Beloved Child 60

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

Chapter 60 is here. More fighting and talking and written words! The Underdark arc is ramping up for the finish and soon we will get to see both Irenicus and Bodhi again. As well as Ellisime!

Beloved Child 60

The days passed quickly and on the third day, the party stood waiting in front of the gates that led to the arena. Crowds milled amidst brightly dressed announcers that gaily shouted about the day’s matches and events. Adrulace stalked through the crowds with her retinue and the crowds parted like wheat before the scythe. The Matron Mother seemed not to notice anyone as she passed through the gates and disappeared from sight. Phaere and presumably her sisters trailed behind their mother staring intently ahead.

“Well, this seems like a festive event.” Jaheira said the sarcasm obvious.

“You might like it; it can get exciting at times.” Viconia smiled at the druids raised eyebrow. “Of course it is mostly done to please the masses even if some do manage to vindicate themselves or advance in the ranks here.”

“The enjoyment part I doubt, the rest is most likely correct.” The half-elf nodded.

“Won’t you enjoy seeing me fight?” Groder asked looking up at Jaheira with a broad smile.

“Frankly no I won’t.” Jaheira deadpanned.

“Already a savage blow has been dealt to the young warrior!” Imoen exclaimed and earned some odd looks from passers by.

“But will it really be alright?” Nalia asked.

Haer`Dalis began pushing them forward whispering.

“We are taking up space so lets us fly into the web shall we? I believe we have to deposit the Raven somewhere as well.”

They met up with the female arena owner whom wasn’t the same as the tavern owner and the male Drow whom was in charge of the gladiators and the fights themselves. Both were tall and broad as well as sharing some facial features so Groder guessed that they were siblings.

“This is the young fighter that has even The Matron Mothers eye!” The female exclaimed and pointed at Groder. “Exciting isn’t it?”

“Facing Istrovir though… could be tough…” The male rubbed his chin and then pointed at a door. “You go through there, the rest carry on forward.”

The male led Groder away and the female waved the rest of the party on into the seating area. The arena was an oval construction with the fighting pit sharing the same shape. Two large spiked pillars held up the roof and were secured deep in the fighting pits sand. Rows and rows of stone seats ran around the pit and up the walls. The party moved among the gathered throng and eventually found some good seats. Ardulace and her children sat on one of several special balconies obviously reserved for the noble houses.

“Shouldn’t we be there?” Nalia grumbled.

“It is better for us to be here.” Viconia responded.

Imoen had managed to sit next to Solaufein on the long stone seat that ran around the arena. The rest of the party sans Groder sat a bit away as well. She liked her new opportunity.

“So what do you think about this then?” She asked.

The Drow shrugged.

“If your kid kills Istrovir it’ll be better, not that I care much for Veldrin either.”

Imoen sighed.

“It is easy to have that sentiment.” She said. “Veldrin isn’t the easiest of people to deal with.”

“Bah… to have children do…” Solaufein began but broke off and looked very angry for a moment.

Imoen hesitated for a moment; pondering if she should seize upon this opportunity she had been given.

“You object to this?” She whispered very silently.

Soalufein seemed taken aback, not by the question itself but with the care that it had been asked. He gauged Imoen for a while, pondering her for a Drow unnatural chirpiness and odd choice for work. A brief hope that another worshipper of Ellistraee had crossed his path flickered for but a moment.

Imoen noticed the small changes in his demeanour and made a silent kind of nod to Solaufein. The Drow warrior cocked his head a bit and mouthed: “Lets just watch for now.”

Imoen nodded imperceptibly again and took the entire exchange as a good sign. Viconia and Jaheira were sending stern looks her way. Nalia had a neutral look on her face but the red eyes sparkled a bit. Haer`Dalis seemed very amused and most likely he was by all of it.

