Beloved Child 48

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

Beloved Child has been cancelled in favour of hardcore graphic erotica intended for adults…

Nah… I only jest.

On another note, chapters may be a wee bit longer from now on. Enjoy!

Beloved Child 48

While the Slayer raged, Groder was elsewhere. The library of Candlekeep was burning and it was beautiful. He sat on the grass and watched the smoke drive towards the dark sky where the stars laughed cruelly. The copy sat next to him and smiled.

“You have been given a gift.” It said. “It fills the void so we do not perish and gives you a power. A power to slay all that opposes you. It can be nourished and controlled but it is also a door that lets the father in if used too often and too reckless.”

“I see…” Groder responded. “Can I control it now?” Excitement built in his voice.

The copy laughed in delight.

“Of course…” It replied.

When the boy became aware of himself again it was in his changed body. He looked down at the scaly armour and wicked blades. Stretching and moving arms and legs, he tried to get used to the odd feeling of multiple arms. Taking a step he finally noticed that he was surrounded by body parts. Picking up a thick arm that still held onto a club he realized that it certainly was not his companions.

“Clever Imoen…” It was somewhere between a growl and a hiss. “Good…”

He dropped the arm and looked around. The small room was filled with dead monsters and the door leading out was closed shut. Groder concentrated and started to change back into his normal self. When he had done so, he nimbly jumped past body after body.

“I am fine now!” He yelled through the door. “Eh… Sorry about that… I got the Slayer under control now.”

The door was flung open and Viconia marched in, a resolute look on her face. She landed a mailed fist on top of Groder´s head.

“Ow! The hells?” The boy yelled.

“Wael! It is a great power you can harness but if that thing tries to hunt Viconia again…” The Drow let the threat hang in the air.

Groder rubbed his head.

“Don`t worry about it. I can control it now.” He said sulkily.

“You`d better, I hope you realize that it puts us all in danger.” Jaheira admonished as she joined Viconia. “We escaped only thanks to Imoen´s quick thinking.”

“Yes, I understand.” The boy protested. “Look. I got it under control. It won’t happen again.”

The two women looked unconvinced.

“Just look.” Groder said and held out his hands. Concentrating hard on them, willing them to change, they eventually began warping. Skin became scaly and black; fingers became longer and the nails extended into metal claws. A barbed hook extended from the palm of his left hand.

Groder held up the warped hands in front of Jaheira and Viconia.

“See?” He asked and waved them around.

Jaheira still looked sceptical while Viconia nodded with appreciation. Gorder changed the hands back and gave a confident smile.

“If you are done playing with yourself, I would really like to leave now.” Imoen called from the door.

“Well, this sure doesn’t look like an exit.” Imoen commented she backed away from a goblin.

Jaheira swept her staff at the small green creature and its neck snapped grotesquely to the side. They had been swarmed by the little pests as soon as they had reached the centre of the circular room. Nalia shot flames from her hands at a pair of goblins and they ran away, flames engulfing them. The fight went in the party’s favour and after Viconia had managed to burn three goblins with her flail in one swing, the small creatures retreated back into the darkness.

“What do goblins have to do with testing someone’s mental health anyway?” Nalia asked as the last of the goblins disappeared from sight.

“You have preformed well and reached far.” A voice began and a transparent man in robes appeared before them. “The final test is…”

“An archaic and crude device!” Another voice, rich with power and with a smooth accent called.

A translucent man walked in to the room from the wall. A sneer was etched on his narrow face. A neat dark moustache lay above the mouth and equally dark and neat hair crowned his head. The man was dressed in black but wore what looked to be a butcher’s apron that held many stained with many dark blotches. The gloves the man wore were equally stained.
The man stopped at the first apparition and sliced a finger across its face. The robed man dissolved into nothingness.

“What does running like a rat in a maze has to do with ones mental acumen?” The apparitions “killer” asked. “They built this place and yet they disregard MY methods, preferring this travesty?” He swiped his arms at the room. “They lack the vision to see what my research can give.”

“What is going on?” Imoen whispered.

“Ah! I forgot to introduce myself.” The man turned to the party and bowed. “I am Killjoy and I will be your alienist this evening.”

“Killjoy?” Groder asked baffled. “I thought that was something Irenicus made up.”

“So it was an actual person?” Jaheira said. “But you are a ghost.” The druid then pointed out.

