Chapter 12

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 25 February 2003 - 12:16 AM

Emilia noticed that there was more deep hurt than anger in Tazok's expression as he faced the knight.
- "I am a paladin of Tyr," the ogre said with all the dignity he could muster. "That why I have a holy symbol."
- "Quit blaspheming, beast!" the knight snarled in anger. "The likes of you are the scum on earth every defender of good and justice is obliged to smite from existence!"
The knight seemed a bit uneasy as well as angry, however. Perhaps it was the sight of the massive ogre wearing the symbols of Tyr, a kind-looking female half-orc with neatly done plaits and canary yellow traveling cape, and a huge human warrior with eyes burning like the very orb of sun.

Tazok sought for a proper answer when Sarevok spoke.
- "Do you dare to question the judgement of Tyr himself, puny one? You are talking to a leader of a newly made knightly order, and Tazok here has been called to lead it by the god himself."
- "Tazok! The bandit chief! I don't know what this game is, but most probably he has killed a paladin and taken his equipment!"
- "Me... would have. Before. But not any more. Tyr give me purpose," Tazok said. "Only me just practicing yet and..."
The knight uttered a derisive snort, when a squire yanked his sleave, and muttered fearfully something, glancing nervously at Sarevok.
- "You are the famous Sarevok, aren't you. The fiend and a murderer, and now an undead abomination. This confirms that all the talk of your good deeds and remorse are just false legends."

Emilia spotted Sarevok's expression and hurried to cut in.
- "You probably have heard the tale of Emilia of Candlekeep as well then. Pleased to meet you. If you don't believe in tales of Sarevok's good deeds, go to Berdusk and ask the people there. I am the one who resurrected him, I should know. And I was also there when Tyr came and called Tazok."
- "For all I know you are just a wench of the bandit, giving birth for more scum," the knight snarled, disgust and fear altering on his face.
- "Verily, who ever has heard of an ogre paladin," said a young squire, his eyes aglow with strange enthusiasm Emilia did not much care for.
- "I am a patient half-orc, but you are starting to annoy me," Emilia said. "No-one has heard of an ogre paladin before, because there has been none. But just because there has not been one before, doesn't mean the couldn't be a first one. Kind of like you have never got laid, but it doesn't mean that you never will. I think."
- "Why..." the young man blushed and drew his sword.

- "That brazen attitude is the confirmation we need! By all that is holy, we must purge these beasts without mercy, and so prove our worth to the mighty Helm!" roared the leader, whipping himself into righteous frenzy in order to overcome the fear. The knights drew their swords and attacked the three.
Emilia wasted no time to draw the greataxe hiding under the traveling cape. Using the whirlwind attack she and Sarevok so loved to employ in their battles, she parried two of the nearest swords slashing at her and cut the third knight in arm, causing him to yelp in pain and drop the blade.
Sarevok glared at his attackers, nearly facing them from the same level even though they were riding, and advanced with the blade drawn. Intimidated, the squires pulled the reins, swallowing insecurily.

Tazok clanged the Justiciar against the leader knight's blade. His weapon and strength was superior, and it took no great difficulty to advance so that the knight's sword was useless. Tazok twisted his wrist so that the weapon dropped to the ground and pulled him off the horseback. He held the attacker's throat in tight lock, not squeezing, but making a point. The knight was scared, but his eyes still burned with anger.
- "I will grant you that you possess one quality necessary to a knight, not to mention a paladin," Sarevok said. "Being brave is important, for powers of evil are strong indeed. However, there is a subtle difference between 'brave' and 'suicidal'. Look up the definitions and ponder that on your leisure."
- "You young ones, you are impressionable yet," Emilia said sternly,"but you, the leader, should know better. Perhaps there is a reason why you have not been called to be a paladin, hm? Do not be so quick to call others 'scum' and so eager to smite and purge."

- "Me will be a paladin, and find a holy quest and stuff, you like it or not," Tazok said. "My people often bandit because that all they know. But know me know we can do something different. Me will make world more fair, and Tyr will help me. Go now."
The rattled knights rode away, and the good humor of the group was gone.
Tazok sighed.
- "They never will believe me a paladin..."
- "You told him. You will be a paladin whether they like it or not. And when you do something paladinish, they will like it," Emilia reassured. "Come, let us continue the journey. I'm sure Ano will be happy when we pop by!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com