Beloved Child 54

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Not much actually happening here either I am afraid… Hot Drow on Beholder action coming up in the next chapter!

Beloved Child 54

The four women walked closely together as they moved down the walkways of the Drow city. Viconia knew they were followed again, they had been since they entered Ust Natha after all but she saw no need to alarm her other companions. To her this was natural and the Drow realised that they might not react well to the news. Viconia glanced at her three companions, Jaheira had a slightly tense look on her face, the druid was masking her movements well but Viconia noticed that the half-elf was ready to leap into action at a moments notice. Imoen and Nalia looked less tense but Viconia though that their eyes saw more then they let on, they were both trained thieves after all. So far everything was good, open paranoia was worse here then concealed paranoia. The cleric glanced at the stalactite whose ring of light told the time. She sighed, it was sometime before noon, they had slept in apparently.

“Can we take a look at the market?” Imoen said suddenly. “I kind of need clothes, weapons and lots of other stuff.” Then she seemed to remember something. “We have gold right?”

Viconia shot a look at Jaheira whom nodded to the unspoken question. Imoen came up beside the cleric and the druid.

“Yes, let us go to the market.” Viconia said and looked at Imoen. “You are still wearing the clothes you wore in the asylum yes?”

“Don’t remind me, they will start to stink at any moment.” Imoen responded with a slight smile.

Viconia, Jaheira and Nalia shared a look. Imoen`s face fell a bit.

“They stink now, don’t they?” She muttered.

“Not that much.” Nalia said and then added. “We haven’t changed clothes for some days either.”

“Really?” Imoen raised an eyebrow. “How ever did Groder survive that?”

“He did complain oddly little.” Jaheira agreed.

“You could have told me about the stinky clothes before I tried to talk to Solaufein…” The pink haired mage grumbled.

“Hmm… Imoen, I will need to talk to you about that.” Viconia said as they began approaching the busy marketplace.

The round platform that held the market and beyond it the entrance to the city looked much the same that it had the previous day. Drow pushed back and forth, the sellers hawked their wares and argued about prices. Several stands sold both drinks and food. Moving through the crowds, the four women stopped ever so often to browse. They past stalls selling clothes, jewellery, books, scrolls, weapons and armour and even a few that sold small statues and furniture. The market was almost surrounded by the raised circular platforms that held tables and chairs. Jaheira scolwed as they past by several slave traders and their platforms and Viconia made sure they past by them quickly.

Eventually they found a row of stalls that sold clothes and Imoen began browsing carefully. The stall they had stopped by had a section that was sealed off with curtains and the merchant allowed Imoen to try on some pants behind. Imoen picked out some pairs of blue pants as well as a pair of black low cut leather ones. The pink haired mage went behind the curtains and after a while some sounds of struggle came back out.

“I’ll take these.” She said and held up the pairs of blue pants. “The leather ones almost killed me, too tight.” Imoen whispered to her companions.

Viconia took the black pair of pants and eyed them critically.

“I’ll take these then.” The Drow said.

They moved down the stalls and Nalia picked up another skirt although she had to search for sometime to find one that didn’t have almost indecent high slits. Even Jaheira managed to pick up an earth coloured vest.

As the four was about to start looking for stalls that sold weapons Imoen halted in front of one of the clothing stalls. A beautiful and finely manicured Drow woman stood before lines and lines of spider silk wrought dresses and undergarments. Imoen stared breathlessly at the almost transparent garments and then a mischievous smile spread on her lips. The others had stopped as well and Viconia briefly touched one of the dresses.

“These are of very fine quality.” She commented.

“The very best.” The saleswoman responded.

Imoen pointed at what looked like a short silken nightshirt.

“How much is that?” She asked.

“Excellent choice!” The saleswoman exclaimed. “That one costs 500.”

Imoen spun around and made puppy dog eyes at Jaheira. The druid sighed.

“Should we really be spending so much on lingerie?” Jaheira asked seriously.

“But it is an important step in my recovery…” Imoen whispered.

Jaheira set her mouth in a straight line.

“Fine… but it is coming out of your food budget.” The druid responded.

“Yay!” Imoen cried silently and jumped up and down on the spot.

Continuing their trek around the market now laden with clothes they found several stalls that sold weapons. An old Drow man stood behind the table and on his sides stood two burly and well armed bugbears. They looked over the various weapons and Imoen was a bit disappointed to find that the old man did not have any bows. The old man had grumbled over youngsters and how useless bows were down here. She looked over the selection of handheld crossbows and tried the weight and handling of several black ones.

