Ember's Tale 74: Out of the Frying Pan

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Chapter 74: Out of the Frying Pan

There had been a half dozen mephits in the chamber. They were all dead.

So were the extra nine or so mephits that had materialized under a small metal cage thing in the middle of the room before Minsc had managed to smash it. The portal had been a very nasty surprise, but then again, this entire place was one big nasty surprise after another.

Imoen only wished she could have done more.

If she'd had her wands and spellbook, she could have blasted the entire room with fire and lightning and then blown up the surviving mephits with blasts of cold. As it was, she had used one of her few scrolls - a fireball one - to kill a couple of the mephits and hurt a couple more, and then she'd spent the rest of the fight firing arrows from the doorway while Ember and Minsc and Yoshimo had fought the ugly things up close.

"If only I had my spellbook," she grumbled out loud.

"Hey, it wasn't that bad," Ember said, smiling a little with her mouth but not with her eyes as she uncorked a healing potion. There was a large burn on her left arm. "Besides, it's done now."

But we aren't done yet. Not by far.

"Boo is tired of mephits," Minsc announced. "They make his fur stand on end. Little Yoshimo, will there be more?"

"Not that I know of, my large friend," Yoshimo said, wiping ichor off his katana with a scrap of cloth, "but then again, I have only seen this chamber and the next. Still, one can be hopeful, can one not?"

Minsc grinned. "Boo likes the way you think!"

The floor shook with a distant explosion. Imoen couldn't tell where it came from. She didn't like it.

"We should get moving," Ember said. She looked worried.

Yoshimo nodded. "Follow me. There were no creatures in the next chamber when I was there, but I must warn you: it is not a pleasant place," he said.

He was right.

For the most part, there was nothing really wrong with the room. A well-stacked bookshelf stood in one corner, next to a shelf full of potions and powders. There were several workbenches in the room, each holding its own pile of equipment. It looked just like the kind of wizard's study you could see anywhere, except for the dead man that lay splayed across one of the workbenches. He was cut open, and most of his innards had been scooped out.

"Boo is too young for all this!" Minsc gasped, clutching the hamster to his chest.

"I was imprisoned in there," Yoshimo said quietly, pointing at a half-open door that led to a small, empty room. "They had taken my katana and other belongings, but fortunately, they did not find the spare lockpick in my boot. I escaped and reclaimed my possessions from one of these tables. Then, I noticed ...him." He winced.

"Maybe you were to be next," Ember muttered.

Yoshimo smiled weakly. "Who can say?"

Imoen couldn't take her eyes off the body. "At least he didn't suffer," she whispered to herself. She remembered it now; their captor - Irenicus - had taken her to this room, and the man had been on the table, already dead. Then, he'd made her watch as he cut the body open. He'd cut and ask 'Do you see?', cut and ask again, but she didn't see and she didn't understand and she didn't know what he wanted. Why had he shown her this poor man? Why had he made her watch as he reduced the man to a pile of wobbly red pieces of meat? Why couldn't she stop thinking about it?

A loud crash somewhere nearby shook her out of her unpleasant reverie. It wasn't an explosion; it sounded more like glass shattering.

"What was that?!" Ember asked. A second crash answered her.

"It sounds like it's in the next room," Imoen said. "I'll go look." A nervous knot blossomed in her belly as she tiptoed past the disemboweled man and down a narrow corridor. There was a third crash. For a moment, she wanted to turn back and just wait in the nightmarish study. But we have to get past it, no matter what, she reminded herself. Better to find out as soon as possible.

The sounds were coming from a doorway ahead and to Imoen's left. Moving as stealthily as she could, she approached the doorway and looked into the room.

Ten large glass jars, a lot like the ones they'd seen earlier, were lined up along the walls. Four of them were broken, and a thing that looked like a controller was broken, too. A dead man lay in a large puddle of milky fluid on the floor; from the look of it, he'd been shoved into one of the shattered jars. A naked elf woman stood over him, clumsily holding the hilt of a broken sword - had she taken it from him, perhaps? She was so very pale, and it looked like she was drenched in the fluid; her golden hair hung in slimy strands that clung to her shoulders. Her eyes were very dark and looked glazed.

"Not her. Not her!" the woman cried, and hit another of the jars with the sword hilt. It shattered with yet another loud crash, spraying her and the dead man and the room with a fresh layer of the nasty fluid.