“A mere inconvenience I assure you. I am fully capable despite my… condition to cure the maladies that ail you." Killjoy said loudly. “But yes, Irenicus was an interesting subject. Devoid of emotion except for some violent outbursts such as the one that rid me of my physical self.” The man threw his hands up towards the ceiling. “But death is not the end; I have made sure of that!”

“Why am I not surprised that this unnatural place attracts such individuals?” Jaheira commented sourly.

“How I would love to continue our banter, I am afraid that we must move rather quickly.” Killjoy responded and began moving his hands. “We shall dispose of this ridiculous test and I shall move us to the end of this dreadfully trite machine.”

The world swirled around them and soon they all stood in bright sunlight. Imoen held up a hand against the light.

“Fresh air and sunlight!” She laughed and threw both arms into the air. “It has been a while.”

Jaheira drew a hand through her hair.

“It is a pleasant change indeed.” The druid said and then looked around. “Where did that insane ghost go?”

“He seems to have gone.” Haer`Dalis responded and then swept a hand over the small courtyard. “There seems to be an exit over there.” The bard pointed at a dark archway.

The blue tinted walls revealed that they had retuned to the second floor of Spellhold. To their luck solid wall faced the mazes exit. They crept along the outer wall, slowly and with much care once they got to the sections that opened up with arches on the indoor courtyard that now held Irenicus machine. The mage himself stood before it, eyes seemingly fixed in nowhere. As luck would have it his gaze was directed not at the wall the party was currently pressed against. They passed empty cells barred with thick iron doors, silent weeping emanated from one they passed. Eventually they reached the stairs leading up into the main level of the asylum. A rather shook up looking old gnome waited for them at the top of the stairs.

“K… Killjoy said to wait for you here…” The gnome said, quivering. “He… wanted me to wait… I am Lonk the sane.”

Imoen walked forward.

“Hey, Lonk.” She said, smiling. “How are you feeling?”

“Oh… Pink hair.” Lonk looked a little less afraid. “Killjoy was dead and then he came back. It has really unsettled me.” The gnome shivered again. “He wanted to give you the keys to the cells.” The small man handed Imoen a set of keys. “I’ll be in the kitchens.” The gnome ran off.

“Well, that was interesting.” Groder quipped.

“Ah, there you are.” Killjoy’s smooth voice said. The ghost slid through a wall. “I was held up with a charlatan named Saemon Havarian, he said he knew you and would wait for you in Brynnlaw should you require his services to leave the island. It seems like he felt somewhat guilty for getting you into this situation. “Killjoy waved a warning finger. “Although I seriously doubt that he is sincere.”

“Tch… Like I would trust him again.” Groder grumbled.

“Unfortunately he may be our only way back to Athkatla after we have dealt with Irenicus.” Jaheira said.

“Not so!” Killjoy thrust one of his arms downwards towards the floor. “Irenicus set up a portal in an old storage room below. Most likely it is his intended escape route. The vampire has already gone through it.”

“So we have some untrustworthy pirate or a portal to an unknown place. That is just peachy.” Imoen winked. “Why did you give us the keys to the cells?”

“I sincerely doubt that you can face Irenicus and thereby began walking down the road to healing all by yourselves.” The ghost of the alienist drummed a finger in the air. “Fortunately this place comes equipped with an army albeit a volatile and gibbering one.”

“Are you suggesting that we release the madmen?” Viconia asked incredulously and waved her flail in the direction of the cells.

“As much as I would hate to lose my patients, I am afraid that without them you will become just so much cinder.” Killjoy rested a hand on his forehead in a tragic, deponent manner.

Releasing the patients and then herding them into the common room with the half-moon sofa proved to be a difficult affair. Haer`Dalis had to carry Aphril from her cell since the creatures of the beyond was currently swarming the floor. Killjoy suggested that electrical shocks might help to make the patients more compliant. In the end three humans, an elf and a gnome sat crammed together on the sofa.
“Why have you disturbed Tiax, ruler of all he surveys?” The red haired and bearded gnome demanded. “The heavens move at my command alone!”

“I don’t think we are allowed outside right now.” Dili offered and crept close to Aphril. The blonde woman was looking about franticly.

“Angles, angles…” Naljier muttered and rocked back and forth.

“Look!” Groder yelled over the din. “We want to get to Irenicus and we want you to help us!”

A burst of garbled protests came from the assembled inmates of the asylum of the magically deviant. From all but Wanev, the green robed man stood up and pointed towards the ceiling.