“I am not really used to crossbows.” The pink haired mage sighed fastened her newly bought weapon to her belt.

“Well, they are slower to well reload but easier to use then a bow though.” Nalia said

“Well, I suppose I ought to get some practice in.” Imoen fiddled with the crossbow until Viconia reminded her that it was loaded.

After completing their business at the market having picked up apart from clothes and weapons for Imoen, they also brought a good number of potions with them.

“I still don’t trust someone that swills so much from their own stock.” Imoen said and held up one of the flasks containing a purple elixir.

Viconia shrugged.

“He proved that it worked didn’t he?” The Drow asked.

Viconia led back into the city proper and soon stopped in front of a building. The Drow winked and made a sweeping gesture towards it.

“And now, for the… entertainment and relaxation in complete privacy.”

Jaheira raised a sceptical eyebrow.

Imoen bent her legs up and her toes curled as the masseuse hit another weak spot.

“Ihh…” The young mage squealed and then half yelled to Viconia. “Viconia can we keep these guys?”

Nalia on the other hand was doing her best not to look at the naked male Drow that was currently massaging her lower back. Viconia and Jaheira sat wrapped in silken robes and half sunken into plush chairs, feet propped on small footstools. Filled goblets rested on a table between them. A Drow woman in multicoloured robes had bustled to and from them, inquiring if they needed anything. Viconia had chased her away in the end.

“You have seemed tenser since we arrived to the Underdark, it is understandable that we all are but you…” Jaheira began.

“Are Drow?” Viconia commented wryly.

“Well, yes.” The druid nodded.

Viconia sighed.

“It is not home anymore, I thought it would be but it is not.” A depressed look haunted the Drow`s face. She sighed again and took a look around. “Valas…” She whispered the name barley audible. Jaheira raised an eyebrow, it had sounded wistful, sad and longing. Viconia noticed the druids somewhat inquisitive face.

“I had a brother once…” Viconia began silently. “Valas was his name. Understand that the surface notion of a brother or sister does not exist here. Valas was… different, he would look out for me; entertain me when we were younger. As we grew older we also grew more distant from each other, he would still set loose some trap in corridors that would make one of my sisters hair stand on end or similar things. Viconia smiled a distantly and smiled then she carried on.

”In the end with age came the responsibilities as a female of a noble house. I was to take part in sacrifices to Lloth, I will not deny that I let much blood flow in the name of the spider queen; I have pulled still beating hearts from the chests of victims.” She sighed again. “There was one time; the sacrifice to be was a surfacer babe but months from the womb.” Jaheira`s face twitched a little but she said nothing. “I hesitated, it seemed so senseless and one of my younger sisters acted upon it.” Viconia continued. “I would have been the next to die if not for my poor foolish brother. He killed my sister and my mother. And I fled, leaving my home and my brother behind.” She finished

“I…” Jaheira began looking Viconia in the eyes. “Understand it may have been difficult for you to tell me this and…” The half-elf looked unsure of herself for a moment.

“We are under Lloths eye now and I admit that it frightens me.” The Drow said softly. “It makes me talk of things that perhaps should be left unsaid.” Then in an attempt to steer the topic away she said. “I have thought about Groder and I think you may be right.”

“Really?” Jaheira echoed a bit surprised. She did not mention the departure from the original topic.

“Yes, Maybe I should find a nice surface male and settle down.” Viconia answered a slight smile on her face. “Or maybe a female…” The Drow looked thoughtful tapping a finger on her cheek.

“What are you two looking so gloomy about?” Imoen demanded as she bounced up to them. Nalia followed Imoen and desperately tried to shoo away her masseuse.

“We are not… gloomy as you say.” Viconia teased. “We are talking about our future marriage.”

“Wha?” Imoen looked confused.

“No we are not.” Jaheira said sharply but a smile played on her lips.

“Ohh…” Imoen feigned a frown and shook her fist at them. “You shall pay for tricking me.”

Hours later they met up with Groder at the Inn were they found the youth and Solaufein sending ill concealed death glares at the returned Haer`Dalis and another slender Drow male with several ruby earrings in his ears. Haer`Dalis and the earring wearing Drow were both smiling and talking.

“Ah, I see you are returned in one piece.” Viconia commented to Haer`Dalis as they began sitting down at the table.

The bard nodded.

“Aye, mistress Despana is a most lively and engaging person.” He winked.

The earring wearing Drow bowed curtly to them.

