Beloved Child 41

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Not entirely pleased with this chapter, it is choppy. At least they are on their way to Brynnlaw, kind of…

The next chapter will either be early or late depending on if I finish it this weekend. I got interviews next week.

Please Enjoy!

Beloved Child 41

Bodhi leaned the barley conscious Groder against the catacomb`s stone wall and looked around. She quickly began tearing at the dead bodies of her mortal servants, hoping to find a healing potion. The vampire queen managed to find one but the vial slipped from her hand and rolled away. Cursing she crawled after it but when the sounds of boots come nearer she stopped and looked over her shoulder. Groder was still breathing, sucking in deep, heavy breaths. Just as the first person exited the corridor that led to her court, Bodhi turned into a cloud of bats that fled fast from the dining hall and out into the catacombs.

Viconia sprang into the dining hall in time to catch a cloud of bats exiting the lair. The Drow noticed Groder propped up against the wall and was alarmed at the state he was in. She quickly made it over to the wounded boy. Crouching and chanting she let blue ripples of healing energy slip from her palms into Groder`s body. The boy coughed and opened his eyes.

“Viconia?” He whispered and weakly stretched out a hand. Then he began falling forward and the Drow cleric caught him. Groder breathed heavily in her arms. He began clambering to her, desperate.

“You need Viconia, do not forget that.” The Drow said as she let the boy take a hold of her and then cast another spell. Groder clambered to Viconia, the heat of the healing spell washing away the pain and delirium. His head lolled as the flesh regenerated and knitted together.

“See, you need Viconia, abbil.” She repeated.

“Yes… need.” Came the youth’s weak reply.

The rest of the party and the thieves had come into the room but had missed the boy’s and the Drow`s hushed talk. Viconia turned her head to them and yelled.

“Groder is hurt; I need help to carry him!”

Haer`Dalis, Hiranmayi and Jaheira went quickly to the kneeling Drow. Jaheira looked at the blood that had spread beneath the chain mail and tunic. Viconia had torn of a sleeve of Groder`s tunic and held the bundle against the wound.

“The healing spells have done their job but there is still a gash that is bleeding.” Jaheira commented.

Viconia and Haer`Dalis carefully removed the chain mail and tunic. There was a collective gasp from the assembled as they pulled the tunic off. The tattoos that covered the boy’s chest were writhing around the area of the wound. Blue tendrils hovered near the gash in Groder`s chest.

“What in the hells is that?” Renal asked perplexed.

“Ganishuka…” Hiranmayi growled in response.

“Do you know what they are doing?” Jaheira asked the girl.

The girl shook her head. Jaheira wrapped the strip of cloth around the wound and Groder`s chest. After that Haer`Dalis lifted the boy off the floor together with Yoshimo.

“We will get back to Aran and report.” Renal told them. “We should have a ship ready very soon.”

Jaheira nodded. “Good, but I don’t think Groder will be going anywhere for a few days.” She said.

“So, here we are again.” Jaheira commented. Viconia sat on a chair next to the druid; both of them were looking at Groder, resting in his bed. “What I don’t understand.” The half-elf went on. “Is why Bodhi would risk almost killing him if that was the opposite of her and Irenicus plans, whatever they are?”

“My honest opinion?” The Drow crossed her legs. “I think he said something stupid.”

Jaheira sighed. “Most likely, I wish he would learn to control his mouth.”

“Tch…” Hiranmayi snorted behind them. The girl sat on a small table, dark eyes focused on the two women. “He probably spoke some truth to her; nothing enrages people, living or dead like the truth of things. It is how Ganishuka kills.”

“And I could have sworn it was powerful spells he used when we encountered him.” Viconia said dryly and smiled.

“He would not use his full power to stamp out field mice.” The girl responded and locked eyes with Viconia.

“Oh? I assume that he would use all his power on you then. I imagine that he shakes to his very bones at the thought of you.” The Drow taunted.

“Hrmph.” Hiranmayi stuck her nose up and crossed her arms over her chest.