Groder rolled his neck around trying to relieve some of the tension he felt. The Drow pit keeper had ushered the youth into a lonely sitting room. It was clad with banners, weapons and depictions of previous fights that had been thought worth preserving. Benches sat against the walls and Groder sat down, twirling Azure Edge between his hands. The pit manager had said that he would be collected when the time came. He felt a little worried; Istrovir may have been ugly and stupid but he was not a bad fighter. Nym had told him as much but the Drow youths ability to gauge such things was in definite question seeing how awful he was at combat himself.

Groder stood, checked his armour once again. Took a few practice swings with the axe and wished for a nimbler weapon. Then the pit manager and his sister came in.
“This is going to be spectacular.” The female announced. “The arena is filled and Ardulace herself has the prime seats.”

“There will be some eh… warm up fights first before you and Istrovir will do battle. To get the blood boiling you know.” The brother said. “They really want to see the child from Ched Nassad do battle with the Vol`Soress first son.” He laughed a nasty laugh.

“Our money is on you.” The sister said factually. “So do win will you?”

Groder nodded. He felt confident that he could beat Istrovir and if worse came to worse he could always cheat. Oh how he could cheat. He almost smiled at the thought. The youth fastened his gaze outwards to the arena where a lone Drow warrior was fighting a Hook Horror. He let his flit over the seats and spotted his companions. Imoen sat close to Solaufein; Jaheira looked displeased as he thought she usually did. Nalia seemed neutral and Haer`Dalis wore a knowing smile; Viconia looked lovely as always of course.

When the moment finally came, Groder ventured out into the sand clad pit to the roars of a filled arena. Dead bodies of Drow and non Drow alike littered the floor. The young bhaalspawn felt the blood pound in his ears. Across the pit, beyond the two pillars with the wicked looking spikes stood Istrovir swinging a sword back and forth, grinning.

When the two clashed it was to the roar of the entire arena. A thousand hungry eyes watched them in anticipation. Groder wore the chain mail he always wore while Istrovir opted for some heavier Drow plates. Blade struck blade and the sound rang under the din of the crowd.

“You have no chance!” Istrovir spat as his face came close to Groders pushing his blade downwards. The youth smiled grimly and pushed back. The Drow warrior went on the attack and swung low but Groder turned out be a bit more nimble then Istrovir had counted on and the youth managed to avoid the swing. Groder retaliated by slashing at Istrovirs midriff. The Drow deflected the blow.

“No chance? You better not confuse me with Nym.” Groder spat and once more blade bounced off blade.

“By Lloth… he hasn’t bawled at you has he?” Istrovir sneered as the circled each other.

Groder shrugged and then launched himself at the Drow. It went on like this for some time, attacking and defending without any blood being drawn. The audience was fired up and calls for blood had begun issuing from the seats.

The crowd soon got their wish as Istrovir managed to cut Groders leg but the wound was shallow. Groder kept moving around despite the wound. Again the deadly dance went on. Istrovir sliced at Groder`s head and the same time Groder slashed at the opening beneath the Drow`s armpit. Azure Edge hit the armour and it made Istrovir loose balance and Groder went down on top of the warrior. They lay close, almost face to face with only their weapons between them.

“Nym is pathetic and do not think otherwise.” Istroivr growled. “Whatever machinations you have devised will fail. You’ll die by my hand.”

“What paranoia…but I know Nym so very well… so intimately well. Your second boy isn’t just a failure to your house, he is also my whore.” Groder grinned at Istrovir. “I have nothing to lose with my favour so high with the matron mother… you and yours on the other hand…”

Istrovirs face seemed to twitch a bit. Then the warrior roared and tossed Groder off him. The Drow lunged forward but had misjudged the distance between himself and Groder. Istrovir tumbled over the youth and the bhaalspawn took his chance. Slashing wildly upwards, Azure Edge tore into Istrovirs throat and a massive spray of arterial blood stained Istrovirs armoured chest.