“Ruzun.” He quietly introduced himself to them. “An honour and pleasure to meet the saviours of our first daughter.”

There was a round of introductions and Jaheira looked oddly at Groder and Solaufein.

“Please, do not bother about them jabress.” Ruzun said. “They both seem to share the same inability at taking jokes.”

Groder and Solaufein were about to protest and then realized the fact that both of them were and stopped, glaring at each other instead.

After they had bid Solaufein and Ruzun goodbye, the party retreated to their rooms. They sat around table in the common room and ate and discussed the day’s activities as day turned to evening. There was a notable change in the air in the rooms, the shadows seemed to grow thicker and the lights grew dimmer.

“The hells…?” Groder exclaimed with a fork still in his mouth.

The air on the table started to wobble and bleed darkness. Soon enough a beautiful Drow female sat on the table, twirling a wicked looking dagger between her fingers. There was a black ribbon tied around the dagger.

“Weird Drow on the table.” Imoen shouted and scooted away still sitting in her chair.

Viconia made a strangled noise and looked very worried.

“Eh… Lloth…?” Groder asked carefully.

The goddess nodded.

“I thought I’d wear clothes this time.” She said and smiled as if she shared some secret joke with Groder. She extended the dagger towards the youth. The daggers handle resembled a spider and when Groder took it the legs closed around his hand. He raised an eyebrow at the ribbon.

“This is my weapon.” The goddess said. “Hopefully you will be able to put it to good use, not here mind you. Might make some people jealous if they saw it.” Then Lloth turned back to the now rather nervous looking part and locked eyes with Viconia.

“Rejoice heretic, your life and sprit may yet be spared.” Lloth said and made some imperious carry on motions and then faded from the room that returned to normal.

“Would you like to explain why Lloth herself just appeared to give you that?” Jaheira asked with a strained voice after the shock of seeing the spider queen herself appear in their room abated.

“I would like to hear that as well.” Viconia hissed. “And what did she mean, I may yet be spared?”

“Eh well…” Groder shrank a bit before the two women’s furious gazes. “We kind of talked and…eh… made a deal. If I kill a certain bhaalspawn Drow whom there is a great chance that we should encounter in the future… ” He motioned lamely to the dagger. “She would eh… wipe Viconia`s slate clean as it was…”

“You gamble with the spider queen?” Jaheira snarled. “And here I thought there was a limit to your foolishness.”

Viconia was massaging the bridge of her nose.

“She claimed she would free me if you were to kill this other bhaalspawn whom we might and I stress might meet?” The Drow ground out.

Groder nodded.

“I did think you were less naive then that.” Viconia went on.

Groder sighed.

“Nothing ventured, nothing gained.” He said as he twirled the dagger. “It is a rather large service that is being provided so let me have a little faith in Lloth.”

“I should beat you black and blue.” Viconia stated.

“Well…” Haer`Dalis cut in. “It is a rather romantic and tragic gesture. I appreciate it at least my Raven.”

“It is foolishness that is what it is.” Jaheira said in a low voice.

“As is all romance and tragedy.” The bard responded.

“Personally I am still reeling from the entire goddess appearing thing.” Imoen balanced her chair. “And the fact the Groder did something that wasn’t totally selfish. Still…” She went on. “It seems like older women have a thing for Groder.”

At that point the legs of the chair mysteriously snapped and Imoen tumbled to the floor with a yell.

“Apparently she doesn’t like being called old…” Nalia piped up as Imoen got back up.

Haer`Dalis began laughing at this and soon they all laughed at the absurdity of it all.

#2 Guest_Tenfoot_*

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Viconia knew they were followed again, they had been since they entered Ust Natha after all but she saw no need to alarm her other companions. To her this was natural and the Drow realised that they might not react well to the news. Viconia glanced at her three companions, Jaheira had a slightly tense look on her face, the druid was masking her movements well but Viconia noticed that the half-elf was ready to leap into action at a moments notice. Imoen and Nalia looked less tense but Viconia though that their eyes saw more then they let on, they were both trained thieves after all. So far everything was good, open paranoia was worse here then concealed paranoia.

This is a really engaging opening, and you do a good job of describing drow life through the character's reactions.

“Don’t remind me, they will start to stink at any moment.” Imoen responded with a slight smile.

:shock: This made me laugh. Poor Imoen. And it's the first time I've seen the odour of tan adventurer discussed. When does the PC ever bathe?

This whole exchange made me laugh as well - it's a brilliant interaction - but you might want to rethink the last line. "Cried Silently" seems a little contradictive to me.