Jaheira shook her head. The door opened and Haer`Dalis came into the room. The bard was carrying a mandolin and slowly sounded off small pieces of music.

“How is he?” Haer`Dalis asked and nodded towards Groder.

“Stable.” Viconia answered. “The spells and potions have done their bit. The blow was slowed down by the mail and halted at the rib. The vampire did not put full force behind it.”

After she finished speaking Viconia leaned over Groder and began undoing the bandage.

“It is about time to remove this anyways, hand me a new one just in case will you Jaheira?”

The Druid complied and removed another strip of cloth from the bag that sat next to her chair.
“Would you look at that?” Haer`Dalis said fascinated.

The wound had left a small but ugly scar and over it the tattoos had fused again to form their intricate patterns. Viconia drew a finger along the scar and Groder shivered in his sleep.

“It will hurt him a while but these tattoos worry me.” Jaheira said.

Hiranmayi jumped of the table and pushed her way passed the two women and the bard.

“They are chains that link him and the fiend together.” The girl placed a hand on Groder`s leg.
“Incomplete they do enough; complete they would rule his mind.”

Groder choose this moment to wake up. The youth stirred and then opened his eyes. He coughed and looked around at the four people peering down at him.

“Quite the crowd.” He mumbled and rose into a sitting position. Doing so sent a jolt of pain through his body and he winced.

“You need more rest.” Jaheira said and was the only one courteous enough to look away. “And pull up the sheet.”

Groder looked down quickly, blushed and pulled the sheet over his exposed midriff.

“It doesn`t hurt that much.” The youth responded after covering himself up. “I can probably walk. We should get to Aran as soon as possible.”

“Two of us here are versed in treating wounds; you are not one of them.” Viconia said and wagged a finger at him. “If we say you need rest then you need rest.”

“I can rest on our way to Spellhold. The bitch did not break anything.” Groder reached for a pair of pants that hung over the beds foot. “She didn´t break anything right?”

In another room, Nalia was sitting bent over a journal, quill moving fast across the empty pages and filling them. Sitting behind her on the lone bed was Yoshimo, carefully polishing his blade.

“What are you doing?” The Kara-Turan asked.

“Oh, just recording what we have been going through.” The young mage answered. “These things make it feel like reclaiming my home won’t be such a hard thing. We just defeated vampires for goodness sake!” She hung her head. “Even if I wasn’t of much use.”

Yoshimo smiled.

“Sometimes it feels like I am of little use as well.” The man said.

“It seems like this will be over soon…” Nalia trailed off and looked at the man.

Yoshimo nodded apprehensively.

“I need to keep adventuring to gather experience and gold so I don´t think we will be parted so soon.” She smiled a bit at the Kara-Turans worried face.

“No, I don`t think we will.” Yoshimo responed and smiled.

When night fell Bodhi threw herself out of the tower she had hidden in and began flying towards Brynnlaw. The hundred bats that made up Bodhi flew hard so as to quickly make their way across the water. When she had flown for some time she began noticing a ship growing bigger and bigger. She could still see in this form and everything, the sky, the sea was warm red expect the ship. It was black, it was darker then black. As she got even closer she saw a lone figure on the deck. It seemed to be pointing directly at her. Which were of course impossible in the dead of night but yet the figure and the ship sent unwelcome chills through her mind. She still wondered if she had killed Groder and wanted to put time between herself and her brother so she flew closer to the ship. For the short seconds she where in the darkness that surrounded the ship it felt as if she was alive and breathing again and hands with power beyond imagining tried to crush the life from her throat.

Bodhi materialized on the deck. Three masts rose towards the heavens, sails furled. The darkness of the ship was not as encroaching when on it. Fires burned in torches set up on the deck. A lone old man stood before her. She looked at the old man and put her hands on her hips. He looked frail and brittle but his back was straight. Long white hair and beard flowed down his back and torso. His eyes were pitch black orbs.

“Who are you that can spot a vampire in flight and at this time?” The vampire queen asked haughtily. “What do you want, old man?”