She's mad! Imoen carefully backed away from the door and beckoned to the others to come, then peered into the room again just in time to see the woman smash the seventh jar.

This time, the woman noticed her. "No more!" she screamed, and brought the hilt down on the surface of the eighth jar. Her hands were bleeding. "I am not her! I am not! We are not!"

"Who... who are you then?" Yoshimo asked, coming up behind Imoen. "Is there anything we can do for you?"

The ninth jar exploded in a shower of glass shards. The woman glared at Yoshimo. "Do for me? Do for me?!"

"Perhaps if you calm yourself," Ember said, "we could help--"

The woman smashed the last of the jars. "Never again!" she laughed. "No more death to rise again not her!" Then, she plunged the broken stump of the blade into her own neck.

Nobody said anything.

"What... what is this madness?" Yoshimo finally asked, sounding very shaken.

"Look at the jars," Ember whispered.

Other women were floating in the remains of the jars. They almost looked like they were sleeping, but they were all dead, and they all looked just like the crazy woman.

"They're all copies," Imoen stammered. A horrible thought occured to her. "They're copies of her, the woman he loved, aren't they?"

"I think so. I can't see who else they could be," Ember said quietly.

Imoen stepped away from the doorway. It was too much. "Let's just get out of here," she groaned.

Another distant explosion made the ground tremble. Tiny waves ran across the red-streaked fluid on the floor.

---

The next stretch of corridor was very long, very plain, and blissfully empty. There were traps here and there, but Imoen spotted them easily, and Yoshimo helped her disarm them. The four of them talked as they walked. Yoshimo thought they might be in or near Athkatla, and told them about the city. It felt strange, talking about normal places and things, but it was comforting, too; together with the the bland non-creepiness of the tunnels they were walking through, it almost made Imoen feel like herself again.

It'd been spring in Athkatla when Yoshimo was whisked away. The news had come as a shock even though it shouldn't have; after all, Minsc couldn't have grown that hair and beard in a week. There was her own hair as well, which was constantly getting in her eyes, and Ember's hair, which had grown well past her shoulders. It just was easier to ignore what that meant, I suppose, Imoen mused as they crossed a narrow walkway that spanned a giant sewer pipe. She didn't like the thought of having lost an entire season, not even winter, which was her least favourite.

She reached up and touched the gap in her eyebrow where it'd been cut. They'd all changed so much, hadn't they? Scars both inside and out, little white lines that didn't really tell the truth about themselves. Minsc looked at every shadow with suspicion; he'd never been so jumpy before. Ember kept herself busy with trying to find the way out, but whenever they slowed down for a moment, Imoen noticed a kind of lost look in her friend's eyes. Did her own eyes look like that, too?

She shook her head. This wasn't what she wanted to think about.

"Being caught unaware like that... it's quite embarrassing," she heard Yoshimo tell Ember. "My profession does not leave itself open to those who are not wary."

"And what is your profession?" Ember asked.

"As I told you, I am Yoshimo!" Yoshimo said with a grin. "If you need it, I will find it. If you want it, I will obtain it. None in Athkatla are stealthier, more dashing, or share my skill with a blade. I can dance on the head of a pin, as well!"

Ember giggled, as did Imoen. It felt very good. A smile crept across Imoen's face and stayed there as she listened to Yoshimo talk about how he'd come from the distant Kara-Tur, bravely seeking his fortune.

---

The not so distant explosion made dust and bits of plaster fall from the ceiling and made Imoen's heart try to jump out of her throat.

"We're getting closer," Ember muttered beside her.

But to what? Imoen wondered. They'd already passed places where there were little craters in the floor and scorch marks on the walls and ceiling, and they'd seen at least a dozen dead men with masks. Irenicus had to have been here, and not too long ago, either.

There was a white light ahead of them in the middle of a pile of rubble.

"What's that light?" she asked just as another explosion shook the corridor they were in. Large chunks fell away from the pile of rubble, and they were suddenly flooded with light. Imoen's eyes flooded with water as she squinted against the blinding whiteness.

Minsc roared with joy. "Look, little witches! It is daylight!"

It's so bright! Laughing, Imoen ran towards the hole in the wall with her friends, squinting and wiping her eyes. Oh, it's wonderful! They were almost at the opening...

"Wait," Yoshimo said quietly, and held her back by her arm.

Imoen blinked confusedly. "But-"

"Look."

Blinking and squinting a bit more, she could make out several figures standing outside the opening. They were throwing spells and shouting at each other. The closest of them stood just outside, with his back facing them. Her blood ran cold.