Yeah, I bet!

They sat around table in the common room and ate and discussed the day’s activities as day turned to evening. There was a notable change in the air in the rooms, the shadows seemed to grow thicker and the lights grew dimmer.

The air on the table started to wobble and bleed darkness. Soon enough a beautiful Drow female sat on the table, twirling a wicked looking dagger between her fingers. There was a black ribbon tied around the dagger.

“Weird Drow on the table.” Imoen shouted and scooted away still sitting in her chair.

:twisted: An eerie sequence, and one I wasn't expecting after her appearance last chapter!

At that point the legs of the chair mysteriously snapped and Imoen tumbled to the floor with a yell.

“Apparently she doesn’t like being called old…” Nalia piped up as Imoen got back up.

Haer`Dalis began laughing at this and soon they all laughed at the absurdity of it all.

Laughing is pretty much the only reasonable reaction, isn't it? :shock: An almost peaceful ending before the action next chapter, I guess... I'm looking forward to it! :shock:

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

The round platform that held the market and beyond it the entrance to the city looked much the same that it had the previous day. Drow pushed back and forth, the sellers hawked their wares and argued about prices. Several stands sold both drinks and food. Moving through the crowds, the four women stopped ever so often to browse. They past stalls selling clothes, jewellery, books, scrolls, weapons and armour and even a few that sold small statues and furniture. The market was almost surrounded by the raised circular platforms that held tables and chairs. Jaheira scolwed as they past by several slave traders and their platforms and Viconia made sure they past by them quickly.

I like that you included the slave traders alongside the other vendors.

As the four was about to start looking for stalls that sold weapons Imoen halted in front of one of the clothing stalls. A beautiful and finely manicured Drow woman stood before lines and lines of spider silk wrought dresses and undergarments. Imoen stared breathlessly at the almost transparent garments and then a mischievous smile spread on her lips. The others had stopped as well and Viconia briefly touched one of the dresses.

Oh dear.

:twisted:

“Yes, Maybe I should find a nice surface male and settle down.” Viconia answered a slight smile on her face. “Or maybe a female…” The Drow looked thoughtful tapping a finger on her cheek.

“What are you two looking so gloomy about?” Imoen demanded as she bounced up to them. Nalia followed Imoen and desperately tried to shoo away her masseuse.

“We are not… gloomy as you say.” Viconia teased. “We are talking about our future marriage.”

I so love your Jaheira and Viconia together!

“I thought I’d wear clothes this time.” She said and smiled as if she shared some secret joke with Groder. She extended the dagger towards the youth. The daggers handle resembled a spider and when Groder took it the legs closed around his hand. He raised an eyebrow at the ribbon.

“This is my weapon.” The goddess said. “Hopefully you will be able to put it to good use, not here mind you. Might make some people jealous if they saw it.” Then Lloth turned back to the now rather nervous looking part and locked eyes with Viconia.

Ugh, so now he's going to have to carry that thing around for a while.

“Would you like to explain why Lloth herself just appeared to give you that?” Jaheira asked with a strained voice after the shock of seeing the spider queen herself appear in their room abated.

I imagine it's a 'this is what going mad feels like' kind of voice :shock:

#4 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:14 AM

Not much actually happening here either I am afraid… Hot Drow on Beholder action coming up in the next chapter!

You mean that there is a visit from Lloth herself, and you are planning to top this? :shock:

So far everything was good, open paranoia was worse here then concealed paranoia.

Hmm? But open paranoia can mean that you have no skill in concealing your paranoia... Just kidding. :P Love the description. You are building a very detailed picture of Ust Natha, between this chapter and that...

“Can we take a look at the market?” Imoen said suddenly. “I kind of need clothes, weapons and lots of other stuff.” Then she seemed to remember something. “We have gold right?”

Shopping!

Aww, poor Imoen. But at least her hair was Perfectly Pink after the imprisonment! And still remains so! (Honestly, perhaps the other gals should suggest to her that pink hair + red eyes = uh-uh. Nope. Not if she wants to get her hot drow male...)

“You could have told me about the stinky clothes before I tried to talk to Solaufein…” The pink haired mage grumbled.

“Hmm… Imoen, I will need to talk to you about that.” Viconia said as they began approaching the busy marketplace.

:shock: I'm stuck halfway between horror and eager expectation. Is she going to tell Imoen that Imoen can simply order Sola-- Uh. Mind stops right now.