The man staggered, grasped at empty air and then fell down into the sand. The cheers from the spectators were deafening. As Groder looked up at the seats he noted that even his companions had gotten up although mostly for show he assumed. Then he turned towards the balcony were Ardulace sat. The Matron Mother for Ust Natha stood as well. There was a smile on her lips and she was clapping her hands. On the balcony next to Ardulace, the female owner of the gladiator pits preened like a peacock.

It was a sort of a party, held in the private rooms of he siblings that owned the pits. The party was present of course as well as Ardulace and some of her guards. Solaufein had apparently managed to excuse himself away for he was not there.

“Marvellous display my Raven.” Haer`Dalis praised Groder as they received goblets filled with wine.

Groder bowed theatrically at Haer`Dalis.

“Well it seems this foolish venture actually went well.” Jaheira commented silently and Viconia nodded in agreement.

Ardulace swept by them all and stood before Groder.

“Good to know that I backed the right male and even better that the Vol`Soress bitch will not make so much noise from now on.” She smiled viciously.

“Happy to oblige.” Groder said and sipped the wine.

Ardulace smiled.

“You have served well, all of you and there will be rewards in the end and the end is soon.”

The Matron Mother kept milling about the room exchanging words with the owner.

“You don’t look too happy.” Imoen whispered to Nalia

“No, the fight made me remember Yoshimo…” The noble trailed off.

“Do you want to leave?” The mage asked.

“No, I… I think we better stay.” Nalia responded.

About two hours later, the party was about to leave the arena when Phaere approached them.

“Tomorrow, come to my quarters at the female fighter’s society. I wish to speak with you and do not tarry.” She hissed and then scurried off.

Viconia tapped her chin with a finger as she watched the Drow noble disappear.

“More opportunities present themselves.” She mused.

“A good one, I hope.” Groder said. “We have wasted enough time down here.”

“Ah, it seems you do say sensible things sometimes.” The Drow cleric jibed.

Groder raised an eyebrow and smiled.

“I do, don’t I?” He said

After returning to the tavern and taking a meal, Groder met up with Nym on the same spot that they had talked previously.

#2 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

“Well, this seems like a festive event.” Jaheira said the sarcasm obvious.

“You might like it; it can get exciting at times.” Viconia smiled at the druids raised eyebrow. “Of course it is mostly done to please the masses even if some do manage to vindicate themselves or advance in the ranks here.”

Methinks they really should stop talking like this in public... Someone can hear, or something...

Soalufein seemed taken aback, not by the question itself but with the care that it had been asked. He gauged Imoen for a while, pondering her for a Drow unnatural chirpiness and odd choice for work. A brief hope that another worshipper of Ellistraee had crossed his path flickered for but a moment.

:shock:
Yes, Sola, these really are weird drow, aren't they?

Imoen noticed the small changes in his demeanour and made a silent kind of nod to Solaufein. The Drow warrior cocked his head a bit and mouthed: “Lets just watch for now.”

:(

Istrovirs face seemed to twitch a bit. Then the warrior roared and tossed Groder off him. The Drow lunged forward but had misjudged the distance between himself and Groder. Istrovir tumbled over the youth and the bhaalspawn took his chance. Slashing wildly upwards, Azure Edge tore into Istrovirs throat and a massive spray of arterial blood stained Istrovirs armoured chest.

Ow. That gotta hurt.

I'm kind of torn... The previous time, I whined that the fight was too long for me to enjoy. This time, I feel like whining that this one wasn't described in exact detail, move after move. :| I'm hard to please, I guess :D don't mind me here...

The man staggered, grasped at empty air and then fell down into the sand. The cheers from the spectators were deafening. As Groder looked up at the seats he noted that even his companions had gotten up although mostly for show he assumed. Then he turned towards the balcony were Ardulace sat. The Matron Mother for Ust Natha stood as well. There was a smile on her lips and she was clapping her hands. On the balcony next to Ardulace, the female owner of the gladiator pits preened like a peacock.

Applause... I suppose. :?

“Good to know that I backed the right male and even better that the Vol`Soress bitch will not make so much noise from now on.” She smiled viciously.

