Chapter 14

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 25 February 2003 - 12:29 AM

The first thing Anomen saw were two massive chests. They towered above his head, another one encased in black, spiky platemail and the other one in hardened leather. Two massive hands emerged from the leather armor. The hands were green. The calloused fingers were thick like branches of a tree. On top of the armor hung a holy symbol. The holy symbol of Tyr.
- "Wha..." Anomen croaked and craned his neck. The next thing he saw was a pair of yellow tusks. Then the snout. And black, alert eyes gazing him from under a perpetual frown. An ogre. Emilia had brought an ogre to Anomen's doorsteps.

- "Hi, Ano!" Emilia chirped as she emerged from between the two males. At least Anomen hoped that the ogre was male. Perhaps not all women of beast races liked as obviously feminine garments as Emilia did. Thinking of which she was currently wearing a rather unspeakable canary yellow cape matching her bows, complete with grass green overalls with a happily quacking duckling sewn onto the front. And of course the heavy, iron-laced boots. And the axe.
Then there was Sarevok, who looked like a demon or a blackguard. A few noblewomen across the street were already fearfully glancing at their direction and whispering. Anomen groaned inwards.

- "Well, knightling? Aren't you going to welcome us?" Sarevok asked from his heights.
- "... ogre..." Anomen managed.
- "Yeah, his name is Tazok, Taz for short," Emilia explained, smiling the smile of one who was confident everybody would be the best of friends if they only got to know each other. "And Taz, this is Ano and he is human."
Anomen blushed a little at that, unsure as to what to do. Would the beast rip his hand off if he offered it to him? And...
- "...why.... Tyr's..."
- "Show respect, Anomen. Not every day does a true paladin pay you a visit," Sarevok said, barely concealed mirth and chuckle in his deep voice.

The annoyance made Anomen's capacity of speech return.
- "What kind of games are you two playing now?" he asked, indignant. "Emilia, you have been a friend in past, but I don't appreciate you bringing Sarevok here mocking me at the steps of my own house..."
- "No, no, you got it all wrong!" Emilia explained, smiling dazzlingly. "See, we were guests in Tazzy's bandit camp and we... well, drunk a bit and Sar and I promised to talk to the bandits because they were curious about us and then we did and Sarry kind of started to rant and then Tyr appeared and asked Tazok to answer the calling and found a new knightly order for tusked folk but we are a bit short of the knight knowledge so we thought to visit you and ask if you could help us with the shopping."

Anomen felt a queasy, the dreadful fluttering in his stomach intensifying.
- "You went. To Tazok's bamdit camp. And Tyr..."
- "Me used to be a badass bandit. Er... can knight swear?" the ogre said.
- "Verily, that is hardly..."
- "Verily! You have a pen?" the ogre said, his face lightening up in a smile.
- "A pen?"
- "It for writing."
- "I KNOW what a pen is for, you beas..." Anomen snapped his mouth shut as he saw Sarevok's glare and fished a pen out of the pocket of his tunic, handing it to Tazok.

Concentrating deeply, the ogre produced a wrinkly paper out of his pocket pouch and started to scribble something.
- "Me write down verily. Is a good knight word," Tazok explained. "Have also the shopping list here."
- "At least it can write," Anomen scoffed.
- "Anomen," Emilia said, not smiling any more. "Tazok is my friend. Don't call him 'it' any more than you would me."
Anomen nodded.
- "But... there... do you mean he REALLY is a knight?"

- "No," Sarevok said. "He is a paladin. As in a holy warrior a god has called to his service himself. He felt empty and Tyr felt his soul searching, calling him to be a leader to those who want to live a new kind of life in spite of being of the so called 'beastly races'."
- "So! Shall we go shopping then!" Emilia said now that the explanations were out of the way.
- "We? Together? Now?" Anomen said, his spirit sinking.
- "There's no time like the present," Emilia beamed.

There was a faint shriek and a thud from the hall.
- "Oh hi, Cor," Emilia said. "What now? ...oh, it is just my brother and my pal. Bye now, take care and lay off the booze once in a while!"
As the three started to drag the flabbergasted Anomen away, lord Cor swore never to drink that much again lest he would see green monsters and demons at his doorstep again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com