Ah. That Jaheira. Can't stop her scowling... Another cool description. Are the small statues petrified halflings? :twisted:

I'm immediately jealous. :evil: :lol:

YES! Honestly, Jaheira... You just know that this will be the Lingerie of Doom, or that it will be a Critical Quest Item...

(:looks around:) It won't? :shock:

:lol:

Imoen bent her legs up and her toes curled as the masseuse hit another weak spot.

Much as I like this sentence... Masseur. A masseuse is female by definition.

“Ihh…” The young mage squealed and then half yelled to Viconia. “Viconia can we keep these guys?”

Nalia on the other hand was doing her best not to look at the naked male Drow that was currently massaging her lower back.

The two of them are bound to break the drow cover any minute, with un-drow behaviour like that...

Aww. A very, very wonderful scene... And I'm especially loving how each of the ladies' personalities shines through it. :)

Really, recently, since Spellhold - or even since that Jaheira/Viconia scene in Brynnlaw: that one which reminded me of cowgirls? - anyway, since then, I'm loving this story more and more for the ladies...

That's why... Can Haer'Dalis get a part of a chapter of his own? Please?

(I'm just hoping that you're not about to kill him off, what with how pushed to the background he's been recently!)

Precisely!

“Eh well…” Groder shrank a bit before the two women’s furious gazes. “We kind of talked and…eh… made a deal. If I kill a certain bhaalspawn Drow whom there is a great chance that we should encounter in the future… ” He motioned lamely to the dagger. “She would eh… wipe Viconia`s slate clean as it was…”

As usual, the comedy of Groder and his two mothers is priceless!

The correct attitude, methinks!

#5 Guest_CrazeeFfan_*

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

Should I be worried or afraid?

The four women walked closely together as they moved down the walkways of the Drow city. Viconia knew they were followed again, they had been since they entered Ust Natha after all but she saw no need to alarm her other companions. To her this was natural and the Drow realised that they might not react well to the news. Viconia glanced at her three companions, Jaheira had a slightly tense look on her face, the druid was masking her movements well but Viconia noticed that the half-elf was ready to leap into action at a moments notice. Imoen and Nalia looked less tense but Viconia though that their eyes saw more then they let on, they were both trained thieves after all. So far everything was good, open paranoia was worse here then concealed paranoia. The cleric glanced at the stalactite whose ring of light told the time. She sighed, it was sometime before noon, they had slept in apparently.

1) I like that beginning very much

2) Once again, I love that time-telling rock! :wink:

I'm sure they're not judging you. None of them had their soul ripped from them.

Immy, we love you, but it's probably for the best. Leaving you alone with a drow could be disasterous...

I'm sure I've told you before, but you excel at this kind of description. It really shows you think about the story and all its little details.

I loved Imoen's reaction!

Shouldn't Nalia say that 500 beggars could be satisfied with that money?

:oops: Well, that's reason enough!

“I am not really used to crossbows.” The pink haired mage sighed fastened her newly bought weapon to her belt.

Agreed. Plus, Immy and Bows go together like Groder and Slayer.

Fun fun fun!

Nalia on the other hand was doing her best not to look at the naked male Drow that was currently massaging her lower back. Viconia and Jaheira sat wrapped in silken robes and half sunken into plush chairs, feet propped on small footstools. Filled goblets rested on a table between them. A Drow woman in multicoloured robes had bustled to and from them, inquiring if they needed anything. Viconia had chased her away in the end.

Cruel as they may be, Drow know how to relax ... except the whole gladiator rings...

”In the end with age came the responsibilities as a female of a noble house. I was to take part in sacrifices to Lloth, I will not deny that I let much blood flow in the name of the spider queen; I have pulled still beating hearts from the chests of victims.” She sighed again. “There was one time; the sacrifice to be was a surfacer babe but months from the womb.” Jaheira`s face twitched a little but she said nothing. “I hesitated, it seemed so senseless and one of my younger sisters acted upon it.” Viconia continued. “I would have been the next to die if not for my poor foolish brother. He killed my sister and my mother. And I fled, leaving my home and my brother behind.” She finished

:oops: Poor, poor Viccy...

*looks pointedly at Jaheira* Hmm...

Hours later they met up with Groder at the Inn were they found the youth and Solaufein sending ill concealed death glares at the returned Haer`Dalis and another slender Drow male with several ruby earrings in his ears. Haer`Dalis and the earring wearing Drow were both smiling and talking.

Sounds like Groder's having a ball!

An understatement, to say the least.

“Ruzun.” He quietly introduced himself to them. “An honour and pleasure to meet the saviours of our first daughter.”