“Happy to oblige.” Groder said and sipped the wine.

Oh. How tactful. I see his stay in the city has taught him when not to mouth off, after all!

When I remember how concerned Jaheira and Viconia were about this... :cry:

Aww. :(

“I do, don’t I?” He said

See two comments above... My thoughts exactly!

After returning to the tavern and taking a meal, Groder met up with Nym on the same spot that they had talked previously.

Upon Which, it turns out that Nym was the one who Planned It All! A Drow geek mastermind, in other words. :D

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:44 AM

Chapter 60 is here. More fighting and talking and written words! The Underdark arc is ramping up for the finish and soon we will get to see both Irenicus and Bodhi again. As well as Ellisime!

I can’t say I am very much looking forward to meeting Ellesime.

“Won’t you enjoy seeing me fight?” Groder asked looking up at Jaheira with a broad smile.

It’s not like it’s such a rare sight, anyway.

They met up with the female arena owner whom wasn’t the same as the tavern owner

That explanation somehow felt clumsy, all though I have no immediate ideas for how to improve it. It seemed unnecessary bit of information. :D

No, no, I’m sure she’s an Evul spy sent by the temple of Lolth. :)

“There will be some eh… warm up fights first before you and Istrovir will do battle. To get the blood boiling you know.” The brother said. “They really want to see the child from Ched Nassad do battle with the Vol`Soress first son.” He laughed a nasty laugh.

Maybe Groder should ask for a cut of the winnings, then.

Groder shrugged and then launched himself at the Drow. It went on like this for some time, attacking and defending without any blood being drawn. The audience was fired up and calls for blood had begun issuing from the seats.

Yeah, this is boring! Enough with the foreplay!

“What paranoia…but I know Nym so very well… so intimately well. Your second boy isn’t just a failure to your house, he is also my whore.” Groder grinned at Istrovir. “I have nothing to lose with my favour so high with the matron mother… you and yours on the other hand…”

Seems like a successful Taunt check. :D

he really enjoys the attention, doesn’t he?

“I do, don’t I?” He said

Entirely by accident, I’m sure.

#4 Guest_CrazeeFfan_*

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

“Already a savage blow has been dealt to the young warrior!” Imoen exclaimed and earned some odd looks from passers by.

Gods, you wouldn’t believe how much I love Imoen. She’s the best fictional character EVER.

The male led Groder away and the female waved the rest of the party on into the seating area. The arena was an oval construction with the fighting pit sharing the same shape. Two large spiked pillars held up the roof and were secured deep in the fighting pits sand. Rows and rows of stone seats ran around the pit and up the walls. The party moved among the gathered throng and eventually found some good seats. Ardulace and her children sat on one of several special balconies obviously reserved for the noble houses.

Missing the luxuries of wealth, are you little Nally Nalia? Ah, I never took you for the adventuring sort, personally.

“If your kid kills Istrovir it’ll be better, not that I care much for Veldrin either.”

You an’ me both, brother.

Imoen nodded imperceptibly again and took the entire exchange as a good sign. Viconia and Jaheira were sending stern looks her way. Nalia had a neutral look on her face but the red eyes sparkled a bit. Haer`Dalis seemed very amused and most likely he was by all of it.

This was a rather adorable scene. It’s the first time you’ve mentioned that Sola doesn’t worship Lloth, I think. Another step forwards for Sola’s character development.

When the moment finally came, Groder ventured out into the sand clad pit to the roars of a filled arena. Dead bodies of Drow and non Drow alike littered the floor. The young bhaalspawn felt the blood pound in his ears. Across the pit, beyond the two pillars with the wicked looking spikes stood Istrovir swinging a sword back and forth, grinning.

A brilliant little picture there. Good job.

“You have no chance!” Istrovir spat as his face came close to Groders pushing his blade downwards. The youth smiled grimly and pushed back. The Drow warrior went on the attack and swung low but Groder turned out be a bit more nimble then Istrovir had counted on and the youth managed to avoid the swing. Groder retaliated by slashing at Istrovirs midriff. The Drow deflected the blow.