“You killed the boy…” The old man growled.

Bodhi took an unconscious step back. The odd accusation surprised her, tension crept along her spine. She would stand her ground however.

“What boy?” She challenged and waved her hand in a nonchalant manner. “Is age taking its toll?”

“You know which one I mean!” The old one roared. His voice much stronger then one would assume. “The god child!”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Bodhi purred and put her hands on her hips. Something was wrong with this situation. She tried to decide whether fight or flight would be necessary.

“I know because of the ink, the spells and the words I carved into him!” The man stepped forward deliberate and slowly.

Realization struck the vampire queen.

“You are the ones that killed a few of my scouts.” She said. “You kidnapped him.”

“And you killed him!” The man holwed, again his voice seemed magnified beyond any proportions.

Bodhi took another step back and cursed herself for not noticing that she did so. She could feel her bravado melting away and the doubt beginning to grow.

“And I am undone!” The man cried; a fire seemed to burn in his black eyes. “Because of a pathetic, incestuous little girl!” He pointed wildly, accusingly at the vampire.

The man’s rage seemed genuine and Bodhi guessed that he had power enough to deal with her. She also found that she had backed up against the railing. She quickly looked around at the darkness surrounding the ship and when she looked back to the old man he seemed to have deflated.

“Leave my sight.” The man said hoarsely. His tone had gone from anger one of defeat.” Go away and hope your Irenicus is as merciful as I.”

At the mention of her brothers taken name, the doubt and fear drove itself fully into her mind. Bodhi transformed and quickly took to the night sky, flying towards the mainland away from the direction of Brynnlaw.

Ganishuka watched the vampire head away, back towards the city and he smiled.

“Fly on wings of despair.” He whispered. “And when you realize that the boy has already set sail during the day you spent with me here it will already be too late.”

Soft feet padded up behind him. The dark haired woman that was his daughter stopped beside him, head lowered.

“I can feel it in the wind, Jaya.” The woman looked up quickly; eyes alight with joy and then cast down her glace again. “I can feel it, daughter. The time is nigh. The ritual will be completed, the boy branded with my words. He will entertain, satiate and confuse our benevolent ruler.” He laughed and began talking to someone who was not there. “And this time there will be no tricks for you to use Vikram. Only you and I in battle. I will keep you alive I think.” Ganishuka mused. “So you can watch me eat the dreams and hopes of an entire nation.” He sighed and looked out over the ocean.

“Prepare the ritual again.” The old sorcerer said.

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

Not entirely pleased with this chapter, it is choppy. At least they are on their way to Brynnlaw, kind of…

The ship burned down and they had to swim? ;)

The next chapter will either be early or late depending on if I finish it this weekend. I got interviews next week.

Good luck!

Viconia and Haer`Dalis carefully removed the chain mail and tunic. There was a collective gasp from the assembled as they pulled the tunic off. The tattoos that covered the boy’s chest were writhing around the area of the wound. Blue tendrils hovered near the gash in Groder`s chest.

Living tattoos? Cool… I know a lot of people would want something like that!

“So, here we are again.” Jaheira commented. Viconia sat on a chair next to the druid; both of them were looking at Groder, resting in his bed. “What I don’t understand.” The half-elf went on. “Is why Bodhi would risk almost killing him if that was the opposite of her and Irenicus plans, whatever they are?”

Because Bodhi isn’t very smart? That’s also an important thing to note. ;)

“Tch…” Hiranmayi snorted behind them. The girl sat on a small table, dark eyes focused on the two women. “He probably spoke some truth to her; nothing enrages people, living or dead like the truth of things. It is how Ganishuka kills.”

And I suppose you’re always enraging people by saying the truth… because I could swear you were just a rude and insulting twat?

Jaheira shook her head. The door opened and Haer`Dalis came into the room. The bard was carrying a mandolin and slowly sounded off small pieces of music.

I can’t resist the urge to hit him with something heavy. ;)

“They are chains that link him and the fiend together.” The girl placed a hand on Groder`s leg.