“Yes! I am a streetwalking cheetah with a heart full of napalm!” He shook his fists at Groder. “Give me danger man!”

“Eh… yes…” Groder raised an eyebrow.

The former coordinator began moving his hands and chanting. After a dizzying feeling of movement they all stood in the lower level courtyard, only a few feet from Irenicus. For but a moment he seemed surprised then he fixed his cold eyes on the party.

“You have survived and you have released all of the subjects. How wonderfully mad of you.” His voice was level, betraying nothing. “Bodhi told me that you have gone through an interesting transformation. Too bad there will be no time to study it.” Then he spoke a single word and shimmering walls of protection shot up around him.

Being forced into battle all of the inmates beside Dili did the same. In a rare moment of clarity Aphril pushed Dili in behind one of the tanks that had held the unlucky thieves. Groder and Haer`Dalis charged Irenicus while Viconia and Jaheira began casting spells to enhance the party. Nalia and Imoen began concentrating on bringing down Irenicus defences.

The courtyard filled with lights that bounced of the blue walls and ceilings. Energies rippled back and forth. Lighting, ice and fire rained over and ran across the room. At one point Irenicus threw a grey smoky orb at Naljier Skal and the mad bard fell down dead. Every time a defence was razed by Nalia or Imoen a new seemed to spring up around Irenicus. But soon all that remained was his stone skin spell and Imoen began throwing small burning rocks at the mage. Nalia had pulled out her bow but her arrows had broken against Irenicus spell. Both Jaheira and Viconia almost simultaneously summoned up glittering balls that flew at Irenicus and when they hit the mage they jumped from person to person removing not only Irenicus stone skin but the spells that rested upon the others as well. Irenicus back-pedalled quickly and managed to avoid being hit by both Groder and Haer`Dalis.

“Why do I waste my time here when I have pressing matters elsewhere?” Irenicus said and swept his arm through the air while muttering a few syllables. “Die here among the mindless killers.”

In the three corridors that one could see through the arches, cell doors slammed open and dark clad, hooded people slid out into the light. Brandishing daggers and short swords the killers swarmed down the two stairs on the short sides of the room. The dark clad killers fanned out around the party and the remaining inmates. At the top of one of them a far too familiar face appeared.

“Yoshimo!” Nalia cried when she saw the Kara-Turan.

At the same time elsewhere…

Ganishuka looked over the mountain range. The sun was bathing the sky in red. The old man turned and regarded the young girl with the long braids that ended with golden loops that stood beside him. He drew a finger along a dark sigil under her right eye. A lone tear crept down her cheek.

“We shall have to cover that up, little one. You shall be a snake in the grass for Vikram. We leave the boy to his destiny.” His voice was that of a final page being shredded

#2 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

Beloved Child has been cancelled in favour of hardcore graphic erotica intended for adults…

The one H'D was supposed to discuss with Groder? :wink:

I love this detail.

“I am fine now!” He yelled through the door. “Eh… Sorry about that… I got the Slayer under control now.”

:)

“Wael! It is a great power you can harness but if that thing tries to hunt Viconia again…” The Drow let the threat hang in the air.

:D

Groder rubbed his head.

:lol:

It's hilarious! 'Oh, so you can change into an avatar of a god? And that's supposed to, what, impress me? Don't do that at home, and remember to wash all your mandibles and tentacles after killing any vampires!' :lol:

“Why am I not surprised that this unnatural place attracts such individuals?” Jaheira commented sourly.

“How I would love to continue our banter, I am afraid that we must move rather quickly.” Killjoy responded and began moving his hands. “We shall dispose of this ridiculous test and I shall move us to the end of this dreadfully trite machine.”

That's a precious Jaheira comment... and Killjoy is... um. A Cowled Wizard with a vengeance? :lol:

“As much as I would hate to lose my patients, I am afraid that without them you will become just so much cinder.” Killjoy rested a hand on his forehead in a tragic, deponent manner.

He's one useful insane ghost, though. Speeds up the plot!

“Yes! I am a streetwalking cheetah with a heart full of napalm!” He shook his fists at Groder. “Give me danger man!”

:lol:

Or... It really is a bedlam.

Irenicus back-pedalled quickly and managed to avoid being hit by both Groder and Haer`Dalis.

And the image of Irenicus backpedalling just completes the fun!