"It's him," Ember muttered.

Imoen reached for her bundle of spellscrolls. She was not going to let him hurt them again!

Irenicus turned halfway towards them. "So, you have escaped," he said in that horrible cold indifferent voice of his. "You are more resourceful than I thought."

"You're not going to torture us any longer," Imoen growled.

"Torture? Silly girl, you just don't understand what I'm doing, do you?" He turned to cast a spell at someone else outside.

"I don't care what you're doing!" Imoen shouted, and started reading the spell from the scroll she'd picked. A jet of flames shot from her hands and straight towards Irenicus's back.

He didn't as much as flinch. "Enough," he said, and casually flung a cluster of magic missiles at Imoen. They hit her chest, one after another, and knocked her to the ground. For a moment, she couldn't breathe. Ember screamed. Minsc roared. Others were shouting. Why was everyone shouting? Air. Air!

She drew a deep, painful breath.

"You will cease your spellcasting and come with us!" someone shouted.

"You bore me, mageling," Irenicus said. "You may take me in, but you will take the girl as well!"

Girl? What girl?

Ember shouted at someone. Unfamiliar hands grabbed Imoen by the arms and picked her up.

"Wait! No!"

They didn't listen.

A dimension door opened up in front of her and swallowed her whole.

#2 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

If she'd had her wands and spellbook, she could have blasted the entire room with fire and lightning and then blown up the surviving mephits with blasts of cold.

And then discovered that the portal was still intact. :lol:

I'm wondering if a pre-Irenicus Imoen would have had such thoughts (if in a similar position), or if they are a bit influenced by Daddy stirred up by the Evil Wizard.

"Not that I know of, my large friend," Yoshimo said, wiping ichor off his katana with a scrap of cloth, "but then again, I have only seen this chamber and the next. Still, one can be hopeful, can one not?"

Oh. I love your Yoshimo. Did I tell you I love your Yoshimo? I think I did, but I'll repeat it, just to be on the safe side. I love your Yoshimo. Your Yoshimo is a great character after those ten or fifteen lines of him I have read.

And Minsc likes him already, too. :D

Why had he made her watch as he reduced the man to a pile of wobbly red pieces of meat? Why couldn't she stop thinking about it?

It's great how the last question answers all the previous ones.

Another distant explosion made the ground tremble. Tiny waves ran across the red-streaked fluid on the floor.

I'm snipping it here, but the whole scene with the clone was brilliant. Great, vivid imagery!

She reached up and touched the gap in her eyebrow where it'd been cut. They'd all changed so much, hadn't they? Scars both inside and out, little white lines that didn't really tell the truth about themselves. Minsc looked at every shadow with suspicion; he'd never been so jumpy before. Ember kept herself busy with trying to find the way out, but whenever they slowed down for a moment, Imoen noticed a kind of lost look in her friend's eyes. Did her own eyes look like that, too?

Ah. A precious look at Ember through Imoen's eyes. It's... I'm really curious how they will see each other in Spellhold.

I love the sentence about the scars. So true.

"As I told you, I am Yoshimo!" Yoshimo said with a grin. "If you need it, I will find it. If you want it, I will obtain it. None in Athkatla are stealthier, more dashing, or share my skill with a blade. I can dance on the head of a pin, as well!"

:)

The Yoshimo. Feared by all? (Please?)

"What's that light?" she asked just as another explosion shook the corridor they were in. Large chunks fell away from the pile of rubble, and they were suddenly flooded with light. Imoen's eyes flooded with water as she squinted against the blinding whiteness.

It's so bright! Laughing, Imoen ran towards the hole in the wall with her friends, squinting and wiping her eyes. Oh, it's wonderful! They were almost at the opening...

:D

"I don't care what you're doing!" Imoen shouted, and started reading the spell from the scroll she'd picked. A jet of flames shot from her hands and straight towards Irenicus's back.

He didn't as much as flinch. "Enough," he said, and casually flung a cluster of magic missiles at Imoen. They hit her chest, one after another, and knocked her to the ground. For a moment, she couldn't breathe. Ember screamed. Minsc roared. Others were shouting. Why was everyone shouting? Air. Air!

Ember shouted at someone. Unfamiliar hands grabbed Imoen by the arms and picked her up.

"Wait! No!"

They didn't listen.