Manners! In the Underdark? They myust have commanded quite a lot of respect!

Groder and Solaufein were about to protest and then realized the fact that both of them were and stopped, glaring at each other instead.

:D

:evil: Gotta love Immy!

Time already?

“Nothing ventured, nothing gained.” He said as he twirled the dagger. “It is a rather large service that is being provided so let me have a little faith in Lloth.”

The adventurer's creed!

“Well…” Haer`Dalis cut in. “It is a rather romantic and tragic gesture. I appreciate it at least my Raven.”

Bless.. Gotta love Haer'Dalis too!

“Personally I am still reeling from the entire goddess appearing thing.” Imoen balanced her chair. “And the fact the Groder did something that wasn’t totally selfish. Still…” She went on. “It seems like older women have a thing for Groder.”

:lol: It warms my heart to see Groder acting not-completely-and-utterly-selfishly!

She should be thankful she didn't send, oh, I don't know, one thousand fanatics to flay her alive! I wouldn't put it past Lloth...

Nice to see some laughter for once.

I liked this chapter - all party interaction and seting up for other chaspters. It was night, and Ican't wait for the next one.

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

Viconia knew they were followed again, they had been since they entered Ust Natha after all but she saw no need to alarm her other companions. To her this was natural and the Drow realised that they might not react well to the news. Viconia glanced at her three companions, Jaheira had a slightly tense look on her face, the druid was masking her movements well but Viconia noticed that the half-elf was ready to leap into action at a moments notice. Imoen and Nalia looked less tense but Viconia though that their eyes saw more then they let on, they were both trained thieves after all. So far everything was good, open paranoia was worse here then concealed paranoia.

This is a really engaging opening, and you do a good job of describing drow life through the character's reactions.

Thank you.

:oops: This made me laugh. Poor Imoen. And it's the first time I've seen the odour of tan adventurer discussed. When does the PC ever bathe?

Heh... I guess adventurers would smell pretty bad with all the dungeon crwaling and stuff.

This whole exchange made me laugh as well - it's a brilliant interaction - but you might want to rethink the last line. "Cried Silently" seems a little contradictive to me.

I`ll take a look at it!

Yeah, I bet!

Of course she is!

They sat around table in the common room and ate and discussed the day’s activities as day turned to evening. There was a notable change in the air in the rooms, the shadows seemed to grow thicker and the lights grew dimmer.

:oops: An eerie sequence, and one I wasn't expecting after her appearance last chapter!

Thank you, I needed her to drop of the dagger.

Laughing is pretty much the only reasonable reaction, isn't it? :D An almost peaceful ending before the action next chapter, I guess... I'm looking forward to it! :wink:

Lauging at the absurd is always good eh? Hopefully the beholder fight works out well.

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

I like that you included the slave traders alongside the other vendors.

Thank you, they were a last minute additon actually.

Oh dear.

Hmm?

:oops:

*bows*

I so love your Jaheira and Viconia together!

Thank you, I hope they don`t seem too off.

Ugh, so now he's going to have to carry that thing around for a while.

Yep, He won`t mind much though. Unless Lloth will use it to communicate with him. :D

I imagine it's a 'this is what going mad feels like' kind of voice :wink:

Yes, that or "I am on the verge of a having a fit of rage on you". :oops:

#8 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

You mean that there is a visit from Lloth herself, and you are planning to top this? :D

Eh?

So far everything was good, open paranoia was worse here then concealed paranoia.

Hmm? But open paranoia can mean that you have no skill in concealing your paranoia... Just kidding. :P Love the description. You are building a very detailed picture of Ust Natha, between this chapter and that...

Ah, Thank you.

Shopping!

Yes! :)

Aww, poor Imoen. But at least her hair was Perfectly Pink after the imprisonment! And still remains so! (Honestly, perhaps the other gals should suggest to her that pink hair + red eyes = uh-uh. Nope. Not if she wants to get her hot drow male...)

She used one of those magical hair coloring potions. :)

Viconia will have a little talk with Imoen later about all sorts of things.

:oops: I'm stuck halfway between horror and eager expectation. Is she going to tell Imoen that Imoen can simply order Sola-- Uh. Mind stops right now.

Hmm... She probably can do that can`t she? We shall see... :)

Ah. That Jaheira. Can't stop her scowling... Another cool description. Are the small statues petrified halflings? :oops:

Thank you. I think the Drow would prefer handsculpted statues instead of stone halflings. I guess they would make neat garden gnomes and then other Drow would steal them.

