Leading for the Greater Good

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:52 PM

Leading for the Greater Good

Shas’vre Fal’shia Cal’yon walked along the path. His hooves left prints in the mud from last nights rains. The sky above him was still grey, the threat of more rain was obvious. The wind whipped about him and his squadron, he shook his head to clear an errant strand of hair from his almond shaped eyes. I don’t like this. . He gripped the rifle even tighter.

Beside him, Aun’el N’lis sighed and shook his head. “You do not like this, do you?” The Ethereal’s brown topknot was blowing in the wind, his blue-green cloak was tugging at the silver clasp about his shoulders. His dark grey skin was almost the colour of the sky. He carried the honour blade at his side, one grey hand wrapped around the blue and silver haft. The curved blades at the top and bottom of the weapon glinted dully in the gloom.

He bowed. “No Aun, with respect, I do not. You place yourself in too much danger. Shas’el Nai’sha has already voiced that particular complaint – you are too valuable to risk.” I do wish that particular argument would work on the Shas’el, but she has her own honour guard to see to her safety. . . He sighed.

Aun’el N’lis’mouth quirked ever so slightly. “I do wish Shas’el Nai’sha would listen to her own reasoning occasionally.”

Cal’yon blinked. It was odd for the Ethereal to display his sense of humour, and he rarely did so to someone outside his honour guards. He shook his head. I have my own job to do, and my charge is just as stubborn. “But sir, her point is still valid – you are valuable and you place yourself at risk on a mission that involves first contact with a human Inquisitor. I do wish you would not do this.” I do not have the authority to actually stop him should he wish; he is Aun, and I am Shas. But I would hope he would heed my words. He kept walking forward, the Aun still beside him.

Aun’el N’lis sighed again. “I do see your concern, but I am not to be kept behind glass.” He smiled at the head of his bodyguards. “The Ethereal Caste lead for the Greater Good, and I cannot lead trapped upon a pedestal.”

Shas’vre Cal’yon nodded. “I suppose, sir.”

The Ethereal smiled and put a hand on Cal’yon’s armoured shoulder. “But you would see me kept safe. I know. But even the Ethereals have their duty, Shas’vre. Now come, let us go.”

Cal’yon nodded. I don’t think I’ll ever understand the Aun. . . He followed along beside the Aun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com