:lol:

That said, the scene was, again, simply elegant and elegant in its simplicity... I'm glad you managed to find something interesting in this chapter, after all. :D

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

If she'd had her wands and spellbook, she could have blasted the entire room with fire and lightning and then blown up the surviving mephits with blasts of cold.

And then discovered that the portal was still intact. :D

Well, as my penultimate draft meant to imply, it's easier handling what comes from the portal if there aren't another half dozen mephits there to bug you :)

I'm wondering if a pre-Irenicus Imoen would have had such thoughts (if in a similar position), or if they are a bit influenced by Daddy stirred up by the Evil Wizard.

She's definitely gone a bit more pyro by this point. And even now, she thinks she only wants to blow it all up because that'd be a Good Thing.

Oh. I love your Yoshimo. Did I tell you I love your Yoshimo? I think I did, but I'll repeat it, just to be on the safe side. I love your Yoshimo. Your Yoshimo is a great character after those ten or fifteen lines of him I have read.

That's good to hear, as I was worried about how I'd pull him off :D

And Minsc likes him already, too. :lol:

Well, it's still a while till he'll have a reason not to ;)

Why had he made her watch as he reduced the man to a pile of wobbly red pieces of meat? Why couldn't she stop thinking about it?

It's great how the last question answers all the previous ones.

I'm evil like that.

I'm snipping it here, but the whole scene with the clone was brilliant. Great, vivid imagery!

Ah. A precious look at Ember through Imoen's eyes. It's... I'm really curious how they will see each other in Spellhold.

I love the sentence about the scars. So true.

Absolutely; you can never look at a scar and be sure you know the circumstances behind it. (I have one that looks like I tried to kill myself; I got it by falling and scraping my wrist on a barb wire fence as a kid :( )

The Yoshimo. Feared by all? (Please?)

That's him! :(

;)

At least she got to be happy for one moment before being taken ;)

"Wait! No!"

They didn't listen.

That said, the scene was, again, simply elegant and elegant in its simplicity... I'm glad you managed to find something interesting in this chapter, after all. :D

Thank you, and so am I; I think I spent about 15 minutes writing the last segment of the story :lol: (And there was no way I was going to force my group to stand around and listen to Irenicus and the Cowlies as they postured :lol: )

#4 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

If she'd had her wands and spellbook, she could have blasted the entire room with fire and lightning and then blown up the surviving mephits with blasts of cold. As it was, she had used one of her few scrolls - a fireball one - to kill a couple of the mephits and hurt a couple more, and then she'd spent the rest of the fight firing arrows from the doorway while Ember and Minsc and Yoshimo had fought the ugly things up close.

"Hey, it wasn't that bad," Ember said, smiling a little with her mouth but not with her eyes as she uncorked a healing potion. There was a large burn on her left arm. "Besides, it's done now."

Good touch with her missing her spellbook. Makes sense that Irenicus did not leave them around when he nicked everything else.

"Boo is tired of mephits," Minsc announced. "They make his fur stand on end. Little Yoshimo, will there be more?"

Heh... Trust Minsc to unwittingly raise ones spirit.

The woman smashed the last of the jars. "Never again!" she laughed. "No more death to rise again not her!" Then, she plunged the broken stump of the blade into her own neck.

"They're all copies," Imoen stammered. A horrible thought occured to her. "They're copies of her, the woman he loved, aren't they?"

"I think so. I can't see who else they could be," Ember said quietly.

Imoen stepped away from the doorway. It was too much. "Let's just get out of here," she groaned.

A rather nasty place that.

Ember giggled, as did Imoen. It felt very good. A smile crept across Imoen's face and stayed there as she listened to Yoshimo talk about how he'd come from the distant Kara-Tur, bravely seeking his fortune.

"You will cease your spellcasting and come with us!" someone shouted.

"You bore me, mageling," Irenicus said. "You may take me in, but you will take the girl as well!"

Girl? What girl?

"Wait! No!"

They didn't listen.

A lot of nice scenes in this one. I did not miss the entire: We are more powerful then you, no your not, yes, no *zap zap zap*

#5 Guest_CrazeeFfan_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

Please, please, please tell me Minsc will be shaving off his hair soon. It pains the eyes to imagine it for some reason! :lol:

Without Khalid, the dead man scene wasn't quite as emotional as normal, but I think you did very well on the clone scene. I'd forgoteen that was there, to be honest. I always use the quickest route when I play. That dungeon drives me bonkers, I swear!