...and now, I take it, is the time for the angst stuff. :(

Ganishuka looked over the mountain range. The sun was bathing the sky in red. The old man turned and regarded the young girl with the long braids that ended with golden loops that stood beside him. He drew a finger along a dark sigil under her right eye. A lone tear crept down her cheek.

“We shall have to cover that up, little one. You shall be a snake in the grass for Vikram. We leave the boy to his destiny.” His voice was that of a final page being shredded

Without a full stop, even? Hmm... :?

I... how to say this? It was a funny chapter, thank you, but I want the drow already! ;)

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

While the Slayer raged, Groder was elsewhere. The library of Candlekeep was burning and it was beautiful. He sat on the grass and watched the smoke drive towards the dark sky where the stars laughed cruelly. The copy sat next to him and smiled.

Nice twist on the 'everything went black/red' transformation!

When the boy became aware of himself again it was in his changed body. He looked down at the scaly armour and wicked blades. Stretching and moving arms and legs, he tried to get used to the odd feeling of multiple arms. Taking a step he finally noticed that he was surrounded by body parts. Picking up a thick arm that still held onto a club he realized that it certainly was not his companions.

Still, ew!

The door was flung open and Viconia marched in, a resolute look on her face. She landed a mailed fist on top of Groder´s head.

Yay!

“Yes, I understand.” The boy protested. “Look. I got it under control. It won’t happen again.”

I don't blame them!

“Just look.” Groder said and held out his hands. Concentrating hard on them, willing them to change, they eventually began warping. Skin became scaly and black; fingers became longer and the nails extended into metal claws. A barbed hook extended from the palm of his left hand.

:(

Showoff.

“If you are done playing with yourself, I would really like to leave now.” Imoen called from the door.

:x

“A mere inconvenience I assure you. I am fully capable despite my… condition to cure the maladies that ail you." Killjoy said loudly. “But yes, Irenicus was an interesting subject. Devoid of emotion except for some violent outbursts such as the one that rid me of my physical self.” The man threw his hands up towards the ceiling. “But death is not the end; I have made sure of that!”

I'm not really surprised that this Killjoy found Irenicus to be interesting; it must have been almost like looking in the mirror.

“Oh… Pink hair.” Lonk looked a little less afraid. “Killjoy was dead and then he came back. It has really unsettled me.” The gnome shivered again. “He wanted to give you the keys to the cells.” The small man handed Imoen a set of keys. “I’ll be in the kitchens.” The gnome ran off.

I like that you gave him a reason for his behaviour.

“I sincerely doubt that you can face Irenicus and thereby began walking down the road to healing all by yourselves.” The ghost of the alienist drummed a finger in the air. “Fortunately this place comes equipped with an army albeit a volatile and gibbering one.”

“Are you suggesting that we release the madmen?” Viconia asked incredulously and waved her flail in the direction of the cells.

And I like that you gave them a reason to bring the inmates other than the game reason, which pretty much is 'game over if you don't'.

In the three corridors that one could see through the arches, cell doors slammed open and dark clad, hooded people slid out into the light. Brandishing daggers and short swords the killers swarmed down the two stairs on the short sides of the room. The dark clad killers fanned out around the party and the remaining inmates. At the top of one of them a far too familiar face appeared.

It won't be a happy reunion, I'm afraid :)

Poor girl :)

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

There is hardcore graphic erotica that’s intended for someone other than adults? :(

“You have been given a gift.” It said. “It fills the void so we do not perish and gives you a power. A power to slay all that opposes you. It can be nourished and controlled but it is also a door that lets the father in if used too often and too reckless.”

“I see…” Groder responded. “Can I control it now?” Excitement built in his voice.

It’s like a cool new toy for Groder. :)

Well it could have been Haer… damn!

I thought the Slayer would really turn on someone like her!

Jaheira still looked sceptical while Viconia nodded with appreciation. Gorder changed the hands back and gave a confident smile.

Ah there you go – I thought Vic would really fancy that.

“What do goblins have to do with testing someone’s mental health anyway?” Nalia asked as the last of the goblins disappeared from sight.

How many goblins can you kill before the sight of them drives you insane?

“What does running like a rat in a maze has to do with ones mental acumen?” The apparitions “killer” asked. “They built this place and yet they disregard MY methods, preferring this travesty?” He swiped his arms at the room. “They lack the vision to see what my research can give.”

Who is that? :) In any case, I approve of killing those whining apparitions.

He is amusing, though I am sure he would be even more amusing if I understood the reference.

“K… Killjoy said to wait for you here…” The gnome said, quivering. “He… wanted me to wait… I am Lonk the sane.”