Nice, he really needs that in addition to Bhaal controlling him.

“You need more rest.” Jaheira said and was the only one courteous enough to look away. “And pull up the sheet.”

Jaheira is just the only one who isn’t interested. Probably because she can do much better than that anyway! ;)

“I need to keep adventuring to gather experience and gold so I don´t think we will be parted so soon.” She smiled a bit at the Kara-Turans worried face.

Wonder if this in any way will affect what Yoshi has to do.

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Bodhi purred and put her hands on her hips. Something was wrong with this situation. She tried to decide whether fight or flight would be necessary.

Bodhi meets Ganishuka… hadn’t expected this encounter at all.

“Leave my sight.” The man said hoarsely. His tone had gone from anger one of defeat.” Go away and hope your Irenicus is as merciful as I.”

I wonder why doesn’t he know that Groder survived. If the tattoos let him know that Groder is injured, he probably is getting some kind of feedback until Groder is still alive.

“Fly on wings of despair.” He whispered. “And when you realize that the boy has already set sail during the day you spent with me here it will already be too late.”

Oh, alright! ;) that makes more sense – now I do wonder if Bodhi will come clean to Irenicus at all.

Bring on the Wooly Sheep of Sacrifice!

#3 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

“You need Viconia, do not forget that.” The Drow said as she let the boy take a hold of her and then cast another spell. Groder clambered to Viconia, the heat of the healing spell washing away the pain and delirium. His head lolled as the flesh regenerated and knitted together.

Ooh. This is such a great moment.

But may I, please, please, ask you to consider one more punctuation change? (Yes, I know that I'm picky, it's just that it's odd to read a great story, but have to interpret things such as

"You need Viconia, do not forget that.” The Drow said

This should be:

"You need Viconia, do not forget that,” the Drow said

...)

The tattoos that covered the boy’s chest were writhing around the area of the wound. Blue tendrils hovered near the gash in Groder`s chest.

Cernd: Even mine don't do that. ;)

“My honest opinion?” The Drow crossed her legs. “I think he said something stupid.”

Got it in one. ;)

Cool! ;)

“Quite the crowd.” He mumbled and rose into a sitting position. Doing so sent a jolt of pain through his body and he winced.

Groder looked down quickly, blushed and pulled the sheet over his exposed midriff.

Ooh. Poor guy, I imagine. But the image of those three heads peeking is just great. You are one cruel, cruel scribe to your character. ;)

“Two of us here are versed in treating wounds; you are not one of them.” Viconia said and wagged a finger at him. “If we say you need rest then you need rest.”

Your Viconia is sometimes wonderfully... relaxed. I don't imagine many Viconias wagging a finger. ;)

That was a cool domestic scene. But this line is just... creepy. It makes me think that Yoshimo will ask Irenicus for Nalia as a reward... And I'd just love to be wrong.

The way you write Ganishuka is just... great. And creepy. I absolutely *love* the way you wrote him, and Bodhi, and the whole encounter, starting from the description of Bodhi's flight. Especially the small detail of Bodhi putting her hands on her hips, but... yes. All of it. I'd have to quote all of it...
And I love the way you wrote about the ink, spells and words carved into Groder.
:contented sigh: It was a treat. :)

#4 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

Good luck with that!

Bodhi leaned the barley conscious Groder against the catacomb`s stone wall and looked around. She quickly began tearing at the dead bodies of her mortal servants, hoping to find a healing potion. The vampire queen managed to find one but the vial slipped from her hand and rolled away.

And this tells you all you need to know about exactly how badly she screwed up ;)

Is she trying to plant the suggestion while he's half out of it? ;)

;)

I just love how both of them know exactly how he could have gotten himself in that situation :)

Hypnotattoos... nasty.

;)

“Oh, just recording what we have been going through.” The young mage answered. “These things make it feel like reclaiming my home won’t be such a hard thing. We just defeated vampires for goodness sake!” She hung her head. “Even if I wasn’t of much use.”