I'm immediately jealous. :evil: :lol:

Heh... Gotta remember that Elves are smaller then us humans.

YES! Honestly, Jaheira... You just know that this will be the Lingerie of Doom, or that it will be a Critical Quest Item...

(:looks around:) It won't? :wink:

It is a critical quest item in Imoens sidequest to overpower Sola.

:)

Much as I like this sentence... Masseur. A masseuse is female by definition.

Ah, yes. I`ll get onto that.

Nalia on the other hand was doing her best not to look at the naked male Drow that was currently massaging her lower back.

The two of them are bound to break the drow cover any minute, with un-drow behaviour like that...

They will have to hope that the males a cowed enough not to talk.

Aww. A very, very wonderful scene... And I'm especially loving how each of the ladies' personalities shines through it. :D

Ah, Thank you. This was one of those scenes I worried about.

Really, recently, since Spellhold - or even since that Jaheira/Viconia scene in Brynnlaw: that one which reminded me of cowgirls? - anyway, since then, I'm loving this story more and more for the ladies...

Ah, Thank you.

That's why... Can Haer'Dalis get a part of a chapter of his own? Please?

That will be arranged soon enough.

(I'm just hoping that you're not about to kill him off, what with how pushed to the background he's been recently!)

Ah, he has been floting around out there recently but he shall live.

Precisely!

Lloth on center stage!

*bows*

:(

Stammering explanations, the best kind!

As usual, the comedy of Groder and his two mothers is priceless!

Oh yes. :D

The correct attitude, methinks!

*nods* Indeed.

#9 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

Should I be worried or afraid?

Well, If I somehow turn it into erotica then you should be afraid.

1) I like that beginning very much

2) Once again, I love that time-telling rock! :)

Thank you.

I'm sure they're not judging you. None of them had their soul ripped from them.

Heh, that is no excuse for bad hygiene!

Immy, we love you, but it's probably for the best. Leaving you alone with a drow could be disasterous...

Well, Sola is a part of the Lady Silverhair brigade so with him it is probably cool but anyone else not so much.

I'm sure I've told you before, but you excel at this kind of description. It really shows you think about the story and all its little details.

Thank you.

I loved Imoen's reaction!

Heh, it gave her such a great idea!

Shouldn't Nalia say that 500 beggars could be satisfied with that money?

Heh, Not down there... (I probablt should work on that though)

:oops: Well, that's reason enough!

Well sure! :)

Agreed. Plus, Immy and Bows go together like Groder and Slayer.

Unfortunatly, bows doesn`t seem very popular in the Underdark

Fun fun fun!

Yep! :oops:

Cruel as they may be, Drow know how to relax ... except the whole gladiator rings...

Ah yes... We will be seeing the inside of those as well.

:lol: Poor, poor Viccy...

Her history is not a kind one no.

*looks pointedly at Jaheira* Hmm...

Jaheira: She is jesting! Jesting I tell you!

Sounds like Groder's having a ball!

Heh, all his favourite people in one place!

An understatement, to say the least.

Most likley that!

Manners! In the Underdark? They myust have commanded quite a lot of respect!

Saving the first daughter of the first house would most likely command truck loads of it. :wink:

*bows* They are horrified at bulilding rapport.

:) Gotta love Immy!

:evil:

Time already?

Well, she has stuff to drop off... good thing I ditched the UPS uniform...

The adventurer's creed!

And it has led so many of them into pointy situation.

Bless.. Gotta love Haer'Dalis too!

:) It warms my heart to see Groder acting not-completely-and-utterly-selfishly!

Well, It does serve him in the end or so he would like to think.

She should be thankful she didn't send, oh, I don't know, one thousand fanatics to flay her alive! I wouldn't put it past Lloth...

That would be a little counter productive since she wants whats-her-face dead.

Nice to see some laughter for once.

I liked this chapter - all party interaction and seting up for other chaspters. It was night, and Ican't wait for the next one.

Thank you. Fighting coming up in the next chapter.

#10 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

You mean that there is a visit from Lloth herself, and you are planning to top this? :oops:

Eh?

I mean. A goddess has just visited this story. Not just any goddess. Lloth herself. Just how is any action supposed to top it? :evil:

:D I'm stuck halfway between horror and eager expectation. Is she going to tell Imoen that Imoen can simply order Sola-- Uh. Mind stops right now.

Actually, minor correction. Right now that they are newcomers, probably not... Once they have the favour of Matron Despana herself, though... :oops:

I'm immediately jealous. :lol: :)

You mean the Adalon drow illusion doesn't cover clothes sizes? :)

:) I want a mod!