*takes notes* Aha!

Poor Nym. Groder is a bit of a bastard isn‘t he? And Nym is stuck with him. For some reason, though, I can’t see the relationship lasting…

Aww, if Groder hadn’t called him his whore earlier on, that might have been sweet.

#5 Guest_Tenfoot_*

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

Crowds milled amidst brightly dressed announcers that gaily shouted about the day’s matches and events. Adrulace stalked through the crowds with her retinue and the crowds parted like wheat before the scythe.

A very cool visual. I can really picture it.

:D I loved this. It just seems so perfectly in character for all, and the reaction's to Imoen's declaration are just comic genius.

Imoen had managed to sit next to Solaufein on the long stone seat that ran around the arena. The rest of the party sans Groder sat a bit away as well. She liked her new opportunity.

And Imoen makes me :) again.

“Bah… to have children do…” Solaufein began but broke off and looked very angry for a moment.

Imoen hesitated for a moment; pondering if she should seize upon this opportunity she had been given.

I loved this whole moment, and especially the party's reactions afterwards. I really hope Imoen's going to get through to him!

Groder nodded. He felt confident that he could beat Istrovir and if worse came to worse he could always cheat. Oh how he could cheat. He almost smiled at the thought.

I'm smiling at the thought too. And I have no doubt Groder'd get away with it!

“No chance? You better not confuse me with Nym.” Groder spat and once more blade bounced off blade.

This is a great fight, so clear and easy to follow. I can picture it in my head and that's no mean feat.

:) Once again, Groder is starting to scare me...

Aw. Poor thing. I love the fact that she's reminded of previous events, in such a natural way.

:D Aha! it seems the drow way of life may be rubbing off on young Groder. I shall have to wait and see, I guess.

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

[quote][quote]“Well, this seems like a festive event.” Jaheira said the sarcasm obvious.

“You might like it; it can get exciting at times.” Viconia smiled at the druids raised eyebrow. “Of course it is mostly done to please the masses even if some do manage to vindicate themselves or advance in the ranks here.” [/quote]

Methinks they really should stop talking like this in public... Someone can hear, or something...
[/quote]

They have writers protection! :D

Seriously though, yeah.

[quote]
[quote]Soalufein seemed taken aback, not by the question itself but with the care that it had been asked. He gauged Imoen for a while, pondering her for a Drow unnatural chirpiness and odd choice for work. A brief hope that another worshipper of Ellistraee had crossed his path flickered for but a moment.

:)
Yes, Sola, these really are weird drow, aren't they?
[/quote]

He knows something is off and soon he will know...

[quote]
[quote]Imoen noticed the small changes in his demeanour and made a silent kind of nod to Solaufein. The Drow warrior cocked his head a bit and mouthed: “Lets just watch for now.” [/quote]

:D
[/quote]

Neither of them has any clue what the other meant but it worked out :D

[quote]
[quote]Istrovirs face seemed to twitch a bit. Then the warrior roared and tossed Groder off him. The Drow lunged forward but had misjudged the distance between himself and Groder. Istrovir tumbled over the youth and the bhaalspawn took his chance. Slashing wildly upwards, Azure Edge tore into Istrovirs throat and a massive spray of arterial blood stained Istrovirs armoured chest. [/quote]

Ow. That gotta hurt.
[/quote]

I`ll assume it does.

[quote]
I'm kind of torn... The previous time, I whined that the fight was too long for me to enjoy. This time, I feel like whining that this one wasn't described in exact detail, move after move. :) I'm hard to please, I guess :D don't mind me here...
[/quote]

I didn`t really like this scene either... to short I think as well.

