Twist Of Fate 9-The Jesters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

Twist of Fate 9- The Jesters

“I don’t want to remember a man that couldn’t protect me.” He flinched as he heard that. “I don’t want to remember a man that couldn’t protect me.” He tried covering his ears. “I don’t want to remember a man that couldn’t protect me.” He started to sing trying to drown out all sound. “I don’t want to remember a man that couldn’t protect me.”

“P-please s-stop it!” He screamed, clenching his hands in emotional pain. He wanted to close his eyes but she had enchanted them so he couldn’t. He wanted to turn away but at every turn he saw it, in his mirrored cell. He could see her in the two way mirror that was facing the room, but she could only see him with the candles lit. She forced him to watch over and over. He had been watching the events of the night over and over again, she like to rub it in his face.

“Ooh but I love this part.”

“No. Under your tan you are very pale but also grey. I remember finding out that day in the barn.”

“It was a mistake, I should have never betrayed Khalid like that.”

“If I remember correctly it was one we repeated ten or eleven times.”

“Why would she betray her husband for some youth? Maybe it’s because that husband is spineless? Worthless? Pathetic? Or maybe she just need a good fuck?”

“I-I will n-not st-st-st-stand for this!”

“And what will you do Khalid? You cannot run. You cannot hide. You’re my prisoner.” She stood and walked over to face the ginger haired half-elf. She also had a faint reflection of herself and arranged the red robes she was wearing. Red on red just didn’t work on her. Pity. “You are filthy, the only thing you can do is die. I find you far too much fun to let you die just yet.”

“Jaheira and Sarevok will stop you, Jaxon.” The blood-red haired woman just laughed, taking on a distorted chord. Khalid’s eyes watered with stress and covered his ears again.

“So you know who I am?”

“I was there when they cut out your tongue jester. I do not know how it is that you’ve done this. You should be dead.”

“Oh but I am. You know even with your tongue cut out you can still make noises? Turn them into beautiful sounds of discordance. You really want to know what happened to me? Reiltar found me, found my dislike of all thing impure, a delightful breath of fresh air after his time with his wife. I scouted him out perfectly. He liked that I couldn’t talk, assigned me as his wife’s midwife. Oh, that Semanntha, was a pain, she loved everything, even that little freak of a Bhaalspawn she had picked up. I made sure that whiny bitch died on her childbed.

The whole time that little freak was staring at me, she knew what I did.” She laughed again. “You know how they say your first love imprints on you and stays with you? I was her first kill, it took her two years to get it done but she did it. Slit me right across the throat.” She drew a line across her neck. “I didn’t go to the Wall, I didn’t even make it to the Fugue plane, no somehow I got stuck to the little freak, the weakling was too- well, too weak to fight me off. I can take turns controlling her in moments of weakness, I can control her emotions, especially her hatred of your filthy kind.”

“Y-you are nothing but a r-racist Jaxon, I wanted to see you d-dead instead of merely having your tongue cut out. Y-you were the r-reason why I joined the H-harpers, to see that justice is done!” Khalid screamed at her.

“Ah you and your justice. You have no idea how delightful it was to drive the people to madness. And your parents, how sweetly you cried to for them! In fact that’s when you picked up your stutter.”

“I was just a boy then, but I will stop you.” He said firmly.

“You’ll have to kill Anna to kill me. And I believe that Sarevok will be the one to kill her.”

“No, I will n-not let A-anna die for y-your influence.” She laughed again.

“We will see as for now it serves me more to silence you.” She cast a spell and his lips melded together until there was no mouth, laughing as he clawed at where it had been. She waved her hand and the flames that revealed him expired. Jaxon pressed a hand to her head and swayed on her feet, dropping to the floor. As he watched, Jaxon’s body melted into the young girl’s, leaving the girl only clothed in the red robes, only her body didn’t fill out the robes as Jaxon had. The black haired girl, Anna, stood and shook her head.

“How did I get here?” She briefly touched her stomach, her face glowing for a moment. “Nah, it was just a dream.” She didn’t cast Khalid a glance, she could only see her own reflection, as she walked out and shut the door.

---

They were staying in Beregost, at the Feldepost Inn, he was relaxing in a hot bath that Imoen had acquire by picking the pocket of a man named Marl who had started an argument with him as soon as he came inside. It ended up with him arm wrestling the man for the right to stay here. After that the man was quite friendly, it had caused quite a stir as other men came forward to see if they could beat Sarevok. He enjoyed the fun, the comradery, the sheer fun that he could play without anyone knowing his secret, but hearty disapproved of Imoen stealing every drunk’s purse. It let them get the best room and possibly a weapon of some kind for Jaheira.

She couldn’t just stand there, gods knew he could do all the fighting and Imoen and her stay out of the way, but what if by some change something happened to him? Imoen wasn’t trained properly in the arcane arts but she was good with a bow, but that needed distance. He couldn’t keep them twenty feet back, that would leave them vulnerable from all sides. A blind woman and a small girl like Imoen made good targets. He sighed, he needed to find others to journey with.