#11 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

You mean that there is a visit from Lloth herself, and you are planning to top this? :oops:

Eh?

I mean. A goddess has just visited this story. Not just any goddess. Lloth herself. Just how is any action supposed to top it? :evil:

Maybe Cyric when we get to TOB... :)

:D I'm stuck halfway between horror and eager expectation. Is she going to tell Imoen that Imoen can simply order Sola-- Uh. Mind stops right now.

Actually, minor correction. Right now that they are newcomers, probably not... Once they have the favour of Matron Despana herself, though... :oops:

He he... maybe...

I'm immediately jealous. :lol: :)

You mean the Adalon drow illusion doesn't cover clothes sizes? :)

No illusion is perfect! :)

:) I want a mod!

Alas I can not program myself out of a wet paper bag. :)

#12 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

So that is where Solaufein’s tastes are…

Do you want an honest answer or a vaguely evasive answer? :twisted:

Yes, you see, he and the beholder are kind of…

“I’ll take these.” She said and held up the pairs of blue pants. “The leather ones almost killed me, too tight.” Imoen whispered to her companions.

I think that was the point of leather pants.

Uh. Oh. She is plotting seduction!

Nope. That’s just silly. :twisted:

“Well, I suppose I ought to get some practice in.” Imoen fiddled with the crossbow until Viconia reminded her that it was loaded.

The principle is not too dissimilar, so she should be able to master them quickly enough.

Ah, poshness and luxury. Clear sign of Evil. No wonder I love it so.

“I had a brother once…” Viconia began silently. “Valas was his name. Understand that the surface notion of a brother or sister does not exist here. Valas was… different, he would look out for me; entertain me when we were younger. As we grew older we also grew more distant from each other, he would still set loose some trap in corridors that would make one of my sisters hair stand on end or similar things. Viconia smiled a distantly and smiled then she carried on.

Oh my, they’re getting on with the romance dialogues now!

“I…” Jaheira began looking Viconia in the eyes. “Understand it may have been difficult for you to tell me this and…” The half-elf looked unsure of herself for a moment.

Hug her! Go on! Just Do It! :shock:

Whoa… things are really moving on fast! :cry:

Oh… he’s like Haer’s long forgotten Drow cousin.

Must be some weird Underdark custom, that.

Wonder if only the party were able to see her, or the entire inn… because then I am sure many people would start asking lots and lots of uncomfortable questions.

“She claimed she would free me if you were to kill this other bhaalspawn whom we might and I stress might meet?” The Drow ground out.

…I guess he only meant well. :shock:

*gives Imoen a shovel* Dig your own grave, will you.

Uh. Yes. Quite fitting.

#13 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:02 AM

So that is where Solaufein’s tastes are…

Do you want an honest answer or a vaguely evasive answer? :shock:

Imoen: Can I have both?

Yes, you see, he and the beholder are kind of…

:(

He is never going to live this down eh?

I think that was the point of leather pants.

Imoen: I know but I don`t want to be a good looking corpse just yet.

Uh. Oh. She is plotting seduction!

She wants to be dressed for success!

Nope. That’s just silly. :shock:

It is which is why they will do it!

The principle is not too dissimilar, so she should be able to master them quickly enough.

Yep and since they are of the smaller variety there is no risk of flaying her arms.

Ah, poshness and luxury. Clear sign of Evil. No wonder I love it so.

Well, some kinds of evil anyways. A lot of evil seem to like crappy places underground.

Oh my, they’re getting on with the romance dialogues now!

Oh yes... things are going to... heat up... :cry:

Hug her! Go on! Just Do It! :lol:

Aww... I should have gone for the hug. Why didn`t I?

Whoa… things are really moving on fast! :D

Oh… he’s like Haer’s long forgotten Drow cousin.

I wonder if they are related? I will atempt to make Ruzun less of a drama queen then. :)

Must be some weird Underdark custom, that.

Or Lloth can just get away with doing ehat ever she wants. Nobody is going to call her on anything. :)

Wonder if only the party were able to see her, or the entire inn… because then I am sure many people would start asking lots and lots of uncomfortable questions.

I did mention that they are back in thier own room right? Right?

…I guess he only meant well. :)

Yeah, that is what makes it dangerous. :)

*gives Imoen a shovel* Dig your own grave, will you.

Lloth: I am not old! Dieeee!

Uh. Yes. Quite fitting.

Yep. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com