[quote]
[quote]The man staggered, grasped at empty air and then fell down into the sand. The cheers from the spectators were deafening. As Groder looked up at the seats he noted that even his companions had gotten up although mostly for show he assumed. Then he turned towards the balcony were Ardulace sat. The Matron Mother for Ust Natha stood as well. There was a smile on her lips and she was clapping her hands. On the balcony next to Ardulace, the female owner of the gladiator pits preened like a peacock. [/quote]

Applause... I suppose. :?
[/quote]

Yes, yes!

[quote]
[quote]“Good to know that I backed the right male and even better that the Vol`Soress bitch will not make so much noise from now on.” She smiled viciously.

“Happy to oblige.” Groder said and sipped the wine. [/quote]

Oh. How tactful. I see his stay in the city has taught him when not to mouth off, after all!
[/quote]

Just there, anywhere else and he will still do it!

[quote]
When I remember how concerned Jaheira and Viconia were about this... :D
[/quote]

He is a fast learner if anything...

[quote]
[quote]“No, the fight made me remember Yoshimo…” The noble trailed off. [/quote]

Aww. :(
[/quote]

Memories of the parted... ah...

[quote]
[quote]“Ah, it seems you do say sensible things sometimes.” The Drow cleric jibed.

“I do, don’t I?” He said[/quote]

See two comments above... My thoughts exactly!
[/quote]

He... Thank you.

[quote]
[quote]After returning to the tavern and taking a meal, Groder met up with Nym on the same spot that they had talked previously.[/quote]

Upon Which, it turns out that Nym was the one who Planned It All! A Drow geek mastermind, in other words. :D[/quote]

Maybe a twist but not that campy ;)

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

[quote][quote]Chapter 60 is here. More fighting and talking and written words! The Underdark arc is ramping up for the finish and soon we will get to see both Irenicus and Bodhi again. As well as Ellisime!
[/quote]

I can’t say I am very much looking forward to meeting Ellesime.
[/quote]

She is a bit diffrent here I think...

[quote]
[quote]“Won’t you enjoy seeing me fight?” Groder asked looking up at Jaheira with a broad smile.

[/quote]

It’s not like it’s such a rare sight, anyway.
[/quote]

Well, she has seen enough off him...

[quote]
[quote]
They met up with the female arena owner whom wasn’t the same as the tavern owner [/quote]

That explanation somehow felt clumsy, all though I have no immediate ideas for how to improve it. It seemed unnecessary bit of information. :)
[/quote]

Yeah, I know... I am kind of writing these chapters rather fast...

[quote]
[quote]Soalufein seemed taken aback, not by the question itself but with the care that it had been asked. He gauged Imoen for a while, pondering her for a Drow unnatural chirpiness and odd choice for work. A brief hope that another worshipper of Ellistraee had crossed his path flickered for but a moment.
[/quote]

No, no, I’m sure she’s an Evul spy sent by the temple of Lolth. :)
[/quote]

Heh... No... just a surfacer with a crush I am afraid.

[quote]
[quote]“There will be some eh… warm up fights first before you and Istrovir will do battle. To get the blood boiling you know.” The brother said. “They really want to see the child from Ched Nassad do battle with the Vol`Soress first son.” He laughed a nasty laugh. [/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe Groder should ask for a cut of the winnings, then.
[/quote]

He wouldn`t get them anyways... :D

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, this is boring! Enough with the foreplay!
[/quote]

:D

[quote]
[quote]“What paranoia…but I know Nym so very well… so intimately well. Your second boy isn’t just a failure to your house, he is also my whore.” Groder grinned at Istrovir. “I have nothing to lose with my favour so high with the matron mother… you and yours on the other hand…”
[/quote]

Seems like a successful Taunt check. :D
[/quote]

Yep, the kill is coming!

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

he really enjoys the attention, doesn’t he?
[/quote]

Oh yes. He loves it.

[quote]
[quote]

“I do, don’t I?” He said
[/quote]

Entirely by accident, I’m sure.[/quote]

Heh... he will say otherwise in the next chapter. :D

#8 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:35 PM

Gods, you wouldn’t believe how much I love Imoen. She’s the best fictional character EVER.