He closed his eyes and stretched out the best he could in the tub, remember how back how in Candlekeep, there had been one big enough for him to sink down in. He was hoping that Jaheira would come in and join him. He couldn’t help himself. He knew it was wrong and felt some how that Khalid was watching. No, that was his imagination, Khalid couldn’t be watching. Of course, Sarevok did have a high resistence to magic, but then Khalid had been no mage. He would have to ask Jaheira. He cursed to himself, Jaheira wouldn’t know either. Asking Imoen was out of the question.

“Yes, why not? Imoen, I was having sex with Jaheira last night and I have a feeling that someone was spying on us, can you help me?” He snorted. No there would be no asking of Imoen.

“I would tell you, dear Sarevok, but I think you are a fool.” He felt the anger across his skin as Imoen’s voice came to him, then her hand slapping him across his head. “How could you take advantage of Jaheira?” He grabbed his towel and covered himself as he turned in the tub.

“Imoen! I didn’t know you were there!”

“Unlike you, I can be quiet.” Her eyes were blazing. “I heard you last night! I told you there was something wrong with her memory, yet you took advantage of her.” She looked slightly sick. “I thought I knew you. I guess I was wrong.” She ran out of the room leaving him cursing under his breath as he tried to pull his clothes over his head. Imoen ran down the hall and into Jaheira’s room. She found the druid half asleep from the day’s march... and most likely tired from not sleeping much the night before. “Jaheira, get up! We have to leave!”

“What is this, Imoen?” She asked as she was pulled to her feet and had her boots put back on her.

“We have to leave. Something’s come up.”

“What happen? Is Sarevok all right?”

“Don’t worry about him. He’ll meet up with us.” Imoen looked around and saw that most of his things were in the room. She ran around the room, picking up several things, including the map and his coin purse. And out they went.

---

Sarevok had gotten his clothes on, only after slipping and hitting his head on the tub. He had a nice welt on his head. Oh, how Bhaal was laughing.

-YOU CAN’T KEEP YOUR SISTERS. YOU CAN’T KEEP YOUR SISTERS.- Bhaal was actually giggling.

“Shut it!” Sarevok yelled over his aching head, as he walked outside, looking for his sister and Jaheira. Every thing was a little fuzzy at the edges but he was walking upright. “Imoen! Jaheira!” He called to the darkness. Damn, he would have to find a torch, he couldn’t see anything in this dark. He had tried to call upon his infravision but with no success. He was just too human and not enough elven for him to gain anything.

“Is there any way that I can assist you, sir?” A young man wearing a bright yellow shirt and brown pants asked him.

“Yes, have you seen a pink haired girl and a blind woman?” He asked.

“I can help you sir, if you would just help me.” Sarevok groaned, everyone had a price. “My employer, Miss Silke, needs protection, she hired me to find it for her.”

“I must do this quickly. I have to find my sister.” He said firmly. “What do you need?”

“I'm Garrick and I work for Silke Rosena. She's the most skilled musician and actor along the Sword Coast; in fact, she's to play at the Ducal palace before the month's done. But.....she's been having some problems of late. Some thugs have been hired by Feldepost to hurt her bad, because she didn't perform at his inn when she was supposed to. You can't blame her for not showing up, what with a villain like Feldepost running the place. She needs mercenaries to protect her until she's ready to go to Baldur's Gate. She's willing to pay about 300 gold. What do you say?”

“Sounds fair, but I have to be quick.” They walked over to the Red Sheaf Inn, where a woman was waiting.

“Greetings, I am Silke, thespian extraordinaire. Well then, I assume that Garrick has explained what your duties are. You must simply dispose of the ruffians when they come to threaten me. They shouldn't be too hard to deal with, but I would advise you to strike fast. Whatever you do don't speak with them. One of them is a mage whose mystic words can sway even the most wise of men.” She didn’t look like one. In the torch light she looked like a dolled up fancy. Not his type either, he liked down to earth woman. Sarevok didn’t answer her, only nodding in acknowledgment. Three men came out of the darkness and walked towards them. “There they are, prepare to attack.”

“Silke, we have come as you asked.” One of the men said.

“Quickly attack them!” She said.

“What is this? We have brought the jewels-“

“Attack them!” She told Sarevok. He just looked at her and punched her in the face, she crumbled on the ground. He felt guilty for hitting a woman, but it was obvious she meant harm to innocents. After all, he had yet to meet a mage that could influence him, except perhaps Gorion. -Oh gods, Gorion. How I failed you. I should have known.- He thought. Silke was getting back to her feet when the most horrible voice came out of the air. It spoke of destruction, the ending of all things. The woman was not unaffected, she started to scream and claw at her face. He could stand it, it actually called to his Bhaal essence. He looked for the source of the singing and saw the young man, Garrick, singing. He had a lute also, and was playing away on it, his head thrashing up and down as he played and sang.

