster Extraordinaire!

So, drop me a line so we can keep the quizzes going!

VH

#2 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hows about minor NPCs? Or NPCs from BGI that never got a mention (or a cameo) in the BGII? It might be nice to have some stories about them. It might get people's headmeat working.

Blue

#3 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

Um, this is gonna sound dumb, but I am the one who suggested the "Mary Sue" Quiz way back in the day. Ah, the though was, how well would we, the writers, do in our own fantasy worlds? So, Self-Insertion, another well-hated fanfiction no-no. Or, barring that, how would they do in our world? Or both?

#4 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

Um, this is gonna sound dumb, but I am the one who suggested the "Mary Sue" Quiz way back in the day. Ah, the though was, how well would we, the writers, do in our own fantasy worlds? So, Self-Insertion, another well-hated fanfiction no-no. Or, barring that, how would they do in our world? Or both?

Back in the mid-1980’s I was lucky enough to run across a very short lived comic book form a very short lived publisher (the series lasted four issues). The Comic was called Empire Lanes. The premise was a rather standard fantasy adventuring party escapes capture by stepping through a dimensional portal (and collapsing the dungeon behind them to make their journey a one way event) and they land in our world…in the south side of Chicago… in a bowling alley. While there was some humor it was essentially a dark work. I remember the cleric going through a crisis of faith because his God was not present in this new realm and then there was the suicide. The story was riveting but it sadly ended when the publisher went out of business.

#5 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

Hmmm...I haven't heard of such a comic, but that was the basic idea, yes.

#6 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

I kinda like Blue's idea, myself. It's usually pretty fun when people take "extras" and turn them into something other than throwaway characters. Plus, extra points for use of the word "headmeat."

#7 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

Plus, extra points for use of the word "headmeat."

I put that in just for you. :cry:

#8 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:28 AM

Blue,

That is a nice bit of headmeat inspiration. I like it.... minor characters are always fun. Let me know if you'd like Honorary Quizmistress Status for the next quiz and we can run with such.

Reality Helix,

Our heroes in the modern world (or at least Earth) would be quite the entertaining quiz. If you're interested, we can certainly make you an Honorary Quizmaster.

VH

#9 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

I also suggest the Just Wrong quiz. could be tricky, given that many things that are Just Wrong, are also incredibly offensive...But I was thinking more along the lines of Things Man Was Not Meant To Know...Like, the whole bit with the Cult of the eyeless was Just Wrong to me. Or alot of the Ust Natha part of the game. Or similar. whatever you can think of.

#10 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

I've got an idea floating around, and it's kind of a simple one, but. .

Romance. Who do your characters fall in love with, and why?

I'm thinking this could also be a chance to explore less-traditional romances, or characters who don't get a lot of romantic depth to them. So. . .

#11 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

RH,

I think the Quiz of Wrongness has some potential, but I think it'd need some really constrained guidelines because... well, the difference between what is Wrong and what is Wrong but Funny or Wrong but Interesting is rather fine, and in most cases for most people a moving target. I'd just be worried about the drama llama.

Serena,

The Romance idea is a solid one. Would you like to leave it broad or focus it a little more? Maybe around one character (not the CHARNAME)? Or just not the CHARNAME or just not the traditional romances? Or as broad as can be?

VH

#12 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

I also like the Romance quiz. It sounds fun.

#13 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

I was actually thinking to make the idea very broad.

*shrug*

#14 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:03 AM

Idea:

What if one of the key people should die before they get to play their part in the story?

#15 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

Idea:

What if one of the key people should die before they get to play their part in the story?

Oooh, I like that one. Well, when we get around to doing that one, I have a plot bunny that's ready to go. :twisted:

#16 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

I like that one too. :twisted:

#17 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

Also, since our characters seem to get tossed into an inordinate amount of prisons and Dungeons From Which There be Only One Way Out, I propose the great escape.

#18 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:43 AM

Also, since our characters seem to get tossed into an inordinate amount of prisons and Dungeons From Which There be Only One Way Out, I propose the great escape.

:)

Hehe, that would be fun.

Oh, and I like that the quizzes are labeled by number again. Is that posted somewhere, or is that just consensus? Or did I miss something. . .?

#19 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:15 AM

Hehe, that would be fun.

Oh, and I like that the quizzes are labeled by number again. Is that posted somewhere, or is that just consensus? Or did I miss something. . .?

Viga's still dumping them into that one archive thread, so I "mildly" hinted that we start numbering them again to make it easier for people to follow which pieces go with which quiz when they get archived. I ended up putting the quiz number in the titles of my entries, and everyone just seemed to follow my lead. :)

#20 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hehe, that would be fun.

Viga's still dumping them into that one archive thread, so I "mildly" hinted that we start numbering them again to make it easier for people to follow which pieces go with which quiz when they get archived. I ended up putting the quiz number in the titles of my entries, and everyone just seemed to follow my lead. :)

Ah, ok.

Well, makes sense, and thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com