The Sane, huh? Sure, I believe you… :D

Any meat shields will do, I am sure. :x

“I don’t think we are allowed outside right now.” Dili offered and crept close to Aphril. The blonde woman was looking about franticly.

Wonderful army, really inspires confidence, doesn’t it?

The courtyard filled with lights that bounced of the blue walls and ceilings. Energies rippled back and forth. Lighting, ice and fire rained over and ran across the room. At one point Irenicus threw a grey smoky orb at Naljier Skal and the mad bard fell down dead. Every time a defence was razed by Nalia or Imoen a new seemed to spring up around Irenicus. But soon all that remained was his stone skin spell and Imoen began throwing small burning rocks at the mage. Nalia had pulled out her bow but her arrows had broken against Irenicus spell. Both Jaheira and Viconia almost simultaneously summoned up glittering balls that flew at Irenicus and when they hit the mage they jumped from person to person removing not only Irenicus stone skin but the spells that rested upon the others as well. Irenicus back-pedalled quickly and managed to avoid being hit by both Groder and Haer`Dalis.

This fight was really quite trivial in the game – I guess you can explain it by Irenicus being unprepared.

Well, I guess she won’t be happy in the next chapter.

Does that mean he won’t bother Groder any more in the future?

#5 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

The one H'D was supposed to discuss with Groder? :(

No but that part is coming next time I think. ;)

I love this detail.

Thankee

Real confidence inspiring no?

She is a bit less happy right now.

Groder rubbed his head.

It's hilarious! 'Oh, so you can change into an avatar of a god? And that's supposed to, what, impress me? Don't do that at home, and remember to wash all your mandibles and tentacles after killing any vampires!' :)

It was not the reaction Groder had hoped for I think.

That's a precious Jaheira comment... and Killjoy is... um. A Cowled Wizard with a vengeance? :x

Thankee and Killjoy is special...

He's one useful insane ghost, though. Speeds up the plot!

Yep especially if you don`t like this part.

Or... It really is a bedlam.

And he channels Iggy Pop!

Irenicus back-pedalled quickly and managed to avoid being hit by both Groder and Haer`Dalis.

And the image of Irenicus backpedalling just completes the fun!

He has to do something to avoid being injured. ;)

...and now, I take it, is the time for the angst stuff. :D

Yes... It is coming up...

Without a full stop, even? Hmm... :(

?

I... how to say this? It was a funny chapter, thank you, but I want the drow already! :)

They are coming up very very soon!

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Nice twist on the 'everything went black/red' transformation!

Thank you.

Still, ew!

Unplesant yes?

Yay!

Yay for them being alive or yay for Vicionia hitting Groder?

I don't blame them!

Of course not! They are smart women after all.

Spooky ain`t it? :)

Showoff.

And it is not something you would want to show of either.

;)

I am personally very proud of that line. :)

I'm not really surprised that this Killjoy found Irenicus to be interesting; it must have been almost like looking in the mirror.

Killjoy would never admit that though.

I like that you gave him a reason for his behaviour.

He is just a convinient key dispenser otherwise. :x

And I like that you gave them a reason to bring the inmates other than the game reason, which pretty much is 'game over if you don't'.

It is kind of the same reason I give but the games is really annoying.

It won't be a happy reunion, I'm afraid :D

Nope...

Poor girl ;)

She might come back in the epiolouge!

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

[quote][quote]Beloved Child has been cancelled in favour of hardcore graphic erotica intended for adults…
[/quote]

There is hardcore graphic erotica that’s intended for someone other than adults? :(
[/quote]

Well, no... I don`t think so.... It is a disclaimer. :x

[quote]
[quote]“You have been given a gift.” It said. “It fills the void so we do not perish and gives you a power. A power to slay all that opposes you. It can be nourished and controlled but it is also a door that lets the father in if used too often and too reckless.”

“I see…” Groder responded. “Can I control it now?” Excitement built in his voice. [/quote]

It’s like a cool new toy for Groder. :D
[/quote]

It is! It will come in handy sometimes.

[quote]
[quote]When the boy became aware of himself again it was in his changed body. He looked down at the scaly armour and wicked blades. Stretching and moving arms and legs, he tried to get used to the odd feeling of multiple arms. Taking a step he finally noticed that he was surrounded by body parts. Picking up a thick arm that still held onto a club he realized that it certainly was not his companions. [/quote]

Well it could have been Haer… damn!
[/quote]

You are so mean to him.