She is a very nice character yes.

Missing the luxuries of wealth, are you little Nally Nalia? Ah, I never took you for the adventuring sort, personally.

heh... Well, they have kind of earned it you know.

You an’ me both, brother.

But the main character can`t die! At least not yet...

This was a rather adorable scene. It’s the first time you’ve mentioned that Sola doesn’t worship Lloth, I think. Another step forwards for Sola’s character development.

The second time. Once during his introduction. And thank you.

A brilliant little picture there. Good job.

Thankee sai!

*takes notes* Aha!

;)

Poor Nym. Groder is a bit of a bastard isn‘t he? And Nym is stuck with him. For some reason, though, I can’t see the relationship lasting…

No it won`t. You`ll see how it goes in chapter 61!

Aww, if Groder hadn’t called him his whore earlier on, that might have been sweet.

Indeed.

#9 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

Crowds milled amidst brightly dressed announcers that gaily shouted about the day’s matches and events. Adrulace stalked through the crowds with her retinue and the crowds parted like wheat before the scythe.

A very cool visual. I can really picture it.

Thank you.

:shock: I loved this. It just seems so perfectly in character for all, and the reaction's to Imoen's declaration are just comic genius.

Heh... Thank you.

And Imoen makes me :) again.

She has a tendency to do just that.

I loved this whole moment, and especially the party's reactions afterwards. I really hope Imoen's going to get through to him!

They will have to come clean very soon as Phaere is wants to kill her mother.

Groder nodded. He felt confident that he could beat Istrovir and if worse came to worse he could always cheat. Oh how he could cheat. He almost smiled at the thought.

I'm smiling at the thought too. And I have no doubt Groder'd get away with it!

Of course!

This is a great fight, so clear and easy to follow. I can picture it in my head and that's no mean feat.

Thank you. I kind of didn`t like this one.

;) Once again, Groder is starting to scare me...

Good... :wicked:

Aw. Poor thing. I love the fact that she's reminded of previous events, in such a natural way.

Thank you again.

:( Aha! it seems the drow way of life may be rubbing off on young Groder. I shall have to wait and see, I guess.

We shall see what transpires soon...

#10 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

The days passed quickly and on the third day, the party stood waiting in front of the gates that led to the arena. Crowds milled amidst brightly dressed announcers that gaily shouted about the day’s matches and events. Adrulace stalked through the crowds with her retinue and the crowds parted like wheat before the scythe. The Matron Mother seemed not to notice anyone as she passed through the gates and disappeared from sight. Phaere and presumably her sisters trailed behind their mother staring intently ahead.

Noblesse oblige.

Bread and circus, eh?

He's such a creepy little bastard!

The crowd soon got their wish as Istrovir managed to cut Groders leg but the wound was shallow. Groder kept moving around despite the wound. Again the deadly dance went on. Istrovir sliced at Groder`s head and the same time Groder slashed at the opening beneath the Drow`s armpit. Azure Edge hit the armour and it made Istrovir loose balance and Groder went down on top of the warrior. They lay close, almost face to face with only their weapons between them.

I love the way you write them circling each other like this.

Low blow there!

How To Fight, Rule 31426: Never get angry. (at least not unless you have berserker strength, anyway.)

She's still heartbroken, isn't she ;)

Great chapter!

#11 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

Just a note everybody: I am sick right now so 61 is going to be late.

Noblesse oblige.

That it is. That it is.

Bread and circus, eh?

I guess they use that alot down there.

He's such a creepy little bastard!

I hope he is... :(

I love the way you write them circling each other like this.

Thank you.

Low blow there!

He is the king of low blows!

How To Fight, Rule 31426: Never get angry. (at least not unless you have berserker strength, anyway.)

;)

True dat!

She's still heartbroken, isn't she :shock:

Yep, that wound will hurt for some time more.

Great chapter!

Thankee sai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com