I've read so many BG2 stories, but it still always pains me to see Immy get taken away. Holder of the prosdigious title of "Crazee's favourite character", it's never easy seeing her whisked away for half of the BG2 story *sniff*

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter, especially if who'll you decide to party up with. With ol' Jaheira not in the mix, there's an extra slot open!

#6 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

Good touch with her missing her spellbook. Makes sense that Irenicus did not leave them around when he nicked everything else.

It's the second mention of her not having it, actually :) Both of them are without spells.

Heh... Trust Minsc to unwittingly raise ones spirit.

He's good at that :D

If you read all the possible dialogues, you get the impression that the clones have been remade several times, only to be killed for whatever reason (not being her? not having the desired effect? only Irenicus knows). It's one of the most horrific things in the dungeon, IMO :D

He wouldn't be quite as cheerful if he'd spent 4-5 months being tortured. Then again, I don't think the girls would want to trade places with him if they knew the truth :D

A lot of nice scenes in this one. I did not miss the entire: We are more powerful then you, no your not, yes, no *zap zap zap*

Thanks, and I doubt anyone misses that nuisance :D

#7 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

Please, please, please tell me Minsc will be shaving off his hair soon. It pains the eyes to imagine it for some reason! :lol:

Don't worry, he'll be himself again soon enough :)

Without Khalid, the dead man scene wasn't quite as emotional as normal, but I think you did very well on the clone scene. I'd forgoteen that was there, to be honest. I always use the quickest route when I play. That dungeon drives me bonkers, I swear!

Yeah, it was annoying to play through it again. There are many good reasons why I skipped more than half the content :D

I've read so many BG2 stories, but it still always pains me to see Immy get taken away. Holder of the prosdigious title of "Crazee's favourite character", it's never easy seeing her whisked away for half of the BG2 story *sniff*

Aw, but she'll be back, you know.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter, especially if who'll you decide to party up with. With ol' Jaheira not in the mix, there's an extra slot open!

Six is such an arbitrary number, you know? :D

#8 Guest_Keldan_*

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

I like your Yoshi. :) I tend to like most Yoshimos, of course, before they go Librarian Poo and try to kill everyone off.

Good scene with the clones, too! Very creepy. And poor Immy, of course... :lol: How long do you s'pose it'll take Ember to get her back?

#9 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

I like your Yoshi. :D I tend to like most Yoshimos, of course, before they go Librarian Poo and try to kill everyone off.

Yeah, he's one of my favourites. It's pretty hard to imagine him a traitor, really :)

Good scene with the clones, too! Very creepy. And poor Immy, of course... :lol: How long do you s'pose it'll take Ember to get her back?

A while, I suppose... after all, I haven't even figured out how to do the next chapter yet :D

#10 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

Still, even with the mephits, I like this room far more without the dead Khalid in it. :wink:

"I was imprisoned in there," Yoshimo said quietly, pointing at a half-open door that led to a small, empty room. "They had taken my katana and other belongings, but fortunately, they did not find the spare lockpick in my boot. I escaped and reclaimed my possessions from one of these tables. Then, I noticed ...him." He winced.

Heh, no, he wasn’t meant to be next. :P

Ten large glass jars, a lot like the ones they'd seen earlier, were lined up along the walls. Four of them were broken, and a thing that looked like a controller was broken, too. A dead man lay in a large puddle of milky fluid on the floor; from the look of it, he'd been shoved into one of the shattered jars. A naked elf woman stood over him, clumsily holding the hilt of a broken sword - had she taken it from him, perhaps? She was so very pale, and it looked like she was drenched in the fluid; her golden hair hung in slimy strands that clung to her shoulders. Her eyes were very dark and looked glazed.

Creepy, yes so sad. ;)

Other women were floating in the remains of the jars. They almost looked like they were sleeping, but they were all dead, and they all looked just like the crazy woman.

Jon-jon’s Ellie fixation was seriously scary, wasn’t it? :twisted:

It'd been spring in Athkatla when Yoshimo was whisked away. The news had come as a shock even though it shouldn't have; after all, Minsc couldn't have grown that hair and beard in a week. There was her own hair as well, which was constantly getting in her eyes, and Ember's hair, which had grown well past her shoulders. It just was easier to ignore what that meant, I suppose, Imoen mused as they crossed a narrow walkway that spanned a giant sewer pipe. She didn't like the thought of having lost an entire season, not even winter, which was her least favourite.