[quote]
[quote]“Wael! It is a great power you can harness but if that thing tries to hunt Viconia again…” The Drow let the threat hang in the air. [/quote]

I thought the Slayer would really turn on someone like her!
[/quote]

Viconia: It is too scaly and has far too many blades in inconvinient places.

[quote]
[quote]Jaheira still looked sceptical while Viconia nodded with appreciation. Gorder changed the hands back and gave a confident smile.
[/quote]

Ah there you go – I thought Vic would really fancy that.
[/quote]

Viconia: It is the power!

[quote]
[quote]“What do goblins have to do with testing someone’s mental health anyway?” Nalia asked as the last of the goblins disappeared from sight. [/quote]

How many goblins can you kill before the sight of them drives you insane?
[/quote]

I think the set number is around ten.

[quote]
[quote]“What does running like a rat in a maze has to do with ones mental acumen?” The apparitions “killer” asked. “They built this place and yet they disregard MY methods, preferring this travesty?” He swiped his arms at the room. “They lack the vision to see what my research can give.” [/quote]

Who is that? :) In any case, I approve of killing those whining apparitions.
[/quote]

Another ghost that simply will not pass over!

[quote]
[quote]“A mere inconvenience I assure you. I am fully capable despite my… condition to cure the maladies that ail you." Killjoy said loudly. “But yes, Irenicus was an interesting subject. Devoid of emotion except for some violent outbursts such as the one that rid me of my physical self.” The man threw his hands up towards the ceiling. “But death is not the end; I have made sure of that!” [/quote]

He is amusing, though I am sure he would be even more amusing if I understood the reference.
[/quote]

Its is not all that accurate. The guy is from a survival horror game called The Suffering. He is a dead alienist that guides the main character though some parts of the game.

[quote]
[quote]“K… Killjoy said to wait for you here…” The gnome said, quivering. “He… wanted me to wait… I am Lonk the sane.”
[/quote]

The Sane, huh? Sure, I believe you… :)
[/quote]

Yeah... Why not? He is Lonk the sane after all.

[quote]
[quote]“I sincerely doubt that you can face Irenicus and thereby began walking down the road to healing all by yourselves.” The ghost of the alienist drummed a finger in the air. “Fortunately this place comes equipped with an army albeit a volatile and gibbering one.” [/quote]

Any meat shields will do, I am sure. ;)
[/quote]

Yep not that they actually seem to do anything useful in the game.

[quote]
[quote]“I don’t think we are allowed outside right now.” Dili offered and crept close to Aphril. The blonde woman was looking about franticly.

[/quote]

Wonderful army, really inspires confidence, doesn’t it?
[/quote]

No why wouldn`t it?

[quote]
[quote]The courtyard filled with lights that bounced of the blue walls and ceilings. Energies rippled back and forth. Lighting, ice and fire rained over and ran across the room. At one point Irenicus threw a grey smoky orb at Naljier Skal and the mad bard fell down dead. Every time a defence was razed by Nalia or Imoen a new seemed to spring up around Irenicus. But soon all that remained was his stone skin spell and Imoen began throwing small burning rocks at the mage. Nalia had pulled out her bow but her arrows had broken against Irenicus spell. Both Jaheira and Viconia almost simultaneously summoned up glittering balls that flew at Irenicus and when they hit the mage they jumped from person to person removing not only Irenicus stone skin but the spells that rested upon the others as well. Irenicus back-pedalled quickly and managed to avoid being hit by both Groder and Haer`Dalis. [/quote]

This fight was really quite trivial in the game – I guess you can explain it by Irenicus being unprepared.
[/quote]

Yeah. He does manage to throw a finger of death sometimes which is really annoying.

[quote]
[quote]In the three corridors that one could see through the arches, cell doors slammed open and dark clad, hooded people slid out into the light. Brandishing daggers and short swords the killers swarmed down the two stairs on the short sides of the room. The dark clad killers fanned out around the party and the remaining inmates. At the top of one of them a far too familiar face appeared.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I guess she won’t be happy in the next chapter.
[/quote]

Oh, no she won´t. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“We shall have to cover that up, little one. You shall be a snake in the grass for Vikram. We leave the boy to his destiny.” His voice was that of a final page being shredded[/quote]

Does that mean he won’t bother Groder any more in the future?[/quote]

Maybe... maybe not... Muhahahaha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com