I remember Nalia as being quite useful when I had her in a group. She was THE mage for one my first party that made it past Chapter 1 ;)

...and how does he intend to accomplish that, exactly?

Bodhi materialized on the deck. Three masts rose towards the heavens, sails furled. The darkness of the ship was not as encroaching when on it. Fires burned in torches set up on the deck. A lone old man stood before her. She looked at the old man and put her hands on her hips. He looked frail and brittle but his back was straight. Long white hair and beard flowed down his back and torso. His eyes were pitch black orbs.

Well hello there.

“And you killed him!” The man holwed, again his voice seemed magnified beyond any proportions.

Only mostly killed him...

“And I am undone!” The man cried; a fire seemed to burn in his black eyes. “Because of a pathetic, incestuous little girl!” He pointed wildly, accusingly at the vampire.

The man’s rage seemed genuine and Bodhi guessed that he had power enough to deal with her. She also found that she had backed up against the railing. She quickly looked around at the darkness surrounding the ship and when she looked back to the old man he seemed to have deflated.

At the mention of her brothers taken name, the doubt and fear drove itself fully into her mind. Bodhi transformed and quickly took to the night sky, flying towards the mainland away from the direction of Brynnlaw.

I don't blame her one little bit for being freaked out by him, soul or no soul.

And what does he gain from that?

Have I mentioned he is immensely creepy?

#5 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

The ship burned down and they had to swim? :P

:)

I reallt hope Aran could fix a replacement ship if that event where to happen,

Good luck!

Thankee

Living tattoos? Cool… I know a lot of people would want something like that!

Might make tattoos hip again. Provided they did not come from evil old sorcerers that eat hope.

Because Bodhi isn’t very smart? That’s also an important thing to note. ;)

Ah... Irenicus forgot to "Bodhi-safe" his plans. And Bodhi does not come of as that bright no...

And I suppose you’re always enraging people by saying the truth… because I could swear you were just a rude and insulting twat?

She is just rude and insulting... :P Ganishuka is another matter.

I can’t resist the urge to hit him with something heavy. ;)

I predict that your wish to harm Haer will only increase as the story moves on. ;)

Nice, he really needs that in addition to Bhaal controlling him.

Bhaal doesn`t really have much executive power here... More info during the dream stuff in Spellhold. ;)

Jaheira is just the only one who isn’t interested. Probably because she can do much better than that anyway! ;)

:D

I am guessing the other three can do better as well, there just isn`t anyone like that around. :)

Wonder if this in any way will affect what Yoshi has to do.

Well, he still has the geas stomping around so he can`t really do anything.

Bodhi meets Ganishuka… hadn’t expected this encounter at all.

It came a bit out of the blue for me as well.

I wonder why doesn’t he know that Groder survived. If the tattoos let him know that Groder is injured, he probably is getting some kind of feedback until Groder is still alive.

He knows, he is just lying to Bodhi.

Oh, alright! :D that makes more sense – now I do wonder if Bodhi will come clean to Irenicus at all.

If she is smart she won´t be mentioning either almost killing Groder pr getting fooled.

Bring on the Wooly Sheep of Sacrifice!

This one struggles a bit more then your avarage sheep though.

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:57 AM

Ooh. This is such a great moment.

Thank you. To be honest I was wondering about that scene.

But may I, please, please, ask you to consider one more punctuation change? (Yes, I know that I'm picky, it's just that it's odd to read a great story, but have to interpret things such as

"You need Viconia, do not forget that.” The Drow said

This should be:

"You need Viconia, do not forget that,” the Drow said

...)

Thank you for pointing things like this out. I won`t catch it myself so it is appreciated

The tattoos that covered the boy’s chest were writhing around the area of the wound. Blue tendrils hovered near the gash in Groder`s chest.

Cernd: Even mine don't do that. ;)

Your tattoos did not come from Ganishuka! ;)

Got it in one. :)

It is kind of a safe bet. ;)

Cool! :D

:)

Thank you.