“Stop it! I’ll do anything! Just stop playing!” She screamed. The three men had run away by now, leaving a bag of gems behind. Sarevok scooped it up and hid it on his body as he turned to her. She held out her purse of gold and was offering it to him, he took it along with her staff, sling and bullets.

“Goodbye Silke.” He upper cut her and down she went. Garrick stopped playing and turned to him.

“What will you do to her?”

“She will have to find her own way without any money. Or her weapons. Let the guards handle her. Now will you help me find my sister and friend?”

“Yes sir.” Garrick answered as he put the lute across his back.

Jaxon:
http://x69.xanga.com...0/t86630892.bmp

#2 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

:(

Not cool.

And silly Sarry, talking aloud. Not smart.

And I guess Garrick is a jester?

#3 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:35 AM

Sarevok will sometimes talk to himself since it's a little crowded in his head with Bhaal and all. I've always imagined Garrick as the jester type. You know he's just really bad to be anything else and not bad in a good way either.

#4 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

Sarevok will sometimes talk to himself since it's a little crowded in his head with Bhaal and all. I've always imagined Garrick as the jester type. You know he's just really bad to be anything else and not bad in a good way either.

Aye, I always imagined him as the unintentional jester.

#5 Weyoun

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

“If I remember correctly it was one we repeated ten or eleven times.”[/i]

Good point. :)

“And what will you do Khalid? You cannot run. You cannot hide. You’re my prisoner.” She stood and walked over to face the ginger haired half-elf. She also had a faint reflection of herself and arranged the red robes she was wearing. Red on red just didn’t work on her. Pity. “You are filthy, the only thing you can do is die. I find you far too much fun to let you die just yet.”

Harsh...

The whole time that little freak was staring at me, she knew what I did.” She laughed again. “You know how they say your first love imprints on you and stays with you? I was her first kill, it took her two years to get it done but she did it. Slit me right across the throat.” She drew a line across her neck. “I didn’t go to the Wall, I didn’t even make it to the Fugue plane, no somehow I got stuck to the little freak, the weakling was too- well, too weak to fight me off. I can take turns controlling her in moments of weakness, I can control her emotions, especially her hatred of your filthy kind.”

Nice little freak you came up with here. Let's hope something runs over her.

They were staying in Beregost, at the Feldepost Inn, he was relaxing in a hot bath that Imoen had acquire by picking the pocket of a man named Marl who had started an argument with him as soon as he came inside. It ended up with him arm wrestling the man for the right to stay here. After that the man was quite friendly, it had caused quite a stir as other men came forward to see if they could beat Sarevok. He enjoyed the fun, the comradery, the sheer fun that he could play without anyone knowing his secret, but hearty disapproved of Imoen stealing every drunk’s purse. It let them get the best room and possibly a weapon of some kind for Jaheira.

Plus, the drunks'll never know that its gone until the next day. :D

“Yes, why not? Imoen, I was having sex with Jaheira last night and I have a feeling that someone was spying on us, can you help me?” He snorted. No there would be no asking of Imoen.

*cough* That's not a statement you hear every day. ;)

-YOU CAN’T KEEP YOUR SISTERS. YOU CAN’T KEEP YOUR SISTERS.- Bhaal was actually giggling.

I imagine it sounds like a flossing Walrus. ;)

“I'm Garrick and I work for Silke Rosena. She's the most skilled musician and actor along the Sword Coast; in fact, she's to play at the Ducal palace before the month's done. But.....she's been having some problems of late. Some thugs have been hired by Feldepost to hurt her bad, because she didn't perform at his inn when she was supposed to. You can't blame her for not showing up, what with a villain like Feldepost running the place. She needs mercenaries to protect her until she's ready to go to Baldur's Gate. She's willing to pay about 300 gold. What do you say?”

Sold? :)

“Stop it! I’ll do anything! Just stop playing!” She screamed. The three men had run away by now, leaving a bag of gems behind. Sarevok scooped it up and hid it on his body as he turned to her. She held out her purse of gold and was offering it to him, he took it along with her staff, sling and bullets.

“Goodbye Silke.” He upper cut her and down she went. Garrick stopped playing and turned to him.

Nice. :shock:

“She will have to find her own way without any money. Or her weapons. Let the guards handle her. Now will you help me find my sister and friend?”

Do you really want that guy along? He's a worse musician than MC Hammer.
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#6 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

“If I remember correctly it was one we repeated ten or eleven times.”[/i]

Good point. ;)

Yes very good point. :shock:

Harsh...

Yep. This one really hates.

Nice little freak you came up with here. Let's hope something runs over her.

Let's hope not for different reasons.

Plus, the drunks'll never know that its gone until the next day. ;)

And they'll think they spent it all on booze

*cough* That's not a statement you hear every day. :)

:)

I imagine it sounds like a flossing Walrus. :D

Maybe

Sold? :D

Nice. :D

Sarevok hasn't worked himself up to a human kill, except his mother.

Do you really want that guy along? He's a worse musician than MC Hammer.

Well everyone will run away screaming. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com