Eww winter. So something like 3-4 months in captivity, then?

I always wanted to make him to do that, really. :shock:

Poor girl, and in a few moments she’ll be locked away from the daylight again. :)

"Wait! No!"

They didn't listen.

I’ve never seen this from Imoen’s pov – it felt much more sad and powerful than from the protagonist’s pov. Well done! ;)

#11 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:12 PM

Still, even with the mephits, I like this room far more without the dead Khalid in it. ;)

It's a vast improvement to just have a random stranger in it, isn't it? If this hadn't been Imoen's point of view, there wouldn't really have been any angst beyond 'ew' in that room at all ;)

Heh, no, he wasn’t meant to be next. :)

Shh, don't blow his cover story!

Creepy, yes so sad. :P

And with no dead Khalid and screaming Jaheira, that room really gets to shine, so to speak :?

Jon-jon’s Ellie fixation was seriously scary, wasn’t it? :shock:

I think it's more scary that she did not understand what her punishment had done to him! :twisted:
(Incidentally, I watched 'Vertigo' last night for the first time ever. Very disturbing.)

Eww winter. So something like 3-4 months in captivity, then?

Probably closer to five :P

I always wanted to make him to do that, really. :wink:

Yeah. Now, if he really wanted to impress, he should dance on the tip of a pin :)

Poor girl, and in a few moments she’ll be locked away from the daylight again. :D

Yep :D

"Wait! No!"

They didn't listen.

I’ve never seen this from Imoen’s pov – it felt much more sad and powerful than from the protagonist’s pov. Well done! :)

Thanks, and you get to thank Ananke for the pov; she's the one who suggested it :P

#12 Guest_Jidor_*

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

Gotta say I really liked how you described the little changes in the character's behaviour, Minsc checking out the shadows and that.
Wovs of vengeance and cold determination rarely summon much of an effect, but that piece got me involved. ^^

#13 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

Gotta say I really liked how you described the little changes in the character's behaviour, Minsc checking out the shadows and that.
Wovs of vengeance and cold determination rarely summon much of an effect, but that piece got me involved. ^^

Thanks!

(Ember does the determination thing way too often for her own good, really :twisted: )

#14 Guest_BlueNose_*

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

Chapter 74: Out of the Frying Pan

There had been a half dozen mephits in the chamber. They were all dead.

So were the extra nine or so mephits that had materialized under a small metal cage thing in the middle of the room before Minsc had managed to smash it. The portal had been a very nasty surprise, but then again, this entire place was one big nasty surprise after another.

Lucky it's only one cage ;) It's pretty annoying with four, and the mephits are a pest especially the radiant ones. Last playthrough I had Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo and Charname on the ground at the same time.

[misogony]Concentrate on looking decorative, if you can manage that :twisted: :shock: [/misogony]

[grovel]Please don't fireball me[/grovel]

She hardly ever does more than that for me.

The floor shook with a distant explosion. Imoen couldn't tell where it came from. She didn't like it.

I don't like explosions either.

Perhaps. :wink:

That's chilling. Perfectly plausible too.

And that's wonderful imagery I should say I've always liked the visual images you use, among the best I've read.

He's such a wonderful rogue.

Beer. Beer!

Girl? What girl?

I don't know. The only girl around here is Ember, and she hasn't been casting spells.

#15 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Lucky it's only one cage :) It's pretty annoying with four, and the mephits are a pest especially the radiant ones. Last playthrough I had Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo and Charname on the ground at the same time.

Ouch. I tend to not notice when people get knocked out, really. That, or my characters are good at their saves. And I didn't see the point in cramming four cages and a surgery table and a roomful of clones into the same room as the mephits :lol:

[misogony]Concentrate on looking decorative, if you can manage that :shock: :roll: [/misogony]

[grovel]Please don't fireball me[/grovel]

You're lucky she already used up that scroll :twisted:

She hardly ever does more than that for me.

I'll have you know that Imoens are not to be underestimated.

I don't like explosions either.

Not even earth-shattering kabooms?

Perhaps. :)

Perhaps not :D

That's chilling. Perfectly plausible too.

The way I see the clone, she is too insane to want to escape anything except her continued cycles of existence :D

And that's wonderful imagery I should say I've always liked the visual images you use, among the best I've read.

He's such a wonderful rogue.

Yoshimo: Kie! (The tourists love that)

Beer. Beer!

You can't breathe beer, silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com