Ooh. Poor guy, I imagine. But the image of those three heads peeking is just great. You are one cruel, cruel scribe to your character. :D

I realized at some point that I am really mean to all my characters. It just happened…

Groder is going to enjoy a few of the future chapters though.

Your Viconia is sometimes wonderfully... relaxed. I don't imagine many Viconias wagging a finger. ;)

It is the relaxing environment she gets to work in... ;)

That was a cool domestic scene. But this line is just... creepy. It makes me think that Yoshimo will ask Irenicus for Nalia as a reward... And I'd just love to be wrong.

Someone will not be happy after Spellhold...

The way you write Ganishuka is just... great. And creepy. I absolutely *love* the way you wrote him, and Bodhi, and the whole encounter, starting from the description of Bodhi's flight. Especially the small detail of Bodhi putting her hands on her hips, but... yes. All of it. I'd have to quote all of it...

And I love the way you wrote about the ink, spells and words carved into Groder.

:contented sigh: It was a treat. :P

Thank you, the entire thing was pretty much written on the fly so I had my worries.

Ganishuka is becoming creepier and he will continue to be so I hope.

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:08 AM

Good luck with that!

Hopefully it will go ok.

Bodhi leaned the barley conscious Groder against the catacomb`s stone wall and looked around. She quickly began tearing at the dead bodies of her mortal servants, hoping to find a healing potion. The vampire queen managed to find one but the vial slipped from her hand and rolled away.

And this tells you all you need to know about exactly how badly she screwed up :D

Oh yeah, this is something Irenicus won`t be hearing about.

Is she trying to plant the suggestion while he's half out of it? :)

Something like that. Viconia is not one to be pushed aside.

;)

Spooky ain`t it? ;)

I just love how both of them know exactly how he could have gotten himself in that situation :D

Well, they both kind of know how he functions. ;)

Hypnotattoos... nasty.

Yep. Those are chains that won`t go away.

;)

*bows* I aim to entertain.

I remember Nalia as being quite useful when I had her in a group. She was THE mage for one my first party that made it past Chapter 1 :)

Yeah, she is useful but not so much here.

...and how does he intend to accomplish that, exactly?

Hope springs eternal... Nalia won`t like Spellhold.

Well hello there.

Ganishuka: Good evening.

Only mostly killed him...

Yeah, but Ganishuka is lying.

I don't blame her one little bit for being freaked out by him, soul or no soul.

Yeah, also when people just seem to know stuff about you out of the blue it would be unsettling. Especially for someone who should be pretty immune to psychic attacks.

And what does he gain from that?

Time. If Irencius does not know that Groder is coming, he won`t suspect that Groder has been snatched away.

Have I mentioned he is immensely creepy?

Hopefully he will become moreso. ;)

#8 Weyoun

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hehehe, nice...

;)

“I can rest on our way to Spellhold. The bitch did not break anything.” Groder reached for a pair of pants that hung over the beds foot. “She didn´t break anything right?”

Well... :)

“I know because of the ink, the spells and the words I carved into him!” The man stepped forward deliberate and slowly.

“You are the ones that killed a few of my scouts.” She said. “You kidnapped him.”

Methinks Bodhi has a little antagonist on her tail. :(

“I can feel it in the wind, Jaya.” The woman looked up quickly; eyes alight with joy and then cast down her glace again. “I can feel it, daughter. The time is nigh. The ritual will be completed, the boy branded with my words. He will entertain, satiate and confuse our benevolent ruler.” He laughed and began talking to someone who was not there. “And this time there will be no tricks for you to use Vikram. Only you and I in battle. I will keep you alive I think.” Ganishuka mused. “So you can watch me eat the dreams and hopes of an entire nation.” He sighed and looked out over the ocean.

Cool.
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#9 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hehehe, nice...

Oh, yeah. :D

;)

Well, he did! :)

They know him well.

Well... :)

Nah, he is fine. Don`t pay attention to the wheezing.

Methinks Bodhi has a little antagonist on her tail. :(

Yep, She had gotten herself into some trouble.

Cool.

Thank you. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com